Ubers X&Y Fantasy: The Typing Of Fairy Tales! (UPDATE: FAIRY TYPE'S CHART CONFIRMED!!)

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ubers X&Y Fantasy

Hey lets face it, all metagames start to get a bit boring when a new generation approaches. Wouldn't it be nice to get some substantial Gen 6 info? Well too bad, Gamefreak doesn't play that way! So instead, I've decided to start a fun thread series to keep us occupied!

This is the Ubers X&Y Fantasy series! Every 1-2 weeks (depending on activity of the thread), I will propose an outlandish, earth shattering mechanical change of sorts, one that would dramatically change aspects of the Ubers metagame. The goal here is simple: use your knowledge of our current Ubers metagame, to theorize just how these unlikely mechanical changes would change Ubers! This can be done by pointing out individual buffed Pokémon, how unchanged standards would handle this metagame, how this would effect current trends in the metagame, you name it. As long as you post intelligently, you've made a good contribution to this thread!

When this thread is near its end, I will post an online poll, so you guys can also choose the next topic for this series! Make sure to PM or VM me ideas for the poll!

Episode 1: The Typing Of Fairy Tales!

I'm sure you guys have heard about that Fairy-type rumor. While it does have some credibility due to one of the leakers getting some English XY names right... it also sounds like a total fanboy typing. I mean seriously, an immunity to Dragon? That sounds like something #Pokemon would have come up with! Tall tale or not though, I think discussing this typing seriously is a good start for our series of professional Ubers speculation!

Lets say, Gamefreak decided to take the most balls to the wall aproach to this possible, and gave a crap ton of Pokémon a Fairy typing? I've decided to take this to its most logical limit, giving every Pokémon who was in the fairy egg group a fairy typing, Pokémon that sorta look mystical a Fairy typing, and quite a few I just pulled out of my ass for discussion's sake. Below is all you need to know about the "Fairy typing" for this thread. It looks intimidating, but don't worry, if you want, you can just pick a mon with an intresting typing from this list to discuss, or just discuss how a bunch of Fairy types in general would change the Ubers metagame!

BREAKING NEWS: FAIRY's TYPING CHART GOT CONFIRMED!! HERES THE CONFIRMED STUFF, THE STUFF NOT IN BOLD IS EITHER RUMORED OR SPECULATION

Sylveon, Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, Mawile, and Marill are all part Fairy!
Defensive Typing
Weak to:

Resists:

Immune:

Offensive Typing
Resisted by:

Super Effective against:

And here is the giant crazy list of "Fairy" Pokémon for the purpose of discussion!

Pure Fairy: Fairy Arceus is the only one baby!

Audino
Azuril
Blissey
Castform
Chansey
Clefable
Clefairy
Cleffa
Delcatty
Granbull
Igglybuff
Jigglypuff
Skitty
Snubull
Togepi
Wigglytuff

Accelgor
Beautifly
Butterfree
Illumise
Volbeat
Yanmega

Absol
Liepard
Weavile
Zoroark

Altaria
Druddigon
Shelgon

Minun
Pachirisu
Pichu
Pikachu
Plusle
Raichu
Raikou

Breloom
Conkeldurr
Gallade
Medicham
Mienshao

Entei
Ninetales
Victini

Swoobat
Togekiss
Togetic
Xatu

Banette
Cofagrigus
Gengar
Mismagius

Budew
Celebi
Cherrim
Cherubi
Cottonee
Hoppip
Jumpluff
Roselia
Roserade
Shaymin
Shroomish
Skiploom
Whimsicott

Claydol
Golurk
Nidoking

Cryogonal
Froslass
Glalie
Jynx
Regice
Vanilluxe

Garbodor
Muk
Nidoqueen
Swalot
Weezing

Azelf
Cresselia
Mesprit
Mew
Uxie

Gigalith
Lunatone
Regirock
Solrock
Sudowoodo

Bronzong
Jirachi
Klinklang
Mawile
Registeel

Alomomola
Azumarill
Manaphy
Marill
Phione
Politoed
Suicune

Last edited by a moderator:
Normal/Fairy Chansey will be insanely hard to kill because of that immunity to Dragon-type attacks! No more Outrage killing your poor blob :D Always hated how Mixed Rayquaza finishing you off with Outrage? Hate that Kyurem-B spamming Outrage on you? Not any more! Chansey will easily wall Kyurem-B with a physically defensive set lol. Sadly, Rayquaza can still V-Create you but only the Swords Dance set can get past Chansey really. Here are some calculations.

