Tournament Ubers Live III - Host Signups + Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
The third edition of the Ubers Live starts on the 28th of August! If you aren't familiar with the Ubers Live, it's a tournament similar to the official Smogon Tour - a live tournament that starts at a specific time on the weekends and runs in real time till its done (usually takes an hour or so) on the Smogon Tournaments server. This means we need hosts willing to take some time out of their nights for a fast and busy tournament format. Ubers Live is a type B tournament!

Here's the schedule of how the tour will run:

Week 1 - SS
Week 2 - USM
Week 3 - ORAS
Week 4 - SS
Week 5 - USM
Week 6 - ORAS

The tournament will run at the same times as the first edition of the tour, which means:

Saturdays: 10pm GMT -4
Sundays 12pm GMT -4

To players looking to join - you can participate in both days, but only your furthest run will count in terms of points. You can't earn points from both days. This tournament will be decided with a playoffs format (just like the Ubers Classic) to earn Type B circuit points.

Regarding the playoffs format - For the playoffs of this tournament, we will be using a best of three format where SS is played first and then the loser chooses between SM or ORAS and if needed the players will play the left out tier and it will decide the winner of the series.

To hosts looking to help out - We're opening up the first four weeks worth of slots first and then the last slots will open up after Week 3 finishes. Hosts cannot play on the day they are hosting! I will aim to spread out assignments so the same host isn't doing both days in a week, which lets them play on the other day if they want.

To those wondering how hosting works - this guide describes pretty much everything, but it won't all apply for various reasons. We will send a DM to every selected host on the forums with something just like this for you to go through before the weeks begin. We also have a #tour-hosts channel in the Ubers Discord that Live hosts will be given the "Tournament Contributor" Discord role to be able to ask questions and all that fun stuff, so you won't be left to figure it out solo. Hosting these tours also counts for something towards the Community Contributor badge
(and Pre-Contributor
) if you were looking for more incentives. So... here's what you can sign up to host right now:

Week 1 - SS Ubers

Saturday 28th August - 10pm GMT -4
Sunday 29th August - 12pm GMT -4

Week 2 - USM Ubers

Saturday 4th September - 10pm GMT -4
Sunday 5th September - 12pm GMT -4

Week 3 - ORAS Ubers

Saturday 11th September - 10pm GMT -4
Sunday 12th September - 12pm GMT -4

Week 4 - SS Ubers (2)

Saturday 18th September - 10pm GMT -4
Sunday 19th September - 12pm GMT -4

Ideally every slot has one primary host and one as a backup. Just post in this thread what days you are willing and available to host! I am looking for someone to handle the spreadsheet, shoot me a PM on discord if you are interested! (Staxi#2973)

Last edited by a moderator:

Staxi

Staxoat
Hello there, a few changes about how the tour will run:

Saturdays: 10pm GMT -4
Sundays: 12pm GMT -4

Those are the new times that the tournament will be run. Why saturdays changed? So we have at least one of the two times that is convenient for almost everyone (Saturdays for Australians and Sundays for EU and US).

About the format, we (a majority + tier leader tony) decided to go with 2 SS / 2 SM / 2 ORAS so the playoffs will start after 6 weeks of live tours and will be Bo3 instead of Bo5 (Bo3 SS/SM/ORAS obviously)

This is the schedule of how the tour will run:

Week 1 - SS
Week 2 - USM
Week 3 - ORAS
Week 4 - SS
Week 5 - USM
Week 6 - ORAS

Aaaaand the hosts:

Week 1 - SS Ubers

Saturday 28th August - 10pm GMT -4 - Primary: Holy Ghost | Backup:
Sunday 29th August - 12pm GMT -4 - Primary: SparksBlade | Backup:

Week 2 - USM Ubers

Saturday 4th September - 10pm GMT -4 - Primary: Aberforth | Backup:
Sunday 5th September - 12pm GMT -4 - Primary: Lasen | Backup:

Week 3 - ORAS Ubers

Saturday 11th September - 10pm GMT -4 - Primary: 7u9i2 | Backup: Holy Ghost
Sunday 12th September - 12pm GMT -4 - Primary: McSim | Backup:

Week 4 - SS Ubers (2)

Saturday 18th September - 10pm GMT -4 - Primary: BasedWhat? | Backup: Basedburner
Sunday 19th September - 12pm GMT -4 - Primary: Eledyr | Backup: Inder

As you can see we are still missing a few backup slots so if you are interested in potentially host, give it a try! If you notice a mistake or if you can no longer make the time you are assigned to please let me know ASAP! Also if you still don't have the Tournament Contributor role and you are an host tag me on the Ubers discord (Staxi#2973) and I will add you.

Last edited:

Staxi

Staxoat
Here are the hosts for week 5 and 6. Thank you to everybody who have hosted so far you guys did great and gl to potential new hosts. :blobnom:

Week 5 - USM Ubers

Saturday 25th September - 10pm GMT -4 - Primary: 7u9i2 | Backup: Aberforth
Sunday 26th September - 12pm GMT -4 - Primary: Lauriane | Backup: Eledyr

Week 6 - ORAS Ubers

Saturday 2nd October - 10pm GMT -4 - Primary: 7u9i2 | Backup: Aberforth
Sunday 3rd October - 12pm GMT -4 - Primary: SparksBlade | Backup: Eledyr

As you can see we are still missing a few backup slots so if you are interested in potentially host, give it a try! If you notice a mistake or if you can no longer make the time you are assigned to please let me know ASAP! Also if you still don't have the Tournament Contributor role and you are an host tag me on the Ubers discord (Staxi#2973) and I will add you to the dedicated chan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)