Project Ubers Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDLO Ray ft. BigTalk
https://pokepast.es/a1b938d7ffeadb55
For this build we paired Rayquaza with Eruption Groudon to form a powerful breaking core capable of abusing the checks that the two share, mainly Arceus-Ground and Water. Additionally after revealing Dragon Dance, Ray can lure in defensive Zygarde which checks traditional DD variants of Rayquaza and OHKO it with Draco Meteor. Its timid nature also allows it bait in max speed Kyogre and smash it with Dragon Ascent. Giving Dusk Z and rocks allows Groudon to dedicate its set fully to offense and gives the team one of the most consistent Xerneas answers in the tier. Giratina-O and Arceus-Water form the teams Groudon checking core, Gira handling Swords Dance and support variants with Draco and Defog and Arc handling mixed. Having Dual status on Arceus not only synergizes well with Giratina's Hex, it also serves as a lure for Necrozma-DM, Arc Water's most common abuser. Wisp combined with its bulky spead allows it to act as a safety net against Marshadow and E-killer, taking pressure off Yvetal and preventing itself from being overloaded. Finally, Yveltal provides speed control and has the benefit of being able to hit Mega Gengar which the build would be very weak to if it had used Xerneas.
ty

Kyurem isn't very good; it doesn't have much of a niche especially with choice scarf. However, I always wanted to try a bulky stored power Dusk Mane. Would that be okay?
That's more than fine. That's the one between the two sets I really wanted to build a good team around in ubers

Support Darkceus BO by Goat Heart ft. Lazy_bread27 (pretty much all GH)
https://pokepast.es/6d4a57efe4f0be61
This team uses Arceus Dark to provide both a strong check to Salamence and Zygarde and Defog support which perfectly complement Ho-oh as Mence, Zyg and hazards are its greatest weaknesses. This support allows Ho-oh to use a Fly-Z set which can really disrupt most balance and stall builds. Having Arceus-Dark as your Arceus makes your team inherently weak to Marshadow. This build gets around this without having any 100% checks by having two mons that can deal with Marshadow depending on its coverage move (Bulky Mence can handle Rock Tomb and Ho-oh can handle Hidden Power Ice). This core of Ho-oh + Mence also checks virtually every variant of Primal Groudon. However, it stacks x2 and x4 weaknesses to rocks. This is countered by having mence also carying Defog, Mence + Darkceus being able to remove against most common hazard setters. Specially Defensive Dusk Mane opens up Groudon to be more offensive, this squad opting for a double dance set due to Ho-oh abusing Arceus Ground, which walls double dance variants. Finally, having Marshadow provides the team an answer to set up Arceus formes as well as providing speed control. Darkceus's inclusion is again important in a different way becuase it provides a secondary answer to Ultra Necrozma and other fast psychics and ghosts allowing Marshadow to run HP Ice to help bust through defensive Zygarde which otherwise walls the teams two primary wincons in Ho-oh and Groudon.

Last edited:
Requesting a team around GeoXern + Naga, HO preferred.
Wobbuffet Hyper Offense By Rasengan777: https://pokepast.es/168af61106559e31
This is a hyper offensive build that's main goal is to overload the opponent with many different setup sweepers. Drill is our rocker, that can pretty reliably get up rocks. Wobb is there to trap support arcs, dish out heavy damage with it's bouncing moves, and most importantly encore. The importance of encore here is that it allows other sweepers to thrive. For example, if you send your wobbuffet in on a support arceus form, you can encore it in to toxic, which gives you a free switch into naganadel, and a free nasty plot. Naganadel can then wear down dusk for xern to sweep later, or just straight up win. Wobbuffet also opens up salamence, as it can dispose of support arceus's in some cases. and lastly, dusk mane is a scary sweeper that can also take on the likes of xerneas and other fairy types, and serve as another sweeper.

Bomb Voyage

Banned deucer.
Requesting a team built around these two sexy beasts, I keep on running into this trash on ladder (https://pokepast.es/c361ab772ce6634c) so I would just love to see a team built that can absolutely demolish that garbage. Feel free to also use a Sub CM Ogre set, but make sure to support it with solid answers to Primal Groudon. Thanks!

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Outrage

Last edited:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Requesting a balanced team with this set. Thanks!

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
hello I come to ask for a team with Necrozma Weakness policy a little bit offensive, I prefer the BO or HO team I will leave them at your discretion

:necrozma-dusk-mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Autotomize
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser

Last edited:
Hi,

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis
- Grass Knot
- Tail Glow

This is totally serious, not meme. I would like something based on Xur one of my favorites. The style or strategy doesn't matter if I leave it free.