When you use Bold Chansey, just go all out with physical Defense and HP since you still have huge Special Defense anyway , you need to maximize all the physical bulk you can get.

252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 523-616 (74.28 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 0%

252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 291-343 (41.33 - 48.72%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 563-663 (79.97 - 94.17%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, now you are immune to this!
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 412-486 (58.52 - 69.03%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
You can't outstall this sadly but Chansey can Softboiled for a bit then switch out to something else, by that time Rayquaza will be outrun by almost anything. That immunity to Dragon does make Chansey unable to weaken Draco Meteors on the switch in though :( but Rayquaza can't spam Outrage on you anymore.

The Dragon Dancer does not like using V-Create, and if that's the case, Chansey walls Rayquaza completely unless Earthquake is used over a Fire-type move but then you can wall Rayquaza with things like Skarmory. Fire Blast/Overheat will tickle Chansey and ExtremeSpeed is just too weak.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 313-369 (44.46 - 52.41%) -- 20.7% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 250-295 (35.51 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 209-247 (29.68 - 35.08%) -- 17.02% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 516-607 (73.29 - 86.22%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, this is too bad, Zekrom has no problem killing you, but that means it has to predict whether to Bolt Strike or Outrage to break a defensive core, especially when Chansey's most common partners are Groudon and Giratina, both are capable of tanking Bolt Strike easily.

252 Atk Lustrous Orb Palkia Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 295-348 (41.9 - 49.43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO, you don't have to risk this 2HKO after Stealth Rock anymore, if Chansey is part Fairy type. However, Specs Palkia will 2HKO you Hydro Pump in rain then, if you go with Bold :[

252 Atk Lustrous Orb Palkia Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in rain: 331-391 (47.01 - 55.53%) -- 74.22% chance to 2HKO, you still can't avoid a 2HKO from this :[ but a simple switch in to Groudon can easily solve it.

252 SpA Choice Specs Palkia Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey in rain: 313-370 (44.46 - 52.55%) -- 21.48% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Dialga Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 320-376 (45.45 - 53.4%) -- 35.55% chance to 2HKO, with part Fairy, Chansey will fear nothing from Dialga, as it is immune to Outrage while Brick Break just can't muscle past Chansey. Unlike Palkia, Dialga has no STAB boosted by weather so it is easily walled.

252 Atk Life Orb Dialga Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 265-315 (37.64 - 44.74%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

--

Oh since Theorymon just made Cresselia a fairy I will post some calculations on it :D Cresselia might just outclass Lugia a bit as a Dragon-type check with this new typing.

252 SpA Choice Specs Palkia Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cresselia: 261-307 (58.78 - 69.14%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, Surf does Surf: 46.62 - 54.95%. Well in rain it still beats you, but in any other weather, Cresselia can wall Palkia easily, and this is assuming a physically defensive spread.

252 Atk Lustrous Orb Palkia Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia in rain: 160-189 (36.03 - 42.56%) -- 95.73% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Lustrous Orb Palkia Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cresselia: 166-196 (37.38 - 44.14%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Lustrous Orb Palkia Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia in rain: 186-220 (41.89 - 49.54%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Palkia Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia in sun: 132-156 (29.72 - 35.13%) -- guaranteed 4HKO, Palkia is easily walled in the sun by Cresselia. The problem with these rain calculations is Cresselia has no recovery in rain, just a measly 25% with moonlight :[

With the new Dragon immunity, Latios will be easily countered by Cresselia.
252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 118-139 (26.57 - 31.3%) -- possible 4HKO
+1 252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 176-208 (39.63 - 46.84%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. For those lacking Thunder or the weather is not rain, Cresselia will be even happier, as Latios has to use that weak Grass Knot or Hidden Power Fire to barely scratch this super swan. Ugh if it is in sun to power up Hidden Power Fire, Cresselia has a boosted Moonlight!

