SM OU Triple Regenerator Latios Balance

Triple Regenerator M-Latios Balance

I've had this team for about 2? months when I was looking to build towards balance rather than Semi-Stall. The mindset was to have a hazard resistant fat balance team possessing strong passive healing thereby enabling turns to be spent towards advancing the game-state rather than constantly and consciously needing to manage recovery. This is a hybrid of the first Balance team I ever built whiled tutored under Double Switches (Tornadus -M-Latios Core) and an old Torn-Stall I made 3-4 months ago (shown below). Despite its usefulness throughout my Blunder Tour run, it was never construed under an ultra-serious mindset, and therefore I'm now looking to optimize its competitive weight.

Very Haxy Game vs LL https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-395714

Tornadus-Therian
@ Fightinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Defog

The EV spread is for out-speeding everything up to scarf Magnezone. Additonal Speed EVS nets no out-speeds except for speed tieing other Tornadus-T at max investment. As I was looking to have pseudo bulk on Tornadus I've opted to use this spread up to this point.

I know people are skeptical of Air-Slash, but I honestly believe it to be a great move for Torn, and on this team in particular, as damage consistency and flinch chances are more cohesive to the move-sets and needs of the rest of the team (more on that later).

Z-Focus blast is the lure set I chose for Tyranitar and to lesser extents Heatran and Ferrothorn. Tyranitar presents an enormous threat to the team structure -- therefore the opportunity to remove it immediately is welcomed. Z-Item Torn additionally supports the team through emergency burst damage and sponging knock-off spam from weak mons.

Taunt/Defog combo torn is amazing for hazard management and otherwise harassing opposing fat. It's annoying to defog spam vs ferrothorn, clef and Lando, especially if Torn is accruing passive damage alongside fighting off hazards. Taunt & Defog on the same set handles all mentioned issues and more.

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor

Mega Latios was chosen for its immediate offensive pressure paired alongside its typing & ability that supports balance builds overall. While his sister Latias is more commonly known as the CM sweeper of the pair, Latios-M's ability to setup faster and immediately wall-break shouldn't be taken for granted either. This Latios doesn't have EQ as I prefer to take advantage of scaring out Heatran as an opportunity to setup or Draco instead.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Clef is the mid-late game sweeper of the team, its setup priority and timing dependant on the game-state and the opponent's team structure. It serves as the tertiary physical wall of the team when Tangrowth and Slowbro are overly pressured past the comforts of regenerator + active healing.

Slowbro (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Thunder-Wave is non negotiable on Slowbro, as without it, the team is much less effective overall and will struggle to execute its win-cons as efficiently. Twave Slowbro is the key to weary opposing fat-teams, as paralysis on top of knock-off (tang), air-slash (torn), taunt (torn and tran) and CM sweeping are the cohesive tools this team uses to mow down offense and opposing fat balance.

EQ is to super effectively damage ice-beam resistant physical attackers. It's other major use is for Heatran, which Slowbro naturally resists. Ice Beam is self explanatory, though with Zygarde 50% now in Ubers it may be prudent to choose a different move instead.

Slowbro scares out a lot of mons -- don't be shy to spam Twave on predicted switchins. Fat mons like to abuse Slowbro's passivity to do their thing (clef, reuniclus) - this is where Twave Slowbro can take them by surprise by crippling their active agency over the long term.

RH is to punish u-turn momentum or other contact based attacks.

Tangrowth (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

Pretty self-explanatory special attack sponge. Knock-off should be used liberally especially on predicted switch-ins. Chansey is the priority mon to knock-off, as with its item removed, Clef can comfortably maul Chansey's HP when near maxed setup intervals.

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

The complimentary special sponge pair to AV Tgrowth. I opted for the SpD trap set to harass and remove threats in the likes of Toxapex, Chansey and Clefable. The role compression provides a means to eliminate opposing defoggers as well.

