Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Misty Terrain

Standard EKiller with a small twist. This set features Misty Terrain, which blocks status moves and reduces the power of opposing Dragon Type moves, which can be situationally helpful versus Gira-O. It's a small change over Taunt, but helpful if you're pairing this set with other physical breakers like OTR NDM & Caly-I so you don't have to blow Tera Fire to block WoW.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Normal / Stellar
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Double Edge

Something I saw on ladder, this set sacrifices Taunt for the immediate breaking power of Double Edge. Many would be walls cannot meaningfully check this variant of EKiller well. This set probably works best on Hyper Offense.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 16 HP / 236 Atk / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake / Shadow Claw
- Taunt / Recover

Something I recently saw on ladder. Bulk Up EKiller basically solos physical attackers and breaks Dondozo-less stalls with ease. The EVs are to live Low Kick from Koraidon after Spikes at +1 Defense. You hit 318 speed so you can smack Ray (and Kyurem-B) first.

:Flutter-Mane:

Flutter Mane @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock / Mystical Fire
- Power Gem

IMO, this is the best abuser of Tera Stellar. 4 Attacks Flutter Mane goes hard. This set can hit almost everything for super effective damage. If you're using Tera Stellar, you need to make sure you pack as much coverage as possible. Psyshock is better for hitting Clodsire, while Mystical Fire OHKOs Zacian-C in Sun with a Tera Stellar boost.

Last edited:
This is just a post about my current thoughts regarding the current meta, if you disagree with anything I say, I encourage discussion, there's a lot of stuff that should be said about the current state of Ubers and there is also a lot of stuff I've been hearing that I disagree with. As such, if I address such topics, it's not personal, I just feel the need to mention them.

Until yesterday, I had been postponing grinding the tier for a few days because on day 1 it was very clear to me that Hyper Offense was just insurmountable in terms of playstyle compared to the other archetypes and to be honest, a metagame where something is ters above the rest is boring to me. There are many strategies and variants Hyper Offense can use to push itself even further and while this might seem like this is a new thing due to DLC2, I don't think it is. Prior to this DLC, it was no secret I thought HO was just the best archetype, by a small margin.

After putting it off for a few days, I finally decided to start building and grinding it yesterday. I do think Hyper Offense is the best playstyle still, you can make pretty much anything work in an HO setting and there's a lot of ways to cheese. Nevertheless, I don't think HO is as invincible as I thought it out to be after playing about 50+ games. Balance is definetely starting behind in terms of what to do vs an HO team but, it is nowhere near powerless against it. There are many pokemon that came back and new ones that were implemented that help in this regard.

One might think it is much easier to win with Hyper Offense right now, and while I think it might be true, I do believe balance has a place in the current meta and that we shouldn't be sounding the ban alarms just yet. To be perfectly blunt, from my point of view, I think the "Ban Koraidon" speech is a little too far-fetched at this point. Koraidon doesn't make this metagame unplayable. He is the undisputed king of the metagame right now but I don't think he warrants elimination. There are even more ways to deal with Koraidon than there were prior to this DLC, if you think he is beyond redemption then I think you are mistaken and simply not trying hard enough to search for answers.

If you want full disclosure, I was talking to a friend yesterday about just throwing DLC2 Ubers into the bin because of how bland I thought it was at the time, but, upon playing more I started seeing how complex it is and in less than 24 hours, I changed my whole way of seeing things just by giving different things in it an honest try.

Throughout the year and, little by little, we've been fed new additions to the tier and current meta just feels like the culmination of such a process. We got stuff back that we didn't have last generation and with Terastalization being availiable, stuff that wasn't as viable before has been taken to new heights and I am very glad it is this way. Non-progressive metagames become stagnated quickly, current Scarlet and Violet Ubers feels like it could go on forever. There is just too much stuff yet to be tried and explored.

Now, I want to shed light on some aspects I think I need to address properly:

Koraidon and Miraidon:

The reason why they feel much better is not because they simply got better out of the sudden. We knew the bikes had much more power than the rest of the tier. Nevertheless, the reason why they feel better is because Necrozma-Dusk Mane was re-introduced. Prior to this DLC, the most common way to check the bikes was to do it with Zacian-Crowned, who naturally outsped them and forced to play around in a certain way. Zacian got its natural counter back in the form of Necrozma and therefore there's immediate backlash to using him to do what it previously did in the past. While I think that Zacian is still a good pokemon in DLC 2, Necrozma completely changed the dynamic in which Offense manages trade-offs. There is a lot to gain and little to lose with avoiding to use your Tera with the bikes against a Zacian when you have Necrozma, who can set up on Zacian with ease, in the back. In an offensive metagame, this couldn't be more huge. The cover legends didn't get anything significant other than their perfect partner in NDM, who bullies their most splashable check.

Necrozma-Dusk Mane:

The reason why Offense in general feels much better than other archetypes is because of this guy. It is an actual Steel-type and with Tera it can bypass many of its checks if it really wants to. Not to mention that Photon Geyser and Sunsteel Strike bypass abilities, such as Unaware. Pokemon like Dondozo and Skeledirge cannot attempt to check it. Furthermore, with its amazing defensive typing and good enough bulk and offensive types, it can set up a sweep easily against unprepared teams. It is not invincible though, getting past its natural checks more ofthen than not requires the use of Tera, because of this, there are other pokemon that can capitalize on this and check it when you normally couldn't have. As I said before, it completely changes the dynamic between HO vs HO but, against balance it can suffer from coverage shortage, as many mons in this meta do. Unprepared HOs have a hard time against him depending on the set but it isn't necessarily the case for balance, it's about how you decide to go about handling it with your team.

To conclude, this is a metagame that rewards exploration and deeper understanding of every mon's place in the meta. I think it is too soon to reach a consensus about whether anything needs to be done or not, I ask that we let the meta grow for a bit before jumping into conclusions. As I said before, there is a lot of stuff that needs to be tested. While I do believe this is an offensive metagame and that offensive teams will do much better in general, whether this is good or bad it is up to one's opinion.

