Project Ubers Player Spotlight #4: Serial Ekiller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Nayrz
Changed 'Ubers Player of the Week' from Arii Stella

1531688492133.png

Ubers Player Spotlight - #4

Ubers Player Spotlight is the place where I interview notable and respected players from Ubers, the tier where the fiercest monsters combat and exert apocalyptic force. People I choose to interview are the elite players who excel at taming the strongest monsters and have been consistent throughout tournaments and is well respected by the community.

I am open to suggestions (DMDW#8155) about the players that can be interviewed, but please keep in mind that suggested players are subjects to review by me and Ubers moderation team. With that out of the way...

Spotlight #4:

Most Known For:

Uh Ubers room driver, new QC and VR guy

He also played in UPL VI with DaReal Drizzlers

Favorite Pokémon:

I’ve never really had a favourite tbh, but if I were to choose one it would probably be Chandelure, I love the blue fire and the stuff about sucking out souls, and when I was younger I thought its special attack stat meant it was absolutely busted. Second would probably be Lucario, cool design and the aura stuff is nice too

Overview:

18 yo gay Asian guy living in Sydney, Australia, studying engineering but no idea what to do in life so I waste most of it online, whether it be on mons, anime, league, discord, or shitposting.

What is your name's origin?

I used to play a bit during gen 5-6 on an acc ive forgotten the name of, when I went to register a new account I just made some cool (at least I thought it was cool then) reference to what I thought was the best sweeper in the game at the time, ekiller.

What made you start playing Pokémon?

Playing diamond and pearl when I was a kid, the game stuck with me for a long time. After gen 5 I moved onto online simulators, due to getting interested in the competitive aspect of battling

What inspired you to play Ubers?

big op legendaries hitting each other really hard is cool

Also the satisfaction of successfully making some shitty gimmick or shitmon like solrock work and stand up to the titans

What is your favorite generation of Ubers?

Gen 7! Mostly because USM is the only gen I’m good at, but I also think its pretty fun. I don’t really connect with a lot of complaints that USM is shit, maybe because I’ve never really gotten too into old gens so I don’t have much to compare it to, but I personally still find this meta pretty fun and diverse with room for innovation.

What is your favorite playstyle?

Balance. It used to be stall, the satisfaction of crafting a perfect team that counters everything and then shutting down everything your opponent tries to do is pretty fun, but rolling over and dying once you hit the wrong breaking sequence isn’t (and sometimes you just don’t have time for a 1000 turn tie). Balance gives you a lot more room to take the game into your own hands with aggressive plays and outpredicts, but retains some of the defensive strength and can sometimes play brainless defensive just like stall if you’re lucky and get into a good position. Offense is simply not really my style.

What is your opinion on Gothitelle & Gothorita suspect?

I felt that Gothitelle was really a borderline case for banning based off the tiering policy- it obviously brought its issues but the extent to which that warranted a ban was debateable and imo pretty subjective, and I had no strong opinions either way. I didn’t mind either a goth meta or a gothless meta, so I abstained.

That being said, I feel a lot of people who voted no ban didn’t really understand goth’s effect on the meta or why it was being suspected in the first place, but there isn’t too much you can do to stop that- changing the reqs to require reasoning or giving the vote to a council is along the lines of what the tier got into deep shit for in the 2014 stag suspect. While goth definitely isn’t the best mon to suspect test on the ladder, I don’t think there were many other options.

Also for those calling for a solganium z suspect, would restricting dusk mane to a 180 bp z-move off steelium z instead of a 200 bp z-move make it that much more manageable?

Are there any elements of the metagame that you deem unhealthy?

Personally, not really. I agree that games can be pretty matchup based, but that’s an inevitable problem when there are just so many threats to cover.

What is your the most memorable game of Ubers?

vs.

Week 5 of upl vs terracotta, where he brought the wrong team due to an unfortunate misclick. Regardless, the result definitely made me think that the people complaining about matchup issues may have had a very valid point

How was your experience of UPL in DaReal Drizzlers? How was the overall experience of UPL VI?

