Normal/Poison: Origin0's Ambipom

1 day of voting left!

Here are my votes:

Normal/Poison: Stitch98’s Skuntank
Rock/Ghost: Ebinola’s Minior
Ice/Psychic: Samtendo09’s Starmie

Last edited:
Here are the results!

Congratulations to Stitch98 's Normal/Poison Skuntank and Samtendo09's Ice/Psychic Starmie!

We also need a tiebreaker for a 3 way tie for Rock/Ghost- between Ebinola's Minior, Samtendo09's Spritomb and Solarblade's Golurk. So we will have a 24 hour vote and whoever has the most votes will win. You can't vote for yourself.

Now we move on to the Missing Types Special Slate #2- which has the types that are currently Uber only (Steel/Ghost, Dragon/Steel and Ghost/Fighting).

I also forgot about two missing types so I'm adding them here- also as an experiment to see if more types per slate would be good. So we also have Normal/Bug and Ground/Poison (since both Nidos are retyped)

Steel/Ghost, Dragon/Steel, Ghost/Fighting, Normal/Bug, and Ground/Poison
Submissions close at the 1st of September

Last edited:
My vote is Ebinola's Minior

WIP

Pokemon: Klinklang
Type: Steel/Ghost
BST:
60 / 125 / 120 / 50 / 95 / 110 | 570 BST
Abilities:
Technician / Levitate / Regenerator
New Moves: Shadow Punch, Rapid Spin, Bulldoze
Removed Moves: N/A
Niche: Set-up sweeper with Shift Gear + Technician-boosted Gear Grind/Bulldoze/Shadow Punch. Alternatively, you can go defensively. Steel/Ghost makes it an interesting spinner- can spinblock enemy Spinners, but also threaten enemy Ghost types that want to spinblock you. Plus Steel type means it's immune to Toxic Spikes and resists SR.

Pokemon: Steelix
Type: Steel/Dragon
BST:
75 / 110 / 200 / 55 / 100 / 30 | 570 BST
Abilities:
Shed Skin / Unaware / Multiscale
New Moves: Dragon Hammer, Coil, Recover
Niche: Steelix with an actual offensive presence. You can do a few things, such as Unaware + Dragon Tail to pseudohaze away any setup sweepers. Another option is to use Multiscale to help you use Coil or Shed Skin to remove unwanted status effects like Burn.

Pokemon: Sandslash
Type: Ground/Poison
BST:
75 / 125 / 130 / 40 / 90 / 105 | 570 BST
Abilities:
Iron Barbs, Regenerator, Sand Rush
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Shore Up, U-turn
Niche: Utility mon with Toxic Spikes/SR. Any Poison type that wants to absorb Toxic Spikes has to deal with the threat of Earthquake. Also has Rapid Spin to spin hazards away, and has good synergy with typing (SR resistance, Poison to absorb Toxic Spikes). Regenerator goes well with multiple switch-ins and U-turn. Otherwise, you can be more offensive with Sand Rush or a physical wall with Iron Barbs to punish Fighting type switch-ins. Shore Up has good synergy in sandstorm.

Last edited:
Ok wow this is irritating, Smogon didn't give me a notification for this thread. Great.

Thanks to Solarblade, though, I'm getting notifs from him. thx friendo.

For the tiebreaker, I'll vote Samtendo's Spiritomb.

ONTO SUBMISSIONS! Keeping them pretty simple this time around. Grabbing artwork that's nice though if I can find it, computers where im at rn don't let me search for images to find smaller ones.

Pokemon: Conkeldurr
Old Stats: 105 / 140 / 95 / 55 / 65 / 45 (505 BST)
New Stats: 125 (+20) / 140 / 125 (+30) / 55 / 65 / 35 (-10) (545 BST)
Abilities: Guts / Analytic / Sheer Force (HA)
New Moves: Shadow Bone, Gyro Ball, Bullet Punch
Removed Moves: Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Fire Punch

The boi Conkelderp is here in town, ready to punch some people's faces. Maybe.

Featuring one of the best defensive typings known to Pokemonkind, and a much better defensive spread of 125/125/65 making it more tanky as its appearance suggests, Conkeldurr is now a tanky wall capable of ignoring just about anything thrown at him and not caring about Toxic stall. With Guts, Conkeldurr can eat Burns and Paralysis no problem and slap things across the face for even trying. Being even slower than usual, Conkelderp can use Gyro Ball alongside Analytic and a STAB boost to OHKO things unprepared for a very fast spinning boi charging them. Shadow Bone works with Sheer Force, which can help out those sets if you chose a Life Orb set with coverage. Bullet Punch also is in his kit now, with no more Fighting STAB from Mach Punch - actually, a removed move from his set. If you seek the perfect typing coverage that is Ghost/Fighting with Conkeldurr, you'll have to slot in Hammer Arm, his best non-major drawback Fighting-type move. He also will struggle to tank special moves due to his low Special defense, but an Assault Vest can fix that.