Thanks to Cresselia's already good support movepool, she can always reply with status or setup screens but the lack of real recovery sucks.

Kyurem-B is now incapable of even hurting Cresselia much as Ice Beam and Fusion Bolt are weak.
252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 140-165 (31.53 - 37.16%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 188-222 (42.34 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Kyurem-W has a better chance but Cresselia can still take it on.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem-W Fusion Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia in sun: 198-234 (44.59 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 187-222 (42.11 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Same case with Chansey, Zekrom can still Bolt Strike you for the 2HKO if it holds a Choice Band :[

With these defensive pokemon being immune to Dragon, having Steel-types on your defensive teams might not be necessary at all, but most Spikes users are part Steel anyway :( Having an extra Dragon-type switch in is always awesome for any Ubers team.

Steel moves are rare in Ubers anyway except for Genesect's Iron Head or maybe Steel Arceus. Poison is almost non existent except for a few rare users such as Venusaur. Theorymon brought up a Dragon Tail immune! So now Chansey completely walls the standard Giratina-O set lol, you can't Dragon Tail that blob away anymore and let it take hazards damage. That poor thing can even Outrage Chansey lol, leaving the best option as Earthquake.

248+ Atk Griseous Orb Giratina-O Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 322-381 (45.73 - 54.11%) -- 46.88% chance to 2HKO, now this becomes an immunity.
248+ Atk Giratina-O Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 150-177 (21.3 - 25.14%) -- possible 4HKO

dragon/fairy (lgi drud and altaria) sounds amazing, u get all the benefits that come with dragon types (dragon STAB, water + grass + fire + electric resist) AND not only do you lose the dragon weakness, you become completely immune to it

reshiram no longer has his unresisted stab as water fairy, fire fairy, rock fairy and dragon fairy all resist them both (but he was pretty much unused anyway, poor reshi)

but honestly i doubt the whole thing because of this:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/what-do-you-want-gen-6-a-117911/index178.html#post4710941
unless this is an elaborate ruse to leak without leaking (if that makes any sense)

canno

formerly The Reptile
So Celebi looks pretty cool as a Palkia check (iirc, Palkia usually doesn't run Ice Beam), and a Rain check in general (Although Ice Beam will wreck it's shit :( ), and maybe as a Dragon check in general (Fire moves sucks though, but I guess you could run it in Rain?). It has a decent enough movepool (both offensively and defensively) and a good base 100 speed. 100/100/100 bulk is also OK, and 100/100 offenses is decent enough too (although a bit on the low side). I'd imagine maybe a set of Physical Fairy STAB / Stealth Rock / Recover / U-Turn being used?

Also, would Dragons start carrying Steel- and Poison-type moves for Fairies, or would they stick with their old coverage? There aren't any pure Fairy-types (outside of Arceus-Fairy, which looks pretty good imo), and Steel- and Poison-type sucks horribly offensively.

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
but honestly i doubt the whole thing because of this:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/what-do-you-want-gen-6-a-117911/index178.html#post4710941
unless this is an elaborate ruse to leak without leaking (if that makes any sense)
Don't worry too much if the Fairy type isn't real, this thread series will have FAR more outlandish, unlikely topics later. The point is more to use our Ubers knolwedge in a new, fun way, I just thought using something a bit topical would be a nice way to start things off!

Anyways, I'll point out some specific mons later, but something I find interesting is that the Fairy typing could nerf phazing a nice bit. Dragon Tail has become pretty damn common, so forcing stuff like Groudon, Dialga, and especially Giratina to use Roar would make their phazing skills less powerful! On the other hand, this could also make Substitute a bit less common, since Roar ignores that.

So Celebi looks pretty cool as a Palkia check (iirc, Palkia usually doesn't run Ice Beam), and a Rain check in general (Although Ice Beam will wreck it's shit :( ), and maybe as a Dragon check in general (Fire moves sucks though, but I guess you could run it in Rain?). It has a decent enough movepool (both offensively and defensively) and a good base 100 speed. 100/100/100 bulk is also OK, and 100/100 offenses is decent enough too (although a bit on the low side). I'd imagine maybe a set of Physical Fairy STAB / Stealth Rock / Recover / U-Turn being used?
I sorta like the idea of using Calm Mind Celebi in the rain. CM + Rain means that it can handle most fire type attacks, and if for any reason there was good Fairy STAB in this meta, I'd even think about something like a Baton Pass set.