If you want to discuss the meta or test / discuss teams, feel free to send me a PM if you see me on as "edgar" on PS Ubers room. I would be more than happy to help.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
This is just a post about my current thoughts regarding the current meta, if you disagree with anything I say, I encourage discussion, there's a lot of stuff that should be said about the current state of Ubers and there is also a lot of stuff I've been hearing that I disagree with. As such, if I address such topics, it's not personal, I just feel the need to mention them.

Until yesterday, I had been postponing grinding the tier for a few days because on day 1 it was very clear to me that Hyper Offense was just insurmountable in terms of playstyle compared to the other archetypes and to be honest, a metagame where something is ters above the rest is boring to me. There are many strategies and variants Hyper Offense can use to push itself even further and while this might seem like this is a new thing due to DLC2, I don't think it is. Prior to this DLC, it was no secret I thought HO was just the best archetype, by a small margin.

After putting it off for a few days, I finally decided to start building and grinding it yesterday. I do think Hyper Offense is the best playstyle still, you can make pretty much anything work in an HO setting and there's a lot of ways to cheese. Nevertheless, I don't think HO is as invincible as I thought it out to be after playing about 50+ games. Balance is definetely starting behind in terms of what to do vs an HO team but, it is nowhere near powerless against it. There are many pokemon that came back and new ones that were implemented that help in this regard.

One might think it is much easier to win with Hyper Offense right now, and while I think it might be true, I do believe balance has a place in the current meta and that we shouldn't be sounding the ban alarms just yet. To be perfectly blunt, from my point of view, I think the "Ban Koraidon" speech is a little too far-fetched at this point. Koraidon doesn't make this metagame unplayable. He is the undisputed king of the metagame right now but I don't think he warrants elimination. There are even more ways to deal with Koraidon than there were prior to this DLC, if you think he is beyond redemption then I think you are mistaken and simply not trying hard enough to search for answers.
I agree with most of what you have written. I wanted to get some clarification about the newfound counterplay you suggest that this DLC brought versus Koraidon, specifically Scale Shot variations. I've tried running Balance teams that implement tools like Tera Fire NDM, Tera Fairy Ho-Oh, and Tera Fairy Lunala to deal with Koraidon, but you'll notice that Koraidon is forcing a proactive defensive Tera in these instances. You could try revenging Korai, but it can adapt and use Tera Ghost to become immune to ESpeed. I think there is enough counterplay to Korai, but its presence is quite challenging for the builder.

What I wanted to get your thoughts on are the effects of Terastallization in the tier. Previously, I felt that Tera was the force that glued the tier together. But now that more threats can abuse Tera like NDM (which imo is the 3rd best mon in the tier) & Deo-A, it feels like proactive Tera's can end games on the spot. This is probably not the best comparison, but I think Tera in DLC2 SV Ubers is similar to Dynamax in DLC2 SS Ubers in that they were barely manageable before, but now too many things can take advantage of them and can flip the game in an instant. Don't get me wrong, Dynamax was definitely a far more broken mechanic. But Tera sometimes feels that way too, and it's partly because of how well the two biggest offensive threats in the tier - Miraidon and Koraidon - can abuse the mechanic.

When speaking about Miraidon and Koraidon, I wonder if they feel difficult to deal with because of Tera, or if they're naturally good without it? In the case of Scale Shot Koraidon, Tera is the only thing that enables it to have sufficient defensive counterplay. Yes, you can argue that it has to hit 5 Scale Shots to break through some of its checks, but when it has a 50-50 chance of doing this (without accounting for hazards, which have next to no removal), I feel the odds are heavily shifted in the Koraidon users favor. It can be revenge-killed, but it is a dangerous threat that can easily take advantage of proactive Tera's. As you mentioned, the existence of NDM means Zacian-C usage takes a hit, which creates a positive feedback loop that amplifies the oppressive effects Koraidon & Miraidon bring to the tier.

Finally, I wanted to end this post by mentioning that I peaked Top 10 on ladder yesterday & have come to believe that while HO and Balance are great playstyles, there is a stall team that Fardin is running which is the most solid build I've seen in this DLC thus far. In time, I'm sure Balance will be the preferred playstyle, but right now, there is very little opportunity cost in running Hyper Offense, so long as they run stallbreakers (which most don't). Most stall teams can be abused and exploited by things like Mewtwo & Deo-A more than CM + Taunt Miraidon or SD + Taunt Koraidon.

I agree with most of what you have written. I wanted to get some clarification about the newfound counterplay you suggest that this DLC brought versus Koraidon, specifically Scale Shot variations. I've tried running Balance teams that implement tools like Tera Fire NDM, Tera Fairy Ho-Oh, and Tera Fairy Lunala to deal with Koraidon, but you'll notice that Koraidon is forcing a proactive defensive Tera in these instances. You could try revenging Korai, but it can adapt and use Tera Ghost to become immune to ESpeed. I think there is enough counterplay to Korai, but its presence is quite challenging for the builder.

What I wanted to get your thoughts on are the effects of Terastallization in the tier. Previously, I felt that Tera was the force that glued the tier together. But now that more threats can abuse Tera like NDM (which imo is the 3rd best mon in the tier) & Deo-A, it feels like proactive Tera's can end games on the spot. This is probably not the best comparison, but I think Tera in DLC2 SV Ubers is similar to Dynamax in DLC2 SS Ubers in that they were barely manageable before, but now too many things can take advantage of them and can flip the game in an instant. Don't get me wrong, Dynamax was definitely a far more broken mechanic. But Tera sometimes feels that way too, and it's partly because of how well the two biggest offensive threats in the tier - Miraidon and Koraidon - can abuse the mechanic.

When speaking about Miraidon and Koraidon, I wonder if they feel difficult to deal with because of Tera, or if they're naturally good without it? In the case of Scale Shot Koraidon, Tera is the only thing that enables it to have sufficient defensive counterplay. Yes, you can argue that it has to hit 5 Scale Shots to break through some of its checks, but when it has a 50-50 chance of doing this (without accounting for hazards, which have next to no removal), I feel the odds are heavily shifted in the Koraidon users favor. It can be revenge-killed, but it is a dangerous threat that can easily take advantage of proactive Tera's. As you mentioned, the existence of NDM means Zacian-C usage takes a hit, which creates a positive feedback loop that amplifies the oppressive effects Koraidon & Miraidon bring to the tier.

