Metagame Trademarked

That could be quite effective, you can just lead with it and halve the health of the opposing lead.
Still, momentum is quite important here if you're not running hard stall, wallbreakers are just sick, so I don't know if it's worth it

Just a silly little gimmick, but min HP Duskull at Lvl. 1 with Pain Split effectively halves the opponents HP on switch in as long as there's no Sub; might have legs in very VERY niche situations?

I've never played this OM, looks like fun though, what's the thought on belly drum/choice band sets? Obviously haze ruins anything there but if you can lure and remove haze users then linoone could sweep with espeed, azumarill with aqua jet etc.

You're pretty much limited to coming in once, is there any viability in sets like that?
You have extremely strong hitters that don't suicide themselves when they come in.
And linoone still loses to iron defense corviknight (azumarill too if locked on aqua jet), so even with haze/topsy-turvy users down you still aren't auto-winning.
That's an high risk high reward strategy but the risk surpasses the rewards on high ladder. You are forced to play 5v6 for most of the game.

tip: if you REALLY want to run a BD sweeper, don't give it even HP. You can BD twice this way if no hazards

Here's my team that got me to 1400 (before deladdering because I kept forgetting match search active while doing other things).

It's a tailwind volt-turn hyper offense team with strong momentum.

PROS:
- destroys most offensive teams
- potent wallbreakers can break through all relevant defensive threats
- doesn't rely heavily on setup

CONS:
- huge fairy weakness (but defensive fairies are rare in the current meta, and I can revenge kill offensive ones)
- struggles against TR (expecially Hattarene)
- burn weakness and no hazard control makes it hard to break hard stall if the opponent keeps all of his mons alive in the early game. Sap sippers are a pain because they block both urshifu and zygarde.

(healing wish partially solves it but only if you manage to remove the wow user)

PLAYSTYLE:
against offensive teams: grapploct and archeops have to stay alive for the longest time possible. With tailwind on urshifu is extremely threatening
against defensive teams: focus energy hydreigon can 2HKO almost all the meta, even if it doesn't get 0HKOs it's still extremely problematic for most stall teams. Opening a hole in the early game can make most opposing team crumble in the long run.

Grapploct @ Eject Button
Ability: topsyturvy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Brutal Swing
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Problem with grapploct is that after a topsy-turvy you have a grapploct in the field, and in most situation you have to switch it out. How better would it be if you could just tank a weakened hit with grapploct and then send in your sweeper/wallbreaker that can 0HKO/2HKO the opposing team? With eject button, once per game you can do it. And did I say it negates u-turn? I seriously expect eject button to become the standard grapploct item on offense, it's just so good.

Grapploct actual moves are far less important,since it's not supposed to stay in the field at all. So I just gave it protect and min speed to better check stakataka (75bp gyro ball is far less threatening), brutal swing to threaten a gengar switchin, and sucker punch to help in endgames so it can dent something before dying.

I should consider some defensive investment instead of full attack but I fear it would make it more of a sitting duck

Archeops @ Choice Band
Ability: tailwind
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Head Smash
- U-turn
- Earthquake

tailwind support is extremely helpful against offense, since it's the only way to speed creep fast electric types.
Archeops is still a powerful sweeper with a CB, and if your opponent hasn't a corvinight or a burn user it can be hard to switch into.
Head smash is preferred over stone edge for the bigger power but its recoil is massive

Hydreigon @ Scope Lens
Ability: focusenergy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Scope lens hydreigon is an underrated sweeper, but I'd argue it's better that the nasty plot variant.
His peak power output is the same as the standard specs set, but its versatility is so great. Against stall, it isn't an hit and run anymore, but something with virtually no switchins.

The ability to fire multiple draco meteors is extremely good. It's far from the strongest attack in the game but it 2HKOes everything bar resists and blissey. I might consider running +spa instead of +spe (I'll probably do this), but naive still does 47-55% to full spd mantine

The other huge advantage over nasty plot is that hydreigon's physical moves are boosted too. Superpower 2HKOes chansey and blissey by a large margin (and likely 0HKOes blissey after a draco meteor switchin), and damages ferrothorn slightly more than dark pulse.

