Typing: The Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly. Heating things produces light, rather than the other way around. There is also "cold light" not produced by heating things; bioluminescence, for example, is a type of cold light.
It's both, actually. Heat and light can't exactly exist without causing the other. Even the "Cold Light" Still has some of the light creating heat, it's just a smaller amount than normal, about 20% or less.

It's both, actually. Heat and light can't exactly exist without causing the other. Even the "Cold Light" Still has some of the light creating heat, it's just a smaller amount than normal, about 20% or less.
Fighting people produces heat too but you don't see me complaining about it not being super-effective against bug

All things lead to the inevitable progression of entropy so honestly fuck off

Usually when I talk reasoning, I usually have underlying balance concern, whether it’s a Pokémon that wasn’t meant to be Uber by Gamefreak design (such as Most banned Megas) or a mon that has the stats that say it should be decent but might be held back by a weak typing (such as Avalugg) granted, that’s not the path most people take in their designs, which Is fine, and understand my methods might even piss people off; not my intention at all. I just think every type should have its own defensive and offensive niche that no other type can lay claim too, even normal.

Usually when I talk reasoning, I usually have underlying balance concern, whether it’s a Pokémon that wasn’t meant to be Uber by Gamefreak design (such as Most banned Megas) or a mon that has the stats that say it should be decent but might be held back by a weak typing (such as Avalugg) granted, that’s not the path most people take in their designs, which Is fine, and understand my methods might even piss people off; not my intention at all. I just think every type should have its own defensive and offensive niche that no other type can lay claim too, even normal.
Just remember that we still have plenty of types left.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Voting will only start tomorrow (considering that the submission slate started last Saturday), so mind if someone review my stuff, or at least my match-up so that none of it comes off as too illogical?

>> My Post Here <<

In the meantime, would it hurt to add Regional Forms for existing Pokemon in the future, the time we would need to make Fakemons once there is getting enough Types? The restrictions will not be determined now (but quite in-line with the Pet Mod based of Alolan Forms).

Several existing Alolan Forms fills up the lesser used Types a bit, which is notable for Ice-type and Dark-type, so it can be useful to give our new Typings to old Pokemon, especially with our Types with smaller Pokemon distribution. Plus Regional Forms more often than not take less work than making whole new Pokemon in general.

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
In the meantime, would it hurt to add Regional Forms for existing Pokemon in the future, the time we would need to make Fakemons once there is getting enough Types? The restrictions will not be determined now (but quite in-line with the Pet Mod based of Alolan Forms). Several existing Alolan Forms fills up the lesser used Types a bit, which is notable for Ice-type and Dark-type.
you got my vote

Voting will only start tomorrow (considering that the submission slate started last Saturday), so mind if someone review my stuff, or at least my match-up so that none of it comes off as too illogical?

>> My Post Here <<

In the meantime, would it hurt to add Regional Forms for existing Pokemon in the future, the time we would need to make Fakemons once there is getting enough Types? The restrictions will not be determined now (but quite in-line with the Pet Mod based of Alolan Forms).

Several existing Alolan Forms fills up the lesser used Types a bit, which is notable for Ice-type and Dark-type, so it can be useful to give our new Typings to old Pokemon, especially with our Types with smaller Pokemon distribution.
I like this idea. We already have the Primal Fossils, so some regional forms would be pretty cool.

>> My Post Here <<

Several existing Alolan Forms fills up the lesser used Types a bit, which is notable for Ice-type and Dark-type, so it can be useful to give our new Typings to old Pokemon, especially with our Types with smaller Pokemon distribution. Plus Regional Forms more often than not take less work than making whole new Pokemon in general.
I feel like
light.png
being good against
dragon.gif
is a bit of a stretch, but that might just be me.

I can’t see anyone making light weak to fire, or electric, or vice versa. At best the should have a bug vs fight relationship and resist each other.

I still stand by the idea that light being weak to and resisted by poison only makes sense.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Since I guess I'm allowed to ask, would anyone mind reviewing my submissions here? I know it's not much, but everyone already took the good options I lack creativity.

Also, any idea how many types we're gonna add, or are we just gonna not stop with the additions? Because eventually, in my opinion, all the types might be too difficult to balance the effective chart and the like.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Also, any idea how many types we're gonna add, or are we just gonna not stop with the additions? Because eventually, in my opinion, all the types might be too difficult to balance the effective chart and the like.
There might be a stopping point, around 6-8 new types at most, but we just do not have a determined one yet. Its obvious we will need to stop at one point.