A fairy type would be excellent to cover the dozens of dragon types on ubers. A trickroom posted, only Zekrom, Rayquaza and Palkia would have a chance os getting past Chansey now. However, just I must notice that with that spread you gave to Chansey, Specs Dialga Flash Cannon has a 99.66 of 2HKO"ing Chansey with SR, and with a Fairy type existing, Dialga will most likely use Flash Cannon more. Mixed Dialga may also use Iron head to 2HKO Chansey, making Chansey uncapable of countering Dialga. I"m pretty sure that Kyurem-B has Iron Head, which will also 2HKO Chansey.

Theorymon

I might as well bring up one of the elephants in the room here: Fairy Arceus. I think this is going to be a pretty serious Arceus forme here. Arceus is bulky as hell, so the lack of resistances won't hurt it too much, and that immunity to Dragon is of course, excellent. Additionally, Fairy is a damn good attacking type: Only Fire and Psychic resist it! While support Fairy Arceus would probably be viable, I'm thinking more along the lines of a Calm Mind set myself.

Arceus @ Pixie Plate (lol I had to give it that name)
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe Timid (this EV spread is lazy for now, I'll think of other ones later if you guys dont beat me to it).
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Judgment
-Dark Pulse / Surf / Flamethrower / Some other moves I'm forgetting since I haven't thought too much about the best coverage move

Even without the SpA investment, +1 Judgment does 57.25 - 67.99% to Specially Defensive Giratina. Considering how bulky that thing is, that's pretty bad news for most other Dragons! And with that bulk, a lot of Dragons aren't going to have an easy time busting through Fairyceus, most are going to have to rely on "on the switch" tatics. Think stuff like Rayquaza spamming V-create on predicted Fariyceus switch-ins.

KratosBrazil's post inspired me to do some Dialga calcs btw, and they aren't bad: SpD Blissey can get 2HKOed after hazards from Specs Flash Cannon, and while Chansey isn't 2HKOed, it does have to watch out for Special Defense drops! Also, Specs Flash Cannon actually OHKOs max HP Fairyceus after Stealth Rock damage! Mixed Dialga also does over 50% with Iron Head. Now of course, I wouldn't switch Dialga in, since Fairyceus can nuke it, but Fariyceus sure as hell can't switch safely into Dialga either, so I guess Dialga finally has justification to use its Steel STAB in this fantasy metagame o_O.

Dragon Inmnuity would be a pain for the Ubers metagame, and with this.. Steel-type moves will increase its usage.
For example, Genesect may start using a Choice Band/Choice Specs to possibly get a +2 Atk/+2 Sp. Atk.
252Atk Choice Band +1 Genesect (Neutral) Iron Head vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 52% - 61% (367 - 433 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO --> This is assuming neutrality to Steel type. So it will be able to KO this blob.

I'll imagine the that utility of the immunity will make running a Fairy type one of those near requirements for future teams. This'll heavily punish choiced Dragon sets and Outrage seeing as they could be throwing free turns their way. Dragons with strong secondary typings, like Palkia, will stay good wallbreakers but guys like Latios are really going to be gimped. Fairy type is pretty incomplete in general but fortunately (?) it doesn't have common weaknesses so it can easily be combo'd with just about any typing and benefit the both of them. The fact that it is only resisted by SR weak Fire mons and Pursuit weak Psychic mons worry me as it may just end up the new Dragon type. Although, this will partly depend on whether it'll get the obnoxiously strong moves the Dragons did (ie Outrage/Draco Meteor). I wan to see this thing become a reality but I would like there to be some more resists added to it. (as well as things that resist it)

Fairy typing may seem broken at first glance due to the abundance of Dragons in the tier. They also happen to be immune to Dragon Tail, one of the 2 common phazing moves (Skarmory and Hippowdon need more usage). Although it's resisted by Fire and the common Psychic, it can easily get around that with coverage.
One notable example is Manaphy. When under rain, the Tail Glow set can easily OHKO most Fire and Psychic Pokemon with Surf, while CM has reliable recovery and power advantage, although it loses to Psystrike and both lose to the Eon twins.

