Project Ubers Player Spotlight #3: Terracotta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Nayrz
Changed 'Ubers Player of the Week' from Arii Stella

1530489413472.png

Ubers Player Spotlight - #2

Ubers Player Spotlight is the place where I interview notable and respected players from Ubers, the tier where the fiercest monsters combat and exert apocalyptic force. People I choose to interview are the elite players who excel at taming the strongest monsters and have been consistent throughout tournaments and is well respected by the community.

I am open to suggestions (DMDW#8155) about the players that can be interviewed, but please keep in mind that suggested players are subjects to review by me and Ubers moderation team. With that out of the way...

Spotlight #2:

Most Known For:

Ubers Room Voice. Being a demigod. Seasonals finalist. Best ubers memer. Zygarde abuser. Current generation meta definer.

Favorite Pokémon:

Whimsicott.

Overview:

I'm a 21 year old Italian Stallion who works as a full time model and part time mma fighter. If you see me online for too long it's probably because i had yet another injury. I'm also an insomniac and my main hobbies is this shitty game. Had to cut my education short because of some family problems. Also the true inventor of the inverted gogoplata.

What is your name's origin?

I started competitive pokemon playing VGC and the famous whimsicott+terrakion strat gave rise to terracott. I am also a history enthusiast and love the ancient terracotta warriors. Hence Terracotta.

What made you start playing Pokémon?

I started playing this shitty game because of my ex best friend who introduced me to competitive pokemon and showed me the simulators etc.

What inspired you to play Ubers?

Blame Hugo Barrington. We met in a random tour and got talking. He slowly introduced me to ubers. I used to be an uu and ru main before that and i think I'm still good at them.

What is your favorite generation of Ubers?

Definitely USM and DPP. I believe both are under-explored and underdeveloped. I think i have a lot to offer to the DPP metagame.

What is your favorite playstyle?

My favorite playstyle is probably bulky offense. I am a player with a very offensive mindset but i also like having a defensive core to fall back to. Overall, bulky offense just really suites my style of playing.

What is your opinion on Gothitelle & Gothorita suspect?

I have already made my views very clear on this suspect in the suspect thread but tldr is; Extremely unhealthy and braindead pokemon for the ubers metagame.

Are there any elements of the metagame that you deem unhealthy?

Goth.

-_-

What are your the most memorable games of Ubers?

vs.

Ttg vs gunner for SPL 8. Double kick terrakion was a really nice tech that hit and ended the game turn 1.

vs.

My UPL game vs Leru where instead of getting 6-0d by leru owing to an insanely bad matchup, i ended up reverse sweeping his whole team with my 1% marshadow. Although some of it was due to his lack of foresight, i would argue that i played that game extremely well and got myself into a position to win which wouldn't have been possible without some really proficient playing. (Both replays available).

vs.

Overcoming a poor matchup vs rodri to win this ssnl game, which i believe is one of my best played games.

Congratulations for winning third place in UPL VI! How was your experience in Alolan Mukkers?

Alolan Nukkers best team, period. I got to meet some really amazing players. Absdaddy the fucking dpp goat, goddammit how can someone be this good at dpp. Mr. 378 the man made of iron in all gens. Zoro the bw goat. Lasen the ThunderMan. And of course reje the savage, this man is just insanely good at this game. Last but definitely not the least Tape <3 amazing player in all gens ily so much. #MUKSFOREVER

What do you think allows you to generally perform well in tours?

The number one factor that allows me to do well i believe, is that i don't care about the result. I go into the game intending to have fun and give my best as a sign of respect to my opponent. I respect every opponent of mine and give my best every game. Another factor is, i trust my teams and i trust myself. I don't second guess, i bring my shit. Also who needs to prep when you're a demigod :p

What new users or players in Ubers do you look up to?

iry. The most aggressive player i know and extremely intimidating to face for the same reason. Can process 10 different full routes to play out a game in his head in seconds, without misplays. Plays every gen 3-7(adv main wtf) at a very high level.

What are your advices for new players getting into Ubers?

Don't be close minded and always use the same 9 mons. Respect other players and be active in the community. PM me, i'm always willing to help.

Would you provide us with a team and add a brief description?