Finally, I wanted to end this post by mentioning that I peaked Top 10 on ladder yesterday & have come to believe that while HO and Balance are great playstyles, there is a stall team that Fardin is running which is the most solid build I've seen in this DLC thus far. In time, I'm sure Balance will be the preferred playstyle, but right now, there is very little opportunity cost in running Hyper Offense, so long as they run stallbreakers (which most don't). Most stall teams can be abused and exploited by things like Mewtwo & Deo-A more than CM + Taunt Miraidon or SD + Taunt Koraidon.
Thank you for your reply, your post is very well written and addresses some of the points I talked about. When it comes to checking Koraidon, it can feel oppressive for sure. I think balance has a harder time adapting to it than offense does just because Offense can take certain shortcuts when it comes to checking stuff like Koraidon.

In balance I feel like you always need both a Dragon and a Fire resist in order to deal with Koraidon as best as possible. Some stuff I've been running on balance that has helped deal with Koraidon is:

Physically Defensive Arceus Fairy (Tera Water) + Defensive Kyogre (Tera Fairy)

Wish & Encore Scream Tail (Tera Water) + CM Ice Beam Arceus Water (Tera Poison)

Physically Defensive Lunala (Tera Water) + Gliscor (Tera Water) + Kyogre (Tera Fairy)

Let's remember than in normal circumstances, Koraidon has essentially 3 STABs. I think that going in just relying on one mon to deal with Koraidon is opening up a lot of circumstances where it doesn't work as one would hope. Koraidon has needed much more attention than any other mon in SV but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing unless you are forced to run stuff that is only needed to deal with Koraidon and does nothing else. I don't think the cores I mentioned fit into that category, personally. And that's not even talking about the offensive options such as Iron Bundle, Flutter Mane and priority mons. I have to say though, there is always going to be some level of oppression when the top tier pokemon rely as much as attention as Koraidon does but I don't think it pushes it over the edge. It just means some things are going to be more viable because of it and other things won't.

About Tera in Ubers, I believe Tera is keeping the tier actually playable. There are mons that if you weren't given the option to Tera they would simply be unstoppable, Koraidon is a good example of this. I don't think I am the only one who thinks Koraidon would have been banned already if Tera wasn't a thing. In my opinion, Ubers is not as oppressive as one might think just because you can also use your Tera and soft-check some stuff with it. Do you have some concrete examples where you feel like proactive Tera just shifts the game in the aforementioned threats' favor? I think with Miraidon and Koraidon we have a very clear idea of how they operate by now but, I think I want to hear your thoughts about how NDM does this in a similar way because, to my understanding, how NDM uses tera is more similar to how Calyrex-Ice does it.

I think we will eventually shift to a point where we'll feel comfortable running balanced and bulkier stuff. Theres a lot of stuff that in theory works nicely to address some of the biggest threats but only enough testing and letting us play with that will take us to that point but yeah, right now, Hyper Offense does feel like the way to go.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Thank you for your reply, your post is very well written and addresses some of the points I talked about. When it comes to checking Koraidon, it can feel oppressive for sure. I think balance has a harder time adapting to it than offense does just because Offense can take certain shortcuts when it comes to checking stuff like Koraidon.

In balance I feel like you always need both a Dragon and a Fire resist in order to deal with Koraidon as best as possible. Some stuff I've been running on balance that has helped deal with Koraidon is:

Physically Defensive Arceus Fairy (Tera Water) + Defensive Kyogre (Tera Fairy)

Wish & Encore Scream Tail (Tera Water) + CM Ice Beam Arceus Water (Tera Poison)

Physically Defensive Lunala (Tera Water) + Gliscor (Tera Water) + Kyogre (Tera Fairy)

Let's remember than in normal circumstances, Koraidon has essentially 3 STABs. I think that going in just relying on one mon to deal with Koraidon is opening up a lot of circumstances where it doesn't work as one would hope. Koraidon has needed much more attention than any other mon in SV but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing unless you are forced to run stuff that is only needed to deal with Koraidon and does nothing else. I don't think the cores I mentioned fit into that category, personally. And that's not even talking about the offensive options such as Iron Bundle, Flutter Mane and priority mons. I have to say though, there is always going to be some level of oppression when the top tier pokemon rely as much as attention as Koraidon does but I don't think it pushes it over the edge. It just means some things are going to be more viable because of it and other things won't.

About Tera in Ubers, I believe Tera is keeping the tier actually playable. There are mons that if you weren't given the option to Tera they would simply be unstoppable, Koraidon is a good example of this. I don't think I am the only one who thinks Koraidon would have been banned already if Tera wasn't a thing. In my opinion, Ubers is not as oppressive as one might think just because you can also use your Tera and soft-check some stuff with it. Do you have some concrete examples where you feel like proactive Tera just shifts the game in the aforementioned threats' favor? I think with Miraidon and Koraidon we have a very clear idea of how they operate by now but, I think I want to hear your thoughts about how NDM does this in a similar way because, to my understanding, how NDM uses tera is more similar to how Calyrex-Ice does it.

I think we will eventually shift to a point where we'll feel comfortable running balanced and bulkier stuff. Theres a lot of stuff that in theory works nicely to address some of the biggest threats but only enough testing and letting us play with that will take us to that point but yeah, right now, Hyper Offense does feel like the way to go.
Thank you for the kind response. I hadn't even thought about some of these cores, which makes me want to explore different defensive backbones and further improve my building.

An example of where I feel a proactive Tera can completely flip a matchup with NDM is when it uses a Weakness Policy Set coupled with Trick Room and Tera Fire, which is functionally similar to Caly-Ice as you mentioned. It only takes one turn to absorb a potential burn or hit and use Trick Room to flip an offense matchup. What distinguishes NDM from Caly-I is its ability to hold an item outside of HDB. Prism Armor further compounds its bulk, and I've found this set to be extremely difficult to deal with outside of hard Stall. At +2, Offensive Pivot Ho-Oh always gets OHKO'd by Photon Geyser. I've even started pairing non-Tera Fire variants of NDM with Misty Terrain support to prevent burns so NDM can run Tera Psychic, which can OHKO Defensive Ho-Oh with +2 Photon Geyser.