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Manaphy Surf vs. +2 4 HP / 0 SpD Mewtwo in rain: 343-405 (96.89 - 114.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Not only that, the Water typing removes its Steel weakness, so Dialga can only hope to beat it with Roar. Manaphy no longer needs to choose between Ice Bean or Grass Knot when using Rest, but can instead use its STAB Fairy type moves, which offer good neutral coverage with Water.

However, there are a few reasons why Steels may be better for walling Dragons. (Correct me if my facts are wrong) Steel has an abundance of resistances, so it is a better defensive type overall. Also, unlike Fairies, they can set up on the turns spent on Outrage which would stop immediately against Fairies. Similarly, they can reduce the opponent's SAtk by 2 stages of Draco Meteor was used, forcing a switch and granting a free turn plus hazard damage on opponent.

Still, Fairy is an incredible typing.

Unlike Melee Mewtwo, I'm gonna say "This better not be happening!!!"

Jynx looks interesting, being immune to the two best attacking types (arguably) in Ubers: Water and Dragon. Now you can set up on not just Kyogre, but basically any choice locked Dragon. Ice/Fairy is a somewhat redundant offensive combination though, and unless an amazing Fairy attack is introduced, Jynx will most likely run a mono-attacking set.

In general though, having only one resist isn't particularly useful, even if it is to a type as strong as Dragon. Especially when every Ubers Dragon has a powerful secondary STAB that could easily break through any fairy that is not defensively inclined. I honestly can't see the type completely shutting out dragons, as it's not their type that solely makes them so strong, it's the absurd tools that they're given to abuse their typing with.

Seriously, V-Create Rayquaza? I'm still pissed off at that...

Defensive Fairy's will need either raw bulk (Chansey, Arc) or a good secondary defensive typing to really profit from it. Either way, it'll mean the end out Outrage and Choice Locked attacks seeing as the immunities will be commonplace. Dragons like Palkia and Ray will be fine, though.

Theorymon

Something small I was thinking about: Not all these Pokémon will benefit from becoming part Fairy. For example, While Fairy / Steel is pretty good for Jirachi (giving it a resist against dark and bug), it now gains a weakness to Fighting that it didn't have before, while poor Jynx becomes 4x weak to steel! I think this illustrates the fact that again, while Fairy is a damn good offensive typing with one excellent immunity, that one immunity only gets you so far, even if its Dragon you're immune to!

Yeah, taking Jirachi's Psychic typing away really screws it over as that neutrality to Fighting was its biggest niche as a Steel type wall.

Nidoking and Altaria receiving the Fairy typing as the above list describes would result in them sharing no typings whatsoever with the Pokemon immediately before them in their evolutionary lines, which at the moment is only true for Eevee... which would result in plenty of confusion with fighting them at first.

Nidoking would go from double-resisting Poison to being neutral to it... not that that would come up very often, but it just seems mindblowing.

I must notice hoje good Dialga will be in this metagame. Not only Dialga will have a even better typing, being the only Dragon type not weak to fairy, dragon and ice(as all dragon types in the game would have a weakness to one of those types at least. With Dialga insane coverage and STAB Dragon alongside STAB Steel to hit the Fairy type for SE damage, alongside Aura Sphere/Fire Blast/Thunder/Eartth Power. As said before, Blissey/Chansey will have trouble walling Specs Dialga since it will have a SE STAB against them(but it is impressive that Chansey can tare a SE STAB coming from a 657 SpA, is there no end for her Special bulk?) and the now better Cresselia will also fail to it. Dialga will be a impressive threat in this possible meta. Not that Dialga is bad, as it is a massive threat even on the current meta, one of the best mons in the game as of now, but I see it becoming a S-threat in this pseudo-meta.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
I must notice hoje good Dialga will be in this metagame. Not only Dialga will have a even better typing, being the only Dragon type not weak to fairy, dragon and ice(as all dragon types in the game would have a weakness to one of those types at least. With Dialga insane coverage and STAB Dragon alongside STAB Steel to hit the Fairy type for SE damage, alongside Aura Sphere/Fire Blast/Thunder/Eartth Power. As said before, Blissey/Chansey will have trouble walling Specs Dialga since it will have a SE STAB against them(but it is impressive that Chansey can tare a SE STAB coming from a 657 SpA, is there no end for her Special bulk?) and the now better Cresselia will also fail to it. Dialga will be a impressive threat in this possible meta. Not that Dialga is bad, as it is a massive threat even on the current meta, one of the best mons in the game as of now, but I see it becoming a S-threat in this pseudo-meta.
Nowhere here is Steel resisting Fairy mentioned, so if this information is correct Dialga would be weak to Fairy. That being said, Dialga should indeed thrive in such a metagame, even more than it does now.

