Uh, Christmas. Who cares, I'm going to stall 8D [BW OU RMT]

*ahem* It's stall time here. I know, stall here, in BW, is ....mh..nearly impossible. That's it. There are Gliscor, Reuniclus, Haxorus. We all know it. But this doesn't mean that I can't even try it, isn't it? Well, just like every time I post a team, I would say that is time to see this team
AT A GLANCE

Since this team didn't start from a Pokémon alone, is difficult to tell my Team Building. Well, I began from the bottom: the Rapid Spinner. Having a Spinner is crucial for a Stall Team: just think the amount of switches I have to do between SR, Spikes, Rapin Spin itself, Aromatherapy, Roar, antispinner... Without it, even a single layer of Spikes will be crucial to determine my team's death. So I choose one of the best spinners in the game,
. Only a weakness, great Defense stat, entry hazards, the damn Pain Split, Dragon resistance. I don't need anything else to say that is a wonderful Pokémon to begin with. Well, now I have Spikes and Rapid Spin. It's time to put Forretress best friend,
, which comes with an immunity to fire, Stealth Rocks, great bulk, a lot of other resistances, Lava Plume, Roar. And he's immune to burn and poison. What else? That's great.
Ok, now other Heatrans with Air Balloon destroy my little combo. That's bad. Well, that's why I gave life to a washing machine: say hi to the best bulky water in the game,
. Only a weakness, Grass, easily solved by
, best Gliscor counter, handy Ground immunity, great Special Attack, Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, good defenses. Not bad for a washing machine, uh? Anyway. Now I have 2 types of hazards on the field, a phazer, but no one who protects them. In few words, an Antispinner. I need someone to take down that damn blob, Reuniclus, who loves to dismantle Stall teams with the blink of an eye. Well, I think I'll troll you, Mr. Pudding, because you can't even touch
, and he setups on you like a boss. Problems, blob? A +6 Dark Pulse is too much even for you? Too bad.
Well, time to choose the one who will put down Toxic Spikes. A Healer would be cool too. So I choose a great underestimated Pokémon,
. Second status absorber, Healer, TSpiker, one of the best Rotom-W counters. Bulky Grass, with him I close my FGW core made by Rotom-W, Heatran and her. Leaf Storm is epic. Ok, time to see what I forgot to cover. Mh, Conkeldurr is a bitch. Lucario too. And Terrakion even more. Ok, it's time to shine,
, with a defensive set. Ok, that was my team, now let's have
A CLOSER LOOK

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Protect

WHY THIS POKÉMON?
It absorbs every non-super effective special attack with ease, and phazes away enemies. A great Volcarona's counter. He eats fire and is the only Pokémon able to resist Dragon+Fire combo.

WHY THOSE MOVES?
Stealth Rock is always a great move for a Pokémon. Lava Plume burns and easies a lot his walling work even against physical opponents. Protect easies prediction and gives me another Leftovers turn. Nothing else. Just what I need.

WHY THOSE EVS?
I wanted to give him the best spread to resist special moves. 252 HP EVs help in defense too.

Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Pain Split
- Rapid Spin

WHY THIS POKÉMON?
Haxorus is a damn powerful Pokémon, but Forretress is able to take him. Landorus isn't able to pass through, and even Terrakion has problems with it. That's so lovely.

WHY THOSE MOVES?
Spikes is my second type of entry hazards here. Since he has a lot of resistances, switch-in and put a layer is easy. Rapid Spin because I hate hazards on my field. e_e Pain Split to steal my opponent's life and Gyro Ball for a powerful STAB.

WHY THOSE EVS?
252 HP EVs are standard. 252 Def EVs since I have to stop Outrages with him. 4 in Atk are for the lol.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 114 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Water]
WHY THIS POKÉMON?

WHY THOSE MOVES?
Thunderbolt is mainly for Jellicent, Gyarados and other Rotom-W. HP Water is strange, I know, but I hate SubProtectScor, and with HPump I would lose to them. W-o-W is cool and Pain Split is, again, to steal my opponent's power.

WHY THOSE EVS?
Standard EVs, for max power, good Speed and cool bulk.

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse

WHY THIS POKÉMON?
Together with Sableye and BulkyZor, I think it's the only total counter to Reuniclus. I can block Rapid Spin too, and Donphan/Forre/everyotherspinner is not going to do much damage to him.

WHY THOSE MOVES?
Well, that's a monoattacker. With Calm Mind I boost my special bulk, RestTalk to recover and Dark Pulse to let other die.

WHY THOSE EVS?
Having a boosting move for Sp.Defense, I put everything in HP and Def. That's logical.

