Tyranitar's Destruction: Unleash!

Nice team. Everyone loves pearlsaurus pics these days don't they?

I really like your Gallade Anti-Lead. Have you considered Bounce over Return? It hits Celebi extremely hard at +1 and if it gets paralyzed, boy oh boy, ParaFlinch. And it hits harder than Return. Have you considered going Naive>Timid on Heatran? With Timid it cannot OHKO Blissey with Explosion. Even with rocks down its a slim chance, it has to reach MAX damage output. I reckon going Naive will help your chances.

I just have a small nitpick here, as everything else I would have suggested has already been suggested by other people.

I STRONGLY suggest you run max Speed on Gliscor with a Jolly nature as losing to other max Speed Gliscor is horrible, and will most definitely ruin your chances to Taunt them before they Taunt you.

Great team you have here. Just one thing, though. You clearly got this format from CAL-Ciaran's RMT. I think it's necessary to give him a mention. Other than that, I love how you presented your team, and it looks great.

Nice team you got on here, and yeah I had a team where I abused Lum Berry Dragon Dance Tyranitar. Such a beast. I do agree with bribery though with having Shaymin instead of rotom, altough it wont be able to switch into a U-turn overall it would help alot more. The only downside of switching that I could see is that now Special defensive Skarmory now can set up some spikes.

Now unto Gyarados, I used a CB set on my team which worked wonders, really no one expects CB Gyara, here are some calcs.

Aqua Tail vs Neutral Natured 4 Hp Rotom: 92.1% - 108.7% (OHKO with Stealth Rock)
Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 120 Def +Defense nature Rotom-A: 59.2% - 70.1% (You outspeed and 2HKO
Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 252 Def +Defense nature Rotom-A: 53.3% - 63.2%(Same here)
Payback vs 252 HP / 120 Def + Defense nature Rotom-A switching in: 88.2% - 103.9% (OHKO with Stealth Rock)
Payback vs. 252 HP / 220 Def +Defense nature Celebi switching in: 63.9% - 75.2% (Does 32.2% - 38.1% so 96.1% Min and 113.3% Max meaning you 2HKO as long as you have Stealth Rock up or they are faster since you outspeed defensie celebi)
Stone Edge vs. 188 HP / 252 Def +Defense nature Vaporeon: 38.2% - 45.1% (This is one of those pokemon you can barely do any damage but with Stealth Rock you chip away 50% of its health and with Shaymin this shouldn't be a problemm)
Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def +Defense nature Vaporeon: 36.9% - 43.5%
Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 176 Def +Defense nature Skarmory: 42.2% - 49.7% (There's a slight chance you 2HKO with Stealth Rock and Leftovers on Skarmory)
Aqua Tail vs 252 HP +Defense nature Skarmory(Specially Defensive): 47.9% - 56.6% (Slight chance you might not 2HKO with Stealth Rock)
Aqua Tail vs 252 HP / 252 Def +Def Swampert (46.4% - 55.4% You have a good Chance of 2HKOing if its at full health but mostly it will be a little weakened )
Stone Edge/Earthquake vs 252 HP / 252 Def +Defense Suicune: 28.2% - 33.4% (You do very few damage to it but with Stealth Rock and Sandstorm you might 3HKO it)
Stone Edge/Earthquake vs 252 HP / 40 Defense neutral natured Suicune(Basically an semi-offensive Suicune with lefties): 36.9% - 43.6%(3HKO and really weakens this for T-tar since this Suicune will probably not pack rest)

So thats basically some calcs, just to show there, and really though it may benefit you I understand why you wouldn't want to use it, anyways GL with this team

Alright. I took the time to analyze your very impressive Anti-Lead Gallade set, and I found some alternate EVs that could help you immensely. Try these EVs: 120 HP / 220 Atk / 168 Spe.

I'll explain them. First of all, I don't see why you're running all of that Speed. Against the top 10 leads, the fastest thing that you can outspeed with an Adamant nature is Metagross, and everything slower than it. So I decided to do some calcs and determine how those EVs could be better dispersed. 120 HP allows for you to always live Lead Metagross' Meteor Mash, while you can 2HKO back with Expert Belted Earthquake, as you outspeed Metagross. The only way this lead could possibly defeat you is if it carries Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch, which is fairly rare. These HP EVs also allow for you to take Roserade's Leaf Storm better, in case they go for that instead of Sleep Powder. This also allows you to take moves like Fake Out + Fire Blast from Infernape. 168 Speed EVs allow you to outspeed the Standard Smogon set for Breloom, which runs 244 Speed EVs. The leftover EVs were dumped into Attack, so you can still get all of the important KOs and 2HKOs that you need (You still defeat every lead that you have listed). Also, Shadow Sneak twice will always 2HKO Starmie after it takes recoil damage from Life Orb.