Nowhere here is Steel resisting Fairy mentioned, so if this information is correct Dialga would be weak to Fairy. That being said, Dialga should indeed thrive in such a metagame, even more than it does now.
Oh, I didn't readed it correctly, Steel hits the fairy type for SE damage but does not resist it. Well, so Dialga will not be as good as I thought, but it is still good.

It doesn't have any, it's one of the odd things about it. (and why I hope this rumor is only half true) It needs another type to really get a useful array of resists or massive amounts of bulk since a single immunity just isn't defensive enough. (although it opens some nice potential)

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
As I said on irc last night I don't like a lot of these with Fairy typing because of their effects on other metagames, just because it's an Uber discussion I can't ignore others. Yanmega, Liepard line, all Dragons, Breloom, Ninetales, Victini (this one has 4x Fairy resist normally lets keep that!), Togekiss line, Xatu, Celebi, Shaymin, maybe Cresselia, Jirachi, Politoed, and Suicune are all the Pokemon listed so far that I think sound too good with Fairy typing. Since new mechanics and Pokemon aren't taken into consideration it is obvious that the opinions can easily change in the future. As you can see, I currently don't think Fairy type will be good for the game. Since Fairy is lacking in the resistance department I think it's a safe assumption it would have some strong offensive options.

There are two metagames I see not minding Fairy typing, as we can imagine, too much and Ubers is one of them. Ubers is filled with strong Psychics and Fire types that most tiers don't have anything similar to. Dialga remains a strong as fuck Dragon but now has to run Flash Cannon and gains an extra weakness, Darkrai has an even harder time coming in and mons like Mewtwo, Lugia, and Ho-oh become even stronger.

The only Pokemon listed that I really like the idea of with Fairy typing is Manaphy. It is a very nice switch-in to Reshiram/Kyurem-W while not making Dragons totally useless because they have the option to carry Thunder, Dialga's Flash Cannon wouldn't be SE and a Dragon that I think really deserves more usage, Zekrom, wouldn't mind this at all. Manaphy obviously benefits from the always common Kyogre and I don't think this upgrade would be too large of a discouragement from running Groudon.

I don't think any of the listed mons would benefit as much as Manaphy would. Jynx could be cool but it still suffers its defensive problems. Zoroark could be very scary with a new strong STAB disguised as something like Ferrothorn, Forretress, Arceus, or Kyogre (assuming Rain is already up) but it's a tougher mon to play in Ubers, because of its defenses and the abundance of hazards, and Team Preview will always haunt it.

Theorymon

Just another small thing I was thinking about: Latias in this metagame

Now, I think Latias is going to be having issues with any Fairy type that tries to get defensive (like Toxic Fairy Arceus), but I think it can actually do fairly well against a lot of offensive ones. Psychic means it isn't weak to Fairy, and as well all know, Latias has got a ton of special bulk. In particular, CM Latias can actually win a CM War vs Fairy Arceus if she runs Psyshock, which is pretty great since most Dragons have to rely on hitting it on the switch! So overall, while Latias isn't going to like defenisve Fairies, I think it'll handle the metagame better than some other Dragons!

If EK wasn't everywhere I could see myself trying out Weavile. Dark/Fairy gives him STABs against Dragon and Psychic which accounts for what +75% of the meta? Only sad thing is that it would lose Ice STAB which was useful against most physical walls (Groudon, Giratina, Lugia althought Night Slash would still hit for SE damage to the last two).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)