There might be a stopping point, around 6-8 new types at most, but we just do not have a determined one yet. Its obvious we will need to stop at one point.
Maybe a specific play testing phase (or at least dedicated theorymon phase) after several new types are added where Pokemon match ups are looked at to see how they would fare in this pet mod rather than type match ups? This could be used to see which Pokemon are most viable and be a more practical way to judge what types should be nerfed/buffed in future slates.

Astra

talk to me nice
To add onto that, I feel like after finishing the Light-type phase, I think we should do a play test. In fact, in my opinion, a play test may be good ending for each phase to see what needs to be tweaked and whatnot without being overloaded.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
View attachment 133017View attachment 133020View attachment 133021View attachment 133022

Items:

Luminous Moss: Light-Type Silk Scarf variant
View attachment 133020Luminous Plate
Mirror:
User takes 0.8x damage from light attacks

Abilities

Illuminate: Light -Ate
Reflector: Dancer clone for Light moves, immune to Light
Epilepsy: Confuses foe on switchin
Bug Zapper: Bug-Types are attracted by the light and cannot switch out

Moves:

Pre-Existing: Flash, Dazzling Gleam, Photon Geyser, Light That Burns The Sky, Solar Beam, Morning Sun (Moonlight?), Flash Cannon, Spotlight, Signal Beam, Mind Blown, Light Screen, Reflect, Prismatic Laser
Z-Move: Ultraviolet Spectrum

Blackout: Light-Type Burn Up

Pokemon:

&
: They use the various light spots in their bodies to hypnotize their foes. Malamar is more perverse, so it retains dark while inkay retains psychic.
: Bioluminescent mushrooms. They have no buiseness being Fairy anyways. They also have Illuminate.
: They use the light flickers as the main way the species has to communicate
: Cause baby it's a firework

Malamar: 96 / 102 / 88 / 68 / 105 / 73 +Moonlight
This gives it fine bulk to abuse Superpower with.

Shiinotic: 130 / 45 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 30
Higher HP grants it the bulky role it is trying to be. BST stays lower than 500, but it has two of the best moves in the game with Spore and Strenght Sap. Maybe give it Epilepsy instead of Rain Dish

Beheeyem: 105 / 75 / 95 / 125 / 95 / 40 +Dazzling Gleam
It wasn't really any good before, now it can be a somewhat tanky mon

Moonlight: 16 PP, does not heal less under rain / sand / hail.
Dazzling Gleam: 90 BP
Since we are allowed to ask for feedback, I might as well

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
WIP

(Sunshine Only)

Solar Plexus
Type
:

Category:

Base Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
PP: 24
Effect: The user emits light from it's body, ramming into the target at full force.
Z-Effect: 160 BP
Target: Normal

Light Beam
Type
:

Category:

Base Power: 90
Accuracy: 100
Power Points: 16
Effect: The user shines a bright beam at the target. 10% chance to lower the target's accuracy.
Z-Effect: 160 BP
Target: Normal

Flash

Tail Glow

Reflect

Light Screen

Light That Burns The Sky

Photon Geyser

Prismatic Laser

Dazzling Gleam

Warm Glow

Last edited:
I ask again; does anyone else have a type chart they've been working on by themselves? Maybe a personal project you hope others would like to share in?

I once again am almost scared to share for fear of rejection, but I'm still here trying to steer in what I feel is the right direction, as is everyone I assume.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
The stopping point is when there will be no more place to fit icons on the banner

I ask again; does anyone else have a type chart they've been working on by themselves? Maybe a personal project you hope others would like to share in?

I once again am almost scared to share for fear of rejection, but I'm still here trying to steer in what I feel is the right direction, as is everyone I assume.
I was planning to do that with my types once i finished finalizing my types. I'm coming up with 4 types, some of which i worry are too similar to other types (Hero-type might get cut, there's another type that i'm not sure if it's too close to brutal-type that i may reveal next slate). As for the playtest idea, it's interesting, but only if we're actually able to do it.

To add onto that, I feel like after finishing the Light-type phase, I think we should do a play test. In fact, in my opinion, a play test may be good ending for each phase to see what needs to be tweaked and whatnot without being overloaded.
I've been begging for balance considerations as top priority for a while now, so I'm all for this.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Since we are allowed to ask for feedback, I might as well
Reflector as an Ability sounds interesting, especially if the Special Attacking Reflector managed to copy Tail Glow. I also didn't thought that Blacephalon could work more as a Light/Ghost than a Fire/Ghost (moreso than the Chandelure line). I do not think Moonlight should be Light-type despite the name, as Fairy-types had more association to the Moon than Light-type does at this point (hence why we keep Moonblast as a Fairy-type).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)