UPL was a really great experience, (despite waking up at 6-7am for most of my games, fuck time zones), despite getting eliminated kind early, watching the games and playing them. UPL was pretty much my first experience in tournament play and it showed, especially in my first game where I was definitely feeling the pressure, but I managed to win all my next games mostly through the power of matchup cheese by playing a bit more relaxed, and just treating it kinda like a ladder game.

probably pretty late but big thanks to my fellow drizzlers for hanging out, prepping and playing with me and making it such a fun experience, especially Cynara HunterStorm and Melee Mewtwo, manager daddy Nayrz for buying me, and the whole ubers community for making it possible. Also to Hack for his excellent advice on prepping vs comfort, steelskitty for his potent general gayness and dream for his ungayness

What do you think has contributed the most in your joining of QC team and VR council in such a short time?

Probably just hanging around in the subforum and the analyses discord and being active with writing/discussion, and getting to know nayrz and other qc members well in drizzlers though the biggest reason was probably they were running low on people :3

What new users or players in Ubers do you look up to?

Terracotta for being a fucking beast at the game, Joyverse for never shutting up in chat, dewtios for never shutting up in my pms

What are your advices for new players getting into Ubers?

Ask more experienced users for advice, whether in the room or discord, don’t be a dick, make friends with people, think about why you click moves, and don’t forget that in the end its just a game

Would you provide us with a team and add a brief description?

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Judgment
- Ice Beam

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 144 HP / 148 Atk / 56 SpD / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Double-Edge
- Facade

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Bullet Seed

This is the team I mostly used on the suspect ladder, its built around CM groundceus which is currently my favourite mons in USM, using façade mence and ferro to support it against its most common checks, ho-oh and ogre. It struggles a bit vs stall (running outrage > sunsteel on ultra or standard double dance dm can help) and mega gengar can be a big threat, but its pretty strong vs the usual ladder trends. Bullet seed on ferrothorn lets it beat subcm kyogre, burn through most/all of gothitelle's rest pps, and actually beat gothorita.

=
=
=

Thank you Serial EKiller for spending the time to answer the questions! Feel free to ask other questions in this thread!

``ÒwÓ)
Thanks for the s/o oi.

1) What's your kinda music?
2) What's your top 5 anime?
3) Who's the best EVA girl and why is it Shinji?
4) Rate from best to worst [Ekiller, Dairyceus, Groundceus, Dankceus, Grassceus, Waterceus]
5) What're your thoughts on UGTT so far?
6) Marry, Fuck, Kill: Cynara, DMDW, Nayrz.
7) Marry, Fuck, Kill: Steelskitty, Dream, Fireburn.

'mons-related:

- How is your experience in PS room as room %?
- Favorite Arceus forme (accounting on design, color, and viability)?
- What's the shortest run you had on DPP?
- If there is any, what is your most desired tiering decision that you would make with a permission?
- What UPL team do you see yourself in next year?

league-related:

- What's your main?
- What's your usual ping?
- From scale of 1-10 how cancerous is the tribunal system?
- Thoughts on Pyke?
- Thoughts on Aatrox remake (overdue af)?
- The most enjoyable champ to you in URF?
- Which champion has the most brainless ult and why is it Xayah?
- How much of fraction in your games does someone int feed with Yasuo / Master Yi / Lee Sin / Teemo / Vayne / Blitzcrank / latest champion?
- How much of fraction in your games does someone in your team turn into a keyboard warrior after giving a kill and continues to flame / whine for the rest of the game?
- Do you agree that 5 minute surrender has to be implemented in AR URF mode?

