Typing: The Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my sometimes minimalistic descriptions, but what is the issue? I’m saying Grass is immune to Light because plants absorb light, while Light is weak against Grass because its strength gets absorbed by plants. Grass currently hits 3 things super effectively and 7 things not very effectively, so it definitely appreciates a new super effective hit.
Changed the wording a bit if that’s what was causing confusion.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Official post

Hey guys, I just wanted to mention that I wont be able to access internet for the next 3~4 days. Yeah, again. I'll leave the mod to the council members for that time. See you soon!

Sorry for my sometimes minimalistic descriptions, but what is the issue? I’m saying Grass is immune to Light because plants absorb light, while Light is weak against Grass because its strength gets absorbed by plants. Grass currently hits 3 things super effectively and 7 things not very effectively, so it definitely appreciates a new super effective hit.
Changed the wording a bit if that’s what was causing confusion.
The thing is that why Grass resists Light if it's already inmune to it.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Grass takes 0x damage from Light, Light takes 2x damage from Grass. Kind of like the relationship between Ground and Electric.
Another Ground vs Electric relationship never hurt, especially if the offensive potential of Light-type tend to be aggressive.

Not usually a fan of a Starter Type getting an immunity, but if it means helping Grass to be more aggressive toward a type in term of offensive presence to make up for being resisted by others like Steel, I see no real concern. Too bad that Bug/Light will counter this, especially if it is the buffed Ledian or Volbeat. Only Ferrothorn can counter them but would not like to receive a boosted Bug STAB.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Another Ground vs Electric relationship never hurt, especially if the offensive potential of Light-type tend to be aggressive.

Not usually a fan of a Starter Type getting an immunity, but if it means helping Grass to be more aggressive toward a type in term of offensive presence to make up for being resisted by others like Steel, I see no real concern. Too bad that Bug/Light will counter this, especially if it is the buffed Ledian or Volbeat. Only Ferrothorn can counter them but would not like to receive a boosted Bug STAB.
Mega Venu and Ammonguss shit on it too.

->

Sableye (and mega): Everyone of its dex entries mentions its relation with shiny gems and its ability to make its eyes to glow. Dark instead of Ghost because of its nasty and tricky nature.
->

Druddigon (+Solar Power, +Solar Beam, +Morning Sun): Half of its Pokédex entries mentions its reliance on sun to survive and to keep it active.
Glare
->

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
tbh Light Speed should be retyped to Light
I will add Light Speed among my retype list then.

->

Sableye (and mega): Everyone of its dex entries mentions its relation with shiny gems and its ability to make its eyes to glow. Dark instead of Ghost because of its nasty and tricky nature.
->

Druddigon (+Solar Power, +Solar Beam, +Morning Sun): Half of its Pokédex entries mentions its reliance on sun to survive and to keep it active.
Glare
->
Nice research, but I don't think Druddigon would really benefit from Solar Power since it is a generally a physical fighter.

Light type glare isn’t the best idea. It’s called snake glare, so unless we retype coil as steel because most coils and springs are metal, I don’t like the idea.

Anyway a few moves.

Searchlight - Harshly lowers your opponent’s evasion and reduces their defense 1 stage.

Spotlight - same effect by SpDef.

Flicker - light type quick attack.

Hot Flashes - Light type WoW clone maybe with different accuracy. Good for mons who might want to spread some burns.

Light Blast - light type Fire Blast clone. Showed it off that a 100 SpA mon with 252 EVs can kill Aegislash with a SpDef nature in one hit all the time provided we do the right thing and make it 4x weak.

Healing Light - Restores all your Pokémon by 20% hp if they aren’t fainted. This group heap could be broken so some number tweaks wouldn’t hurt.

Shining Fist - punch based light move with no added effect. Hopefully strong physical fight coverage for fighters that might need it.

When I’m not on my lunch break I’ll flesh this out more if I remember with more concrete stats.