Requesting a team with Magic Coat Groundceus, something that's BO preferred but not a necessity; I wanna mess up some webs.
https://pokepast.es/725e60f642e3737b
This basic BO fits Arceus Ground in a support role as a check to rock move Groudon, Zygarde and Salamence. Kyogre adds a powerful breaker and method of dealing with mixed RP Groudon. It having Thunder and Yveltal being 308 speed with Foul Play also help to compensate for using mixed Groudon as the primary Kyogre check. Groudon gives more immediate power with Fire Blast as well as speed control with Rock Polish. Dusk Mane provides rocks and a solid Xerneas answer. Z can also be used here do break through things like M-Sab ohko Xerneas and kill offensive Yveltal after rocks, but generally the recovery from leftovers is prefered. Scarf Xerneas Provides both an emergency cleric and defogger as well as an Ultra Necrozma answer and Ferrothorn lure. Finally, Yveltal provides an both an answer to Ekiller and a reliable method to dismantle stall.
ty Dovah for looking over this build for me

This is a hyper offensive build that's main goal is to overload the opponent with many different setup sweepers. Drill is our rocker, that can pretty reliably get up rocks. Wobb is there to trap support arcs, dish out heavy damage with it's bouncing moves, and most importantly encore. The importance of encore here is that it allows other sweepers to thrive. For example, if you send your wobbuffet in on a support arceus form, you can encore it in to toxic, which gives you a free switch into naganadel, and a free nasty plot. Naganadel can then wear down dusk for xern to sweep later, or just straight up win. Wobbuffet also opens up salamence, as it can dispose of support arceus's in some cases. and lastly, dusk mane is a scary sweeper that can also take on the likes of xerneas and other fairy types, and serve as another sweeper.
Wobb HO is freaking sick, you sir are the best builder I've seen in a while ya. I was wondering if you could swap Dual Dance Dusk Mane for a more Bulky Weakness Policy set?

Last edited:
Imo dual dance pdon fits better in this team than dm cuz of its superior attack stat. Rp dm without z isnt much reliable since it neither takes a dp from lo yveltal nor a pb from max attack pdon to utilise its weakness policy unless it's tr dm with 252 hp which has enough natural bulk to take those. Furthermore, this team has xern+naga combo which effectively deals with most pdon checks like def zyg and tina and can pave way for a pdon sweep during lategame.

Imo dual dance pdon fits better in this team than dm cuz of its superior attack stat. Rp dm without z isnt much reliable since it neither takes a dp from lo yveltal nor a pb from max attack pdon to utilise its weakness policy unless it's tr dm with 252 hp which has enough natural bulk to take those. Furthermore, this team has xern+naga combo which effectively deals with most pdon checks like def zyg and tina and can pave way for a pdon sweep during lategame.
Feel free to implement that if you like, you would just have to be a lot more careful around xern.

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:sm/Xerneas:
Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Ingrain
- Rest
- Moonblast

Z-GeoXern looks like a pretty cool mon to me and in general has fallen off the map in favor of Scarf and reg Geomancy. Any playstyle works, but preferably something more balance oriented (as I think HO wouldn’t really want it).

Support Darkceus BO by Goat Heart ft. Lazy_bread27 (pretty much all GH)
https://pokepast.es/6d4a57efe4f0be61
This team uses Arceus Dark to provide both a strong check to Salamence and Zygarde and Defog support which perfectly complement Ho-oh as Mence, Zyg and hazards are its greatest weaknesses. This support allows Ho-oh to use a Fly-Z set which can really disrupt most balance and stall builds. Having Arceus-Dark as your Arceus makes your team inherently weak to Marshadow. This build gets around this without having any 100% checks by having two mons that can deal with Marshadow depending on its coverage move (Bulky Mence can handle Rock Tomb and Ho-oh can handle Hidden Power Ice). This core of Ho-oh + Mence also checks virtually every variant of Primal Groudon. However, it stacks x2 and x4 weaknesses to rocks. This is countered by having mence also carying Defog, Mence + Darkceus being able to remove against most common hazard setters. Specially Defensive Dusk Mane opens up Groudon to be more offensive, this squad opting for a double dance set due to Ho-oh abusing Arceus Ground, which walls double dance variants. Finally, having Marshadow provides the team an answer to set up Arceus formes as well as providing speed control. Darkceus's inclusion is again important in a different way becuase it provides a secondary answer to Ultra Necrozma and other fast psychics and ghosts allowing Marshadow to run HP Ice to help bust through defensive Zygarde which otherwise walls the teams two primary wincons in Ho-oh and Groudon.
Ty for the team. Looks very cool and would not have built this on my own.

Bomb Voyage

Banned deucer.
Requesting a team built around these two sexy beasts, I keep on running into this trash on ladder (https://pokepast.es/c361ab772ce6634c) so I would just love to see a team built that can absolutely demolish that garbage. Feel free to also use a Sub CM Ogre set, but make sure to support it with solid answers to Primal Groudon. Thanks!