When it comes to Miraidon / Koraidon abusing Tera, sometimes they can just power through things like Arceus-Fairy if you don't Tera yourself right away. I'm sure you know about the interactions, but I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes it becomes difficult to determine when is the best time to Tera and the dire consequence of what happens if you overpredict and blow your Tera early on, which usually leads to a loss. The guessing games with Tera make it so you almost certainly need more than one form of counterplay against offensive Tera abusers, but in some matchups (like Screens HO with TR NDM), the NDM user can claim multiple KOs & cause unrepairable holes if they're piloting optimally.

Thank you for the kind response. I hadn't even thought about some of these cores, which makes me want to explore different defensive backbones and further improve my building.

An example of where I feel a proactive Tera can completely flip a matchup with NDM is when it uses a Weakness Policy Set coupled with Trick Room and Tera Fire, which is functionally similar to Caly-Ice as you mentioned. It only takes one turn to absorb a potential burn or hit and use Trick Room to flip an offense matchup. What distinguishes NDM from Caly-I is its ability to hold an item outside of HDB. Prism Armor further compounds its bulk, and I've found this set to be extremely difficult to deal with outside of hard Stall. At +2, Offensive Pivot Ho-Oh always gets OHKO'd by Photon Geyser. I've even started pairing non-Tera Fire variants of NDM with Misty Terrain support to prevent burns so NDM can run Tera Psychic, which can OHKO Defensive Ho-Oh with +2 Photon Geyser.

When it comes to Miraidon / Koraidon abusing Tera, sometimes they can just power through things like Arceus-Fairy if you don't Tera yourself right away. I'm sure you know about the interactions, but I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes it becomes difficult to determine when is the best time to Tera and the dire consequence of what happens if you overpredict and blow your Tera early on, which usually leads to a loss. The guessing games with Tera make it so you almost certainly need more than one form of counterplay against offensive Tera abusers, but in some matchups (like Screens HO with TR NDM), the NDM user can claim multiple KOs & cause unrepairable holes if they're piloting optimally.
That's a totally fair point, you're right on the money with NDM. The TR set on HO is top notch and a tera can result in multiple KOs, It definetely needs more cautious approaches during the game but I think to an extent you can see it coming. I think phazers are always options we can try to deal with this sort of pokemon, mons like defensive Groudon and Ho-Oh can potentially do well. Other options I see people use are Iron Defense Skarmory / Corviknight. I think the latter is easier to justify because Defog users are always good and there are plenty of other Spike users, not to mention Corviknight has Pressure, so it can stall out Necrozma more easily. Nevertheless, unless you face something like Tera Blast Fire or Heat Wave both are fair game.

Good luck trying out those options, there are many mons we've yet to try and I think this is the best part of a new metagame.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Just to give my take, I fully expect the meta to go back to a more BO-centric one as time passes. People need time to realize what the good defensive cores and options are, while slapping a Grimmsnarl/Deo-S + 4/5 Set-up sweepers is the most obvious thing in the world. Let's not forget that NDM and Ho-Oh are two defensive giants that we just got in this DLC. Offensive NDM is definitely a huge boon to HO teams (its offensive capability is great in addition to checking a myriad of threats like Zacian), but I don't think it's unbeatable with options like your own Defensive NDM, Waterceus, Lando-T or Skarmory around. Stuff like Tera Ho-Oh can help in a pinch too.

I'd also like to say that I'm personally against a Tera suspect at this time. It feels that with Scale Shot Koraidon's current dominance, getting rid of tera would only reduce the counterplay options against it instead of helping.

Speaking of, I'm mixed on the issue of Koraidon atm. It's certainly extremely strong, with its Scale Shot set basically having only a few viable ways to deal with it on BO/Balance:

1.) Tera Water Defensive Fairyceus (Preferably with Twave)
2.) Tera Fairy Skeledirge
3.) Lando-T + Pseudo-checks like Waterceus/Ogre/Flutter Mane

While these are pretty few and limited options, limiting building fairly hard, it IS still more than what Caly-S or SS Zacian had. Still, Koraidon really pushes the boundaries, having I believe above 80% usage in SCL means there's definitely a strong over-centralization argument to be made. Correct predictions with Tera and Scale Shot luck can let Koraidon in theory break through all three of the options above. In addition, Koraidon's lack of revenge killers means that the common scenario of Base 135 Speed ties comes up way too often, as only Scarf Korai/Mirai/Flutter Mane in Sun have the necessary speed to tie Koraidon after a Scale Shot boost, which is definitely not an ideal thing to have in a competitive metagame.

As a council member, I am curious to know other people's thoughts on Koraidon, so let's keep the discussion going:heart:

Hey ZoL, I just wanted to jump in and say that ur screens hyper offense team that jimothy cool featured was one of my favorite teams I ever used and took it to top 30 ubers in my first week of playing ubers. Im not comfortable building much outside OU but it helped me learn the tier a lot and had super intuitive win conditions and end games

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
:Koraidon:

Koraidon @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire / Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Temper Flare / Flare Blitz
- Scale Shot

Thanks to the inclusion of all the new offensive threats this DLC bestowed us with, Koraidon's usual checks like Skeledirge and Toxapex have decreased in usage. More and more Balance teams are heavily relying on Arceus-Fairy and defensive Tera Fairy to stop Koraidon. Unfortunately, this DLC granted Koraidon with the Fire-type equivalent of Stomping Tantrum. What this means is if Koraidon is unable to land Scale Shot due to accuracy or a Fairy-resist, it gains access to a 150 BP "STAB" move, which can further be powered up via Terastallizing.

+2 252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 204+ Def Arceus-Fairy in Sun: 442-520 (99.7 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

This calc is without Terastallization & hazards. Yes, it's a niche move and situational. But it's just another tool that Koraidon can run to surprise opponents and put them in a bad position. The neat thing about this move is it does not incur recoil damage, which gives Koraidon some much needed longevity.

+2 252 Atk Tera Fire Koraidon Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 240 HP / 204+ Def Tera Fairy Kyogre in Rain: 202-238 (50.3 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery

Even more absurd, it can 2HKO Defensive Tera Fairy Ogre in Rain after Terastallizing.