Last move here is iron tail because I'm weak to fairies and it can 2HKO all of them.

Sadly, knock off and trick severely cripple this hydreigon and turn the games into an haxfest. Still, usually hax favors the attacker against stall if the opponent is forced to recovery.

Against offense, it's still good but it lacks speed and the power to nab some 0HKOs. +spa could mitigate this

Jirachi @ Eject Button
Ability: thunderwave
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish

Jirachi mainly provides paralysis support. In addition to that, it's got precious resists and can assist the team with stealth rock and healing wish.
Healing wish is necessary to give a burned attacker the chance to sweep again and can be a powerful weapon against stall.
Light screen is just a desperate anti-hatterene countermeasure, and can help in some endgames. I tried reflect, iron head, and even my own trick room in that slot. Sadly, jirachi lacks better moves like heal bell or defog that I needed far more.
Eject button can give momentum, but sometimes it gets in the way.

I'm not fully satisfied on this Jirachi, I might consider to get a victini instead since it offers similar resists, but it would change my playstyle a lot and it would leave me with no rocks at all.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: bulkup
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Thunder Punch
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Urshifu-R is an underrated threat. Not only it's one of the few offensive setup sweepers that can defeat corviknight (it can even 0HKO not full def variants), but with thunder punch it can 2HKO toxapex, and surging strikes does 65%+ damage to grapploct since it's unaffected by the atk drop.
Another benefit of bulk up is defense boost. Urshifu can tank powerful physical attacks in a pinch and can switch into a +2 corviknight body press.
Aqua jet is extremely strong priority that can 0HKO all water weak offensive mons.
No close combat is controversial, I could consider getting it over u-turn because I've got nothing that can 0HKO ferrothorn and it always gets some painful knock offs.

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: dragondance
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Facade

Pretty standard set. Fast sweeper with few resists, good switchin to regieleki and immune to paralysis. Strong priority can win endgames. While not killing full health corviknight, it can sack itself to take it to low health since super effective thousand arrows does around 50% damage.
It can break toxapex but not grapploct.

Moderator edit:
3 posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, just wanted to share a few teams I built after experimenting this metagame a bit.

:landorus-therian::toxapex::gengar::corviknight::blissey::gourgeist:

Gravity Lando-T is no joke in a metagame in which Corv is by far the most popular flying type and physically defensive wall. Pex benefits from Gravity as it makes other flying types, such as opposing Lando, affected by its Toxic Spikes, allowing our third team member to perform at best : Scarf Gengar is an absolute threat when most of the opposing team is poisoned, almost outspeeding the whole metagame, including some Tailwind trademarks, while still KOing slower mons with boosted Hex. CorvBliss is your regular defensive core, bringing welcomed hazards removal and Heal Bell trademark to the team ; TrickVest Gourgeist-Super acts as a check to most ground types, even under the effects of Gravity, and shuts down hazards removers, both Defog and Rapid Spin users, for Pex to have an easier time spreading poison. It can even deal with annoying Heal Bell trademarks!

:zeraora::mew::corviknight::blissey::milotic::rhyperior:

Charge Zeraora is quite a fun mon to play with. Most ground types of the metagame don't dispose of reliable recovery, and are put on a timer as soon as their leftovers are knocked off. And when the opposing ground type dies, Zera goes savage. As the latter fucking hates Trick Room, Curse min speed Rhyp was my next choice. I then added Milotic as a bulky water and Haze trademark that doesn't get crushed by ground types, and brings slow pivoting to the team thanks to Flip Turn, allowing Zera to come in and force progress more often. Then goes a BlissCorv core, which I definitely can't build without, as a sturdy defensive backbone, and a TrickVest Mew in order to deal with walls as well as bringing Rocks support and a much needed fighting resist. Before I forget, Blissey is Calm natured in both builds to help against Nasty Plot trademarks.

I might come back with new teams later, hope you enjoy these ones!