1) What's your kinda music?
2) What's your top 5 anime?
3) Who's the best EVA girl and why is it Shinji?
4) Rate from best to worst [Ekiller, Dairyceus, Groundceus, Dankceus, Grassceus, Waterceus]
5) What're your thoughts on UGTT so far?
6) Marry, Fuck, Kill: Cynara, DMDW, Nayrz.
7) Marry, Fuck, Kill: Steelskitty, Dream, Fireburn.
1. i dont really have a type in particular, i mostly listen to a mix of indie, instrumental osts, weebshit, post rock and whatever else pops up on autoplay

2. Hard question, probably 1. Evangelion + End of Evangelion, 2. Shinsekai Yori, after that for 3-5 i have no idea because theres a ton of stuff that i really like but cant really choose between, like Madoka, Space Dandy, Shirobako, Pop Team Epic and Doukyuusei
SSY is 2nd cause its probably the show that really got me into anime and Eva cause it affected me a lot emotionally and philophically

3. Best girl is obviously shinji, then kaworu then ramiel and pen pen
if you think best girl is mari, kindly tang yourself

4. Groundy, Water, Darkceus, Fairy, Ekiller, Grasseus
Fireceus is too ascended for this list

5. I hate you for roping me into co-hosting i never want to host a tour again

6. kill dmdw for making me do this interview
fuck cynara
marry nayrz so i can whisper in his ear every night telling him to free species clause

7. kill fireburn
fuck sexualskitty
marry dream

- How is your experience in PS room as room %?
It's pretty nice being able to start tours and make people like dew shut up
Downside is you become more visible and people will occasionally spam u when you're doing something else

- Favorite Arceus forme (accounting on design, color, and viability)?
darkceus, its colour goes the best with the rest of the design imo

- If there is any, what is your most desired tiering decision that you would make with a permission?
Suspecting both mega ray and species clause would be fun, even if itd make ubers a bit too similar to AG

- What UPL team do you see yourself in next year?
No idea, whoever wants to buy me I guess

league-related:

- What's your main?
Vel'Koz! Mainly because of how smooth the combos feel and how fun it is to geometry and laser someone to death, only slightly because of the tentacles
otherwise I just play support

- What's your usual ping?
around 20

- Thoughts on Pyke?
I still dont know what the fuck he does so I just ban him every game i play sup, shits scary

- Thoughts on Aatrox remake (overdue af)?
did we really need another riven

- The most enjoyable champ to you in URF?
Sona :3

- Which champion has the most brainless ult and why is it Xayah?
Cho'Gath

- How much of fraction in your games does someone int feed with Yasuo / Master Yi / Lee Sin / Teemo / Vayne / Blitzcrank / latest champion?
- How much of fraction in your games does someone in your team turn into a keyboard warrior after giving a kill and continues to flame / whine for the rest of the game?
Every single one

- Do you agree that 5 minute surrender has to be implemented in AR URF mode?
Probably needs a surrender button once the teams comps are revealed tbh

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
y'all aussies are crazy folk
my question is
do you prefer wrestling roos or swimming with crocs as your pastime

question number two
did you know the terra game wasn't a missclicked team

question number three
if you were to wake up tomorrow as Lasen or Reje, who would you rather be and why

1. Roos, crocs are too long of a drive away :( Roos will literally run into your car while u drive
2. Nop
3. Lasen, he has better aussie memes

Melbourne is very gay dont go there unless you got rejected for UNSW med and you have no aspirations outside of becoming a doctor thanks to your asian parents so you go to melbourne to do med like 10 of my friends

y'all aussies are crazy folk
my question is
do you prefer wrestling roos or swimming with crocs as your pastime

question number two
did you know the terra game wasn't a missclicked team

question number three
if you were to wake up tomorrow as Lasen or Reje, who would you rather be and why
Bro i love u and allur but i said from turn 1 i literally missed team and that the team was for chillshadow

Also Serial i have some questions for u:
1) when we will build some new heat memes together?
2)how do u think we can improve the matchup dependant problem ubers have?
3)marshadow or zygarde?
4)when u will send me a platypus

1. been feeling a bit burnt out recently, but im up for building some shitty heat meme squads
2. no idea, maybe just ban usm and only play old gens
3. marshadow cause its cuter :3
4. soontm, tho if i get one im probably keeping it cause platypuses are really cute

1. its gotta be zygarde! i might miss every deadline but i dont do enough analyses to outnumber zyg
2. i dont sleep at night, i sleep during the day
3. hmm

Oldamar999

Tien Time
What mons do you want to see rise in viability and why?
What are your favorite C to D rank Uber mons and why?
Do you have any teams based around those mons?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)