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:Koraidon:

Koraidon @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Low Kick / Substitute / Taunt
- Temper Flare

Thanks to the inclusion of all the new offensive threats this DLC bestowed us with, Koraidon's usual checks like Skeledirge and Toxapex have decreased in usage. More and more Balance teams are heavily relying on Arceus-Fairy and defensive Tera Fairy to stop Koraidon. Unfortunately, this DLC granted Koraidon with the Fire-type equivalent of Stomping Tantrum. What this means is if Koraidon is unable to land Scale Shot due to accuracy or a Fairy-resist, it gains access to a 150 "STAB" move, which can further be powered up via Terastallizing.

+2 252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 204+ Def Arceus-Fairy in Sun: 442-520 (99.7 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

This calc is without Terastallization & hazards. Yes, it's a niche move and situational. But it's just another tool that Koraidon can run to surprise opponents and put them in a bad position. The neat thing about this move is it does not incur recoil damage, which gives Koraidon some much needed longevity.

+2 252 Atk Tera Fire Koraidon Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 240 HP / 204+ Def Tera Fairy Kyogre in Rain: 202-238 (50.3 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery

Even more absurd, it can 2HKO Defensive Tera Fairy Ogre in Rain after Terastallizing.
I think the real dilemma between temper flare and flare blitz is how do you want to kill Necrozma. +2 temper flare doesn't instantly kill max def Necrozma while flare blitz will and there's always the risk that it's carrying weakness policy. Koraidon can tank an uninvested photon geyser from full but it dies to invested ones. Tera fire is also a bit of a commitment because extreme killer is still a bit extreme so Koraidon, if forced out, can struggle if rocks are up. This doesn't take anything away from Koraidon's dominance but it is something to think about

Also, doesn't temper flare's boost only work on the turn after your last attack fails and not the turn after?

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
I think the real dilemma between temper flare and flare blitz is how do you want to kill Necrozma. +2 temper flare doesn't instantly kill max def Necrozma while flare blitz will and there's always the risk that it's carrying weakness policy. Koraidon can tank an uninvested photon geyser from full but it dies to invested ones. Tera fire is also a bit of a commitment because extreme killer is still a bit extreme so Koraidon, if forced out, can struggle if rocks are up. This doesn't take anything away from Koraidon's dominance but it is something to think about

Also, doesn't temper flare's boost only work on the turn after your last attack fails and not the turn after?
All fair points. The dilemma ultimately boils down to whether your opponent has used Terastallization or not. Both Flare Blitz and Temper Flare OHKO Phys Def NDM at +2, only Temper Flare requires Tera Fire to do so. I personally think that on Temper Flare sets, Koraidon can benefit more from Substitute than Low Kick to avoid being revenge killed.

You are correct in that Temper Flare’s boost only works the turn after an attack fails. But I listed the 50% damage to Defensive Tera Fairy Ogre in Rain more so to show just how powerful the move can be.

Ok, I've taken my vacation from the tier, and while I miss pre ID Ubers, it's time to move on. How do I deal with Grimmsnarl (my despised please ban this thing) without gimping my team against other team styles. Scizor is all well and good but it's not as useful against non Grimmsnarl teams as something else in that slot would be. Talonflame is only good against grimmsnarl teams, and brick break zacian just feels like a fucking meme.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Ok, I've taken my vacation from the tier, and while I miss pre ID Ubers, it's time to move on. How do I deal with Grimmsnarl (my despised please ban this thing) without gimping my team against other team styles. Scizor is all well and good but it's not as useful against non Grimmsnarl teams as something else in that slot would be. Talonflame is only good against grimmsnarl teams, and brick break zacian just feels like a fucking meme.
The way you beat Screens is preventing Grimmsnarl from setting up both Reflect & Light Screen more than once per game. You could pressure it by leading with threats like Zacian-C, Flutter Mane, and Kingambit. Zacian-C creates an interesting interaction where the Grimmsnarl user must choose between using Taunt or Reflect. Screens HO is far from invincible & can easily be beat if you prepare accordingly. No need to run gimmicky mons + sets like Scizor & Brick Break Zacian.

Last edited:
y'know I am a huge believer in Reshiram, and I think her ability to handle steel and fairy types is useful, very underrated.
Her bulk is also notable for being able to eat a lot of attacks that would otherwise stop you from switching in.

Reshiram @ Assault Vest
Ability: Turboblaze
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

Am I wrong? Maybe so, but I have seen this set work wonders, as the primals are no longer here to bully her
shadow ball reshiram, filling in the void from roost

After a lot of games, decided to throw my uninteresting 2 cents about the metagame.

Not gonna lie, this has to be the most frustrating experience I had during my laddering.

The reasoning behind this frustration is simple:

- Terastalize and Koraidon just makes the mind game unbearable. Having to guess the tera type and the moment where the opponent is going to tera just makes your gameplan worthless. If you ever happen to have a mon locked into a move and Koraidon sets up Swords Dance and Scale Shot it’s basically over

- Terastalize as a whole. While you can « predict » what Tera type the opponent is probably running, it is really unsatisfying to try to set up your mon just to end up losing 2-3 turns because the opponent Terad into a Fairy, Ground or whatsoever. It just makes a lot of mons unusable. Stelar type is what should have been Tera to begin with if I had to be fair. The timing in which you use the tera has such an immense impact that it changes a game you had winning to an instant loss.

- Miraidon is an extremely versatile mon and I had a blast using the tera flying sub cm set. Makes a matchup you lose vs Clodsire (that for some reason people are running Unaware now instead of Water absorb?) to a deadly sweeper. Again, the ability to tera between Fairy, Flying, Electric, Dragon, Grass is just too much for this to be just a simple mon to check.

- Whoever says Dual Screens is not busted has not face it enough. There is no gain to lead Zacian, being reflect on and then parting shot into Necrozma Dusk Mane. All you do in best case is waste up your tera Ground but really this matchup is hard. The lack of Defoggers outside Gira O makes this playstyle a real menace.

- lastly, Ekiller being Ekiller is just annoying and the fact it tera into ghost to make Ditto useless or play a 50/50 is plainly bs. Add to that the fact that Koraidon runs Tera Ghost is just for Ekiller.

Yeah, this gen has a lot going for it but it feels frustrating to me

After a lot of games, decided to throw my uninteresting 2 cents about the metagame.

Not gonna lie, this has to be the most frustrating experience I had during my laddering.