Last edited:
This is my current trademark team https://pokepast.es/a7052596a8597db7.
I tried to use trademarks that are underused or are in the useless moves section.
Also, hot take, I hate choice items. This is why I only have 1 in azelf.
Anyway, my urshifu-rs is supposed to be a sweeper. He also has drain punch for recovery.
Zapdos-Galar is my speed control and very annoying to iron corv cause thunder kick drops defense.
Grappaloct is my topsy-turvy user. Eject button because grappaloct is bad
My buzzwole is a situational sweeper. If buzzwole kills with fell stinger he becomes a 1052 attack monster. Lunge for being annoying and bug stab
High Horsepower for a toxapex killer
Azelf is a gimmick at best. If azelf gets off a good move with metronome, it could change the battle. I gave it a choice scarf because azelf is pretty slow compared to the ou meta.
Tyranitar is my psychic counter because I have 3 fighting types. Also, the hone claws trademark is for stone edge to hit consistently.
My EVs are there for a reason.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Had some pretty good success recently, wanted to take this one further but I've lost both games today due to separate shitty internet connection issues, which has killed my drive to bring JCPennyOfficial into the top 100. I think this team is pretty solid overall, most of my losses were usually a result of misplays or unlucky turns.

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: perishsong
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Protect
- Flip Turn
- Moonblast

I wanted to build a mon around Perish Song, and Primarina caught my eye because of it's good defensive profile and access to Flip Turn. Plus, the other Song users had better things they could do. This doesn't really work as intended, but I found it to be great at forcing the opponent out and regaining momentum with Flip Turn. It's also overpowered late-game. Still the least significant member of the team.

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: willowisp
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scorching Sands
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- U-turn

Wisp IMO is among the best Trademarks in the meta and Moltres has so many positives it brings alongside, perhaps most important being Roost and U-Turn. Very good mon, recommend playing with it.

Starmie @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: recover
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

I was surprised at how good this is, Recover lets it keep itself healthy and also means you can run three Attacks + Spin without getting worn out too quickly. Getting this in safely can be a pain but its a solid Spinner that will find a lot of entry points from pivots and Burned opponents.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: swordsdance
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

I wish this was faster than Chomp, but it gets the job done. Hits hard and provides Knock Off and U-Turn support, plus Electric immunity.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Knock Off

ferrothorn

Clefable @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

I think Unaware Clef is extremely good in this metagame, a lot of sweepers can struggle to hit it hard and it's a great wincon. Sweeper Spam can struggle to play around it like they can versus Hazers. Aromatherapy so I don't lose to opposing status teams; I think having a separate cleric trademarker is better but I couldn't figure out how to implement one on this team. HDB because hazards suck and it can feign MG.

I will spend the rest of work free-time today crafting my ultimate alt name and maybe make another good team while I'm at it.

Have you considered a Genesect unban? It hasn't any way to boost its spa bar download.

Its trademark options are neither bad nor great too. It can either go for full shift gear (having the power of a normal download genesect on physical moves but double the speed), or for some zap cannon gymmicks.

Given the crazy stuff that runs wild in this meta, it really doesn't feel like a menacing threat, but still could see some usage as a fast physical attacker with surprise lure moves or as a paralysis spreader.

Speaking of other ubers that for me should be unbanned:

Landorus-I should renounce to sheer force for a trademark, and without it is only a weaker but faster landorus-T. It will be a good mon, arguably better than its therian form, but +10 spe isn't something that makes current landorus-T sets broken.

Spectrier without grim neigh is just a slightly better Gengar. It can run a faster and more powerful nasty plot set, but with worse coverage. It doesn't get other unique trademarked moves that Gengar hasn't.
I actually controlled, and spectrier is banned of showdown but not in the banlist at page 1 of this thread.

Ubers that could be interesting to unban but are potentially problematic:

Zygarde-50% has some unban potential. As an user of Zygarde 10%, I feel that a bulkier, slower and slightly less powerful version of it, while really good, would not be broken, at least as a dragon dance user. However, I've got doubts about coil variants getting too many easy switchins against offense.

Crazy as it seems, Darmanitan-G could deserve a test too, since it really hasn't better trademarked options than gorilla tactics. Stall teams could probably play around it with protect since they already run it everywhere. Still, It wouldn't be much fun to introduce here a pokemon that would run its natural ability most of the times.

