Ultra Offensive Team

Introduction
Erm, Hello, Smogon community~
Just before I continue, I want to state that English isn't my first language, so please don't flame me for grammatical problems.
This is my first RMT, so I hope you can give me constructive opinions (and criticism if you want) on how to change this team.
(Oh yeah, I don't really like weather, so none of my Pokes will set up or abuse weather [except maybe Latios])
I've tried many teams before, and I've been playing on PO for at around 6 months.
Normally, in any tier, I would have at least one defensive Poke. However, I wanted to try a more offensive team (in order to increase the pace of the game), so in this case, this is an ultra offensive team.
Furthermore, I'm trying to use Pokes that I've rarely/never used in the tier before.
The highest points I've reached in Standard BW OU is around 13xx, with minor Pokemon changes now and then, but nothing differing too much.
So here's my team. ^^

TEAM Preview

Infernape @ Life Orb
- Blaze
- 252 ATK | 252 SPE | 4 SPA
- Naive (+SPE-SPD)
Moveset:
Stealth Rock - Normally the only Pokemon capable of getting rocks up in team (Metagross needs all four slots)
Close Combat - Just a physical STAB which deals quite a hefty chunk of damage
U-turn - Scout, momentum, etc..
Overheat - High base power with STAB, doesn't have recoil (unlike Flare Blitz), and SPA drop doesn't really affect Infernape
Why I chose this Pokemon:
Well, Infernape has good offensive capabilities. 104 in both sides of the spectrum, while having 108 speed, outspeeding quite a large portion of the tier. The max speed EV and the speed nature is used so Pokemon with similar base speeds will not outspeed it. Furthermore, Infernape has SR, and even after setting up SR, it won't be useless (offensively speaking). A lead Infernape can scare out some leads (such as Tyranitar), which gives you one more turn to do what you want.
Haxorus @ Choice Band
- Mold Breaker (I considered Rivalry)
- 252 ATK | 252 SPE | 4 HP
- Adamant (+ATK-SPA)
Moveset:
Dual Chop - Used over Dragon Claw in order to break substitutes. At first it was for Dragonite, but then I realized that Mold Breaker already ignored Multiscale. Furthermore, the Dual Chop miss can turn a winning game into a loss.
Outrage - Power. Pure power. 432 ATK, Choice Band, 120 Base Power, STAB and all that delicious stuff makes it hit a lot of things hard. However, scarfed Pokemon always come in to finish it off.
Earthquake - Coverage for steel types, and Mold Breaker negates Levitate ( no more ROTOM-W switchins)
Brick Break - Ferrothorn.
Well, the attack. IIRC, Haxorus has the highest base attack in OU, and it has STAB Outrage to back it up. However, the low speed can be quite lethal at times (for example, Salamence switch-ins), which usually stops this thing from punching holes in teams.
Latios @ Choice Specs
- Levitate
- 252 SPA | 252 SPE | 4 HP
- Timid (+SPE-ATK)
Moveset:
Draco Meteor - Specs Meteor from Latios OHKOes many things.
Surf - Coverage, and not a bad move (95 base power). Also, can benefit from the everpresent rain.
Psyshock - For Chanseys and Blisseys.
Trick - To cripple defensive Pokes that don't take much damage from the above attacks.
Fast, hard hitting, immune to spikes. 110 base speed pretty much outspeeds everything (except a handful of Pokemon), and 130 SPA is not bad at all. Can be used as a switch when double downs happen, so no matter what comes in, it can be dealt with. A friend just told me that I should use Timid instead of Modest, as Timid outspeeds Terrakion.
Salamence @ Choice Scarf
- Moxie
- 252 ATK | 252 SPE | 4 HP
- Naughty (IYKWIM) (+ATK-SPD)
Moveset:
Outrage - Powerful move, don't have to worry being outsped.
Stone Edge - Coverage.
Earthquake - Coverage.
Fire Blast - Coverage.
Needed a scarfer. Can also be a late game sweeper, as the boost and scarf can kill many things. Has high attack, and reaches 100 base speed.
Scizor @ Life Orb
- Technician
- 252 ATK | 252 HP | 4 DEF
- Adamant (+ATK-SPA)
Moveset:
Bullet Punch - Team needs Priority, and this hurts
Swords Dance - Catches some people off guard, and it pays off if it works
Bug Bite - STAB Bug move
Superpower - Power and coverage.
A priority user is always useful. Sometimes I run a max speed spread, and sometimes a run a max HP set, but usually, Scizor doesn't outspeed much (even with max speed). Swords Dance can catch people off guard, and after a Swords Dance, BP can kill a lot of Pokes. Pokes that can survive a +2 BP are usually slower, so other moves can be used to finish them instead.
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
- Snow Cloak
- 252 ATK | 252 SPD | 4 HP
- Jolly (+SPE-SPA)
Moveset:
Ice Shard - Priority. Used because of how many Dragons there are in the tier (my team is an example).
Icicle Crash - Stronger Ice STAB. IIRC, it can kill an Offensive Dragonite with Multiscale intact.
Earthquake - Coverage STAB.
Stone Edge - Coverage.
SOO MANY DRAGONS. A second priority user is never bad. Sometimes I even use this in conjunction with Lucario for three priority users. Can force a lot of Dragons to switch, and can kill if they dont switch.

THANKS FOR READING :)

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
You are supposed to post a party of ONLY 6 POKEMONS, not your posible variants. (People only post this when they are testing, but they never put everything all together). No one will rate this thread at the moment, so be sure to read Read the RMT rules and fix your thread, otherwise a mod will lock it.

Locking for all the reasons stated above by Motagua, PM me with changes and this thread will get unlocked.

I suggest use HP Fire instead of Trick, I use the same set on my Specs Latios and I have to replace that move, HP Fire is SO useful, even more against Ferrothorn, and OHKO Scizor.

Ah yes, I tried this type of team once. Of course, Typing is your only defense. Once your opponent uses Fire, Dragon, and Maybe Ground Type Moves (Most likely would fit a dragon-type pokemon's move-set), then this team is doomed. Priority comes to action making this team at least better than my attempt of making this kind of team.

True, but if I want to fit a defensive Poke, my offensive momentum will be lost, therefore, losing my hyperoffensive momentum. I could fit a Agiligross to replace one of my attackers for a more defensive set, but I don't think this would benefit my team as a whole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)