Threat list:
Tyranitar: By far the biggest threat to the entire team
Hoopa-U: Same as above, but much worse actually lol.
M-Zam: Alakazam is a major nuisance to the team. Don't take for granted tho that setup Latios can take advantage and counter Mega-Zam
Greninja: protean-gren is an excellent balance breaker
Kyurem-B: no real reliable switchins or play here other than to Z Fight it
Specs Lele

Tornadus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Defog

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Slowbro (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Tangrowth (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
You have a very interesting underlying concept behind your build, giving yourself an inherent ability to gain leverage in drawn out games thanks to stacking Regenerator Pokemon. However, I find your team to be inherently flawed given your current set-up and movesets.

Before I get into prospective changes, I want to identify what I find to be the biggest threats to this team in order to decide what changes that are made should be centered around covering. The following Pokemon seem quite problematic to your build:
  • Tapu Lele: Both Choice Specs and Calm Mind Z variants are ridiculously challenging for your team. Your only faster Pokemon are Mega Latios, which currently has a suboptimal moveset that cannot even 3HKO it, and Tornadus-Therian, which also has a suboptimal moveset that cannot even 2HKO it.
  • Magearna: The increasingly common Shift Gear + Calm Mind + Focus Blast + Z-Fleur Cannon Magearna seems like a real nuisance to play against if it gets a turn or two correct. You are running a bizarre combination of moves on Tangrowth, rendering it incapable of doing significant damage against Magearna, especially after a Calm Mind, so that leads to even more trouble as you could at least force a Z and try to time things or bait a Fleur if you had Earthquake to pressure it and 2HKO it after a couple rounds of Stealth Rock or really any prior chip.
  • Tornadus-Therian: While this is less of a consistent threat, if it is a Knock Off + Taunt variant, which is increasingly common, then you are going to be in for a long game where you are constantly on your toes. What happens is that it Knocks Heatran early and then you have nothing to outrun it because your current Tornadus-Therian is not max Speed for some reason. I am noticing a pattern here: your team lacks the sufficient dedicated defensive presences to cover the necessary faster offensive threats consistently, yet it lacks the consistent speed control measures to outrun and revenge kill them. This is a pretty consistent pitfall of all slower-paced balance teams such as this one. Regardless, pivoting back to the Tornadus-Therian issue, it is a long-term headache to you if it's packing an appropriate moveset, especially if it's SAtk invested and accurate.
  • Mega Alakazam: While it is slightly manageable with timely pivoting and Tangrowth, the fact that it can easily Trace Regenerator against half of your team while also 2HKOing everything besides Tangrowth makes it ridiculously threatening considering the fact that you really are going to struggle to kill it once it gets in safely and begins to Trace Regenerator. Your best bet is to trade most of Slowbro's health for a Thunder Wave, which will make it for more manageable, but even then it's a risky proposition that can get out of hand due to it still outrunning half of your team and not being threatening by your Heatran while not being 2HKO'd by your Air Slash Tornadus-Therian that it can now just Regenerate off.
  • Volcarona: Well, if it's HP Ground, then you pretty much lose the game if it does not miss a Fire Blast or two on Clefable assuming it's not Z-Fire. Not much you can do about this one unless the opponent times it poorly or you do not click Tangrowth all game, pretty much.
  • Mega Diancie: While you do have checks to this, especially if it is earlier in the game and you remain generally unpressured, the fact that it can comfortably set-up Stealth Rock and make quick work of your only form of removal does strike me as an issue in longer games. Perhaps a timely Z-Focus Blast can make quick work of it after some initial chip, sure. If that happens, then the game gets significantly easier. If not, then you're going to be playing with the premise of your team significantly compromised due to Stealth Rock's consistent presence combined with the long-term pressure of Mega Diancie in itself.
  • Kyurem-Black: If it's LO, then you're just going to be in for a bad time. If it's Z, then you should be able to handle it easily enough.
I'll stop here as beyond A- rank, most Pokemon are a bit more niche or at least not consistently seen. Things like Hoopa-Unbound are obviously annoying, too, as you outline in the OP, but at least it is used sporadically and once you figure out the set, you can figure out some line of semi-stable counterplay. Regardless of this, the above list is pretty numerous and concerning, in my opinion. I will thus provide two different ratings. The first will be a minimalist one, consisting of an assortment of quick fixes that can make your team at least stand a greater chance against the aforementioned threats. The second will be more of an overarching analysis as to if I feel this can be salvaged into a consistent team without defacing it or not; and if so, how exactly this can be done.