Roserade (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest
- Aromatherapy
- Grass Knot

WHY THIS POKÉMON?
3 words: TOO-MUCH-UNDERESTIMATED. Oh come on, look at almost everythig! He can put TSpikes and Spikes, has Sleep Powder, Aromatherapy, Natural Cure, great Special Bulk, A LOT of special attack. I think it's enough.

WHY THOSE MOVES?
Third hazard layer. Rest is my way to heal and, together with Natural Cure, is great. Aromatherapy for every status problem. GKnot to deal huge damage to every bulky water.

WHY THOSE EVS?
Max HP for general bulk, a bit of defense to not fall against Pursuit and rest in Special Defense.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 56 Def / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Facade
- Protect

WHY THIS POKÉMON?
Another status absorber. A_A I needed another fight resistance, since Roserade has not so much physical bulk. I like scorpions, too.

WHY THOSE MOVES?
Quake to hit Lucario since it destroys my team. Taunt to prevent setup or Spikes. Protect for heal and Facade since is a powerful move even without boosts.

WHY THOSE EVS?
With those Speed EVs and Jolly Nature I outspeed Jolly Lucario, OHKOing him with Earthquake. 236 HP EVs for general bulk, rest in Defense.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Protect

Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Pain Split
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 114 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Water]

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse

Roserade (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest
- Aromatherapy
- Grass Knot

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 56 Def / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Facade
- Protect

RATE!

The biggest problem I see with this team I see is that latios destroys this team. You could try more sp def on spiritomb and use a Will o wisp, shadowball, rest, and pursuit. Burning the opponents team would help the stall and make spiritomb much more suitable for dual walling. You have fortress so dragons ohkoing tomb shouldn't be a problem.

Your rotom set is cool although with rose, who walls rotom ws and gliscor, who outspeeds lucario you could run volt switch on rotom w.

This team looks pretty good. Good Luck.

Solid team, but my biggest problem with it is you're lacking a cleric. I played stall myself and against a strong defensive team, I don't see this team outliving them. But that can be easily fixed as the options for cleric are big. Alomomola, blissey, vaporeon - pretty much anything with high hp can pass on a good wish.

And I can see an Alomomola + Tangrowth core completely shutting off this set since I ran one before. Tangrowth is a huge issue with your team. Gliscor won't hurt it at all, and pretty much everythign would barely do anything whilst Alomomola would shut off Heatran. Maybe if you like, a revenge killer would help eliminating defensive threats, Scizor is an excellent one.

Last but not least, I think getting some sort of continuous damage would be good like sandstorm or hail cause that'll tally up even harder. But anyways, good luck with your team.

Hey there

It seems as though this team has problems with Dragons + Magnezone. I would suggest running Volt Switch on Forretress, in order to save Forry and go into a more favorable match up.

Another thing I would suggest is changing out Spiritomb. Rest isn't very reliable tbh, and you already have Roserade as sleep switch in (and Gliscor if you have Toxic Orb up). I would switch Spiritomb with Sub-Disable Gengar. Gengar still acts as a spin blocker, and let's you have some offensive presence, as well as screwing up some opposing walls with Disable.

Lastly, I would swap Facade with either Ice Fang or Aerial Ace. You have Roserade for Rotom-W, so Facade is redundant. Ice Fang let's you hit Dragons who pose a pretty big threat while Aerial Ace let's you cleanly handle Bulk Up Breloom (although if you play it right, Taunt should be sufficient enough).

Hope I helped, good luck with the team!

Hey there

It seems as though this team has problems with Dragons + Magnezone. I would suggest running Volt Switch on Forretress, in order to save Forry and go into a more favorable match up.

Another thing I would suggest is changing out Spiritomb. Rest isn't very reliable tbh, and you already have Roserade as sleep switch in (and Gliscor if you have Toxic Orb up). I would switch Spiritomb with Sub-Disable Gengar. Gengar still acts as a spin blocker, and let's you have some offensive presence, as well as screwing up some opposing walls with Disable.

Lastly, I would swap Facade with either Ice Fang or Aerial Ace. You have Roserade for Rotom-W, so Facade is redundant. Ice Fang let's you hit Dragons who pose a pretty big threat while Aerial Ace let's you cleanly handle Bulk Up Breloom (although if you play it right, Taunt should be sufficient enough).

Fortress has shedshell, which allows him to avoid being trapped by any trapper.
If he switches tomb's spread to the one I suggested then his tomb is fine. Not only that but rest on a defensive pressure pokemon is very reliable when you have a pokemon that uses a team status healer.
Adding Gengar that has no reliable recovery at all would make his stall team that much weaker. Not to mention the fact that gengar isn't bulky at all.

I do however agree heavily with adding ice fang on gliscor instead of facade.

Hey dude, pretty solid team you have here, it has quite a few problems though. First and for most Espeon will always shit on your team because you can never phase it out. And the more offensive Celebi with both earth power and HP fire will always outright sweep you. Toxicroak and Scarfty with ice punch will be major problems. Finally Salamence and Infernape will always be able to punch multiple holes in this team.

