Typemons

Yeah, dark and fire are excellent types, both bringing a lot to the meta. One thing I think you overlooked about fire is the potency of jirachi on these teams, as it can run scarf or other sets alongside serene grace sacred fire to fish for a lot of burns.

Fire is definitely a great type, both on the offense and on the defense. Prominent walls getting WillOWisp is no laughing matter. And of course, Physical Attackers can go with Sacred Fire always.

Yeah, I can even see mons like chansey running sacred fire as to not be complete taunt bait, although I don't know if serene grace would be worth it or not.

Flying looks to be my second favorite typing after dark. I haven't made a flying team yet, but I can already think of some pokemon I want to use.

Landorus. You can use either form, but you can't make these teams without using landorus. Landorus-I gets Hurricane, a move he pretty much broke STABmons with. Landorus-T gets more defensive changes, but has a lot to play with in between Roost, Defog, Brave Bird, Acrobatics, and Oblivion Wing it has lots of toys. Oblivion Wing is the best overall move these teams are going to be able to spam, because the recovery is pretty insane. The first abuser that comes to my mind is Thundurus, because it will keep him healthy through stealth rock switch ins and life orb recoil. It could definitely work on Keldeo or something to hit Mega Venusaur and mitigate the effects of life orb. Acrobatics or Brave Bird are the flying STAB gyarados (normal form) has always wanted and will complement him well. Breloom could also use acrobatics with a focus sash and technician abuse to kill grass type counters and dragonite, latias, etc. One thing I might try with flying is a rain team because flying has such excellent synergy with water. Lead politoed could really put hurricane or Oblivion Wing to really great use. If you don't want that weather feel free to use sun with Charizard-Y. You can even call on some forgotten pokemon like Salamence to use Oblivion Wing- it is literally that good of a move. Some other cool sets include Acorbatics belly drum Azumarill and pretty much anything.
EDIT: played word, won. Oblivion wing LO thundurus (over standard hp ice) owns.

Flying looks to be my second favorite typing after dark. I haven't made a flying team yet, but I can already think of some pokemon I want to use.

Landorus. You can use either form, but you can't make these teams without using landorus. Landorus-I gets Hurricane, a move he pretty much broke STABmons with. Landorus-T gets more defensive changes, but has a lot to play with in between Roost, Defog, Brave Bird, Acrobatics, and Oblivion Wing it has lots of toys. Oblivion Wing is the best overall move these teams are going to be able to spam, because the recovery is pretty insane. The first abuser that comes to my mind is Thundurus, because it will keep him healthy through stealth rock switch ins and life orb recoil. It could definitely work on Keldeo or something to hit Mega Venusaur and mitigate the effects of life orb. Acrobatics or Brave Bird are the flying STAB gyarados (normal form) has always wanted and will complement him well. Breloom could also use acrobatics with a focus sash and technician abuse to kill grass type counters and dragonite, latias, etc. One thing I might try with flying is a rain team because flying has such excellent synergy with water. Lead politoed could really put hurricane or Oblivion Wing to really great use. If you don't want that weather feel free to use sun with Charizard-Y. You can even call on some forgotten pokemon like Salamence to use Oblivion Wing- it is literally that good of a move. Some other cool sets include Acorbatics belly drum Azumarill and pretty much anything.
EDIT: played word, won. Oblivion wing LO thundurus (over standard hp ice) owns.
I made a Flying team, and it turned out to be what's effectively a Typemons Sky Battles team (with a forretress).
Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Mirror Move
- U-turn

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Thundurus (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Stone Edge

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Drill Peck
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Edit: It now IS a Typemons sky battles team.
Bird (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Stone Edge

Bird (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Bird Bird (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Mirror Move
- U-turn

Bird Bird (Thundurus) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Bird Machine (Tornadus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-turn

Check (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Drill Peck
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Last edited:
Nice. I wanna try something abusing mamoswine, with it's godly STABs, shift gear maybe, or even something like coil or bulk up. lol

Clefable @ Power Herb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Light of Ruin
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt / Soft-Boiled

So I was trying to find the perfect pokemon to abuse geomancy for fairy teams, and I think I found it. Clefable can abuse magic guard light of ruin which is absolutely stupid and sweep pretty much everything. Fire Blast hits most steels Thunderbolt is for stuff like Heatran. Soft-Boiled heals it up. EVs outpseed Greninja. Ban this please? You can also just use LO Light of Ruin Clefable without Geomancy...