Pokemon Retypes

Move Retypes

• Spotlight​
  • Dazzling Gleam​
  • Light Screen​
  • Flash​
  • Morning Sun​
  • Tail Glow​
  • Flash Cannon​
Matchups
Resists: Dark, Time, Light, Flying
Beats: Ghost, Dark, Ice, Time
Immune to: Ghost

Resisted by: Fire, Water, Light, Steel
Beaten by: Grass, Fire, Electric
Doesn't affect: Grass
Resists
Dark: Performing tricks is a lot harder when there's light to reveal you.
Time: Since light is so fast, time isn't a problem for it.
Light: Light would just engulf itself.
Flying: Flying animals could easily get blinded by the sun.
Beats
Ghost: Ghosts are weak to light.
Dark: Light exposes the tricksters' tricks. Light drives out darkness.
Ice: Light's heat will eventually melt ice.
Immune to
Ghost: Ghosts do everything when the lights are out.
Resisted by
Fire: The fire would easily consume the light.
Water: Water distorts light.
Steel: The metal reflects the light.
Beaten by
Grass: Grass absorbs sunlight and grows.
Fire: Fire produces light.
Electric: Many electric machines create light.
Doesn't affect
Grass: Light helps grass germinate.
New Moves
Bright Light
Category
: Status
BP: -
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 16
Effect: Blinds the target, causing their next move to miss. Hits all adjacent Pokemon in a Double Battle.
Z-Effect: Raises accuracy by 1.

Shine Bright
Category:
Status
Accuracy: -
PP: 24
Effect: Raises the user's Special Attack by 2.
Z-Effect: Restores the user's dropped stats.

Lantern Smash
Category:
Physical
BP: 40
Effect: 50% to lower Defense by 1.

Sunrise
Category:
Physical
BP: 110
Accuracy: 85%
Effect: 20% chance to burn.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Pokemon Retypes

Move Retypes

• Spotlight​
  • Dazzling Gleam​
  • Light Screen​
  • Flash​
  • Morning Sun​
  • Tail Glow​
  • Flash Cannon​
Matchups

Resisted by: Fire, Water, Light
Doesn't affect: Grass, Steel
Resists
Beats
Immune to
Resisted by
Beaten by
Doesn't affect
Steel: The metal just reflects the light.
New Moves
Bright Light
Category
Effect: Blinds the target, causing their next move to miss. Hits all adjacent Pokemon in a Double Battle.

Shine Bright
Category:
Status

Lantern Smash
Category:
Physical

Sunrise
Category:
Physical
Other than Steel being immune to Light, your match up is perfect in my opinion.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Pokemon Retypes

Move Retypes

• Spotlight​
  • Dazzling Gleam​
  • Light Screen​
  • Flash​
  • Morning Sun​
  • Tail Glow​
  • Flash Cannon​
Matchups

Resisted by: Fire, Water, Light
Doesn't affect: Grass, Steel
Resists
Beats
Immune to
Resisted by
Beaten by
Doesn't affect
Steel: The metal just reflects the light.
New Moves
Bright Light
Category

Shine Bright
Category:
Status

Lantern Smash
Category:
Physical

Sunrise
Category:
Physical
Other than Steel being immune to Light, your match up is perfect in my opinion.
I agree with you, G-Luke. I honestly think that Steel doesn't really need a second immunity since it is already good with plenty of resistances and one immunity. Maybe change Steel to resist Light instead of straight-up being immune to it but keep Grass being immune to Light.

I also feel a bit unsure if Ghost could also have a second type being immune to Ghost. Its not like there is not that much Ghost-type OU threats compared to Dark (including Incineroar who is deceptively, dangerously useful in Doubles OU) unless I'm wrong (rip Mega Sableye unless he turns Dark/Light).

I still think Steel and Ghost could be weak to Light both. Steel burns and retains heat, and light produces lots of heat and it would make a certain shield/sword stance changer less defensive

Poison also traps light quite well. To see why Light would be weak to light, look up the Greenhouse effect, or see the light trapping abilities of smog.

