SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, people are saying Lunala/Nec fusion might be OU, whereas Ultra Necrozma might be AG.
Ultra Necrozma may actually be okay. Going off of the moves doc, it keeps Necrozma's awful movepool with no additions (it doesn't even get a Dragon STAB). So you just get the stat spread (which is incredible) and Photon Geyser (which is basically Psystrike). Plus its form activates through holding the Z-item, meaning it doesn't get an item. I dunno. It /might/ work in OU.
One person at least was. Not calling u out just proving my point.

Edit: Thunder Punch, didn't see that. It's still pretty low BP though, and Koko needs every point it can get.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Rattata: Its incisors grow continuously throughout its life. If its incisors get too long, this Pokémon becomes unable to eat, and it starves to death.

Parasect: The bug is mostly dead, with the mushroom on its back having become the main body. If the mushroom comes off, the bug stops moving.

Persian(Alola): In contrast to its lovely face, it's so brutal that it tortures its weakened prey rather than finishing them off.

And there are people that think Pokémon isn't a dark franchise. Go figure...

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Clangorous Soulblaze
After obtaining Z-Power, the user, Kommo-o,\nattacks the opposing Pokémon with full force. This\nmove boosts the user’s stats.
Dragon
Special
185 Power
1 PP
All adjacent opponents
+1 Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed for the user
Flags 0x2100

Didn't see anyone else mention this move yet. That's pretty interesting.

Bewear: It waves its hands wildly in intimidation and warning. Life is over for anyone who doesn’t run away as fast as possible.
Oranguru: It normally spends its time meditating in the treetops. It throws Poké Balls and gives other Pokémon orders as it pleases.
Mimikyu(Busted): It stands in front of a mirror, trying to fix its broken neck as if its life depended on it. It has a hard time getting it right, so it’s crying inside.
Drampa: If a child it has made friends with is bullied, Drampa will find the bully’s house and burn it to the ground.

These dex entries are as expected.

Salandit: The males will do whatever the females tell them. They give the females most of their food. Due to malnutrition, the males can’t evolve.

This one makes me want to feed a male Salandit with all the Poké Beans in the world.

Clangorous Soulblaze
After obtaining Z-Power, the user, Kommo-o,\nattacks the opposing Pokémon with full force. This\nmove boosts the user’s stats.
Dragon
Special
185 Power
1 PP
All adjacent opponents
Flags 0x2100

Didn't we already know about it?

Clangorous Soulblaze
Dragon
Special
185 Power
1 PP
All adjacent opponents
Flags 0x2100

Because it was revealed long ago. We could talk about the Base Power, though. Kind of... low, considering it's a spread move, but I guess it's because of the powerful secondary effect.

(Where are you guys reading the Pokedex entries from?)

Ok, the Throat Chop compatibility is so bizarre. Fearow, Arbok (it has no arms!), Carnivine, Rapidash, Goldeen/Seaking, Ariados, Qwilfish, Corsola, Stantler...the list goes on like that throughout the whole Dex!
In Japanese the move is called "Hell Thrust". So it seems more like the pokemon just lunges at the opponent covered in a dark aura.

It is a similar thing to Heat Wave. In Japanese that was "Hot Wind" and made sense that it was caused by a bird flapping its wings.

Ok, the Throat Chop compatibility is so bizarre. Fearow, Arbok (it has no arms!), Carnivine, Rapidash, Goldeen/Seaking, Ariados, Qwilfish, Corsola, Stantler...the list goes on like that throughout the whole Dex!
You don't need arms. As long as part of your body can be extended and used in a chop-like manner, Throat chop will work.
Fearow has wings, Arbok can use its tail, Carnivine has vines,etc.

For the exotic ones, like the fishes, you forget that Pokemon as a whole have a decent amount of physical strength so their tails and fins work fine as well.

In Japanese the move is called "Hell Thrust". So it seems more like the pokemon just lunges at the opponent covered in a dark aura.

It is a similar thing to Heat Wave. In Japanese that was "Hot Wind" and made sense that it was caused by a bird flapping its wings.
Ah, I see. That makes more sense. There always seems to be something lost in translation.

Also:

Aerodactyl: Restored from DNA found in amber, this Pokémon exhibited ferocity that was greater than expected. Some casualties resulted.

This is why you don't resurrect dinosaurs, people.

Lickilicky: A contest is under way to determine which one can stick its tongue out the farthest. The current record is...more than 82 feet.
HAHAHA!

Froslass: It freezes hikers who have come to climb snowy mountains and carries them back to its home. It only goes after men it thinks are handsome.
Imagine the complicated feeling of running into a Frosslass in the wild and having it ignore you because it doesn't think you're handsome enough.