First thing I have to note is Spirtomb doesn't do much at all for your team, I mean really scanning down the list, it only stops Reunicles. There are a few things that stop Reunicles fine, like Scizor and Jirachi. Although I think a specially defensive Dragonite might work, I say this because it also completely solved your espeon and Celebi problem. The only thing you lose is pride from using Spirtomb and rapid spin blocking, neither are too important in the metagame.

Rotom-W also seems off for a stall team, I suggest another bulky water in it's place. Gyarados would solve most of your remaining problems and adds even more phasing to the equation.

This still leaves some big problems, such as a new weakness to Cloyster and Landorus with Rotom-W gone, and Salamence is still a pain. So perhaps this isn't the best advice, but it does get rid of quite a few problems and make your net problems less. Perhaps replacing heatran and Spirtomb with Scizor/Jirachi might be something worth pondering, but I can't be bothered at the moment.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Don't have time to do a full rate (Merry Christmas!) but here is a Rotom-W set that might work better for you since it survives longer:

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpA / 144 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

This set can beat bulky Gliscor because Rest saves Rotom-W from Toxic. I am not sold that HP Water > Hydro Pump, but to each his own. Good luck with the team and Merry Christmas!

Looking at your team, I notice a few huge gaps: your team is not a stall team. A stall team requires at least a few things:
- Bulky walls/stallers that can heal themselves. If your Pokémon can't heal themselves they can't stakk out your opponent.
- Residual damage. You got hazards, yes, but no phazers, except for Heatran wich is your lead. In this way your opponent won't take much residual damage and ultimately may be able to set up and sweep.

So, I suggest to add the following things:

Tyranitar or Hippowdon. You may not like Sandstorm, but on a stall team having hail or sandstorm on your side is great and you really need the residual damage since you don't have much now. I can't really figure out wich Pokemon to replace so thats something to look for yourself, but I would replace Heatran with Hippowdon since he can also phaze and lay down Rocks, but also has the option to heal himself, a must for a stall team.

Lastly, I suggest a Blisey. Blissey can take on most problems mentioned above, since most of those are Special Attackers and Blissey can tank them for ages. A 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef with Leftovers and Wish/Protect/Toxic/Heal Bell would be the most fitting for this team. I suggest you replace her with Roserade.

Use Sableye with Taunt/Recover/Will-O-Wisp/Filler since you mentioned that Sableye can also counter Reuniclus and he fits your team better. So replace him with Spiritomb.

Last but not least, replace your Gliscor set to a more defensive set that can outstall your enemies. Since Roserade is replaced by Blissey here you don´t have Toxic Spikes so a set consisting of Toxic/Protect/Earthquake and in the 4th moveslot Roost or Ice Fang will fit this team better.

Good luck with your team sir, and merry christmas!

The biggest problem I see with this team I see is that latios destroys this team. You could try more sp def on spiritomb and use a Will o wisp, shadowball, rest, and pursuit. Burning the opponents team would help the stall and make spiritomb much more suitable for dual walling. You have fortress so dragons ohkoing tomb shouldn't be a problem.

Your rotom set is cool although with rose, who walls rotom ws and gliscor, who outspeeds lucario you could run volt switch on rotom w.

This team looks pretty good. Good Luck.
That Spiritomb set was chosen because of Reuniclus. With that I can begin a CMind war that I'm sure to win because the blob has no way to attack me. If I use a physical set with weak moves like pursuit, Reuniclus has no fear of me and can easily PP stall me and switch out when I use Rest. Latios: Spiritomb can take a hit even from Specs one, with a +1. The Life Orb one is a bit more difficult to kill, but the point is switch on a HP Fire/Surf so that I can resist easily the DPulse. Volt Switch is a good idea, I'll try it.

Solid team, but my biggest problem with it is you're lacking a cleric. I played stall myself and against a strong defensive team, I don't see this team outliving them. But that can be easily fixed as the options for cleric are big. Alomomola, blissey, vaporeon - pretty much anything with high hp can pass on a good wish.

And I can see an Alomomola + Tangrowth core completely shutting off this set since I ran one before. Tangrowth is a huge issue with your team. Gliscor won't hurt it at all, and pretty much everythign would barely do anything whilst Alomomola would shut off Heatran. Maybe if you like, a revenge killer would help eliminating defensive threats, Scizor is an excellent one.