Magearna gets strong trademarked options in calm mind, shift gear, trick room. It annihilaes grapploct with a -1 fleur cannon and could easily be the best fairy in the tier. But what concerns me is a speed swap set with something like 100 spe that could stop both normal and TR offensive sweeps with absolute ease.

And about non cover legendary ubers that for me shouldn't be unbanned:

Urshifu-S with bulk up wicked blow would be too good for the current meta. While getting a worse grapploct matchup than Urshifu-R, it destroys water type haze users and grass type sap sippers, that are the only obstacles for his weaker brother. Dark is such a spammable type for an auto-crit move in this meta, expecially considering the rarity of fairies.

Marshadow can eat over boosting walls with spectral thief and can even steal their defensive boosts. A band bulk up mon with no pokemon resisting its STABs, and the ability to kill iron defense/cotton guard users just seems too much.

Pheromosa has access to laser focus and has basically a free kill if you don't outspeed or run protect (just as Victini). Only problem is that it's faster and has STAB u-turn

Naganadel has lots of good trademarks (spikes, tspikes, tailwind, nasty plot, laser focus) , and would probably restrict teambuilding too much with its power and speed.

Last edited:
Heya, all. The council has decided to ban Victini and restrict Trick / Switcheroo from Trademarked.

:ss/victini:

Victini proved to be a major issue for defensive cores to handle, as with a Laser Focus trademark, practically no viable Pokemon could avoid taking over 50% from a Choice Band critical hit V-create. This, combined with its immunity to Will-O-Wisp, ability to hit most Fire resists super effectively with Bolt Strike, access to both U-turn and Trick, crippling long term switchins, and the freedom to run any tech on the final slot if any switchin got too cosy, made Victini an insanely unhealthy Pokemon to keep around, even looking over its other techs like Sunny Day and Trick Room that could further support its team whilst also providing the support as a catch-all nuke.

Trick

Trick is being restricted for a similar reason of being insanely potent as a means to cripple cores. Due to how Trademarks work, players were capable of tricking items like Assault Vest and Lagging Tail to an opponent instantly, either completely removing any offensive or defensive momentum a Pokemon could muster. As such, this dynamic made the metagame more matchup reliant as a result and demanded that multiple breakers be used in tandem in order to get around the issues of a Trick lock. Additionally, it also made defensive cores completely unreliable, as certain Pokemon like Blissey suddenly became unable to recover at all, removing most of the defensive rigidity they provided. Switcheroo is a clone of this move, and therefore it is banned under the same reasoning.

As such, Victini is being banned and Trick / Switcheroo are being restricted as trademarks as of today. Tagging Kris to implement.

Last edited:
Spectrier without grim neigh is just a slightly better Gengar. It can run a faster and more powerful nasty plot set, but with worse coverage. It doesn't get other unique trademarked moves that Gengar hasn't.
I actually controlled, and spectrier is banned of showdown but not in the banlist at page 1 of this thread.
Spectrier was recently banned.
Spectrier is a terrifying mon to face in standard play, and it is much more threatening here in Trademarked. Much like the already banned Dragapult, it is able to utilize a Will-O-Wisp trademark to cripple opponents and safely rack up more status on the opponents side for spamming Hex. Alternatively, it can use a Nasty Plot trademark to threaten immediate damage. Between its 130 Spe, 145 SpA, and the fantastic coverage of Ghost STAB, Spectrier has few reliable switch ins. Even Blissey can be thwarted by Sub + Nasty Plot variants. In short, Spectrier is too much for the metagame to handle, and it is subsequently banned!
As for the rest of the potential unbans,
Zygarde 50% being unbanned sounds… not fun. Ground types that can hit Flying types are pretty good, especially with band (see Gravity Landorus and Band DDance Zyg 10%). The difference between the two Zygardes is that 10% can pretty easily run an adamant nature, and 50% is harder to revenge kill. Slightly less speed, much more bulk.

Darm can just run bands twice and there are not many ice resists. Best one for defensively checking Galarian Darmanitan is Toxapex, who doesn’t typically run Regenerator anymore. It’s much more vulnerable to chip from Rocks and Spikes now.