Pokemon: Tyranitar
Old Stats: 100 / 134 / 110 / 95 / 100 / 61 (600 BST)
New Stats: 100 / 130 (-4) / 110 / 70 (-25) / 100 / 60 (-1) (570 BST)
Abilities: Sand Stream / Filter
New Moves: None. Tyranitar's got a great moveset as is.

Similar concept as my last Tyranitar. He's got some reduced stats all around, a better typing for what he does, and doesn't need any major additions to make him good. Sand Stream remains because Sand Stream is still great for team support alongside Excadrill, Filter helps mitigate the two weaknesses Tyranitar still has. He doesn't need any extra moves, as his kit is already fully fleshed out but this gives him a new role.

Pokemon: Magearna
Type: Ghost/Fighting
Old Stats: 80 / 95 / 115 / 130 / 115 / 65 (600 BST)
New Stats: 80 / 65 (-30) / 115 / 130 / 115 / 65 (570 BST)
Abilities: Soul-Heart
New Moves: None (EDIT: Removed Calm Mind from this list as she already has it. Forgot it did.)

Those who've played Camomons before will know of the terror that is Ghost/Fighting types, and a personal favorite of mine is the Soul-Heart kickstarter Magearna. With Focus Blast/Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball already in kit, Magearna can grab its choice of Calm Mind or Shift Gear for which offensive route it wants to take, then one of its myriad of coverage options, such as Ice Beam for its new Flying weakness, Flash Cannon for its Fairy weakness, or just double down on boosting moves for an even better offensive statline. However, it also lost its mixed set in the process.

Pokemon: Gliscor
Old Stats: 75 / 95 / 125 / 45 / 75 / 95 (510 BST)
New Stats: 85 (+10) / 105 (+10) / 125 / 45 / 95 (+20) / 115 (+20) (570 BST)
Abilities: Levitate / Regenerator / Drought
New Moves: Gunk Shot

Short story time, my first Pokemon artwork I did involved a Gardevoir going to a bar after having to deal with hard Gliscor stall. Lost to a Toxapex-Glisc-Tang team a day earlier and wasn't happy about it, so I wanted to draw it. Always liked Gliscor, but I've never liked how stally it was in standard play.

Either way, this Gliscor capitalizes on a new way of being annoying; having better stats than you while still being a tanky mfer. Ground/Poison doesn't sound great defensively - and it's not perfect- but Gliscor can make it work through Levitate to alleviate its Earthquake weakness, Drought to not care about Water-type moves as much and to team support, or Regenerator on a pivoting set in VoltTurn cores. With an improved offensive statline featuring 105/115 offenses, he's not gonna be some Optimized Rampardos in damage, but he's gonna do something with everything he throws out.

Last edited:

Pokemon: Haxorus
Type:

Old Stats: 76 / 147 / 90 / 60 / 70 / 97 | BST 540
New Stats: 90 / 145 / 105 / 50 / 85 / 95 | BST 570
Abilities: Mold Breaker / Moxie | HA: No Guard
New Moves: Iron Head, Dragon Rush, Stone Edge
Justification/Niche: WIP
Sample moveset:
Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard / Moxie / Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
- Iron Tail / Iron Head
- Dragon Rush / Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge / Earthquake / coverage

Pokemon: Dusknoir
Type:

Old Stats: 45 / 100 / 135 / 65 / 135 / 45 | BST 525
New Stats: 75 / 135 / 135 / 45 / 135 / 45 | BST 570
Abilities: Cursed Body / Iron Fist | HA: Guts
New Moves: Hammer Arm, Bulk Up, Drain Punch
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:
Dusknoir @ Flame Orb / Life Orb
Ability: Guts / Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Adamant / Brave Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch / Hammer Arm
- Shadow Sneak
- coverage

Last edited:
Solarblade’s Golurk for tiebreaker

Pokemon: Stakataka
Type:

BST: 79 / 131 / 191 / 53 / 103 / 13 | BST: 570 (+18 HP, -20 Def, +2 SpD)
Abilities: Beast Boost / Heatproof (HA)
New Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Claw, Recover
Justification/Niche: Trick Room sweeper. Stakataka's very low speed gives it a powerful STAB Gyro Ball against most opponents. It has high physical bulk and moderate special bulk along with reliable recovery, making it quite tanky as well.
Stakataka @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Lonely Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Pokemon: Dialga
Type:

BST: 100 / 70 / 110 / 130 / 90 / 70 | BST: 570 (-50 Atk, -10 Def, -20 SpA, -10 SpD, -20 Spe)
Abilities: Bulletproof / Soundproof (HA)
New Moves: Recover
Justification/Niche: Choice Specs user/offensive Stealth Rock setter. Dragon/Steel is a strong defensive and offensive typing, and Dialga has the coverage to hit the Steel-types that wall its STAB combo. Bulletproof and Soundproof are both useful defensive abilities, with Bulletproof blocking more attacks overall and Soundproof blocking -ate Hyper Voice or Boomburst users.
Dialga @ Choice Specs
Ability: Bulletproof / Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Dialga @ Leftovers / Dragonium-Z
Ability: Bulletproof / Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Recover

Pokemon: Marshadow
Type:

BST: 80 / 120 / 80 / 90 / 80 / 120 | BST: 570 (-10 HP, -5 Atk, -10 SpD, -5 Spe)
Abilities: Technician
New Moves: Mach Punch
Justification/Niche: Counter set-up sweeper/Bulk Up sweeper. Ghost/Fighting is a powerful offensive combo, having almost perfect neutral coverage by itself. Technician gives Marshadow powerful dual STAB priority moves in Shadow Sneak and Mach Punch. Marshadow also keeps its signature move Spectral Thief, allowing it to steal opponents' boosts and counter sweep.
Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak / Ice Punch
- Mach Punch / Ice Punch

Pokemon: Illumise
Type:

BST: 90 / 50 / 90 / 100 / 120 / 120 | BST: 570 (+25 HP, +3 Atk, +15 Def, +27 SpA, +35 SpD, +35 Spe)
Abilities: Oblivious / Unaware / Prankster (HA)
New Moves: Disable, Healing Wish, Haze
Justification/Niche: Unaware wall/Prankster utility user. Unaware and Haze can be used to block set up attackers, or Prankster can be used with Illumise’s large support movepool with options like Wish, Aromatherapy, Healing Wish, and Tailwind along with annoying options like Disable, Haze, and Thunder Wave.
Unaware Mixed Wall (Illumise) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Haze
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn

Prankster (Illumise) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Encore / Disable
- Bug Buzz
- Wish / Aromatherapy / Healing Wish

Pokemon: Drapion
Type:

BST: 110 / 90 / 125 / 60 / 100 / 85 | BST: 570 (+40 HP, +15 Def, +25 SpD, -10 Spe)
Abilities: Rough Skin / Sniper / Merciless (HA)
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Slack Off, Spikes
Justification/Niche: Merciless synergizes well with Toxic Spikes support, Gunk Shot and Earthquake are powerful STABs, and can also provide Spikes stacking. 110 / 120 / 105 bulk is solid, and along with reliable recovery and Rough Skin, Drapion can also be a contact-punishing physical tank.
Offensive (Drapion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake

Physical Tank (Drapion) @ Black Sludge / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Slack Off
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Ok wow this is irritating, Smogon didn't give me a notification for this thread. Great.

ONTO SUBMISSIONS! Keeping them pretty simple this time around. Grabbing artwork that's nice though if I can find it, computers where im at rn don't let me search for images to find smaller ones.

Featuring one of the best defensive typings known to Pokemonkind, and a much better defensive spread of 125/125/65 making it more tanky as its appearance suggests, Conkeldurr is now a tanky wall capable of ignoring just about anything thrown at him and not caring about Toxic stall. With Guts, Conkeldurr can eat Burns and Paralysis no problem and slap things across the face for even trying. Being even slower than usual, Conkelderp can use Gyro Ball alongside Analytic and a STAB boost to OHKO things unprepared for a very fast spinning boi charging them. Shadow Bone works with Sheer Force, which can help out those sets if you chose a Life Orb set with coverage. Bullet Punch also is in his kit now, with no more Fighting STAB from Mach Punch - actually, a removed move from his set. If you seek the perfect typing coverage that is Ghost/Fighting with Conkeldurr, you'll have to slot in Hammer Arm, his best non-major drawback Fighting-type move. He also will struggle to tank special moves due to his low Special defense, but an Assault Vest can fix that.

Similar concept as my last Tyranitar. He's got some reduced stats all around, a better typing for what he does, and doesn't need any major additions to make him good. Sand Stream remains because Sand Stream is still great for team support alongside Excadrill, Filter helps mitigate the two weaknesses Tyranitar still has. He doesn't need any extra moves, as his kit is already fully fleshed out but this gives him a new role.

New Moves: None (EDIT: Removed Calm Mind from this list as she already has it. Forgot it did.)

Those who've played Camomons before will know of the terror that is Ghost/Fighting types, and a personal favorite of mine is the Soul-Heart kickstarter Magearna. With Focus Blast/Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball already in kit, Magearna can grab its choice of Calm Mind or Shift Gear for which offensive route it wants to take, then one of its myriad of coverage options, such as Ice Beam for its new Flying weakness, Flash Cannon for its Fairy weakness, or just double down on boosting moves for an even better offensive statline. However, it also lost its mixed set in the process.

