SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How inefficient?
I got 2BP per session. Each session took about 2 to 3 minutes and the amount of BP earned didn't seem to increase so... Maybe as you get higher scores the amount BPs increase but it honestly felt like more of a chore than climbing the BT. It's one of those things you'll really only want to do once or twice.

Last edited:
So any new clothing options found via datamining? Someone confirmed earlier there was new hair styles, but I saw video of the first shop and it looked the same as regular moon.

So I've been combing through the special encounter data some more, and found some very interesting Dittos, IV-wise:

IVs = new[] {-1,-1,31,30,-1,00}, }, // Ditto
IVs = new[] {-1,-1,30,30,-1,31}, }, // Ditto
IVs = new[] {-1,31,30,-1,-1,30}, }, // Ditto
IVs = new[] {-1,00,-1,31,30,-1}, }, // Ditto
IVs = new[] {-1,30,-1,-1,30,31}, }, // Ditto

(I'm pretty sure the -1 IVs means they're random)

Yep, it looks like GameFreak has finally given us mons with some fixed 30 IVs for Hidden Power breeding, 0 Attack for Foul Play reduction, and 0 Speed for Gyro Ball/Trick Room. Not sure how you actually encounter these - they're level 29, which is just right for Mount Hokulani where they're also found in the wild, so I would assume there, but I haven't heard anything about some 5 Ditto event. Given the obvious breeding focus it could just be a postgame thing.

Moving on, I noticed a lot of the Totem-sized gift Pokemon had ability slot 4, which confused me until I checked what else had that, and the residual data for in-game trade Talonflame from last SM popped up, which had Gale Wings. So, I'm pretty sure a number of the Totem-sized Pokemon come with their HA, namely:
Gumshoos, Raticate, Marowak, Togedemaru, Ribombee, Kommo-o

I don't think anyone has said what the egg moves the island scan mons come with, so here are those by island:
Charmander - Counter
Squirtle - Aqua Jet
Onix - Rototiller
Horsea - Water Pulse
Scatterbug - Rage Powder
Bulbasaur - Grassy Terrain
Litwick - Endure

Ralts - Misty Terrain
Spheal - Belly Drum
Combusken - Low Kick
Honedge - Wide Guard
Beedrill - None
Grovyle - Grassy Terrain
Marshtomp - Counter

Rhyhorn - Guard Split
Swinub - Icicle Spear
Prinplup - Power Trip
Grotle - Heavy Slam
Pidgeot - Steel Wing
Monferno - Power-Up Punch
Axew - Counter

Eelektross - None
Aggron - Reversal
Rotom - None
Leavanny - Grassy Terrain
Chesnaught - Spikes
Greninja - Bestow
Delphox - Wish

And lastly, I looked into the Totem battles (not the giftmons). It's not explicitly linked which mons are their helper mons, but they all had obvious candidates (close level, location proximity, special movesets) listed close-by that generally made it obvious which ones they were. The aura boosts weren't listed either, so for most of those I'm not sure:

(Ultra Sun)
Gumshoos Lv 12 @ Pecha Berry (Adaptability)
Aura Boost: ? (Was +1 Def in SM)
Super Fang/Bite/Tackle/Scary Face

Yungoos Lv 10 (Stakeout)
Leer/Tackle/Pursuit/Odor Sleuth

(Ultra Moon)
Raticate-A Lv 12 @ Pecha Berry (Gluttony)
Super Fang/Bite/Fury Swipes/Scary Face

Rattata Lv 10 (Hustle)
Tackle/Tail Whip/Quick Attack/Pursuit

Araquanid Lv 20 @ Wacan Berry (Water Bubble)
Aura Boost: ? (Was +1 Def in SM's water trial)
Leech Life/Bubble/Bite/Aurora Beam

Masquerain Lv 18 (Intimidate)
Scary Face/Stun Spore/Tailwind/Bug Bite

Dewpider Lv 18 (Water Bubble)
Sticky Web/Rain Dance/Bug Bite/Bubble

Ok, so this one confused me a lot and I'm really not sure it's correct. Unlike every other totem, the Marowak doesn't have a preset moveset (and thus should default to a level-up moveset for its level) or IVs listed. But this pretty much has to be the right Marowak - same level as SM's fire totem, and it has a Thick Club. The partner also doesn't seem right, as it seems to be a Salazzle, which is pretty damn strong for a helper mon at this point. But it's listed right after Marowak, at the same level as SM's Totem Salazzle's helpers were at.

EDIT: Ok, so someone in a /vp/ thread said they saw Marowak summon Salandit. What I think is the case is that Marowak can summon Salandit and Salazzle, and the reason the Salandit's data isn't by Marowak is because it's identical to the one Salazzle summoned in SM and thus didn't need to be added, unlike Marowak and this new Salazzle.