Magearna might just run Shift Gear as a trademark and have Calm Mind, Stored Power, Draining Kiss, and Aura Sphere. I doubt that it would be that good against defensive or balance teams. Which is basically everything. Or what I think is more likely, Thunder Wave trademark and Volt Switching out. It could alternatively run Heart Soul and be easy Pex territory.

Unbanning Magearna sounds unimpactful. Unbanning Zyg 50% is iffy at best. Unbanning G-Darm sounds bad don’t do it please no I don’t like it.

figured I'd share a team thats going well, im just about top 100, could go higher if i could get more than one game every 30 minutes...

Grapploct @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Taunt
- Liquidation/ rest/ pain split

obvious staple with topsy turvy. I run liquidation since i have a rain setter but really rest is probably the better option given that topsy turvy works while hes asleep and i have slurpuff with aromatherapy. Pain split is also an option there for some kind of recovery

Slurpuff @ Leftovers
Ability: cottonguard
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Yawn
- Dazzling Gleam

Its just so fat. hard counter to golisopod, regigigas, pretty much any physical attacker (except urshifu), eats knock off without worry, there are no moves i wish it had beyond these except maybe moonblast. wish is key for passing to zapdos or urshifu if they've taken a hit- urshifu especially with rocky helmet floating around.

Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Ability: raindance
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Weather Ball

OHKO's almost any unboosted pokemon. Worried about Landorus-T switching into thunder?
252 SpA Choice Specs Zapdos Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 315-372 (98.7 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
whens the last time you saw a spdef toxapex? Doesnt matter anyway cause:
252 SpA Choice Specs Zapdos Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Amnesia hippowdon trying to spoil the party?
252 SpA Choice Specs Zapdos Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. +2 252 HP / 248+ SpD Hippowdon in Rain: 214-252 (50.9 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Timid nature outspeeds some relevant things like urshifu, landorus, it doesnt seem to need the extra power from modest. Can eat burns, paralysis, will take a hit if needed and sets up rain for this next one. easily MVP

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Ability: bulkup
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

Spam surging strikes unless you desperately need priority late game, or scout a lead with uturn. combined with rain and the crit mechanic you really blast through a lot of defensive pokemon. I'll admit transform mew can deal a lot back to this team if they copy urshifu.

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- U-turn

originally trick with lagging tail, since the ban ive been running thunder wave with almost more success, it allows zapdos to outspeed the entire metagame, really useful in stopping a rouge sweeper in a pinch, even if you have to sack mew. If it can survive a hit, thunderwave also means mew will outspeed on the next turn to hit a knock off or get off a defog.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: amnesia
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Rock Tomb

like slurpuff, this thing is just really fat. stealth rock is handy because of how prevalent switching is in this metagame. rock tomb over stone edge because accuracy and this is never in to deal damage anyway, just to force out special attackers.

Instead of using Haze we should use this.
Regigigas @ Choice Band
Ability: Psych Up
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Drain Punch
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
The problem with using Psych Up instead of Haze is that it does not remove their boosts - it only lets you copy them. Have fun switching a Psych Up trademark user into a Shell Smasher and watching it get pummelled more than twice as hard as the Haze trademark user (or the Power Swap trademark user, for that matter) because it copied their -1 defensive stat "boost" and didn't wipe out their +2 offensive stat boost. Switching into a Nasty Plot or Dragon Dance user is a similar story.

Speaking of Power Swap, I'd rather use it as a trademark than Psych Up because at least it outright steals opposing offensive stat boosts (at least for our purposes).

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I banned (on the advice of Kris) the ability Trace and the move Recycle from this format because it was causing never-ending turns. If format leaders would prefer an alternative solution to this problem, feel free to reach out to tech staff.

edit: turns out it was Recycle too, banned that

Last edited:
445.png094.png598.png242.png350.png823.png

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Swords Dance
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: nastyplot
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Hex
- Trick

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Knock Off

Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: healbell
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport

Milotic @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Haze
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Flip Turn
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: irondefense
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Attachments

I banned (on the advice of Kris) the ability Trace and the move Recycle from this format because it was causing never-ending turns. If format leaders would prefer an alternative solution to this problem, feel free to reach out to tech staff.

edit: turns out it was Recycle too, banned that
Welp.
That sucks.
I was really proud of my Mew set-

Everything (Mew) @ Eject Pack
Ability: recycle
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Leaf Storm
- Future Sight / Scale Shot / whatever (it's a Mew)

Pretty self explanatory- more powerful U-turns.
But still it was a very fun set.