Pokemon: Accelgor
Type: Normal/Bug
Old Stats: 80 / 70 / 40 / 100 / 60 / 145 (495 BST)
New Stats: 60 (-20) / 110 (+40) / 30 (-10) / 140 (+40) / 50 (-10) / 160 (+15) (550 BST)
Abilities: Unburden / Adaptability
New Moves: Hyper Voice, Natural Gift, Nasty Plot

Accelgor just hits fast, moves fast, dies fast. He lives and dies by the boost Unburden gives to him to boost offensive potential, yet also can run some gimmicky sets along the way. Hyper Voice, Bug Buzz, and Nasty Plot can be run in tandem with each other with a Focus Sash and Unburden for a massive damage dealer with 1 free turn of setup before it dies to priority. Natural Gift can be run on mixed sets for instant access to strong coverage such as a Ganlon Berry for an extremely high power Ice-type move to nuke Landorus-Therian, or an Apricot Berry for a 100 base power Ground-type move for Heatran, who otherwise might tank a Focus Blast before a boost. However, its mostly there as an one-time fix to Accelgor's coverage options, and a way to kickstart Unburden as you choose.

Short story time, my first Pokemon artwork I did involved a Gardevoir going to a bar after having to deal with hard Gliscor stall. Lost to a Toxapex-Glisc-Tang team a day earlier and wasn't happy about it, so I wanted to draw it. Always liked Gliscor, but I've never liked how stally it was in standard play.

Either way, this Gliscor capitalizes on a new way of being annoying; having better stats than you while still being a tanky mfer. Ground/Poison doesn't sound great defensively - and it's not perfect- but Gliscor can make it work through Levitate to alleviate its Earthquake weakness, Drought to not care about Water-type moves as much and to team support, or Regenerator on a pivoting set in VoltTurn cores. With an improved offensive statline featuring 105/115 offenses, he's not gonna be some Optimized Rampardos in damage, but he's gonna do something with everything he throws out.
Accelgor is the Dark/Bug winner in this Pet Mod before, sorry.

Pokemon: Accelgor
Type: Normal/Bug
Old Stats: 80 / 70 / 40 / 100 / 60 / 145 (495 BST)
New Stats: 60 (-20) / 110 (+40) / 30 (-10) / 140 (+40) / 50 (-10) / 160 (+15) (550 BST)
Abilities: Unburden / Adaptability
New Moves: Hyper Voice, Natural Gift, Nasty Plot

Accelgor just hits fast, moves fast, dies fast. He lives and dies by the boost Unburden gives to him to boost offensive potential, yet also can run some gimmicky sets along the way. Hyper Voice, Bug Buzz, and Nasty Plot can be run in tandem with each other with a Focus Sash and Unburden for a massive damage dealer with 1 free turn of setup before it dies to priority. Natural Gift can be run on mixed sets for instant access to strong coverage such as a Ganlon Berry for an extremely high power Ice-type move to nuke Landorus-Therian, or an Apricot Berry for a 100 base power Ground-type move for Heatran, who otherwise might tank a Focus Blast before a boost. However, its mostly there as an one-time fix to Accelgor's coverage options, and a way to kickstart Unburden as you choose.

You have submitted 2 Steel/Ghost mons.

Pokemon: Kommo-o
Type:

BST: 80 HP / 110 Atk / 125 Def / 75 SpA / 95 SpD / 85 Spe BST 570
Abilities:
Soundproof / Bulletproof (Heatproof)
New Moves: Glare, Softboiled, Meteor Mash
Justification/Niche: It battles valiantly with its fists, which are armored in steel scales. Kommo-o specializes in uppercuts. When it howls after finishing off its prey, the metallic sounds of its celebrating comrades can be heard from all around. Its rigid scales function as offense and defense. In the past, its scales were processed and used to make weapons and other commodities.
Thank you once again, Pokédex. Kommo-o is meant to be a tank that can also function as a setup mon, something along the lines of mixing Magearna with Heatran. It can set rocks, parashuffle, run DD, and like regular Kommo-o, each of its abilities serve a purpose: Soundproof makes you immune to Perish Song and Hyper Voice, Bulletproof most importantly makes you immune to Aura Sphere and Focus Blast; while Heatproof gives you an artificial resistance to Fire (although it doesn't make you immune to burn, contrary to what I believed Heatproof's secondary effect was until a few hours ago). There's a lot of abilities that make sense on Kommo-o - Iron Fist, Tough Claws, Filter, what have you - but I went with these three so that Kommo-o is always going to be immune to, or resist, something, and your opponent has to figure it out as the battle goes on.
Sets:

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Ability: Any
EVs: 204 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 48 SpD
- Stealth Rock / Coverage
- Dragon Tail / Roar
- Softboiled
- Glare

Think vanilla Druddigon, but better. 204 HP brings you to a Leftovers number and allows for a little extra bulk on the special side, or you could just dump it in attack if you want to do more with Dragon Tail. Speaking of which, Dragon Tail and Roar have their pros and cons: Dragon Tail can't phase Fairies (and I've noticed there are a number of new additions), and Roar doesn't do damage nor will it phase fellow Kommo-o with Soundproof. It also makes you Taunt bait.
252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 204 HP / 252+ Def Heatproof Kommo-o: 121-144 (34.3 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Victini Return vs. 204 HP / 252+ Def Kommo-o: 109-129 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- 67.4% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Victini Blue Flare vs. 204 HP / 48 SpD Heatproof Kommo-o: 122-146 (34.6 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Victini Focus Blast vs. 204 HP / 48 SpD Kommo-o: 302-356 (85.7 - 101.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Not saying that Kommo-o stops Victini cold - it can run a number of sets, so it's entirely situational. That's why it's important to scout for Kommo-o's ability first.
252 Atk Poliwrath Dynamic Punch vs. 204 HP / 252+ Def Kommo-o: 206-246 (58.5 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Rotom-Fan, however, bodies this set.

Kommo-o @ Steelium Z / Groundium Z / Fightinium Z
Ability: Any
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Meteor Mash
- Close Combat / Earthquake / Fire Punch

Standard DD set. Would I claim this to be better than vanilla Kommo-o? I'd say no as vanilla Kommo-o has the better STAB coverage, but I wouldn't say it's unviable because it misses out on STAB Close Combat. I'd run the above set tbh, just putting this here because it's an option.

Pokemon: Shuckle
Type:

BST:
60 HP / 10 Atk / 240 Def / 10 SpA / 240 SpD / 5 Spe BST 565
Abilities:
Natural Cure / Harvest (Mold Breaker)
New Moves: Spore, Strength Sap, Aromatherapy
Removed Moves: Stone Edge, Sandstorm
Justification/Niche: Let's get weird with it. This Shuckle does what regular Shuckle does, but is bulkier and, like my Kommo-o, has three abilities that serve different purposes depending on what you need on your team. Natural Cure is all-rounded, usually a genial ability, but is great on Shuckle as its low HP makes it extremely vulnerable to status. Harvest can provide Shuckle with constant healing through any berry that can heal, or take less damage from a SE hit through damage-reducing berries (if you're a real memester you can run Starf) but is vulnerable to Knock Off. Finally, Mold Breaker lets you bypass Magic Bounce so no fear in having your rocks/webs backfire, but still leaves Shuckle useless against Magic Guard mons who are unaffected. Bug/Normal over Bug/Rock is, in my opinion, a slight advantage as you resist Earthquake and are immune to Ghost.
Sets:
Shuckle @ Leftovers / Mental Herb / Binding Band
Ability: Natural Cure / Mold Breaker
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock / Strength Sap
- Sticky Web / Strength Sap
- Infestation / Toxic
- Spore / Encore
I know Binding Band's not the most preferred of items but I wanted to include it anyway. Set hazards, heal if you have Strength Sap, and trap stuff.

Shuckle @ Sitrus Berry / Charti Berry / Coba Berry / Occa Berry / Chesto Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore / Strength Sap / Rest
- Aromatherapy / Spore / Stealth Rock / Sticky Web
- Infestation / Toxic
- Encore

You know the drill. Damage-reducing berry to be artificially neutral to something (some of the time) or Sitrus for heals. Going Bold here since I see Rock and Flying as primarily physical but Calm with 252 SpD is OK too. Depends on what you feel Shuckle needs to take better.

Shuckle @ Binding Band
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Power Split
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Strength Sap

Use this and you'll get free wins. Trust me. If you want to be really heat you should run Quick Claw to try and get Power Split off before you get roasted by something like Emboar.

Shrekle (Shuckle) @ Starf Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest / Strength Sap
- Power Trick
- Defense Curl / Aromatherapy / Acupressure
- Rollout

Meme set that gets BTFO by Knock Off. You should still totally use it though.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

Pokemon: Volbeat
Type:

Base Stats: 85 (+20) / 113 (+40) / 75 / 117 (+70) / 90 (+5) / 90 (+5) | BST 570
Abilities: Technician / Tinted Lens | Prankster
New Moves: Swords Dance, Leech Life, Hyper Voice
Justification/Niche: Potent Prankster threat. This is all I need to say (although Technician and Tinted Lens may help if you want it more aggressive), because all you need is to Tail Glow or Swords Dance + Baton Pass. It may also play as a late-game sweeper, but it doesn't have enough speed compared to other threats like Porygon-Z, it is vulnerable to Stealth Rock and Prankster can be ruined by Psychic Terrain. But then, imagine how horrifying a Tail Glow boosted Lilligant, Porygon-Z, Reuniclus or Wigglytuff (friendly reminder; latter have 160 SpA in this Pet Mod) would be...

