Tournament Ubers Winter [Team] Tour I - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
winterteamtourbanner.png

art by Fusion Flare
Welcome to the first edition of Ubers Winter Tour, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a five-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. Additionally, each week, managers can decide to boost one slot, making the slot effective for 2 wins (and if both teams boost the same slot, it's worth 3 wins). The two teams with the most wins will then advance to the finals.

Hello everyone, this year your hosts are MrAldo and myself.

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three and the RBY slots.
- Underlined matches will be counted as single boosted slots which count for 2 wins, Bolded and underlined matches will be counted as double boosted slots which count for 3 wins, with a * indicating which players were boosted.

And now, without further ado, here are the first pairings !

Record Sheet

litwick.gif
lunala.gif

Litwicks (6) vs. (6) Luminous Lunalas

Bo3 SS: Skarph* vs. Fc
SS: Luna's Banned now vs. Lunala
SS: baconeatinassassin vs. xavgb
SM: Zesty43 vs. HunterStorm
ORAS: Samqian vs. obii*
BW: Leru vs. Carl Murray
DPP: Zayele vs. eden
ADV: 0kay vs. mitana
GSC: Conflict vs. Amaranth
RBY: Oiseau Bleu vs. Torchic

logo5.png
Qwilfish.gif

Zacian Waifus (4) vs. (8) Qwilfish Qwillas

Bo3 SS: Fogbound Lake vs. mncmt
SS: FatFighter2 vs. TonyFlygon
SS: TrueNora vs. Gareeb
SM: Terracotta vs. Lazy_bread27
ORAS: Mysterious M vs. Blim
BW: EviGaro vs. Thor
DPP: CMx vs. lax
ADV: SuperEpicAmpharos vs. 64 Squares*
GSC: Mr.378* vs. vani
RBY: kjdaas vs. Enigami

Nyaarz.png
giratina-origin.gif

Funky Frost Monkeys (4) vs. (8) InSomnia Giratinas

Bo3 SS: TJ vs. Aberforth
SS: Manaphy vs. The Strap
SS: Stallion vs. SiTuM
SM: Gondra vs. iry
ORAS: Cam vs. DNNP
BW: Lasen vs. KyogreF4N*
DPP: byronthewellwell vs. Stone_Cold
ADV: Heysup vs. Raph369
GSC: Isa* vs. CursedStar
RBY: Ctown6 vs. Frrf

Bo3 SS: Skarph* vs. Fc
ORAS: Samqian vs. obii*

ADV: SuperEpicAmpharos vs. 64 Squares*
GSC: Mr.378* vs. vani

ORAS: Cam vs. Melle2402
BW: Lasen vs. KyogreF4N*
GSC: Isa* vs. CursedStar
Deadline is January, 24th, 11:59 PM GMT+8 / 4:59 PM GMT+1 / 10:59 AM GMT-5 / 7:59 AM GMT-8

Last edited:

Ara

Ara
Litwicks vs. Luminous Lunalas
(0-0)
Bo3 SS: Skarph vs. Fc
ORAS: Samqian vs. obii

Zacian Waifus vs. Qwilfish Qwillas
(0-0)
ADV: SuperEpicAmpharos vs. 64 Squares
GSC: Mr.378 vs. vani

Funky Frost Monkeys vs. InSomnia Giratinas
(0-0)
BW: Lasen vs. KyogreF4N
GSC: Isa vs. CursedStar

(7-3)

(5-5)
GSC: Isa vs. CursedStar

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Biased predictions.

(0-0)
Bo3 SS: Skarph vs. Fc - Gonna load clicker stuff and click
SS: Luna's Banned now vs. Lunala - SusCanada
SS: baconeatinassassin vs. xavgb - Toss up
SM: Zesty43 vs. HunterStorm - Long as he don't bring some Deo-A 6-0d by Zygarde shit
BW: Leru vs. Carl Murray - Goat
DPP: Zayele vs. eden - l2p eden, but it's the thought that counts
GSC: Conflict vs. Amaranth - Think this game is a toss up but I'm expecting a sub on Conflict before anything.

Zacian Waifus vs. Qwilfish Qwillas
(0-0)
SS: FatFighter2 vs. TonyFlygon - Think tony is the better player but FF2 puts together better stuff that I think will give him the edge and is important in SS. Then again Tony loaded Teapot one time and caught a body lol.
SS: TrueNora vs. Gareeb - Toss up cause Gareeb might just load some matchup fish and win off that
DPP: CMx vs. lax - no idea who cmx is and lax can pilot most stuff granted proper support.
ADV: SuperEpicAmpharos vs. 64 Squares - A highlight game
GSC: Mr.378 vs. vani - This is actually another highlight game too once you get over the reality this format and game probably gonna be loaded with RNG

Funky Frost Monkeys
vs. InSomnia Giratinas
(0-0)
Bo3 SS: TJ vs. Aberforth - Similar to Tony vs FF2 granted a bit closer. Aberforth played one SCL and got lot better.
SS: Manaphy vs. The Strap - The Strap is more up to date. Also it's The Strap, imagine not bolding.
SS: Stallion vs. SiTuM - Idk, Stallion lives on the ladder apparently so could be close might just come down to which Caly wins first, ie SS moment.
DPP: byronthewellwell vs. Stone_Cold - There is a realistic possibility Stone Cold will win all or most of his games off some last mon reverse sweep lol
GSC: Isa vs. CursedStar - I've played Isa before and I think he's very hard to prep for with some good theory / practice behind him so he can do well in the GSC pool if he doesn't meme too much.
RBY: Ctown6 vs. Frrf - He got a co-sign in a mock and honestly haven't watched much RBY Ubers yet to make an unbias call.