- Terastalize and Koraidon just makes the mind game unbearable. Having to guess the tera type and the moment where the opponent is going to tera just makes your gameplan worthless. If you ever happen to have a mon locked into a move and Koraidon sets up Swords Dance and Scale Shot it’s basically over

- Terastalize as a whole. While you can « predict » what Tera type the opponent is probably running, it is really unsatisfying to try to set up your mon just to end up losing 2-3 turns because the opponent Terad into a Fairy, Ground or whatsoever. It just makes a lot of mons unusable. Stelar type is what should have been Tera to begin with if I had to be fair. The timing in which you use the tera has such an immense impact that it changes a game you had winning to an instant loss.

- Miraidon is an extremely versatile mon and I had a blast using the tera flying sub cm set. Makes a matchup you lose vs Clodsire (that for some reason people are running Unaware now instead of Water absorb?) to a deadly sweeper. Again, the ability to tera between Fairy, Flying, Electric, Dragon, Grass is just too much for this to be just a simple mon to check.

- Whoever says Dual Screens is not busted has not face it enough. There is no gain to lead Zacian, being reflect on and then parting shot into Necrozma Dusk Mane. All you do in best case is waste up your tera Ground but really this matchup is hard. The lack of Defoggers outside Gira O makes this playstyle a real menace.

- lastly, Ekiller being Ekiller is just annoying and the fact it tera into ghost to make Ditto useless or play a 50/50 is plainly bs. Add to that the fact that Koraidon runs Tera Ghost is just for Ekiller.

true, even without gholdengo hazard stack is everywhere.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.

Having played hundreds of SV Ubers games over the last two weeks, building dozens of teams, and recently peaking ladder, I wanted to give my two cents about the state of the tier regarding the three unhealthiest culprits: (1) Koraidon, (2) Terastallization, and (3) Miraidon.

1. :Koraidon: - Little needs to be said about how restrictive Scale Shot variants of this are to the builder. The simple fact is that Koraidon forces nearly every team composition to run multiple Fairy types. You cannot get away with having a single defensive check. Some players argue that a timely Tera Fairy from things like Ho-Oh, Lunala, and Arceus-Water can stop Korai immediately. I've started using Substitute over Low Kick to force a Tera Fairy from would-be "checks," only to OHKO them with +2 Flare Blitz. When it comes to checking Koraidon, you're forced to allocate at least two slots, use up at least two defensive tera types, and pack a revenge killer for insurance (although Tera Ghost Korai cucks priority moves from EKiller). Koraidon is about as oppressive to the builder as SV Calyrex-S was. Sure, Calyrex-S had no checks and could snowball way faster, but their overly restrictive stronghold on the builder is asinine. Calyrex-S mandated a Normal type + 1-2 more defensive tera's to "play around it." Koraidon is doing nearly the exact same thing. It's a bad faith argument to list a bunch of mons used in conjunction to check a single threat that can potentially out-predict and end games instantly. The most solid defensive core versus Scale Shot Koraidon is Tera Fairy Kyogre + Arceus-Fairy. While Koraidon will not (usually) outright win on the spot, a skillful player will force their opponent to use their Tera early on in the game and then take advantage of this interaction with other threats like Zacian-C & Miraidon. Remember, the game is a 6v6, not a 1v6.
  2. Terastallization - This mechanic is only tolerable because Koraidon exists in the tier. If it weren't for Tera, Koraidon would somehow be even worse than it is now. However, the fact is that Tera turns the game into a defined sequence of 50-50s. As Carl Murray mentioned, a timely Tera can flip the game from a winning position to a losing one. While Terastallization promotes "skillful gameplay," a fine line exists between outplaying your opponent and winning a potentially game-ending 50-50. Terastallization can be abused offensively & defensively by too many things, but what makes the mechanic unhealthy is boiling pivotal turns against the plethora of dangerous threats that reign over the tier to a guessing game, detracting from the mechanic's overall competitiveness.
  3. :Miraidon: - While not as oppressive as Koraidon, Miraidon has no defensive checks, thanks to Tera. It can power through every one of them. The way players deal with Miraidon is by revenge-killing it. However, on certain team structures, such as Screens Hyper Offense, Miraidon can afford to run a Weakness Policy Double Dance set, which can 6-0 teams on the spot if it's Tera Stellar. CM + Taunt Miraidon can single-handedly wipe fatter teams out, while Sub + CM Tera Flying Miraidon feasts on teams relying on Clodsire to check it.
To be perfectly blunt, the current state of SV Ubers is volatile & pitiful. Both Koraidon and Miraidon feast off Tera, yet Tera is the main force keeping them "in check." However, the mechanic turns nearly every game into a 50-50. Each of these forces amplifies their oppressiveness through a chain-like positive feedback loop. I would argue this is the order in which things need to be examined in order for the tier to truly flourish.

Last edited:
Having played hundreds of SV Ubers games over the last two weeks, building dozens of teams, and recently peaking ladder, I wanted to give my two cents about the state of the tier regarding the three unhealthiest culprits: (1) Koraidon, (2) Terastallization, and (3) Miraidon.