Marowak Lv 22 @ Thick Club (Cursed Body)
Aura Boost: +2 Speed
Flame Wheel/Leer/Hex/Bonemerang

Salandit Lv 20 (Corrosion)
Poison Gas/Venoshock/Taunt/Scratch

Salazzle Lv 20 (Corrosion)
Poison Gas/Venoshock/Flame Burst/Torment

Lurantis Lv 24 @ Power Herb (Leaf Guard)
Aura Boost: ? (Was +2 Speed in SM)
Low Sweep/X-Scissor/Solar Blade/Synthesis

Comfey Lv 22 (Flower Veil)
Sunny Day/Floral Healing/Flower Shield/Magical Leaf

Kecleon Lv 22 (Color Change)
Sunny Day/Ancient Power/Dizzy Punch/Screech

Togedemaru Lv 33 @ Sitrus Berry (Lightning Rod)
Aura Boost: +1 All Stats
Zing Zap/Spiky Shield/Iron Head/Bounce

Skarmory Lv 32 (Sturdy)
Stealth Rock/Steel Wing/Tailwind/Torment

Dedenne Lv 31 (Pickup)
Super Fang/Eerie Impulse/Charm/Discharge

Mimikyu Lv 35 @ Lum Berry (Disguise)
Aura Boost: ? (Was +1 All Stats in SM)
Shadow Claw/Play Rough/Leech Life/Slash

Banette Lv 32 (Insomnia)
Screech/Will-O-Wisp/Feint Attack/Curse

Jellicent Lv 33 (Cursed Body)
Water Pulse/Snore/Spite/Night Shade

Kommo-o Lv 49 @ Roseli Berry (Soundproof)
Aura Boost: +1 All Stats
Drain Punch/Dragon Claw/Thunder Punch/Poison Jab

Noivern Lv 48 (Infiltrator)
Boomburst/Screech/Dragon Pulse/Air Slash

Scizor Lv 46 (Technician)
Light Screen/Pursuit/Bullet Punch/X-Scissor

Ribombee Lv 55 @ Occa Berry (Shield Dust)
Aura Boost: +2 All Stats
Bug Buzz/Draining Kiss/Quiver Dance/Dazzling Gleam

Pelipper Lv 52 (Drizzle)
Stockpile/Scald/Spit Up/Seed Bomb

Blissey Lv 53 (Serene Grace)
Heal Pulse/Light Screen/Helping Hand/Dazzling Gleam

I'm looking forward to fighting these :)

Last edited:
By the way, are there any GOOD leveling spots this time? (Assuming they are not spoilerrific and can actually be posted here)

So I've been combing through the special encounter data some more, and found some very interesting Dittos, IV-wise:

Yep, it looks like GameFreak has finally given us mons with some fixed 30 IVs for Hidden Power breeding, 0 Attack for Foul Play reduction, and 0 Speed for Gyro Ball/Trick Room. Not sure how you actually encounter these - they're level 29, which is just right for Mount Hokulani where they're also found in the wild, so I would assume there, but I haven't heard anything about some 5 Ditto event. Given the obvious breeding focus it could just be a postgame thing.
Interesting data. Perhaps someone should try catching some Ditto (no SOS chaining) and see if they have these IVs distributions. If so then SOS-chaining them could actually be a bad thing as you could overwrite one of the even IVs.

By the way, are there any GOOD leveling spots this time? (Assuming they are not spoilerrific and can actually be posted here)
Spoiler tags just in case:
I believe you can fight wild Chansey in the mid-50s in one of the later Poni areas (the same place you can find Lucky Eggs on SOS-called Blissey).

Does anyone know if all the mega stones are in USUM? I've been meaning to do a nuzlocke run to build hype, but I'd really like the ability to be able to Mega all my favs

Moving on, I noticed a lot of the Totem-sized gift Pokemon had ability slot 4, which confused me until I checked what else had that, and the residual data for in-game trade Talonflame from last SM popped up, which had Gale Wings. So, I'm pretty sure a number of the Totem-sized Pokemon come with their HA, namely:
Gumshoos, Raticate, Marowak, Togedemaru, Ribombee, Kommo-o

I don't think anyone has said what the egg moves the island scan mons come with, so here are those by island:
Charmander - Counter
Squirtle - Aqua Jet
Onix - Rototiller
Horsea - Water Pulse
Scatterbug - Rage Powder
Bulbasaur - Grassy Terrain
Litwick - Endure

Ralts - Misty Terrain
Spheal - Belly Drum
Combusken - Low Kick
Honedge - Wide Guard
Beedrill - None
Grovyle - Grassy Terrain
Marshtomp - Counter

Rhyhorn - Guard Split
Swinub - Icicle Spear
Prinplup - Power Trip
Grotle - Heavy Slam
Pidgeot - Steel Wing
Monferno - Power-Up Punch
Axew - Counter

Eelektross - None
Aggron - Reversal
Rotom - None
Leavanny - Grassy Terrain
Chesnaught - Spikes
Greninja - Bestow
Delphox - Wish

And lastly, I looked into the Totem battles (not the giftmons). It's not explicitly linked which mons are their helper mons, but they all had obvious candidates (close level, location proximity, special movesets) listed close-by that generally made it obvious which ones they were. The aura boosts weren't listed either, so for most of those I'm not sure:

(Ultra Sun)
Gumshoos Lv 12 @ Pecha Berry (Adaptability)
Super Fang/Bite/Tackle/Scary Face