As for the former, the quick fixes would be as followed:
  • Making your Tornadus-Therian max Speed and giving it Hurricane over Air Slash. Your description of Air Slash strikes me as remarkably unpersuasive and you are not even mentioning the potential pros of the extra damage output of Hurricane. Just going through the list of things that I mentioned above, Hurricane is vital for extra damage output against Tapu Lele, Mega Alakazam, and even opposing Tornadus-Therian (especially if you are slower, as you currently are). This is not to mention that Air Slash flinches are rarely going to come into play given that your damage output is low and normal counterplay to Tornadus-Therian is quite sturdy and you lack Knock Off on your Tornadus-Therian, meaning they are also going to likely be getting recovery each turn to negate the already minimal damage output. As for the maxing out of the Speed, you described your current spread as having "pseudo bulk" and I quite honestly have no clue as to what that means, but seeing as your long-term Tornadus-Therian match-up is troublesome, I quite like the prospect of just going with maximum Speed here, even if it may seem "lazy" or unappealing to you.
  • Making Mega Latios Calm Mind + Earthquake + Psychic + Recover. Your current set really does not make sense given that Thunder Wave from Slowbro + Clefable covers Reuniclus if you play wisely as is and that's really the only big thing that Draco Meteor on Calm Mind Latios will be absolutely necessary for. Given your vulnerability to Shift Gear Magearna, long-term offensive Heatran (especially if it is packing Toxic seeing as your Tangrowth currently lacks Earthquake), and Tapu Lele, having Earthquake seems pretty much necessary to me. Mono-Psychic on the Special side may seem a bit weird with Calm Mind, but Earthquake is doing big, consistent damage to Tyranitar and Greninja while Psychic remains spammable vs the rest of the non-Steel metagame and Draco Meteor was not helping against those Pokemon anyway given their resistance (or Magearna's immunity) whereas Earthquake hit all of them not named Celesteela or Mega Scizor. If you absolutely feel the need for Draco Meteor, just drop Calm Mind. You really NEED Earthquake on this team.
  • Consider making Tangrowth Earthquake over Sludge Bomb or Hidden Power [Fire] if you elect to keep your Mega Latios set as it currently stands. You probably should consider it regardless as neither of those two moves are absolutely necessary, but I must admit that both do have nice situational utility and convenience even if you have other avenues of counterplay for those Pokemon that Sludge Bomb or HP Fire connect for 4x damage against (Tornadus-Therian and Mega Latios for Tapu Bulu, Heatran and Tornadus-Therian for Ferrothorn, and Heatran for Mega Scizor). Earthquake is just too important here for opposing Shift Gear Magearna and Heatran, I feel.
  • Fit Scald on your Slowbro. Really, it's one of the best moves in the game and a timely burn will do your team a lot of favors in the long-term. Ice Beam is nowhere near a necessity with Zygarde being banned and even beforehand you did have Tangrowth (although you lacked HP Ice, so I understand why you were packing it to an extent). Earthquake seems silly and the damage output is nowhere near worthwhile, especially with Scald to threaten Heatran, Mega Mawile, Tyranitar, etc. Consider going dual status, fitting another coverage move, or trying out some fun tech in the last slot beyond Scald + Thunder Wave + Slack off, in my opinion.
As for the latter, the overall feel on the team itself:
  • I think that teams like this are going to always be plagued with lapses in counterplay to noteworthy threats. A general rule of thumb when it comes yo Pokemon is that you need to either have defensive counterplay, being in the form of hard counters or multiple defensive checks, or offensive counterplay, being in the form of revenge killers generally, in order to match-up sufficiently against opposing offensive presences. Your team lacks any form of revenge killing whereas you also lack the defensive, stall-like backbone to cover everything defensively as this team is currently trying to fit-in as some form of pseudo balance.
  • Moreover, I feel that the concept of stacking Regeneators is a fundamentally sound and practically applicable one, but I think that you should abuse their long-lasting nature to combine them with a greater offensive backbone or take the aforementioned stall route and just ditch the offensive approach for a more dedicated bulkier approach.
  • The former would entail ditching the Clefable oriented win-path and focusing on integrating an offensive presence of your liking and then restructuring accordingly.
  • The latter would entail probably adding a Chansey, ditching at least Mega Latios and Tornadus-Therian, and working multiple methods of hazard removal on to your team (perhaps Mega Sableye, Zapdos, and/or Mew, for example). This would likely end up also only having two Regenerator users although perhaps you are up to the challenge of fitting three on stall, who knows.
  • At the end of the day, this is a cool concept, but I cannot help but feel the execution is flawed and that you can build off of this to have a more complete and consistent final structure.