I still think Steel and Ghost could be weak to Light both. Steel burns and retains heat, and light produces lots of heat and it would make a certain shield/sword stance changer less defensive

Poison also traps light quite well. To see why Light would be weak to light, look up the Greenhouse effect, or see the light trapping abilities of smog.
I'm pretty sure
fire.gif
is still the main heat type. Sure, light can make heat, but moves like Heat Wave are
fire.gif

G-Luke

Even if thats the case, that nowhere near a basis for unbanning Aegislash.

Even if thats the case, that nowhere near a basis for unbanning Aegislash.
Likely not, but it won’t make its life easier. Then again, I recall mobs who used to use HP grass for a certain mud fish i heard you like. If it doesn’t work, we can at least say we tried.

More importantly and on a serious note, the steel type getting another weakness couldn’t hurt at this point, would it?

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Likely not, but it won’t make its life easier. Then again, I recall mobs who used to use HP grass for a certain mud fish i heard you like. If it doesn’t work, we can at least say we tried.

More importantly and on a serious note, the steel type getting another weakness couldn’t hurt at this point, would it?
I don't see why another weakness to Steel would be harmful, and Steel type should certainly not be immune to Light as while it can reflect light, it does not explicitly absorb them unlike Grass, a more logical Type that would fit much better as a Type that is immune to Light.

Plus most metal plates are round and not flat unlike mirrors, which means that a blinding light of pain can still reach you via reflection to the eyes if you haven't reacted quickly.

Though I would not mind if a winning Ability involves bouncing back Light-type moves were given to a few Steel-types.

I don't see why another weakness to Steel would be harmful, and Steel type should certainly not be immune to Light as while it can reflect light, it does not explicitly absorb them unlike Grass, a more logical Type that would fit much better as a Type that is immune to Light.

Plus most metal plates are round and not flat unlike mirrors, which means that a blinding light of pain can still reach you via reflection to the eyes if you haven't reacted quickly.

Though I would not mind if a winning Ability involves bouncing back Light-type moves were given to a few Steel-types.
I think you misunderstood me.

A type can be weak to another without having a poor offensive matchup in return. Steel has the same relation with ground and fight. Steel weak to, but steel attacks deal neutral damagebto those of that type.

I'm pretty sure View attachment 133354 is still the main heat type. Sure, light can make heat, but moves like Heat Wave are View attachment 133354.
I think fire and light can share heat, but fire's heat should be more about just setting things alight while light's heat is constant, unrelenting heat. that's why i made ice and water weak to it in my OG matchup, because ice and water can handle a simple fire, but constant heat would evaporate them. Also, I think that light-type VS steel may just be a neutral matchup, as I don't really see any reason light is good against steel or any reason steel is good against light, that isn't better shown by ground. ghost should def. be weak to light though, IMO.

I think fire and light can share heat, but fire's heat should be more about just setting things alight while light's heat is constant, unrelenting heat. that's why i made ice and water weak to it in my OG matchup, because ice and water can handle a simple fire, but constant heat would evaporate them. Also, I think that light-type VS steel may just be a neutral matchup, as I don't really see any reason light is good against steel or any reason steel is good against light, that isn't better shown by ground. ghost should def. be weak to light though, IMO.
Light should be Light, I.E. electromagnetic radiation, not heat. That's why I want Bug to resist it, and why it shouldn't be SE against Steel.

Light should be Light, I.E. electromagnetic radiation, not heat. That's why I want Bug to resist it, and why it shouldn't be SE against Steel.
Light naturally gives off heat, so I think heat should be somewhat included in it. I mean, Fire isn't heat either, it's some kind of weird semi-plasma thing that happens, but since it gives off heat, it's associated with it, so I don't see why Light can't be either. But yeah, I agree with it not being SE against steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)