ORAS OU Tornadus-T and Landorus-T (VoltTurn Team)

Hey, lady and gent welcome to Another RMT. After a leave of absence I decided to try and make a comeback since all the reason why I left got banned A.K.A. M-Lucario, Aegislash, M-Mawile, and ETC ETC. I, know what kind of team I wanted but can’t seem to get past certain teams and certain pokes. I wanted to build a team around Tornadus-T and Landorus-T. So, without further ADO here the team.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe

Timid Nature

- Hurricane

- Focus Blast

- U-turn

- Knock Off

1st up Tornadus-T, the reason I chose Tornadus-T was I just like the way he functioned and since KO got buffed it just to good not to have on any team. Hurricane for Stab, Focus Blast for Coverage, U-Turn for Scouting and Knock Off for Coverage and Knocking items off.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe

Impish Nature

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Stone Edge

- U-turn

This is the other reason I made this team. His base 145 Atk doesn't need investment, so I thought why not put intimidate to use. His EV spread allows him to tank pretty much any physical hit. Earthquake main STAB. U-turn to get some momentum when I predict a switch. Stealth Rocks uhh, because I didn't want it on ferrothorn, tyranitar, or terrakion. : D and Stone Edge because no reason.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Magnet Pull

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Flash Cannon

Magneton is a really good Choice Scarf user, and I prefer the opportunity to outspeed jolly Talonflame along with a Choice Scarf (Magnezone can't outspeed these two) and it has only a little bit lower Special Attack to trap and beat the Steel-types that sort of trouble Sharpedo. Max Speed for outspeeding the before mentioned Jolly Talonflame. Volt Switch is good to switch out of Magneton's checks and counters, and forms the VoltTurn core with Landorus-Therian and Tornadus-Therian. Thunderbolt has superior power than Volt Switch. Flash Cannon is another reliable, powerful STAB that hits Ground-types well that are immune to the former two moves. Hidden Power Fire helps Magneton fulfill its main job; trapping and beating Steel-types.

Heatran @ Air Balloon

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SpA / 244 Spe

Hasty Nature

- Lava Plume

- Earth Power

- Flash Cannon

- Roar

Now, I know what you might be thinking. Even if we are in the sixth generation, many people still use Heatran till this day. The reason why is that Heatran is bar-none of the best fire types you would consider using on a standard team. Plus, Heatran acts like a nice check to Talonflame roaming around and Sableye if carrying Will-O-Wisp, having an obvious resistance to flying and not even caring about fire attacks due to having a nice ability: Flash Fire, which makes this thing immune to Fire-types (which is fairly obvious.) Okay, now what is Heatran's niche here, other than resisting Talonflame's Priority Brave Bird, stopping Sableye using Will-O-Wisp, shutting down Drought teams (if people still run that), being an excellent check to Fairies and being an answer to take down common threats such as Scizor, Venusaur, and Ferrothorn? Lava Plume is Heatran's STAB move, OHKOing most common steel types. Earth Power acts as a covering move for Heatran, getting off enough possible damage to Tyranitar, Terrakion, and opposing Heatran’s. Another covering move is Flash Cannon, getting off enough damage to Most of the Fairy types running around ORAS. EV spread here is max speed with a timid nature to outspeed dragons and to deal with that lackluster speed of 77. Despite all these flaws that Heatran posses, it's still to be considered to be added on when building a team, and can be both an invaluable team player or a menacing adversary even if we're in the 6th Generation.

Mew @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize

EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe

Careful Nature

- Defog

- Taunt

- Will-O-Wisp

- Knock Off

Stallbreaker Mew, I love this thing, it's awkwardly fast, burns a lot of threats, and Gets rid of hazards. Defog cause of hazards. Will-o-Wisp to burn physical attackers, which also complements Fake Out and lets Bisharp set up easier. Taunt is an amazing move and is really good vs. stall and Pokémon like Ferrothorn/Breloom.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe

Bold Nature

- Hydro Pump

- Volt Switch

- Will-O-Wisp

- Pain Split

Rotom-Wash is a very common Pokémon to use in OU, but I like the way it operates in my team. Rotom is my second physical wall and it has access to Will-O-Wisp for crippling physical attackers. Volt Switch is used for an Electric stab and to dish out damage while switching, Pain Split for recovery, and Hydro Pump for Water stab bonus.