You have a very interesting underlying concept behind your build, giving yourself an inherent ability to gain leverage in drawn out games thanks to stacking Regenerator Pokemon. However, I find your team to be inherently flawed given your current set-up and move-sets.

• Moreover, I feel that the concept of stacking Regenerators is a fundamentally sound and practically applicable one, but I think that you should abuse their long-lasting nature to combine them with a greater offensive backbone or take the aforementioned stall route and just ditch the offensive approach for a more dedicated bulkier approach.
  • The former would entail ditching the Clefable oriented win-path and focusing on integrating an offensive presence of your liking and then restructuring accordingly.
  • At the end of the day, this is a cool concept, but I cannot help but feel the execution is flawed and that you can build off of this to have a more complete and consistent final structure.
Hi! Thank you for this rate especially in the context of when it was posted given that you had several priority projects that needed finishing. I experimented through a variety of different combinations to see the path most effective for this team. Future versions of this team adopted an offense inclined mindset over a defensive, "stall" path; I can brainlessly build stall all day, but that wouldn't make for a well-rounded player.

I sequentially crafted two adjusted versions of the team following your post; what I read into your post overall was that beyond the bad sets that needed fixing, the team itself needed to abuse triple regeneration to push forward a committed defensive or offensive win-con path, instead of pushing something awkwardly in the middle for the vain objective of mimicking Balance.

One thing I should be clear about is that I'm very intuition and abstract inclined: this reflects in the building patterns for all of my teams which also explains why success with them is either high highs or REALLY low lows. I enjoy building fat because then I don't have to account for speed tiers except for specific threats to my team. IE: I feel freedom to synthesize and stack tangential concepts together when I'm unconstricted from chasing speed tiers or searching to fill classic BO team roles.

With that out of the way, it should be easier to grasp how I describe the building paths I undertook for future versions of the team.

Primal Build:

Secondary Build:

Changes at a glance:
+
Tornadus set & spread adjusted
+ Latios set & spread adjusted
+ Tangrowth set optimized
+ Slowbro set optimized
- Lefties Trap Heatran > Band Weavile
- Lefties Dual Dance Clef > Chansey

Adjusted MU dynamics:

= Psyspam MU improved through Chansey and Weavile checking Alakazam and Tapu-Lele, respectively.
= Mega-Diancie hard-walled via Chansey, but fails to discourage Diancie's hazard setting. Tornadus' offensive pressure against it is instead traded to Weavile, which leads to an identical awkward position if Diancie is not softened first.
= Hoopa MU improved via u-turn Tornadus and Band Weavile
= Kyurem-B MU improved via Chansey or Band Weavile 2hko'ing it
= Magearna MU adjusted through Chansey. Can't really say for sure how its affected exactly since that's so dependent on the opponent's Magearna set itself.
= Fly-Z improved offensive agency versus miscellaneous bulky offensive threats
~ WEAKNED Tyranitar MU

I played the original version of the team with the suggested quick fixes applied to it. It changed everything. Fast hurricane really did help in the long run over slow air-slash, especially against Lele as you pointed out it would. Dual earthquake changed a lot of troublesome matchups, especially Tyranitar and Magearna.

After playing through the new changes for a while I experimented with turning the grounded regenerators into screen spammers, which led to interesting results...

After fucking around with that for a little while I thought about how best to reconstruct the team's offensive purpose & end-goals, which led us to version 2.

Your original critique hit on the lack of commitment the team had towards offense or defense - not decidedly pushing the advantage of regeneration towards either win-path. I thought to myself, " instead of pushing it towards one direction or the other, why not just increase the team's power in both directions?"