Pokemon: Swalot
Type:

Base Stats: 140 (+40) / 73 / 95 (+12) / 110 (+37) / 85 (+2) / 67 (+12) | BST 570
Abilities: Harvest / Sticky Hold | Glutonny
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Earth Power, Flamethrower
Justification/Niche: Meet the Special Attacking counterpart of Hariyama; a Pokemon with big fat bulk (although lean more to Defense) and have Harvest for consistent Sitrus Berry in a Sun team. However, unlike Hariyama, Swalot have more weaknesses in comparison and can be pressured by Water-type, other Ground-type and Psychic, though the prior two can be threatened by Giga Drain on switch-in (and Ice Beam hurt Lando-T a lot). Belch might be used more often does to either Sticky Hold (Berries not going away because of Trick or Knock Off) or Glutonny (early Berry consumption), though Sludge Bomb still always a reliable Poison STAB if you do not want Belch into use.

Last edited:
Okay thanks for the votes! Tiebreaker is over, and Rock/Ghost will be Solarblade's Golurk

PrincessGardevoir I think Conkeldur is meant to be Ghost/Fighting? And yeah Accelgor is already Bug/Dark.

Pokemon: Ninjask
Type: Bug/Normal
BST:
80 / 115 / 70 / 50 / 95 / 160 | 570 BST
Abilities:
Scrappy / Tinted Lens / Regenerator
New Moves: Fake Out, Extremespeed, Parting Shot
Niche: Super pivot bug! Think of it as a counterpart to Shedinja's part Ghost, Ninjask is Bug/Normal (both Normal and Ghost cancel each other out). Plus to be sneaky, ninjas have to have the ability to act normal? At the very least, losing Flying type means it takes less damage from Rocks.

Anyway Bug/Normal has some terrible offensive presence but at least they have useful utility moves with U-turn, Fake Out and +2 priority with Extremespeed (and flavour-wise, Ninjask really fits these moves). Tinted Lens deals with the many types that resist Bug or Normal moves, while Regenerator helps with the pivoting role. It also has synergy with Defog should you need an emergency hazard clearer. Scrappy is for guaranteed Fake Out/Extremespeed, although without Tinted Lens then you are walled by Rocks/Steels.

Dazzling/Queenly Majesty shuts down its priority moves though. Defense is still the lowest stat and priority moves can check it if timed right and Ninjask is not using Extremespeed. It also relies on Life Orb for damage output so if you can Knock Off that then Ninjask is easier to deal with.

I was also thinking of Magic Guard instead of Renegerator but maybe that would be too much? At least with Regenerator it can be checked by hazard damage and it's not completely immune to SR/Life Orb recoil. Kind of undecided if I should replace something with First Impression for +2 priority overkill

Last edited:
Pokemon: Leavanny
Type: Bug/Normal
BST: 85 / 113 / 95 / 50 / 95 / 132 | 570 BST
Abilities:
Super Luck / Chlorophyll (Regenerator)
New Moves: Crabhammer, Drill Run, Attack Order
Niche: You're either a switch in and Sticky Web kinda mon, or you're a super luck rapist. Mixing roles is kinda hard as even with Super Luck and a boosted crit move in dual Stab Slash/AO, you are resisted as fuck and need more. Either go choiced with 2 coverages between Leaf Blade, Shadow Claw, Crabhammer or Drill Run, or forgo that for Sword Dance. You're fast, but 113 Atk isn't what it used to be. The coverage just isn't perfect enough, although it comes close. Shadow Claw adds lots of neutral coverage in fact, it hits everything neutral, but a non-STAB 70 power ghost move isn't doing much even with a 50% crit chance.

Also the defenses are okay with Regenerator to lay Webs. Sadly this bug cannot U-Turn, and for balance, I don't think it should.

Pokemon: Whiscash
BST: 150 / 108 / 88 / 51 / 86 / 122 | 570 BST
Ability:
Levitate (Water Absorb)
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Dragon Dance, Stealth Rock
Niche: While its stats are imperfect, this Whiscash sports an unheard of resist combo: Fight/Ground(or Water)/Rock/Fairy. 4 common types you can just switch in on, willy nilly, full stop putting almost a full stop on Azumaril, and most fighters and ground types! Then set up, or put up rocks, or do whatever, you got some free reign to play around with, such as Stealth Rocking or spreading weak ass burn or Paralysis using Scald or Spark, rather than using those sweeping stats.