I've been enjoying using a Trick Room team in this meta.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: aromatherapy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Trick Room

Slowbro-Galar @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Shell Side Arm
- Trick Room

Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: bellydrum
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Body Slam
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Yawn

Exeggutor-Alola @ Room Service
Ability: trickroom
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Teleport
- Draco Meteor
- Energy Ball
- Knock Off

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: haze
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Night Shade
- Stealth Rock
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp

Sandslash @ Choice Band
Ability: curse
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

The highlights of this team are Galarian Corsola — I don't use its moves all that often, but Haze is great as utility — and Galarian Slowbro, which doesn't have a trademark, but knows Flamethrower to take down unsuspecting Ferrothorns. Sandslash doesn't get much time to shine, unfortunately, but I don't know what to replace it with. Also, I'm wondering if Belly Drum is too overpowered, but I'm no expert on making bans.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Well, the month is over
I made it to #1 on the ladder again, though I had to make changes to the team from the last time mainly because Trick got banned so I had to find another way to deal with Defoggers and here it is:

Mew @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: imprison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Most Defoggers are Flying-types with Roost as their own form of recovery. So this set can shut down the common ones like Corviknight, Skarmory, Mandibuzz, and Zapdos. Knock Off and U-Turn also seal two very common moves that Mew is weak against. Knock Off removes Leftovers and Heavy-Duty Boots to wear the opponent down even faster with hazards.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: taunt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Foul Play

With Mew going for Imprison, Mandibuzz is now my Taunt user and also resists the Dark and Ghost moves that it's weak against.

Between these two, walls get shut down hard but I have a third change to deal with Sweepers.

Grapploct @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Careful Nature
- Octolock
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Rest

Even though I already have Toxapex, sometimes you need additional support if the opposing team is heavily offensive. Topsy-Turvy reverses stat-boosts and can cause them to switch, making them take even more entry hazard damage. Grapploct can also deal with Toxapex really well, trapping it with Octolock, then setting up and Resting off any poison/burns before OHKOing it with Drain Punch. Obviously this set can't deal with Ghosts, but I already have Mandibuzz.

The rest of my team (Skarmory, Blissey, Toxapex) is pretty much the same. Though I also gave Pex the Boots. It's a very important item in case the opponent also tries hazard stacking or has Court Change Cinderace.

Here's an example of the team in action

:sm/Kangaskhan:
:Heatran::Corsola-Galar::Toxapex::Celesteela::Landorus-Therian:
Fakeout Spam: https://pokepast.es/15640f3a24e71406

The basic idea of this team is to freely switch into Kangaskhan with heavy duty boots combined with endure and use Fake out to rack up chip damage.
Heatran is there for trapping. Toxapex is to help prevent your mons from getting statused with Safeguard. Knock off helps to remove rocky helmet which could ruin the strategy. It also allows you to set up t-spikes. Celesteela helps provide chip damage and healing with leech seed. I believe super power was there to help against the pink blobs. Corsola is your rapid spin immunity, but it also works well as a wall. Lando provides another knock off user as well as some power.
:sm/Marowak:
:Dusclops::Golisopod::Regice::Landorus-Therian::Blissey:
Gravity Troom: https://pokepast.es/5c90bb075688b9c3

Have not tested this against a human, but auto trick room and auto gravity seem pretty useful. Gravity enables the use of low accuracy moves like zap cannon and sing. Ground types also benefit from this as they no longer have to worry about flying types. Rest is a decent recovery option thanks to aromatherapy and because you may only need to switch pokemon in to set up hazards or field effects. Golisopod acts as your ground resist as well as a spiker.

Example of teams in action (but I played against myself): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen8trademarked-1504100
:sm/Cresselia:
:Moltres::Tapu Bulu::Regirock::Entei::Blacephalon:
Bulky Sun Offense: https://pokepast.es/f15737dc53947763
Basic idea of this team is to use sun to boost the power of fire types and to heal with Morning Sun, Moonlight, and Synthesis.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)