And that is how we ended up with Weavile + Chansey in this version. The idea spawned from classic gen 6 ABR stall, which counts on weavile to snipe anti-stall threats, threats that this team shares a similar frustration with. Weavile supplanted Clefable as the team's grounded offense threat, while Chansey supplanted Heatran for the defensive fill of the team. I thought about keeping Heatran alongside Weavile, but felt that the combination was too hazard frail and not well supported by the regenerative trio of the team.

In theory, Weavile was to improve specific MUs while at the same time pushing immediate offensive pressure, while Chansey would improve the team's bulk more-so than Heatran could've. I felt it a fair one-for-one change to keep the ratio of self-healing the same while powering up both the offensive and defensive flexion of the team. Weavile also compressed revenge killing which as you aptly pointed out was a missing element from the team.

Tornadus was adjusted to a fly-z set for offensive agency, while u-turn was added for helpful regenerative pivoting and bringing in Weavile safely.

Slowbro's set was optimized to better combat pivot or setup-based physical attackers.

The team had mixed results: the loss of fire coverage on Heatran was frustrating for the team which now relied on an ice-type to wallbreak. Chansey's addition to the team improved the team's longevity, but introduced new vulnerabilities that weren't struggles in the original team build.

As a whole the new team looked interesting at team-preview, but now resembled ABR stall except now with a Tornadus and Latios.

Here's some replays of me using this with various changes, fsr I can't find any of me using the slowbro version:

Hyper Offense: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-845095082
Bulky Offense (losing because of changing chansey into clef smh): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-844715055

If I decide to use this version I think I might add flamethrower to slowbro. If I'm being honest tho it's been so long that I've used this version that I don't have as much to describe as I should have.

Tertiary Build:

Changes at a glance:
+ Tornadus set once again adjusted
+ Re-introduced Heatran has an improved and unique SpD spread and set
+ Newly introduced Hoopa-U has a spread to take advantage of alakazam
- Helmet Slowbro >Helmet Alomomola
- Band Weavile > Band Hoopa-U
-
Chansey > SpD Heatran
- Mega Latios > Scarf Landorus

Adjusted MU dynamics:

= Stall MU remarkably improved
= Balance Mirror improved
= Psyspam MU requires more pivoting and prediction than before
~ weakened electric spam MU
~ weakened medicham and zard-y MU
~ weakened MU vs physical setup
? ambiguous Protean Greninja MU
? ambigous Charizard MU (Pre-Evo)
? volt-turn spam MU needs improvement, though I have new interesting techs to help with this.
? Heatran?

This is the most promising version so far IMO.

My thought process moving into the tertiary build was to push the offensive and healing aspects of the team harder. Weavile was fun to use but was extremely brittle and prediction reliant. Have only one u-turner for it felt like a weak means to bring Weavile in (even though on ABR Stall there's literally no tricksy pivot available other than using your 200 IQ brain
). Moving forward into the offensive aspect of the team, I needed the breaker to possess greater longevity and native bulk, both traits Weavile lacked. I needed it to hit harder and take harder hits, that's when Hoopa Unbound came to mind. Hoopa-U is one of the mons players react to with "why did they have to bring THAT mon of all things?"

It hits hard and is difficult to switch into; it just seemed like an appropriate fit for a team focused on racking up passive recovery to push forward a win-con objective. I considered making Hoopa specs instead so that its effectiveness wouldn't be hindered by burns, but ultimately decided against it.

Hoopa's 32 SpD turns it into a 3HKO from timid Zam's focus blast. I took the EVs out of speed since it was an adamant Hoopa anyways.

I re-introduced Heatran back to the team as a steel-type check (also because I love using it). A complimentary pick to AV Tangrowth and Band Hoopa.

The loss of Weavile also included the loss of revenge killing. The team also needed another soft-check to physical attackers (mostly ground & rock based ones), so Scarf Lando seemed like a natural choice to remedy both issues - tho I'll say here-and-now that its spread is TERRIBLE for the team. I was looking for the defensive scarf spread but couldn't find it anywhere, especially as I'm on a new laptop this year and have to start from a barren builder. I had to remove latios to make room for Lando. Having two pivot options this time was a great way to support bringing in Hoopa.