Feel free to decline this if you do so wish. I just feel like this spread is much better for being an Anti-Lead.

Hey I got your PM,

I see a few changes that would benefit your team. I would recommend, you put Lum berry on Gallade, So it can take on the sleeper leaders. I also think that Leaf Blade and Earthquake should be removed for Close Combat, and Stone Edge/Ice punch. Leaf blade's coverage is quite bad, and CC will do equal damage if not more on most bulky waters, besides Swampert. Stone edge or Ice punch can be used to hit the flying types. On Tyrannitar, I would recommend Stone edge over Rock Slide for power, and Earthquake over Aqua Tail, to hit Heatran, Empoleon, and the Electric types. On Rotom, I also recommend switching it to a Choice Scarf version, because it will allow you to revenge more things. On Heatran, I think a better nature would be Timid since your current nature counteracts yours Passho berry, and Explosion is already powerful enough. I would Change Gliscor to Mixnite, as it gives you most of the resistances, and it keeps up the offensive momentum of your team. I also think you need a rapid spinner, but i'm not sure where that could fit.

Hey I got your PM,

I see a few changes that would benefit your team. I would recommend, you put Lum berry on Gallade, So it can take on the sleeper leaders. I also think that Leaf Blade and Earthquake should be removed for Close Combat, and Stone Edge/Ice punch. Leaf blade's coverage is quite bad, and CC will do equal damage if not more on most bulky waters, besides Swampert. Stone edge or Ice punch can be used to hit the flying types. On Tyrannitar, I would recommend Stone edge over Rock Slide for power, and Earthquake over Aqua Tail, to hit Heatran, Empoleon, and the Electric types. On Rotom, I also recommend switching it to a Choice Scarf version, because it will allow you to revenge more things. On Heatran, I think a better nature would be Timid since your current nature counteracts yours Passho berry, and Explosion is already powerful enough. I would Change Gliscor to Mixnite, as it gives you most of the resistances, and it keeps up the offensive momentum of your team. I also think you need a rapid spinner, but i'm not sure where that could fit.
I wish i can put Lum Berry on Gallade, but the lack of power really sucks. I tested it and well, it does help against Roserade and Smeargle, but the lack of power, (again) really doesnt cut out. Roserade's and Smeargle's are really rare this days. Sorry, no Lum Berry :)

I really need Leaf Blade for Swampert, Vaporeon's, Suicune... Etc. They will destroy almost every member of my team that is why i need leaf Blade, as for ice punch, i do need it, but i prefer Earthquake better to hit metagross. Talking about Metagross, i have rotom, heatran and gliscor for him, maybe i can use ice punch! :D

And again, no way i'm putting Stone edge on Tyranitar, just see this logs

And rotom, he is always locked to a move and then the opponent will set -up on him :O..I prefer Derick's Double Status Rotom!

Thanks for Rating!

Hey I got your message, if you think you need more than 30 rates I have some ideas, but most of them have already been shot down. Gallade's item choice is pretty inefficient, in my opinion, and he certainly doesn't need a lot of HP as he can't really take a hit anyway. You should either run Life orb, for more consistent power or Lum berry so you can beat sleep leads who are pretty common nowadays. Also, you should probably use CC, because of the increase in power and STAB. The defense drops don't matter as, again, Gallade cannot take a hit. I'd use the EV spread SandslashPwns suggested too. I know you've shot down these suggestions, but Gallade is not bulky and giving him a lo isn't a waste because he dies to attacks anyway. By this reasoning CC is far superior anyway.

The dreadful weakness to water types is very troubling. Suicune, Starmie and even Gyarados can sweep you with little problems (just getting Rotom out of the way for Gyarados). I'd highly recommend scarfing Rotom, 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpAtk, you know the set. This gives you some sort of option in stopping the above threats, and again the weakness to stall is helped somewhat by having a trickster. I know you don't want Pokemon "setting up" on him, but that's the case with all choice users, sorry.