I've made a list of all the new relevant move set changes, egg moves and move tutors. I've probably missed some so let me knock and I'll Edit
Lucario: Meteor Mash (Egg Move, Smeargle)
Tropius: Dragon Hammer (Egg Move)
Kommo-o: Close Combat, Aqua Tail, Drain Punch, Iron Head, Stealth Rock,
Tsareena: Power Whip, Knock Off
Oddish: Strength Sap (Egg Move)
Dewpider: Sticky Web (Egg Move)
Oshawott: Sacred Sword (Egg Move, Smeargle)
Decidueye: Shadow Sneak, Leaf Storm
Incineroar: Drain Punch, Knock Off, Superpower, Thunder Punch
Zeraora: Bounce, Drain Punch, Knock Off, Superpower
Altaria: Defog
Landorus: Defog
Thundurus: Defog
Tornadus: Defog
Dhelmise: Synthesis, Iron Head, Knock Off
Rotom: Defog
Serpirior: Defog
Sigilyph: Defog
Silvally: Defog, Hyper Voice, Icy Wind, Iron Head, Heat Wave
Tapu Koko: Defog, Iron Head, Thunder Punch
Volcanion: Defog
Whimsicott: Defog
Zapdos: Defog
Gliscor: Defog
Klefki: Defog
Naganadel: Dragon Pulse, Heatwave
Bewear: Drain Punch, Focus Punch, Zen Headbutt
Buzzwole: Drain Punch
Crabominable: Drain Punch, Focus Punch
Mimikyu: Drain Punch, Trick
Florges: Defog
Lugia: Defog
Hydreigon: Defog
Zapdos: Defog
Lycanroc: Drill Run, Iron Head
Alolan Muk: Fire Punch, Recycle
Necrozma: Earth Power, Signal Beam, Heatwave, Knock Off
Stakataka: Gravity, Iron Head, Magnet Rise, Stealth Rock, Superpower, Zen Headbutt
Greninja (Battle Bond): Gunk Shot, Ice Punch
Passimian: Gunk Shot, Knock Off
Magearna: Heal Bell, Magnet Rise
Alolan Ninetails: Heal Bell, Foul Play
Blacephalon: Heat Wave, Knock Off, Trick
Nihilego: Knock Off
Tapu Fini: Icy Wind, Knock Off, Trick
Toxapex: Knock Off, Spite
Azumaril: Liquidation
Kabutops:Liquidation
Feraligatr:Liquidation
Cloyster: Liquidation
Kingler: Liquidation
Mudsdale: Stealth Rock
Palossand: Stealth Rock
Entei: Stomping Tantrum
Celesteela: Superpower
Tapu Bulu: Synthesis
Kartana: Knock Off

Last edited:
HAHAHA!

Imagine the complicated feeling of running into a Frosslass in the wild and having it ignore you because it doesn't think you're handsome enough.
I don't know what changed going into Gen 7, but the newest Dex entries are weird and amazing :)

Vulpix(Alola): If you carelessly approach it because it's cute, the boss of the pack, Ninetales, will appear and freeze you.
Ninetales(Alola): The reason it guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that it wants them to hurry up and leave.

Ninetales is having NONE of your nonsense.

I can see Stakataka definitely working under TR, especially in doubles like VGC. With its low speed, it only gets outsped by Shuckle - and Gyro Ball will be at its maximum power most of the time, which is even stronger than Heavy Slam can be. IT also gets Rock Slide and EQ to hit most relevant steel resists for super-effective damage. It also is much fatter than other TR abusers like Alowak or Hariyama, but those 4x weaknesses hurt a lot.
I completely forgot about Gyro Ball being a thing, so glad it gets a good Steel move. Looks like it hits anything with a speed stat of 64 or higher for full damage at level 50 and 108 speed at level 100. damn...my salt about it not getting Heavy slam is gone. Gyro ball could use more PP though.

Edit: Oh right, its defense stat is so high that you cant get attack boosts unless you use a defense reducing nature. Yep, it sucks.

Last edited:
Ultra Necrozma should be fine in Ubers, even though it's stat spread is redonkulous. It's limited in coverage to Photon Geyser/Dragon Pulse/Heat Wave/Brick Break and can't break threats like Lugia, Ho-oh, Lunaala, Kyogre and most Arceus formes. This is assuming Necroforce mimics Expert Belt in function.
Well, it does have Power Gem to hit Lugia and Ho-Oh with as another option. Not that it's good, but it's there.

Wow, Zeraora might actually be my least favorite pokemon ever. Not only is its design complete shit, but it's a boring ass mono electric type with a boring stat spread and a boring ability. At least it has a somehow unique signature move, still... Its sprite actually looked pretty cool, but seeing the actual model made me so disappointed. I don't give a shit what tier this thing ends up in, as long as it does not replace Tapu Koko.

Roggenrola: The hexagonal hole is its ear. Deep in that ear is an energy core, so if you stick your hand in there, Roggenrola will be very angry!
You don't say...
Boldore: The energy overflowing from its body has turned into orange crystals that are hard enough to smash diamonds.
How many other Pokemon can smash diamonds again. I can only remember Ponyta or Rapidash at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)