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Defog

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Marshadow @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief

Swagger marsh+hazards. Contrary to popular belief, it's not a cheese strat. Marsh forces switches by threatening to get +2 and you rack up hazards damage. Para also dramatically increases your chances of getting free turns along with swagger resulting in even more free turns.

=
=
=

Thank you Terracotta for spending the time to answer the questions! Feel free to ask other questions in this thread!

Last edited:

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Who do u fuckin hate in smogon
Whos the shittiest player uve played

Non-memes:
Who do you see getting drafted in Snake draft and potentially SPL? Do you plan on signing up?
What other metas are you interested in outside of Ubers, uu and ru? Old gen OUs in particular
Any mons you think are underrated as of now and have potential to do well in the meta soon? And the other way around - mons that are overrated and will fall out of favour soon?
What's your thought process with building?

Who do u fuckin hate in smogon
Whos the shittiest player uve played

Non-memes:
Who do you see getting drafted in Snake draft and potentially SPL? Do you plan on signing up?
What other metas are you interested in outside of Ubers, uu and ru? Old gen OUs in particular
Any mons you think are underrated as of now and have potential to do well in the meta soon? And the other way around - mons that are overrated and will fall out of favour soon?
What's your thought process with building?
-I fuckin hate myself because i started playing
- probably joyverse
-altought uber usm is still not fully developped i think zesty purplegatorade and domigoat are new waves i want to see in spl for sure . I am not sure i have the time for spl cause it requires preparation and what not.
-I really like bw and dpp ou cause are super competitive but i am lazy and i dont want to study new metas in this period.
-There are a lot of undervalued mons right now like mblazi that can use really well the darkceus wave to set for free or cm flyceus that just win games.
-usually when i build i try to cover all the matchups possible and have a better matchup vs the most used playstyle in that period i also enjoy using hot techs because are difficult to predict for the opponent

I wholeheartedly agree with this. But anyway,

I still remember back when Zygarde was released and everyone was like "why tf does this Pokemon exist". In honesty it wasn't great 'mon until SM generation. How did you view Zygarde in XY / ORAS?
It was really bad tbh i had some memes with him like spd block to ppstall yveltal but nothing serious i am sure the 100% form is the boost he needed and deserved

- probably joyverse

Questions.

1) Is the reason your ex-best friend is an ex-best friend because he intro'd you to comp mons?
2) What martial art did you have to practice before you started MMA? I don't remember.
3) Given the chance to be a God or quit mons forever; what are you picking?
4) When are you going to stop claiming that iry is a different person, everyone knows that's it you.
5) Favorite dish to cook at home?

Last edited:

Questions.

1) Is the reason your ex-best friend is an ex-best friend because he intro'd you to comp mons?
2) What martial art did you have to practice before you started MMA? I don't remember.
3) Given the chance to be a God or quit mons forever; what are you picking?
4) When are you going to stop claiming that iry is a different person, everyone knows that's it you.
1) No is just that we choosed different life styles
2) i started with kick boxing and immediatly after i realised my fightstyle was incomplete so i entered the bjj world and mma in the later
3) if i quit mons i automatically become a god too
4) i cant reveal half the smogon community are only my alts

On a scale from 1-10, how gay are you for iry?
Also who are your top players for every ubers gen, and why is it pasy for usm?

Also where is my s/o wtf
-On a scale from 1-10 probably -5 is him beeing gay
-this is tricky i never did a list myself but lets try:
Adv: magsy iry mr 378
Dpp: abs m. dragon wreckdra
Bw: hack kebabe tape
Oras:reje ttg trout
Usm: purplegatorade zesty kyogref4n
-shoutouts to the most stylish player of mons lucos

On a scale from 1-10, how gay are you for iry?
Also who are your top players for every ubers gen, and why is it pasy for usm?

Also where is my s/o wtf
-On a scale from 1-10 probably -5 is him beeing gay
-this is tricky i never did a list myself but lets try:
Adv: magsy iry mr 378
Dpp: abs m. dragon wreckdra
Bw: hack kebabe tape
Oras:reje ttg trout
Usm: purplegatorade zesty kyogref4n
-shoutouts to the most stylish player of mons lucos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)