1. :Koraidon: - Little needs to be said about how restrictive Scale Shot variants of this are to the builder. The simple fact is that Koraidon forces nearly every team composition to run multiple Fairy types. You cannot get away with having a single defensive check. Some players argue that a timely Tera Fairy from things like Ho-Oh, Lunala, and Arceus-Water can stop Korai immediately. I've started using Substitute over Low Kick to force a Tera Fairy from would-be "checks," only to OHKO them with +2 Flare Blitz. When it comes to checking Koraidon, you're forced to allocate at least two slots, use up at least two defensive tera types, and pack a revenge killer for insurance (although Tera Ghost Korai cucks priority moves from EKiller). Koraidon is about as oppressive to the builder as SV Calyrex-S was. Sure, Calyrex-S had no checks and could snowball way faster, but their overly restrictive stronghold on the builder is asinine. Calyrex-S mandated a Normal type + 1-2 more defensive tera's to "play around it." Koraidon is doing nearly the exact same thing. It's a bad faith argument to list a bunch of mons used in conjunction to check a single threat that can potentially out-predict and end games instantly. The most solid defensive core versus Scale Shot Koraidon is Tera Fairy Kyogre + Arceus-Fairy. While Koraidon will not (usually) outright win on the spot, a skillful player will force their opponent to use their Tera early on in the game and then take advantage of this interaction with other threats like Zacian-C & Miraidon. Remember, the game is a 6v6, not a 1v6.
  2. Terastallization - This mechanic is only tolerable because Koraidon exists in the tier. If it weren't for Tera, Koraidon would somehow be even worse than it is now. However, the fact is that Tera turns the game into a defined sequence of 50-50s. As Carl Murray mentioned, a timely Tera can flip the game from a winning position to a losing one. While Terastallization promotes "skillful gameplay," a fine line exists between outplaying your opponent and winning a potentially game-ending 50-50. Terastallization can be abused offensively & defensively by too many things, but what makes the mechanic unhealthy is boiling pivotal turns against the plethora of dangerous threats that reign over the tier to a guessing game, detracting from the mechanic's overall competitiveness.
  3. :Miraidon: - While not as oppressive as Koraidon, Miraidon has no defensive checks, thanks to Tera. It can power through every one of them. The way players deal with Miraidon is by revenge-killing it. However, on certain team structures, such as Screens Hyper Offense, Miraidon can afford to run a Weakness Policy Double Dance set, which can 6-0 teams on the spot if it's Tera Stellar. CM + Taunt Miraidon can single-handedly wipe fatter teams out, while Sub + CM Tera Flying Miraidon feasts on teams relying on Clodsire to check it.
To be perfectly blunt, the current state of SV Ubers is volatile & pitiful. Both Koraidon and Miraidon feast off Tera, yet Tera is the main force keeping them "in check." However, the mechanic turns nearly every game into a 50-50. Each of these forces amplifies their oppressiveness through a chain-like positive feedback loop. I would argue this is the order in which things need to be examined in order for the tier to truly flourish.
wait, isnt tera stellar only a one time boost? i dont see it being remotely viable on anything tbh.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
wait, isnt tera stellar only a one time boost? i dont see it being remotely viable on anything tbh.
It's useful on LO 4 Attacks Flutter Mane & WP Miraidon

+3 252+ SpA Hadron Engine Tera Stellar Miraidon Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire: 500-590 (107.7 - 127.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252+ SpA Hadron Engine Tera Stellar Miraidon Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 434-512 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes.

Tera Stellar enables Double Dance Mirai to actually break Clodsire, which would otherwise wall usual Double Dance sets. It's one of the main reasons why stall teams are unviable right now.

Last edited:

Carl you know you are my g but, come on now. This post hardly expresses the depth of the topic you're speaking of and the fact that other people have used it as a compass to express their discomfort kinda speaks of the dynamics of SV in a very shallow and misleading way. I will go through your points one by one.
No it doesn't, it does not make your gameplan worthless and there is no mindgame lost. It seems we're going back to early SV times thinking tera revolves around "50-50s". Most arguments expressing discomfrort when it comes to tera revolve around this and it is hardly the case, tera types depend in their majority on teambuilding composition, there is always logic behind them. If you were in a position where Koraidon using Tera would end the game for you then it was probably because you put yourself there or your team was not good enough to account for Koraidon changing types. It is often not a matter of mindgames but rather of skillful play and building.

Can you provide concrete examples of this? How do you end up losing 2-3 turns after your opponent teras? What mons are unviable because of this dynamic? Yeah, activating your tera completely changes the outlook of the game, but that doesn't mean it is completely lost because your opponent did first. It is essentially one's trump card and you need to use it correctly. A skillful or bad tera can end games for you or your opponent respectively, it's not a one sided mechanic. It takes metagamme knowledge to know what tera types are more common on each mon, it comes with experience and play.

Miraidon is a mon that when it comes down to it, it has little potential to be checked defensively. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that it's impossible to do so, If your team loses to any of the different sets Miraidon can use then it is simply not a good team, period. This is a top tier mon, you should be prepared to face even the most uncommon of its sets.

I've played against screens with more passive teams and never lost to them. I've also played screens with HO and never lost to a single screens team. Excuse the tone but, if you are having a hard time against screens then what are you even using? I am not saying playing against screens doesn't require a degree of good play but, at this point, if you can't comfortably beat screens then I don't know what to tell you, it's one of most common archetypes for a reason.

Ekiller doesn't use Ghost tera for Ditto, mainly for opposing ekiller and Koraidon's Low Kick. Koraidon uses Tera Ghost for Ekiller but that means fire moves will never get STAB boost, I think this is a very important point people miss talking about sometimes, the stuff you give up for using a certain tera type. If Miraidon uses tera fairy, it is not weak to Dragon or fairy but it is weak to Steel. If Koraidon uses tera fire it better end the game there, otherwise it is weak to rocks, not to mention, water and ground.

Gonna reply to this post too as it sits upon Carl's

1. I don't get how restriction in the builder is a cornerstone of pro-ban argument. Throughout its gens, Ubers has had more restrictive pokemon than Scale Shot Koraidon; Primal Groudon, Xerneas, Calyrex-S in gen 8, and none of them were considered banworthy when it came down to it. Needing multiple fairies is a fallacy, you can just run 1 fairy and a decent fire resist and play around it. Also, the fact that you need multiple phisically defenive mons on your team is not solely attributed to him, some of the best pokemon on the tier are physical sweepers; Necrozma, Ekiller, DD Groundceus, Rayquaza, to name a few. You need several physically defensive pokemon because just checking Koraidon doesn't win you the game. You also mention something important, Koraidon doesn't necessarily win on the spot, you are comparing to Caly-S, prior to Calyrex-S' ban, it was plainly obvious that the play who set up with him first won. Same was the case with pokemon like Mega-Rayquaza back in gen 6.

2. I've spoken enough on Tera and my stance is still the same, it is a healthy mechanic, it is nowhere near toxic as some people make it out to be, if Tera keeps Ubers playable as you mention in your post then it should not be a topic of discussion, plain and simple. The 50-50s argument has been oversaturated since the release of SV and as I've said many times before, those are often very specific and can be avoided a lot of times.

3. See what I replied to Carl addressing Miraidon. Some sets are often also telegraphed to the point where its easy to see them coming, personally, I don't see Miraidon sets as unpredictable as people make them out to be.

