Ubers Ubers Spring Seasonal - Grand Finals [Won by Level 56]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
HAVE FUN :V

Deadline is whenever DONT JOHN

SPECIFIC RULES (ripped off from Arcticblast)
  • This is a standard ORAS Ubers tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.) There may be some exceptions to this rule.
  • Every round, I will choose several games as the Highlight Matches. We don't have streaming yet, but this is something I am going to look into for future rounds when things get competitive.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
You know the general tournament rules by now.

Grand Finals:

(W) Level 56 vs Gunner Rohan (L)

EXTENSIONS POSSIBLE.

Last edited:
No trout in finals=bad ssnl
I needed an excuse to post in this thread so I will use your reply as one. Looks like the two first seasonals and the current one were bad since our lord and saviour didn't make it to the finals. Me, you and many others would have loved to see him winning the last edition of this tournament but unfortunate factors decided otherwise. Well, in my opinion Lacus Clyne was and still is a worthy winner. Maybe Lord Outrage deserved to win one of the three first seasonal but in this seasonal he definitely wasn't at his best form. Every opinion is appreciated though and I don't mean to attack you, Lord Outrage or anyone with my post.

---

I wasn't sure at first about this seasonal but looking now after what has happened I have actually enjoyed this seasonal a lot and hopefully others have too. I am saying this despite this being my worst seasonal by far. Maybe that is the reason I have enjoyed this current one a lot. We had so many upsets and surprises where players who were just making it to seasonal playoffs - which was changed later to top-16 - lost one after another. Me, Benbe, Mr.378, Haruno and the very first seasonal winner Astounded were knocked out really early this tournament and were followed by Lord Outrage losing at round eight.

On the other hand we got to see new faces doing well as well as some older names even improving from previous seasonals. Hyw and Samqian2 had a great run in the loser's bracket where the former managed to get to round 11 after losing at round one. The latter one made it to round 10, just to lose to Hyw. Omfuga was already known very well from UPL IV after his great 5-1 record and he did a great job in this seasonal. It took a long time to succeed in a seasonal from Zoroarkforever who made it to Ubers Open IV semi-finals back in last autumn. Top-4 is a really good achievement even though you might think otherwise. Snow was by far the biggest surprise and all credits to him getting to loser's final. Obviously there are few others, for example Mysterious M, who did well in this seasonal and props to them.

Level 56 is for sure the favourite to win the whole thing. His skill, consistency and understanding of the game and this tier is at amazing level. When you count that and the fact every seasonal winner has also won the winner's final, which he did versus Snow, it would be a surprise if he wasn't crowned as the Ubers Spring Seasonal winner.

But my boy GunnerRohan is not going down without a fight. After he lost to Level 56 in round 10, he hasn't dropped a single BO1 game or BO3 series in his prime tiers (Ubers and Anything Goes). He has worked really hard after - before that too of course - to get to Grand Finals having a second shot to beat maybe the best GEN6 Ubers player. He promised me to get into seasonal playoffs. He promised me to give a damn and work hard to get where he is now. I don't know if he will promise me to win the whole thing. Regardless of that, I am really proud of his run.

Whoever takes it in the end, will indeed (ShadowQuinn) be a worthy winner. Good luck both. :)

Last edited:
Gunner and snow probably had the best series out of this ssnl and it was absolutely amazing to watch. Snow's teams really blew me out of the water and they worked quite well reminding me a lot of omfuga and his unorthodox teams/playstyle. But seeing gunner play so well and being able to take on those teams really made me respect him more as a player. I was originally rooting for level 56, but after that series you got this gunner.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Both of them played their level best to make it, encountered various players and playstyles. So, good luck to both. May the most deserving wins it All.

Sweep your decision with that top 16 makes me really salty. Probably most users knew it since a long time, but I never saw that decision, cause I usually do not check out the subforums of Circuit Tours. I am really annoyed. I would have played most of my series this seasonal different (vs like GunnerRohan or other players who is now in the finals, good luck rooting for you hope you win tho). Its no offense against him, I do think he is a solid player, but I wouldn't have played a team that gets lead 6-0d by Arceus-Ekiller. It makes me mad that I do not have a chance anymore to play the opponent I feel comfortable the most to advance. I've put in so much effort in that tour to get kinda bullshitted. (Ok my effort was: pick a Random Team/ old SPL team and troll in the battles for the crowd to make an enjoyable show) (I think I am alone with that opinion that its frustrating)

One can argue that I should read the subforums etc. but publishing those informations after some people wouldn't have make the playoffs without that decision is really fucking frustrating..It was already to late to force a redo, which is definitly all my fault for bringing bad teams over and over again.

My point is, I started to play those seasonals to make the top 8 aka playoffs and I made it in fact after like 2,5 seasonals. Its frustrating that people who performed really bad have the chance to make playoffs now. I am honestly happy for users/ Friends like Mr Numbers but who deserve a spot in the POs, but imo if you say Top 8, you shouldn't change that shit..

I do not feel like the players get rewarded for their seasonal runs if you raise the playoffs spots to 16. It makes me look dumb that I actually tried "hard" to make it. I probably would have made Top 16 with some shitty Ditto stall team or XY ubers teams ( no offense at the top 16.. I know most of them personally and You guys obv deserve a spot..but thats my opinion thats its stupid to raise the spots) I feel like I rigged everything for bringing bad teams, some users wouldn't have made playoffs tho. Look at Lacus he/she/it didn't even signed up for all seasonals and made top 8 - respect. It is possible to make it, even I made it without any help and old teams.

I know, I will get shitstormed now but someone had to say it..

Prediction:

Gunnerrohan wins the first set 2-0 if he brings Anti HO. Smeargle Webs + M Rise Diancie will win it for you. Xern and Ditto Will Be the MVPs (2-0)

Level wins the second set cause Gunner doesn't predict Level to spam HO the first and second match. Luckily he brings M coat Ekiller to grab a win game 2. Darkrai will be the MVP for sure (2-1 in total)

Either way I am Jesus cause Gunner musn't prep for HO in that case and Level shouldn't be weak to Smeargle webs as well which means he'll bring Sab/Kanga/Darkrai.

See ya all around in playoffs and you can count on me I will actually build new teams ( probably not tho, cause I am a lazy piece of shit ) and perform well. Please play asap this tour was way to long imo.

Sorry for grammar etc.

I will take the blame for not being more clear that we changed to 16 a long time ago, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hopefully there will be some excellent matches once we get to the playoffs.

"Also calling it right now, Level 56 vs Gunner Rohan is going to be the final.
Level 56 to take it all."

Anyone else remember when I totally called this final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)