Last but not least, I think getting some sort of continuous damage would be good like sandstorm or hail cause that'll tally up even harder. But anyways, good luck with your team.
Cleric isn't needed since every member of my team can heal himself (bar Heatran :c but has so many resistances that I can switch and recover with lefties+protect pretty easily). Tangrowth+Alomomola can't do anything to Roserade, who sets Toxic Spikes and heals the team. After that, I can switch to Scor and Taunt Tangrowth (if I'm sure that his Hidden Power isn't Ice). Then, switch to Tran and Roar spam.
Scizor: Scizor is good everywhere, but I can't decide who remove from the team. :\
Hey there

Hardcore answers to you °-°
Fortress has shedshell, which allows him to avoid being trapped by any trapper.
If he switches tomb's spread to the one I suggested then his tomb is fine. Not only that but rest on a defensive pressure pokemon is very reliable when you have a pokemon that uses a team status healer.
Adding Gengar that has no reliable recovery at all would make his stall team that much weaker. Not to mention the fact that gengar isn't bulky at all.

I do however agree heavily with adding ice fang on gliscor instead of facade.
Ice Fang is a good idea, I don't know why I put Facade on him D:
Hey dude, pretty solid team you have here, it has quite a few problems though. First and for most Espeon will always shit on your team because you can never phase it out. And the more offensive Celebi with both earth power and HP fire will always outright sweep you. Toxicroak and Scarfty with ice punch will be major problems. Finally Salamence and Infernape will always be able to punch multiple holes in this team.

First thing I have to note is Spirtomb doesn't do much at all for your team, I mean really scanning down the list, it only stops Reunicles. There are a few things that stop Reunicles fine, like Scizor and Jirachi. Although I think a specially defensive Dragonite might work, I say this because it also completely solved your espeon and Celebi problem. The only thing you lose is pride from using Spirtomb and rapid spin blocking, neither are too important in the metagame.

Rotom-W also seems off for a stall team, I suggest another bulky water in it's place. Gyarados would solve most of your remaining problems and adds even more phasing to the equation.

This still leaves some big problems, such as a new weakness to Cloyster and Landorus with Rotom-W gone, and Salamence is still a pain. So perhaps this isn't the best advice, but it does get rid of quite a few problems and make your net problems less. Perhaps replacing heatran and Spirtomb with Scizor/Jirachi might be something worth pondering, but I can't be bothered at the moment.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
I love that Dragonite. But a +6 DTail is difficult to obtain :\ anyway I'll try it.
Don't have time to do a full rate (Merry Christmas!) but here is a Rotom-W set that might work better for you since it survives longer:

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpA / 144 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

This set can beat bulky Gliscor because Rest saves Rotom-W from Toxic. I am not sold that HP Water > Hydro Pump, but to each his own. Good luck with the team and Merry Christmas!
I have Roserade for status and HP Water nearly OHKOes. Merry Christmas :3
Nidoking gives you're entire team pain
ROTOM-W.
Looking at your team, I notice a few huge gaps: your team is not a stall team. A stall team requires at least a few things:
- Bulky walls/stallers that can heal themselves. If your Pokémon can't heal themselves they can't stakk out your opponent.
- Residual damage. You got hazards, yes, but no phazers, except for Heatran wich is your lead. In this way your opponent won't take much residual damage and ultimately may be able to set up and sweep.

So, I suggest to add the following things:

Tyranitar or Hippowdon. You may not like Sandstorm, but on a stall team having hail or sandstorm on your side is great and you really need the residual damage since you don't have much now. I can't really figure out wich Pokemon to replace so thats something to look for yourself, but I would replace Heatran with Hippowdon since he can also phaze and lay down Rocks, but also has the option to heal himself, a must for a stall team.

Lastly, I suggest a Blisey. Blissey can take on most problems mentioned above, since most of those are Special Attackers and Blissey can tank them for ages. A 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef with Leftovers and Wish/Protect/Toxic/Heal Bell would be the most fitting for this team. I suggest you replace her with Roserade.

Use Sableye with Taunt/Recover/Will-O-Wisp/Filler since you mentioned that Sableye can also counter Reuniclus and he fits your team better. So replace him with Spiritomb.

Last but not least, replace your Gliscor set to a more defensive set that can outstall your enemies. Since Roserade is replaced by Blissey here you don´t have Toxic Spikes so a set consisting of Toxic/Protect/Earthquake and in the 4th moveslot Roost or Ice Fang will fit this team better.

Good luck with your team sir, and merry christmas!
Well, my walls can heal themselves (Rest on Rose and Tomb, Pain Split on Forre and Tom-W, Poison Heal on Scor) and Tran resists a lot in the battle.
Blissey WOULD be cool, but I'm frightened by TrickTom. Roserade is the best counter of him since I pass a Black Sludge and I gain a Scarf that allows me to deal great damage to him back. I'll try Sableye, since I always loved that THING, but I think I'll try a set with Foul Play/Sub/Recover/Swagger, that rips teams apart, with a bit of luck.

Thanks to everyone :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)