I don't really understand what Gliscor is accomplishing on this team, Lucario is reasonably covered and just throwing him on there to cover stall is not really efficient, stall can still handle him with Gyarados, etc. I think adding a LO Shaymin with Rest would not only help the stall weakness but the water weakness as well. LO Shaymin also breaks down and destroys fwg cores pretty efficiently (Seed flare for water, earth power for fire, HP fire for grass).

That's all the advice I have, gl.

Hey I got your message, if you think you need more than 30 rates I have some ideas, but most of them have already been shot down. Gallade's item choice is pretty inefficient, in my opinion, and he certainly doesn't need a lot of HP as he can't really take a hit anyway. You should either run Life orb, for more consistent power or Lum berry so you can beat sleep leads who are pretty common nowadays. Also, you should probably use CC, because of the increase in power and STAB. The defense drops don't matter as, again, Gallade cannot take a hit. I'd use the EV spread SandslashPwns suggested too. I know you've shot down these suggestions, but Gallade is not bulky and giving him a lo isn't a waste because he dies to attacks anyway. By this reasoning CC is far superior anyway.

The dreadful weakness to water types is very troubling. Suicune, Starmie and even Gyarados can sweep you with little problems (just getting Rotom out of the way for Gyarados). I'd highly recommend scarfing Rotom, 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpAtk, you know the set. This gives you some sort of option in stopping the above threats, and again the weakness to stall is helped somewhat by having a trickster. I know you don't want Pokemon "setting up" on him, but that's the case with all choice users, sorry.

I don't really understand what Gliscor is accomplishing on this team, Lucario is reasonably covered and just throwing him on there to cover stall is not really efficient, stall can still handle him with Gyarados, etc. I think adding a LO Shaymin with Rest would not only help the stall weakness but the water weakness as well. LO Shaymin also breaks down and destroys fwg cores pretty efficiently (Seed flare for water, earth power for fire, HP fire for grass).

That's all the advice I have, gl.

Yeah, i'm testing Gallade with Close combat, and i love it, but it fails to 2HKO Metagross. Who cares anyways? i have Heatran for him. I get your point for Life Orb, but i love bluffing choice items when they bring in swampert can get's KO instead. I believe Gallade can take Scizor's Bullet Punch than atleast does damage with Close combat, so maybe i won't use that Ev Spread, but outspeeding Breloom is cool. lol?

Yeah, i have even tested Scarf Rotom-W/H, its weak to pursuit and stuff, but i prefer using Double Status Rotom :D. Currently testing Scarf Rotom, outspeeding those Starmie and friends is awesome, but rotom lacks hp and defence that unables it to take hits.

Shaymin looks surprisingly Awesome, Gliscor gives me a Ground resist with his unique ability Sand veil, but shaymin have Natural cure. I will test it and see how it goes, but when gyarados is down, those Stall teams would be over me.

Thanks for rating!

I don't see anything wrong with the team. However I'd suggest using Shuca Berry on Heatran since you can take care of bulky waters using Rotom-h. With Shuca Berry you can live an attack from Dragonite and KO back with Explosion.

Also, I'd suggest Pursuit > Crunch on Tyranitar so that it can trap frail stuff like Gengar and KO them if they try to switch.

Sorry, late rate.

The team itself looks awesome, but there are still a few changes that can optimize it. Nonetheless, there are certain threats you must address.

I notice that your main weaknesses are DD Dragonite (offensive), Agility Empoleon, Sub Gengar, Shaymin, and even a well-played Zapdos. Other than that I think you're fine. The most sound change imo is giving Rotom-H a Choice Scarf set. This will help you check DD Dragonite (offensive) and Agility Empoleon, while offering a reliable revenge killer for Gengar, Shaymin, and other dangerous pokemon like Starmie. Zapdos with Toxic is readily the only set that can own you, but tbh Heatran is your best choice with Tyranitar falling behind him.

Now for the nitpicks, I suggest using a Jolly Nature on Gallade and handing him a Life Orb. This will serve you well against Timid Heatran, Adamant Lucario, and all the other pokemon around the 280 Spe range. Next, definitely use Stone Edge on Tyranitar b/c you have no other entry hazards to support the low base power. Another one is going with Stone Edge on Gyarados too, since Bounce becomes useless against Protect (*hints at Vaporeon*) and Stone Edge is useful against opposing Gyarados, Zapdos, Togekiss, etc. If you don't mind not hitting these, then staying with Bounce would be your best choice.

I think thats it. Hope this helps, and good luck!

EDIT: Use a Hasty Nature on Heatran!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)