Last edited:
this team is quite weak to bisharp change rotom to sub cm keldeo since heatran and lando already beat birdspam their is really no reason to put rotom on their besides it learning a the move voltswitch it just makes you weaker to chansey and stall shit. Keldeo lets you beat mega sableye better and let you deal with bisharp. Your team is so messed up its kinda hard to rate everything on mobile heatran has 12 atk for no reason, you have barely anymons on your team that appreciates magnetons help by killing skarm and ferro. Heatran set isnt really usefull besides roaring you should just run lefties since lando already switches into eq theirs really no fucking reason to run a balloon. Your team is hella weak to mega slowbro and gets 6-0ed by it you dont have roost on mew so it can beat you 1v1 with scald. lando cant touch it tran cant touch it. you have to hit hurricane to deal damage and rotom only pivots from using voltswitch what if you run into a spdef slowbro you are pretty much fucked lol. Look at your weaknesses and change the mons to make sure you dont lose to them a suggestion is that gyara appreciates skarm and ferro gone and also sets up on mega slowbro and mega sableye js with sub dd or taunt dd what ever works hipe what i told you gave you an idea for changes again i am not giving you alot since im on mobile and its just to much to change your team loses to alot of common things at moment.

this team is quite weak to bisharp change rotom to sub cm keldeo since heatran and lando already beat birdspam their is really no reason to put rotom on their besides it learning a the move voltswitch it just makes you weaker to chansey and stall shit. Keldeo lets you beat mega sableye better and let you deal with bisharp. Your team is so messed up its kinda hard to rate everything on mobile heatran has 12 atk for no reason, you have barely anymons on your team that appreciates magnetons help by killing skarm and ferro. Heatran set isnt really usefull besides roaring you should just run lefties since lando already switches into eq theirs really no fucking reason to run a balloon. Your team is hella weak to mega slowbro and gets 6-0ed by it you dont have roost on mew so it can beat you 1v1 with scald. lando cant touch it tran cant touch it. you have to hit hurricane to deal damage and rotom only pivots from using voltswitch what if you run into a spdef slowbro you are pretty much fucked lol. Look at your weaknesses and change the mons to make sure you dont lose to them a suggestion is that gyara appreciates skarm and ferro gone and also sets up on mega slowbro and mega sableye js with sub dd or taunt dd what ever works hipe what i told you gave you an idea for changes again i am not giving you alot since im on mobile and its just to much to change your team loses to alot of common things at moment.
WTF is this chicken scratch. For 1 this isnt even a proper critique. Your 1st sentence was proper than you go on rambling over your team is weak to this and that without providing a proper solution to what to replace. Why bother even saying anything if it not helpful?

WTF is this chicken scratch. For 1 this isnt even a proper critique. Your 1st sentence was proper than you go on rambling over your team is weak to this and that without providing a proper solution to what to replace. Why bother even saying anything if it not helpful?
Grade A response to criticism. Anyone wanting this kind of response, come on down and rate this team! Valid points of input will be insulted!

aight ill go give you some sets thought i said i was on mobile so i couldnt lay sets there. I put examples of what your team is weak to and you say this is chicken scratch. Here are some things you could change on your team.
Ok first off you say mew can let you taunt stuff like breloom when you dont even run enough speed to outspeed standard jolly breloom. It can just spore you set up a sd and put in work. My bad on the criticism i was hella tired mood isnt shown in text so dont take it the wrong way. Onto the changes Im gonna try my best to keep the team the same as it is first
>
you have 2 mons that beat talonflame 1v1 you dont need the speed that magneton provides seeing as now ninja is banned you need power instead of speed since the only thing that is common to outspeed without any speed boost would be talonflame.
>
gyara appreciates skarm and ferro gone also is the best mon imo to beat mega sableye and mega slowbro with sub you can dodge wisp.
>
tran is nice to take on skarm and ferro but thats the point of magnezone on this team. You have roar for set up mons which terrak helps by going for taunt. Latias over mew you can switch into specs keld unlike mew and it puts on more offensive pressure the stallbreaker is gara so you no longer need mew besides for being bulky. Next time add a importable for people to use it makes it easier for everyone and saves them a bunch of time.
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 136 HP / 4 Atk / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt/Grass Knot
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 84 HP / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

The set on tornadus lets you ohko mega venu with hurricane after rocks and ohko no spdef ferro always. av is nice but you have honestly do nothing back you live fire blast or thunderbolt from thundurus and charizard but you dont touch them back with anything besides hurricane which you have to bank on a miss. I made lando into a scarf set to revenge kill zard x and be able to pivot faster than before since looking at your title it looks like this is a volturn team which most of the times carry offense. Latias hp lets you take hits from mons like manectric and also have a 6% chance to live shadow ball from lo gengar hope the changes help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)