(sorry i dont know about some players)

[ 4-2 ]

[3-5]

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Since I'm managing in a tour again, it is time to bring back the official Dream Predicts™ (iry since u wanted them back so badly). It has been almost 3 years but it's time to look at this slate of games and call who's going to win:

Litwicks (5) vs. (7) Luminous Lunalas

Bo3 SS: Skarph* vs. Fc - Fardin starts off his manager tenure with the worst boost I can think of, Skarph is a phenomenal player and could absolutely win vs anyone (he also just beat Fc in AG Circuit Finals) but Fc is a much more experienced and polished Ubers player and should be avoided with your boost for now. Skarph should put up a fight but he'll ultimately lose so I guess the Lunalas should thank Fardin for the free wins (and he's not even the one playing this time).

SS: Luna's Banned now vs. Lunala - The battle of the Lunas, winner gets the name, loser gets the shame! Big Tuna is actually a fine player and people give him shit for no real reason but I'm a really big fan of Lunala's game and she should be able to win barring any unfortunate turns. Both solid players, one more solid than the other.

SS: baconeatinassassin vs. xavgb - I'm not entirely sure how good xavgb is but I've heard good things, however, bacon has really impressed me whenever I've seen him play so I'm bolding the one I'm sure of over the uncertainty of the other.

SM: Zesty43 vs. HunterStorm - After going for like 43k in the past few team tours, these 2 guys went for incredibly cheap, maybe they're washed? Who knows, only time will tell, however, I expect this to be a decent game but Zesty will probably bring some unviable dogshit and lose because of it. Playing-wise both are very good players though so it should at least be fun if they're not too too rusty.

ORAS: Samqian vs. obii* - If Samqian manages to avoid getting banned before the end of the week, he should give obii a decent game at least. Obii is definitely the better player here but Samqian is sneaky good in ORAS. I'll go for obii because I have more confidence in his game + his ability to avoid infraction points.

BW: Leru vs. Carl Murray - Carl is just straight up better. Leru plays a little bit of every gen but is not great at any of them and Edna has just consistently been putting up results in BW so I don't expect this to change any time soon unless maybe a certain 3-letter banned user shows up and clicks some buttons for the german.

DPP: Zayele vs. eden - I think eden is quite good, but Zayele is just different. She rarely plays in tours but every time she does I'm thoroughly impressed. She is excellent and should give eden a very tough first loss (Fardin this is the slot you should have boosted by the way).

ADV: 0kay vs. mitana - Mitana is a solid up-and-comer who helped Bandits during UPL but 0kay is a savvy veteran who's seen it all and consistently puts up good ADV scores. I don't really see a way 0kay loses this unless he gets bad luck in some way (if I was 0kay I'd def suggest playing Bo3).

GSC: Conflict vs. Amaranth - Highlight of the series for me, 2 very impressive GSC players who play the game the right way. I would not be shocked at all to see Amaranth squeak one out with how well he's played GSC Ubers and how much he likes the tier, but I must bold the favourite here in Conflict, who had a great UPL and has always collected wins in Ubers.

RBY: Oiseau Bleu vs. Torchic - Most consistent RBY Ubers player.

Zacian Waifus (7) vs. (5) Qwilfish Qwillas

Bo3 SS: Fogbound Lake vs. mncmt - mence is actually a dark horse candidate to have the best SS record on his team. I rate him quite highly and while Fog is solid, he has choked a few games in recent memory (namely vs The Strap in UPL Semis :c). Expecting the "upset" here for the brazilian phenom.

SS: FatFighter2 vs. TonyFlygon - Highlight of the series for sure, 2 great SS players duking it out. If FatFighter2 can resist the temptation to bring Zigzagoon dogshit then he definitely has a chance but I do not trust him to stop playing waifubot and actually build different stuff, so I'm going with Tony who always shows up for team tours. Should be a good one regardless.

SS: TrueNora vs. Gareeb - Gareeb is pretty decent, but Nora has consistently impressed since bursting onto the ubers scene in 2020 and has shown no real signs of stopping. The australian has the scheduling shenanigans on his side (weaponised his timezone into a free-ass win vs Garay Oak in UPL) and should be a more sound player going into this game as well.

SM: Terracotta vs. Lazy_bread27 - 2 solid players, terra has seemed a bit unmotivated/washed up lately so I'm not sure what's up with that and while Plat has been hit-or-miss in team tours, I trust his current SM form a bit more than the demigod's.

ORAS: Mysterious M vs. Blim - I don't know what's gotten to M in the past year or so but it's felt like he's just stopped in time and not progressed much. He's not bad but Blim is an elite player (even though he's not playing his best gen) and should handily dispatch whatever diancie team MM decides to roll up with.

BW: EviGaro vs. Thor - I love Thorx but I don't think he's very good at BW at all. Maybe he proves me wrong but I feel like the Qwillas were better served playing him in DPP and lax in BW where he's already shown a couple flashes in. Either way, these two haven't really impressed me much in Ubers so I don't exactly expect a thriller here but who knows maybe Evigaro stomps Thorx or Thorx' luck stomps Evigaro idk.

DPP: CMx vs. lax - No idea who CMx is but lax is fire and should win vs the random.

ADV: SuperEpicAmpharos vs. 64 Squares* - Very interesting matchup, 64 is definitely the better overall player but I think SEA is more involved and down with ADV, so it should definitely be a close one. I think SEA is slightly favoured here but this is definitely anyone's game. Any other gen I'd bold 64 though.

GSC: Mr.378* vs. vani - vani is not bad but 378 is just better and he went for 25k so he should be hungry to showcase why and to prove everyone who clowned his price wrong. I personally think 378 is pretty good and vani is an average GSC player at best so I'm going with my friend Daniel.

RBY: kjdaas vs. Enigami - Kim is heat and she will win, that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)