Pokemon: Steelix
BST: 85 / 120 / 195 / 35 / 120 / 15 | 570 BST
Abilities:
Sturdy / Intimidate (Sheer Force)
New Moves: Dragon Rush, Coil, Shore Up
Niche: The Sheerest of Forcers, or the second nastiest Gyro Ball (with a less oppressive Offensive type than Staka), Coil up your aim and use your Dragon Rush/Iron Tail combo for great results. Both 100 power moves that never miss their mark. Losing 5 defense for more HP and SpDef and a better defensive type is only a good thing.

Pokemon: Jellicent
Type: Fight/Ghost
BST: 120 / 65 / 95 /125 / 120 / 45 | 570 BST
Abilities:
Water Absorb
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Calm Mind, Thunderwave
Niche: So most mons want to be physical Ghost/Fight types. You're all so original! Go Special on a special ghost wall, who still cock blocks water types and rain play. Dual STAB is almost mandatory, but from there you can spread burn or paralysis with WoW, Scald or TWave, or you can use Calm Mind for boosts, or Recover for longevity. You don't really even need any useless 'coverage' here as you neutral hit everything!

Pokemon: Lucario
Type:

BST: 81 / 122 / 70 / 122 / 70 / 105 | 570 BST
Ability:
Mega Launcher / Steelworker (Serene Grace)
New Moves: Shadow Bone
Justification: Its based off Anubis, who is associated with the underworld
Niche: A nearly unresisted STAB combo? Check. Good mixed offensive stats and speed? Check. Dual boosting moves? Check. 3 great abilities? Yeah, check that too. This thing is beastly. Mega Launcher means special sets dont have to rely on the inaccurate Focus Blast for fighting STAB, while Serene Grace gives Shadow Bone a mean 40% chance to lower the target's Def. To clarify, a lucky Shadow Bone into CC will KO Skarmory with rocks up and Life Orb Both sets can make use of Steelworker to hit the fairies that slightly trouble Lucario for harder damage, essentially being a third STAB. Oh and thats not to mention the priority options of both sets - unresisted STAB means that special Luke can use Vacuum Wave without sacrificing coverage, while physical Luke has either E-Speed or Bullet Punch with Steelworker.

Pokemon: Aggron
Type:

BST: 95 / 137 / 130 / 50 / 87 / 71 | 570 BST
Ability:
Bulletproof / Sturdy (Defiant)
New Moves: Shift Gear, Slack Off, Dragon Hammer
Justification: Its a metal friggin Triceratops
Niche: Aggron now has a much better defensive typing, as well as both offensive and defensive niches. Defensively, Aggron can set rocks, shuffle with Dragon Tail and has newfound access to recovery all with absurd physical bulk and the offensive presence to not be a sitting duck. Dragon Tail will be hard for fairies to block as most would rather not take a Heavy Slam to the face. Offensively, Aggron uses to its absurd bulk to Shift Gear in your face and proceed to clean house. Heavy Slam hits for 120 BP vs most Steel weak and neutral targets. while Dragon Hammer gives it a reason to use its Dragon STAB (Dragon Claw is pretty damn weak).

Pokemon: Metagross
Type:

BST: 90 / 130 / 120 / 55 / 85 / 90 | 570 BST
Ability:
Iron Fist / Download (Magnet Pull)
New Moves: Ice Hammer, Shadow Claw, Phantom Force
Justification: Its a better typing pretty much.
Niche: A hopeful return to relevance for Metagross. Steel/Ghost is just flat out better defensively than Steel/Psychic, its not like Metagross used Psychic STAB all that much anyways. Metagross retains the same level of bulk it had before while also ditching its SpAtk for crucial speed - it can trap, outspeed (with an Adamant Nature) and OHKO Heatran with EQ or it can use Hammer Arm and some chip to threaten Ferrothorn as well. Download is risky but can pay off - a +1 Z-Phantom Force or Meteor Mash hurts even into resists. Lastly, Iron Fist may seem the weakest out of the 3 abilities but it boosts Metagross's Steel STABs as well as giving Ice Hammer, Hammer Arm, and Thunderpunch a little more oomph.

Pokemon: Nihilego
Type:

BST: 109 / 43 / 47 / 131 / 127 / 113 | 570 BST
Abilities:
Beast Boost / Levitate (Corrosion)
New Moves: Earth Power, Nasty Plot, Ice Beam
Niche: This is certainly an original sub and is not at all derived from my previous Nihilego sub.

Alright, its similar, but I like Nihilego. This Nihilego has a better STAB combo, with Earth Power hitting grounded Steels and Poisons who try to soak up Sludge Waves, while Ice Beam can hit Flying types who resist Poison (cough landorus cough). Its stat spread gives it a good speed tier, and its typing is better for switching into opposing Electric and Poison types. Calcs vs Ground neutral Steels:

+2 252 SpA Nihilego Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 385-454 (109.3 - 128.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Nihilego Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega: 294-346 (85.7 - 100.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
No need for HP fire here.