The offense trio all had one thing in common: they can't heal themselves very well or at all -- that's when I had the brainblast of remembering one of ABR's recent? games where he paired Hoopa-U and Alomomola. Alomomola just seemed like a dream come true for the bulky offense parts of the team, and that reflected as much in practice as in theory. Although I'm enamoured by the concept of distance healing I'm usually very against wish-passers (looking at you Clefable) -- Alomomola is an exception since it can heal itself at the same time of restoring others' health.

I found creative ways to use Alo in practice; one of those was using Wish on turns I was expected to do something else. This led to great positions where I could bring in Heatran, Lando, or even the other Regenerators to restore their vitality on damaging switch-ins.

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 100 SpD / 248 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Protect

I wanted SpD tran back on the team, but I thought about how hard you stressed for my team not to have a gaping Magearna weakness. I've been paying attention to Magearna lately (aka losing to it) and so I realized that SpD tran is irresponsible if it doesn't outspeed Magearna, hence the unique spread shown above.

248 outspeeds Timid Magearna by 1 point; I could've made Heatran max neutral speed but I thought it would be silly since it wouldn't outspeed anything else. I might make it 156/100/252 to combat Modest Heatran. 100+ SpD brings its SpD up to at least 300 points, while the rest of available EVs are allocated to health. The ratio keeps it more specially defensive than max health/+Speed tran while still outspeeding relevant threats.

I have protect on Heatran to keep it healthier, but more-so than that it pairs excellently with protect Alo to stall out unfavourable field conditions, scout choice item attacks, and trick opponents into HJK'ing or inefficiently switching out.

So overall this below was what was floating around in the tangentiality of my mind.
+

Positive Offensive Momentum (U-Turn Pair)

+

Negative Offensive Momentum (Dual Protect = Baits Over prediction, Soaks momentum in critical 50/50s (choice item attacks) & Stalls Key Turns and Z-Moves)

+
+

Complimentary regenerative trio

+

Burst Damage core

Replays:

VS Stall: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-852670323
VS BO1:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-852796747
VS BO2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-852654177
VS BO3: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-852584685
VS Balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-852546932
VS Offense: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-852655282

This team still needs optimization though, as with Chansey and Clefable both gone the team is without a safe defensive pivot for when the regenerators over pressured. This is somewhat madeup for though Alo's wishing, but the new team members and changed spreads create new weaknesses that older versions didn't struggle with. Also the lando spread and set is god awful.

With that being said - Looking fwd to your response!
✨

Last edited:
How does your team handle lucha? It can come in an revenge on all of your mons except for alomamola and seems like it just wins.
Taunt + Cm keld could also give you problems in the long run if you let it come in on tran or mola and don't click toxic.
Overall, it is a cool team concept and I would hate having to play your team.

How does your team handle lucha? It can come in an revenge on all of your mons except for alomamola and seems like it just wins.
Taunt + Cm keld could also give you problems in the long run if you let it come in on tran or mola and don't click toxic.
Overall, it is a cool team concept and I would hate having to play your team.

If alo is at relatively high health it can manage against hawlucha even on a turn it boosted to +2. In situations that are otherwise pinched the correct sequence would be to toxic lucha, then pivot between alo and lando for the defensive intimidate + regen cycling. It's likely they will boost after you wish expecting you to protect; this is an example of a proper opportunity to start the regen intimidate cycle. That's ofc assuming the lando is defensive scarf as it should be.

Taunt + Cm keld is not hard to deal with it at all since you can keep cycling between alo tang and get enough chip damage + scald status on it. A keldeo that runs sub cm on the other hand will sweep this team, but If it's something you're really concerned about then you can run 24 attack evs on tang to guarantee sub breaks on Keldeo, but if they've burned tangrowth beforehand then there's not much you can do at all. The key overall is to keep offensive pressure on Keldeo to prevent these snowballing setup sweeps from happening in the first place as the only scenario that this could transpire at all is when the triple regen core is sufficiently weaknened enough .

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)