+4 252+ SpA Clefable Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 387-456 (54.9 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Clefable @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Light of Ruin
- Fire Blast

So I was trying to find the perfect pokemon to abuse geomancy for fairy teams, and I think I found it. Clefable can abuse magic guard light of ruin which is absolutely stupid and sweep pretty much everything. Fire Blast hits most steels Thunderbolt is for stuff like Heatran. Soft-Boiled heals it up. EVs outpseed Greninja. Ban this please? You can also just use LO Light of Ruin Clefable without Geomancy...

+4 252+ SpA Clefable Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 387-456 (54.9 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
But how do you get to +4?

Clefable @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Light of Ruin
- Fire Blast

You would have to waste 3 turns getting to +4, while the enemies are hitting you, phasing you, setting up on you, or taunting you, just to get that +4 boost. Besides, another clefable can wall that pretty well, I know that from experience.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
But how do you get to +4?
You would have to waste 3 turns getting to +4, while the enemies are hitting you, phasing you, setting up on you, or taunting you, just to get that +4 boost. Besides, another clefable can wall that pretty well, I know that from experience.
pretty sure he is referring to the time where chansey is sent in, giving him a free geomancy not fearing toxic/seismic toss

canno

formerly The Reptile
pretty sure he is referring to the time where chansey is sent in, giving him a free geomancy not fearing toxic/seismic toss
But you would fear a Thunder Wave, something that Chansey runs sometimes over Toxic.

As for Mamoswine, maybe Ground for Thousand Arrows, letting you hit the last remaining things that resists you type coverage like Rotom-W while also giving you a Super Effective hit on Skarmory.

252 Atk Mamoswine Earthquake (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 168-200 (50.2 - 59.8%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (2HKO's non-Leftovers variants)
252 Atk Mamoswine Earthquake (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 204-240 (67.1 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Best part is that this isn't even with a boosting item. Ground Mamoswine is pretty nifty. It also gets Spikes for the sash lead set if you're into that.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Mamoswine doesn't really need set-up tbh - just smack things around with powerful STABs. If you really wanted set-up though Steel is probably the best type.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
banded mamo could be a neat thing to try with ground. since other then grass nothing appriciates a thousand arrows and grass types probably prefer not to switch into a banded icicle crash

A pokemon that works especially well on fighting teams is Staraptor, which gains the ever-useful reckless boosted HJK as coverage. This gives him dual stab and coverage all boosted by reckless while having unresisted coverage by everything other than doublade and rotom.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
"someone in the om room" yeah, hes only the most well known person in bh ;( but yeah, skill link cloyster is a bitch

"someone in the om room" yeah, hes only the most well known person in bh ;( but yeah, skill link cloyster is a bitch
Oops. It's okay Lcass, I know who you are, I just assumed it was an Lcass fan.
In other news, if bug doesn't get banned, I think magnezone could really abuse quiver dance, although with all the thousand arrows running around, it may not live long enough to do so. Come to think of it, any special attacker could abuse tail glow or quiver dance.
Also, defend order, heal order wobbuffet (or roost). GG world.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Oops. It's okay Lcass, I know who you are, I just assumed it was an Lcass fan.
In other news, if bug doesn't get banned, I think magnezone could really abuse quiver dance, although with all the thousand arrows running around, it may not live long enough to do so. Come to think of it, any special attacker could abuse tail glow or quiver dance.
Also, defend order, heal order wobbuffet (or roost). GG world.
hahahah i was only joking (though that was me) and oh god...that wobbufett sounds annoying as hell. however, with bugs flying around(haha...ha...ha...get it..?) it wont take much for them to just out tail glow and sweep you

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
bug type is amazing in general to me. mega Aggron with heal order and u-turn? Yes Please. Momentum stall is very potent in general, stuff like alomomola, slowbro, or chansey being able to u-turn out to a more suitable counter on predicted switches is great for these types of teams. This also gives these teams outs for beating gothitelle; not only is u-turn super effective but it allows those pokemon to switch.
For momentum stall, if you don't use fully invested physically defensive aggron you are a pussy. :)

I also could see special attackers abusing fiery dance for coverage/boosting on fire teams. No longer must they rely on charge miss to boost special attack. Serene grace users especially can use fiery dance for guaranteed stat boosts. I think a Bug Buzz/Air Slash/Fiery Dance/Protect Speed Boost Yanmega doesn't sound fun to face. Granted, they could just use nasty plot instead, but fiery dance could be great on an assault vest set.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Speaking of Fire, can we talk about how spooky V-Create Zard X can be? Or Blue Flare Zard Y? Super spooky nukes here, along with giving the rest of the team stupidly strong coverage and utility (Sacred Fire and Searing Shot mostly, although Will-o is neat on the mons that don't get them) moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)