Last edited:

Pokemon: Cofagrigus
Type:

BST: 150 / 70 / 90 / 140 / 90 / 30 | 570 BST
Ability:
Mummy
New Moves: Focus Blast, Flash Cannon
Justification: This is the typing it should have had from day one. Its a sarcophagus. Which are often made from metal.
Niche: Its a powerful Trick Room sweeper that can also use its typing to pivot in and fire off powerful Shadow Balls if TR isn't needed. Focus Blast keeps it from being neutered by Dark types and gives a more immediate asset vs steels. Cofagrigus is kept in line by its lack of recovery, and its horrible speed means it is almost forced to use Trick Room if it doesn't want to take a hit before it moves.
I've already won mono-Ghost Cofagrigus.

Pokemon: Stakataka
Type:

BST: 61 / 131 / 151 (-60) / 53 / 151(+50) / 23(+10) | 570 BST
Ability:
Beast Boost, Trace, Oblivious (HA)
New Moves: Recover, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak
Justification: Come ON, if u remember the speculation days everyone expected this to be ghost/steel look at it
Niche: Its a specially defensive wall that walls most psychics and fairies similarly to how aegislash did but without the 50/50s, Trace works very similarly to porygon 2 switching in to take advantage of other pokemons ability. It Has a nice tr niche too with a much better defensive typing and oblivious

Also wow koista12 thats what i was gonna submit for nihilego like even the stats, ability and movepool (bar nasty plot cause its nasty)

Also might do ghost fighting soon

Edit: Fuck I'm drunk

Last edited:
Samtendo09 Interesting idea on the Swalot! I wonder if Harvest + Belch would be an interesting combo, and give it a spot in sun teams. It would appreciate the Water neutrality...

koista12 Beat to the punch but yeah Cofagrigus has been done. That said, you can probably easily substitute it with another mon...Dusknoir might sort of work since it even has access to Ice Beam. And hey, Mummy still works flavour-wise since it evolves from a mummy cyclops thing? lol

Also I guess LordHelix meant to ping koista12 with the Nihilego comment

Pokemon: Mienshao
Type: Ghost/Fighting
BST:
65 / 125 / 70 / 130 / 75 / 105 | 570 BST
Abilities:
Scrappy / No Guard / Natural Cure
New Moves: Shadow Ball, Vacuum Wave, Shadow Bone
Niche: Ghost/Fighting is a very offensive typing, and Marshadow is a physical abuser, why not have a mixed abuser? It has the potential to go special with Shadow Ball, Vacuum Wave, Aura Sphere and Focus Blast in its arsenal. It has a little extra stats to its Special Attack to make up for the lower power of Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere. As for abilities you have a few options: Scrappy for spamming Aura Sphere without fearing Ghost switch ins while No Guard is for no-miss High Jump Kick/Focus Blast (going special means you don't care about Burn). Natural Cure replaces Regenerator and is arguably more useful if you're going physical, mainly to get rid of Burns/Paralysis as you pivot out with U-turn. It's defensive stats are too glassy for Regenerator anyway.

I think submissions are winding down now anyway so I'll just start voting now. I admit I looked at the calendar wrong so this round was a bit longer than usual.

----

So voting!

Use this template and try to have a vote for each one so we have less tiebreakers.

Steel/Ghost: Someone's Pokemon
Dragon/Steel: Someone's Pokemon
Ghost/Fighting: Someone's Pokemon
Normal/Bug: Someone's Pokemon
Ground/Poison: Someone's Pokemon

And since we'll be back to normal slates next week..put in your votes for the Normal type!

Type 1 / Type 2 / Type 3

If people prefer 5 type slates, then I'll just tally the 5 with the most votes.

Not gonna let Smogon's notifications beat me today, hahah.

I liked 5 type slates, but I can only wonder how that'd work when forced into using just one type (ex. a normal slate with 5 other typings available.. wat)

Either way, here's the typings already used:
Rock/Normal
Ghost/Normal
Pure Normal
Normal/Fire
Normal/Steel
Ice
/Normal
Flying/Normal
Psychic/Normal
Poison/Normal
Normal/Bug (from this slate!)

My votes:

Steel/Ghost: SolarBlade's Klinklang
Dragon/Steel: Stitch98's Haxorus
Ghost/Fighting: Koista's Lucario
Normal/Bug: SolarBlade's Ninjask
Ground/Poison: Samtendo's Swalot

And for next slate, it's try Normal/Ground, Normal/Fighting, and Normal/Dragon. Lets go fix some Drampas.

(edit: rooting especially for Normal/Fighting, got a really fun idea for that. Also making a few concepts right now in preparation)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)