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Outrage
Bump. Also requesting a team around 150 BP Dual Primals, with support so it doesn't get cucked by thing like SD Groundceus, Geo Xern, and Ultra Necrozma.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Eruption

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Requesting a team around CM Groundceus, ty in advance ^_^
Here's your team, enjoy: https://pokepast.es/d82a03037e76fd20
This team is built around an offensive core of Calm Mind Arceus-Ground + Mega Gengar. With a set of Substitute, Perish Song, and Disable, Mega Gengar can trap a number of Arceus-Ground checks, including Chansey and Pokemon including defensive Ho-oh, Ferrothorn, and Celesteela that generally only carry one attacking move. Support Primal Groudon checks Primal Kyogre, one of the biggest offensive checks to Arceus-Ground, and greatly annoys most Defoggers with Dragon Tail + Toxic. Magearna gives us a solid backbone against threats like Geomancy Xerneas and Yveltal, provides VoltTurn support to get Mega Gengar in safely, and cleric support which is especially valuable for Arceus-Ground/Giratina/Primal Groudon, since many teams rely on indirect damage to break them down. Giratina should be used as the primary switch-in to Primal Groudon, as Arceus-Ground's lack of bulk investment means that it won't stomach Eruptions/Overheats very well and it doesn't like being statused with Toxic either. Giratina does a pretty good job of eating attacks/status from Pokemon like Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh, and physical Primal Kyogre and resting them off; it's chosen over Giratina-O because of its higher bulk letting it tank hits from the latter two, and over Zygarde because of its access to Defog. Choice Scarf Yveltal fits nicely in the last slot, providing a crucial Ghost-type resistance for our two Ghost-weak Pokemon, a Ground immunity, more VoltTurn support for Mega Gengar, and it's able to revenge kill Marshadow and fast threats that outspeed Mega Gengar such as MM2Y/Choice Scarf Lunala that are otherwise very threatening to the team.

Sets: Hex on Mega Gengar is used over Shadow Ball for the increased damage output on statused foes, such as a poisoned Arceus-Fairy. Dragon Dance users like Zygarde/Mega Salamence/Rayquaza are somewhat difficult for the team to properly handle due to Arceus-Ground's lack of bulk investment, so Groudon is a support variant with Dragon Tail that can prevent them from trying to set up on it. Will-O-Wisp is run on Giratina over Roar; although this can be detrimental against Substitute users and Facade Mega Salamence, it's instrumental for punishing hazard setters like Ferrothorn and support Necrozma-DM (Ferrothorn can even be used as setup fodder by Arceus-Ground once it's burned). Although the bulky Scarf set is tempting on Yveltal to take hits better, max Special Attack with Oblivion Wing is needed to revenge kill Marshadow reliably. Scarf Toxic is useful to poison stuff in a pinch, and punish checks like Arceus-Fairy and Xerneas concretely, since due to lack of a Poison-type move on Mega Gengar, it can be hard to apply immediate pressure to them.

Notes: Having 2 Ghost-types + Magearna as our Fairy-type makes Marshadow very threatening to the team, Life Orb/Z-move variants can easily claim a kill if not played around properly. Arceus-Ground is 2HKOed by Spectral Thief into Close Combat from Life Orb variants, so in general it should not be used as a switch-in.

Last edited:
requesting a bulky offense featuring Spikes and Deoxys-A. I'd like a team in which the spiker has defensive utility, but the team doesn't fall flat against stall. I'd like this combo because of how much more easily Deo-A can pick up KOs after a layer of spikes. A team that can maximize Deo-A's opportunities to come in and win the war against opposing hazard-oriented teams would be ideal.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Requesting a team around Zekrom + Mega Gengar

Zekrom can easily break common stall Pokemon such as Giratina, Ho-Oh and Lugia. The only thing holding it back in most cases is the support Arceus which can recover stall it indefinitely. Mega Gengar can eliminate Fairyceus / Pdon and other support arcs with Destiny Bond, clearing the way for it.
Zekrom @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Substitute

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
hello I come to ask for a team with Necrozma Weakness policy a little bit offensive, I prefer the BO or HO team I will leave them at your discretion

:necrozma-dusk-mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Autotomize
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
Hey, unfortunately this set is not very viable in the meta, without Swords Dance it will struggle to break and can be easily walled by something like Ferrothorn, for example. Many people are also aware that Dusk Mane holds Weakness Policy so they can simply avoid hitting it supereffectively until it's low enough.

Would a Trick Room + Swords Dance set or Rock Polish + Swords Dance set acceptable to you instead?

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, unfortunately this set is not very viable in the meta, without Swords Dance it will struggle to break and can be easily walled by something like Ferrothorn, for example. Many people are also aware that Dusk Mane holds Weakness Policy so they can simply avoid hitting it supereffectively until it's low enough.

Would a Trick Room + Swords Dance set or Rock Polish + Swords Dance set acceptable to you instead?
Swords dance + Rock polish sound good ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)