Tournament Ubers Premier League VIII - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the eighth edition of Ubers Premier League, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a seven-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. The top four teams will then advance to the playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned the premier of Ubers battling. This is Uber’s premier team tournament, providing an opportunity for Ubers powerhouses to display their dominance, veteran players to return, and for new talent to emerge.

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules.

Tournament Standings and Records

Dapper Dracovish (3) vs. Devastating Dialgas (5)

SS: Icemaster vs. Reje
SS: cromagnet vs. Manaphy
USM: Eternal Spirit vs. HunterStorm
ORAS: orch vs. loving1096
BW: Carl Murray vs. Lasen
DPP: absdaddy vs. Hack
ADV: Melle2402 vs. Heysup
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): PurpleGatorade vs. March Fires

DaReal Drizzlers (1) vs. Defiant Durians (7)

SS: TrueNora vs. TonyFlygon
SS: Ballfire vs. TDK
USM: Perry vs. byronthewellwell
ORAS: default0 vs. Duncajuwon
BW: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Kebabe
DPP: 64 Squares vs. Hamhamhamhamham
ADV: Holy Ghost vs. The Kyle
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): SiTuM vs. Skysolo

Delta Rayquazas (5) vs. Choice Bandits (3)

SS: Goat Heart ♥ vs. crucify
SS: Jaajgko vs. Peli
USM: Leru vs. Zesty43
ORAS: TSR vs. Dominatio
BW: The Dovahneer vs. Shitegotreal
DPP: Aishia vs. squinn
ADV: Chill Shadow vs. WreckDra
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): Garay oak vs. Hugo Barrington

severimagehooh.png

Manly Melmetal (4) vs. Heavy Duty Ho-Ohs (4)

SS: Royal1604 vs. Nalei
SS: Fc04 vs. Shuwri
USM: Kei Kikuno vs. Thiago Nunes
ORAS: fourmi vs. dream
BW: Corazan vs. Lopunny Kicks
DPP: Tomahawk vs. Finchinator
ADV: Kushalos vs. hs
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): Sharow vs. watashi

Deadline is Sunday at 11:59 PM PDT

Last edited:

Hoopas Dad

formerly Mysterious M
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
With two weeks left and many teams close here we go with another round of predicts (since last time this made more people actually predict):

Dapper Dracovish (4) vs. Devastating Dialgas (4) - Dialgas need to win in order to secure poffs, while vishes are confirmed in.

SS: Icemaster vs. Reje - Icemaster is in good form, leading the SS pool and coming off a win vs Crucify. He is favored by a bit.
SS: cromagnet vs. Manaphy - Close call, i think both players are on a similar playing level with Manaphy getting more support. Dialgas are in need of a win this week, so i expect some good prep in every slot tbh.
USM: Eternal Spirit vs. HunterStorm - Same case with Icemaster, ES is on fire in the USM pool coming off a win vs Hugo. Hunterstorm keeps farming wins so this can also go either way.
ORAS: orch vs. loving1096 - MU reliant, if i had to pick a winner it would be orch because of his experience and because of a possible gothi vs stall matchup..
BW: Carl Murray vs. Lasen - ΚΑΤΣΙΚΑ (vol. II). Lasen brough the smeargle and somehow got a win. With Hack in the back and more techy teams like that he can get a win vs Carl.
DPP: absdaddy vs. Hack - HL of the series, i do not really want to predict this but just catch it live. Two of the strongest dpp fighting each other, gonna be a nice one.
ADV: Melle2402 vs. Heysup - Heysup has proven he can win anyone, but i think Melle is one of the top adv players if he finds his form. Prolly biased predict but i do expect him to emerge victorious here.
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): PurpleGatorade vs. March Fires - This will be an intense series, i do expect MF to win in 3, with PG winning the USM. I am glad mf did not flop, i was expecting him to perform as well as he has done until now.

DaReal Drizzlers (3) vs. Defiant Durians (5) - Both team are out of playoffs contention, not gonna analyse much.

SS: TrueNora vs. TonyFlygon - Gonna predict for the SS main to win, but i am not sure how motivated either will be.
SS: Ballfire vs. TDK - Gonna predict for the SS main to win, but i am not sure how motivated either will be.
USM: Perry vs. byronthewellwell - byron is one of my favorite USM players, hard to not predict him to win. He has been solid in this gen for too long.
ORAS: default0 vs. Duncajuwon - Dunca is the more solid player here, he has the edge.
BW: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Kebabe - This is not going to be close i believe..
DPP: 64 Squares vs. Hamhamhamhamham - ham has been playing pretty solid DPP, while i havent really seen anything from 64.
ADV: Holy Ghost vs. The Kyle - Holy Ghost played well last week, so did the Kyle who has farmed some wins this UPL. Giving the edge to HG.
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): SiTuM vs. Skysolo - Skysolo in bo3 is a interesting pick, prolly could have been there earlier. I think the player who wins the USM game will win the series.

Manly Melmetal (5) vs. Heavy Duty Ho-Ohs (3) - Both teams need win to have hopes for playoffs, tight series.

SS: Royal1604 vs. Nalei - Nalei has been in good form, small edge but i think he is more experienced in the tier.
SS: Fc04 vs. Shuwri - Same thing with above pretty much, although this match as well as the one above can go either way with a matchup in favor of melmetals. all players are pretty much in the same level.
USM: KyogreF4N vs. Thiago Nunes - Kfan should be bo3ing and not in USM. He has the edge although thiago is a pretty underated player in my eyes.
ORAS: fourmi vs. dream - This will be a close and fun match to watch. fourmi in my eyes is prolly in the top 3 of oras pool rn, with dream being solid overall in his team picks/perfomances. Small edge to fourmi.
BW: Corazan vs. Lopunny Kicks - Both solid tournaments players, both can win here. outcome will depend on the prep and matchup, which i give an edge to Melmetals because of KyogreF4n being the better support here.
DPP: Tomahawk vs. Finchinator - Tomahawk has had an impressive UPL so far, beating many good players (with some luck or not). He should be able to overcome finch this week.
ADV: Kushalos vs. hs - Kushalos is the better player here, prolly must work a bit more on team picks though.
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): Sharow vs. watashi - I am not sure why is Sharow in bo3, flcl has been amazing this far, expecting him to win this in 3.

On a side note, GO RAYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)