Top Tier Pokemon

Im not arguing that dragon dance is superior, it definently is, however I wasnt sure if a curse tyranitar was viable, since it sill has a great HP and special defense stat. From the looks of things its wont be particularly easy to set up with him, but im going to have to give it a shot, just to see for myself. I want to see how well it does. If it gets eaten then so be it, it was in the other options section for a reason, lol. As far as regirock goes, is he used commonly? I fought one once, and it surprised the pants off me with counter and ohkoed whatever it was I tried to hit him with.
I mean, you can try it, if you really want to know. The thing is, you mention that "once their ttar counter has been removed", but if you've only got one Pokemon that can deal with ttar on a team, you're gonna lost a lot of games. He's just too good. If you've beaten all their ttar counters, then why would you want to lower your speed? It just gives Pokemon that would otherwise roll over and die (if you were DDing) a chance to smack you.

Regirock is definitely not used commonly. That doesn't mean it's bad, but it's just not as good as the commonly used mons. There are a lot of Pokemon that are still viable, but aren't used very much, due to being too niche, or being outclassed by someone else.

Yeah, Regirock is by no means common, but then neither is CurseTar. Honestly I don't see the point of using TTar as a Curser over Regi unless for some reason you really need a Psychic immunity. Otherwise, Regi is completely superior at this (and I wouldn't relieve him of one of the few jobs hes better than TTar at)

Yeah, Regirock is by no means common, but then neither is CurseTar. Honestly I don't see the point of using TTar as a Curser over Regi unless for some reason you really need a Psychic immunity. Otherwise, Regi is completely superior at this (and I wouldn't relieve him of one of the few jobs hes better than TTar at)
If you have a really hardcore stall team (I ran him on my "Literally win by Spikes + Toxic, and nothing else" team) his near-infinite defence is a plus over TTar, but then again those kind of teams arent exactly good XD

If you have a really hardcore stall team (I ran him on my "Literally win by Spikes + Toxic, and nothing else" team) his near-infinite defence is a plus over TTar, but then again those kind of teams arent exactly good XD
In that scenario TTar is still better because of Sand Stream, which is practically mandatory for stall. Regirock is purely better at Cursing and Exploding, it doesn't belong on a defensive team. In fact, for most, if not every game Regirocks in it should be Exploding, kinda like Metagross. I don't think Regirock is even worth using if it doesn't have Explosion. For example, he can work as an alternative to Swampert on an offensive team, but the only real advantage he has is, again, Explosion. He has Thunder Wave as well I guess, but he won't be paralysing anything worth paralysing.

In that scenario TTar is still better because of Sand Stream, which is practically mandatory for stall. Regirock is purely better at Cursing and Exploding, it doesn't belong on a defensive team. In fact, for most, if not every game Regirocks in it should be Exploding, kinda like Metagross. I don't think Regirock is even worth using if it doesn't have Explosion. For example, he can work as an alternative to Swampert on an offensive team, but the only real advantage he has is, again, Explosion. He has Thunder Wave as well I guess, but he won't be paralysing anything worth paralysing.
Yeah that is true, that team was when I was new, and didnt like SS turning off my own leftovers (Most of the team wasnt immune)

EDIT: Who are good team-mates for Celebi? Im guessing Baton-Passing CM or SD-Boosts to Dugtrio for trapping is decent, but who else works well?

Yeah that is true, that team was when I was new, and didnt like SS turning off my own leftovers (Most of the team wasnt immune)

EDIT: Who are good team-mates for Celebi? Im guessing Baton-Passing CM or SD-Boosts to Dugtrio for trapping is decent, but who else works well?
Umbreon is an excellent teammate for celebi, if you like mean look baton pass perish song. Its a lot of fun, but not exactly easy to pull off. You could also mean look then leech seed something to death, if your into that sort of thing.
Thank you everyone for the information and opinions about cursing Tyranitar. I may take a look at regirock and see if he's worthwhile, however I will still test out CurseTar in this gen, maybe with proper team support he could pull something off. Although Im sure it would be easier to just DD and win, curse on ttar seems like a lot of fun.

Umbreon is an excellent teammate for celebi, if you like mean look baton pass perish song. Its a lot of fun, but not exactly easy to pull off. You could also mean look then leech seed something to death, if your into that sort of thing.
Thank you everyone for the information and opinions about cursing Tyranitar. I may take a look at regirock and see if he's worthwhile, however I will still test out CurseTar in this gen, maybe with proper team support he could pull something off. Although Im sure it would be easier to just DD and win, curse on ttar seems like a lot of fun.
Have you thought of doing some sort of Ancient Power TTar? instead? I used that strategy in GSC, you AP on the switch and sweep if you get the boosts, seems similar to what you want to do

Have you thought of doing some sort of Ancient Power TTar? instead? I used that strategy in GSC, you AP on the switch and sweep if you get the boosts, seems similar to what you want to do
I feel like with ancient power, you would pretty much need screech, considering its low base power, and the slim chance of obtaining the boosts. I would have absolutely no idea how to EV an ancient power ttar. I suppose screech, ancientpower, equake, and hp bug could work.

Ancientpower is not a competitive move, because there's only a 10% chance of you getting the boosts. It would be like you basing your team's strategy around hoping that Rock Slides and Meteor Mashes miss. It happens (actually, it happens fairly often), but it's always slightly unexpected and frustrating when it does.

If you want to use Screech on something, I would probably use it on Flygon. Tyranitar has better things to do. Flygon typically has better things to do, too, but I've seen people use it. It can help shuffle a team around (with Flygon's speed) if you've got Spikes support, but Tyranitar's low speed and immediate power make it not useful.

AraShaun said:
Who are good team-mates for Celebi? Im guessing Baton-Passing CM or SD-Boosts to Dugtrio for trapping is decent, but who else works well?
Who isn't a good teammate for Celebi is probably a better question. If you run special attackers, every enjoys a Calm Mind passed to them. Physical attackers will appreciate Heal Bell to get rid of their burns, and defensive mons will love it to wake them up if they Rest. I usually find a Celebi to fit the team, rather than find a team to build around Celebi.

Celebi + Zapdos + Snorlax is great because they cover each other's weaknesses:

Snorlax resists ice and fire thanks to thick fat (and huge hp/sp.def)
Snorlax is immune to ghost
Celebi resists rock, earth, grass and fighting
Zapdos resists everything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)