Rejected - Inactive /tour addrules

Making this because a tour idea just got ruined by me adding a tour rule and forgetting to readd the rest...

Sometimes when one makes a tournament with custom rules (which can often have large ruleset), it's not that uncommon to forget a rule or two. Currently, in order to correct that mistake, you would have to redo the entire ruleset, which can be irritating to do before a tournament starts.

What I'm proposing is a /tour addrules command, which would allow someone to do add something like /tour addrules Inverse Mod, Blitz to a tournament with a ruleset of -All Pokemon, +Toxapex.

As always, thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Curious, if /tour rules no longer removes them, how would you remove rules? Just /tour rules -inverse mod to remove inverse? Would you just have to ban what you unbanned and vise versa?

Frankly, /tour rules just shouldn't overwrite previous rules. I don't see a reason for that behavior, it just seems pretty annoying.
no i'd think its the opposite
generally if you had a rule and wanted to change it you have the command saved in the chat memory
having rules add on as the primary feature would be confusing but if you just wanted to change a small thing then addrules would be nice

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I don't really like any of the alternative proposed solutions here. I personally find it much more preferable to override the previous rules altogether and not change that behavior. Having to manually remove rules would be really annoying. If we were to go this route, /tour addrules would be best I think. However, I also am not really sure where this is necessary. Most tournaments are either scripted or you just press the up arrow to fix your mistake. I guess you can add the command just because, but I don't really see it as especially helpful.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Frankly, /tour rules just shouldn't overwrite previous rules. I don't see a reason for that behavior, it just seems pretty annoying.
I think it's fine and probably desirable for /tour rules to overwrite previous rules. It works like /roomintro.

In both of them, just copy/pasting the old rules (usually just pressing Up a lot) and doing your edit makes it much easier than manually adding/removing individual rules

I wouldn't mind addrules/removerules, but I don't think it should be the default behavior.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I think the first question is: does /tour rules already display what the current rules list is, for easy copy/paste edits? If not, it should be changed to work like /roomintro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)