People are entitled to their opinion and it is often cathartic to post it here. But the way these posts are being written is by recycling the same arguments people have been using since the beginning of the genrration. I don't see how current gen is less playable than where it was prior to this DLC. I'd say we are well within the adaptation peiod and there is no clear "suspect" that just makes it not worth playing or simply uncompetitive. If those pokemon were as unhealthy and outright uncompetitive as recent posts have made them out to be, they would have been banned months ago.

Last edited:

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Carl you know you are my g but, come on now. This post hardly expresses the depth of the topic you're speaking of and the fact that other people have used it as a compass to express their discomfort kinda speaks of the dynamics of SV in a very shallow and misleading way. I will go through your points one by one.

No it doesn't, it does not make your gameplan worthless and there is no mindgame lost. It seems we're going back to early SV times thinking tera revolves around "50-50s". Most arguments expressing discomfrort when it comes to tera revolve around this and it is hardly the case, tera types depend in their majority on teambuilding composition, there is always logic behind them. If you were in a position where Koraidon using Tera would end the game for you then it was probably because you put yourself there or your team was not good enough to account for Koraidon changing types. It is often not a matter of mindgames but rather of skillful play and building.

Can you provide concrete examples of this? How do you end up losing 2-3 turns after your opponent teras? What mons are unviable because of this dynamic? Yeah, activating your tera completely changes the outlook of the game, but that doesn't mean it is completely lost because your opponent did first. It is essentially one's trump card and you need to use it correctly. A skillful or bad tera can end games for you or your opponent respectively, it's not a one sided mechanic. It takes metagamme knowledge to know what tera types are more common on each mon, it comes with experience and play.

Miraidon is a mon that when it comes down to it, it has little potential to be checked defensively. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that it's impossible to do so, If your team loses to any of the different sets Miraidon can use then it is simply not a good team, period. This is a top tier mon, you should be prepared to face even the most uncommon of its sets.

I've played against screens with more passive teams and never lost to them. I've also played screens with HO and never lost to a single screens team. Excuse the tone but, if you are having a hard time against screens then what are you even using? I am not saying playing against screens doesn't require a degree of good play but, at this point, if you can't comfortably beat screens then I don't know what to tell you, it's one of most common archetypes for a reason.

Ekiller doesn't use Ghost tera for Ditto, mainly for opposing ekiller and Koraidon's Low Kick. Koraidon uses Tera Ghost for Ekiller but that means fire moves will never get STAB boost, I think this is a very important point people miss talking about sometimes, the stuff you give up for using a certain tera type. If Miraidon uses tera fairy, it is not weak to Dragon or fairy but it is weak to Steel. If Koraidon uses tera fire it better end the game there, otherwise it is weak to rocks, not to mention, water and ground.

Gonna reply to this post too as it sits upon Carl's

1. I don't get how restriction in the builder is a cornerstone of pro-ban argument. Throughout its gens, Ubers has had more restrictive pokemon than Scale Shot Koraidon, Primal Groudon, Xerneas, Calyrex-S in gen 8, and none of them were considered banworthy when it came down to it. Needing multiple fairies is a fallacy, you can just run 1 fairy and a decent fire resist and play around it. Also, the fact that you need multiple phisically defenive mons on your team is not solely attributed to him, some of the best pokemon on the tier are physical sweepers; Necrozma, Ekiller, DD Groundceus, Rayquaza, to name a few. You need several physically defensive pokemon because just checking Koraidon doesn't win you the game. You also mention something important, Koraidon doesn't necessarily win on the spot, you are comparing to Caly-S, prior to Calyrex-S' ban, it was plainly obvious that the play who set up with him first won. Same was the case with pokemon like Mega-Rayquaza back in gen 6.

2. I've spoken enough on Tera and my stance is still the same, it is a healthy mechanic, it is nowhere near toxic as some people make it out to be, if Tera keeps Ubers playable as you mention in your post then it should not be a topic of discussion, plain and simple. The 50-50s argument has been oversaturated since the release of SV and as I've said many times before, those are often very specific and can be avoided a lot of times.

3. See what I replied to Carl addressing Miraidon. Some sets are often also telegraphed to the point where its easy to see them coming, personally, I don't see Miraidon sets as unpredictable as people make them out to be.

People are entitled to their opinion and it is often cathartic to post it here. But the way these posts are being written is by recycling the same arguments people have been using since the beginning of the genrration. I don't see how current gen is less playable than where it was prior to this DLC. I'd say we are well within the adaptation peiod and there is no clear "suspect" that just makes it not worth playing or simply uncompetitive. If those pokemon were as unhealthy and outright uncompetitive as recent posts have made them out to be, they would have been banned months ago.
Thank you for writing out a well-written post. I think at this point, our opinions will differ too greatly on the subject matter. Enjoyability is subjective, but I genuinely have never found a metagame as depriving & volatile as SV Ubers due to Koraidon - and this is coming from someone who peaked the ladder (hours of my life I'll never get back). As compared to SS Caly-S, I think Koraidon certainly would have more community support for action being taken. Ultimately, we'll have to agree to disagree, but discourse is great for metagame development. My suggestion (to the Ubers council and TLs) would be to release a community survey prior to the start of UWC to see how experienced players feel vs the general community. I'm sure many seasoned veterans are divisive on the aforementioned points of contention.

Happy New Year!

Thank you for writing out a well-written post. I think at this point, our opinions will differ too greatly on the subject matter. Enjoyability is subjective, but I genuinely have never found a metagame as depriving & volatile as SV Ubers due to Koraidon - and this is coming from someone who peaked the ladder (hours of my life I'll never get back). As compared to SS Caly-S, I think Koraidon certainly would have more community support for action being taken. Ultimately, we'll have to agree to disagree, but discourse is great for metagame development. My suggestion (to the Ubers council and TLs) would be to release a community survey prior to the start of UWC to see how experienced players feel vs the general community. I'm sure many seasoned veterans are divisive on the aforementioned points of contention.

Happy New Year!
Thanks for the reply but, I disagree on the community poll. I think UWC is the perfect tournament to test the current meta. It is the first team tournament of the year and meta progression always makes its way in that kind of tournament if there is some to have. If there is going to be a community survey, I think it should be after the first team tournament of the year and people have been given a real chance to look at the meta's progression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)