Yungoos Lv 10 (Stakeout)
Leer/Tackle/Pursuit/Odor Sleuth

(Ultra Moon)
Raticate-A Lv 12 @ Pecha Berry (Gluttony)
Super Fang/Bite/Fury Swipes/Scary Face

Rattata Lv 10 (Hustle)
Tackle/Tail Whip/Quick Attack/Pursuit

Araquanid Lv 20 @ Wacan Berry (Water Bubble)
Aura Boost: ? (Was +1 Def in SM's water trial)
Leech Life/Bubble/Bite/Aurora Beam

Masquerain Lv 18 (Intimidate)
Scary Face/Stun Spore/Tailwind/Bug Bite

Dewpider Lv 18 (Water Bubble)
Sticky Web/Rain Dance/Bug Bite/Bubble

Ok, so this one confused me a lot and I'm really not sure it's correct. Unlike every other totem, the Marowak doesn't have a preset moveset (and thus should default to a level-up moveset for its level) or IVs listed. But this pretty much has to be the right Marowak - same level as SM's fire totem, and it has a Thick Club. The partner also doesn't seem right, as it seems to be a Salazzle, which is pretty damn strong for a helper mon at this point. But it's listed right after Marowak, at the same level as SM's Totem Salazzle's helpers were at.

Marowak Lv 22 @ Thick Club (Cursed Body)
Aura Boost: +2 Speed
Flame Wheel/Leer/Hex/Bonemerang

Salazzle Lv 20 (Corrosion)
Poison Gas/Venoshock/Flame Burst/Torment

Lurantis Lv 24 @ Power Herb (Leaf Guard)
Aura Boost: ? (Was +2 Speed in SM)
Low Sweep/X-Scissor/Solar Blade/Synthesis

Comfey Lv 22 (Flower Veil)
Sunny Day/Floral Healing/Flower Shield/Magical Leaf

Kecleon Lv 22 (Color Change)
Sunny Day/Ancient Power/Dizzy Punch/Screech

Togedemaru Lv 33 @ Sitrus Berry (Lightning Rod)
Aura Boost: ? (Was +1 All Stats in SM's Electric trial)
Zing Zap/Spiky Shield/Iron Head/Bounce

Skarmory Lv 32 (Sturdy)
Stealth Rock/Steel Wing/Tailwind/Torment

Dedenne Lv 31 (Pickup)
Super Fang/Eerie Impulse/Charm/Discharge

Mimikyu Lv 35 @ Lum Berry (Disguise)
Shadow Claw/Play Rough/Leech Life/Slash

Banette Lv 32 (Insomnia)
Screech/Will-O-Wisp/Feint Attack/Curse

Jellicent Lv 33 (Cursed Body)
Water Pulse/Snore/Spite/Night Shade

Kommo-o Lv 49 @ Roseli Berry (Soundproof)
Drain Punch/Dragon Claw/Thunder Punch/Poison Jab

Noivern Lv 48 (Infiltrator)
Boomburst/Screech/Dragon Pulse/Air Slash

Scizor Lv 46 (Technician)
Light Screen/Pursuit/Bullet Punch/X-Scissor

Ribombee Lv 55 @ Occa Berry (Shield Dust)
Aura Boost: +2 All Stats
Bug Buzz/Draining Kiss/Quiver Dance/Dazzling Gleam

Pelipper Lv 52 (Drizzle)
Stockpile/Scald/Spit Up/Seed Bomb

Blissey Lv 53 (Serene Grace)
Heal Pulse/Light Screen/Helping Hand/Dazzling Gleam

I'm looking forward to fighting these :)
Wow, ok that Totem Kommo-o is light years better than the one in vanilla, so I'm happy. Lurantis is still busted and Araquanid is no joking matter (it basically OHKO's Dartrix, blows away Torracat and that Leech Life can easily wear down Brionne, good thing I'm picking Grubbin again). And the Dewpider comes with Sticky Web and Maquerain with Tailwind? Yeah you ain't outspeeding this spider. I don't really understand why does Ribombee summon a Pelipper, but ok.
Also, that Kommo-o has Soundproof and Noivern Boomburts. That's not funny at all.

Spoiler tags just in case:
I believe you can fight wild Chansey in the mid-50s in one of the later Poni areas (the same place you can find Lucky Eggs on SOS-called Blissey).
I'm in heaven, GF you're a master when it comes to "1 step forward, 2 steps back", but that is beautiful.

Yeah, BP stands for both Beach Points and Battle Points.

Oh, btw idk if anyone's brought this up before but Lucky Eggs are farmable again. It's back to being Chansey's held item. They're found on Poni Island and will SOS call other Chansey & Blissey so you can use them to Exp Grind as well.
gamefreak's wild ride of not knowing how hte hell to handle grinding is always frustrating in how it changes game to game, but i am grateful for this.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
TBH, I don't want just this to grind. I want real post game areas where I can actually explore and grind, like BW2's parts of Unova (well, a hell of a lot more too) and that island in Sinnoh (what is this place's name? I never found out for sure, i thought it was battle island or something like that). I don't just want to endlessly battle Chansey and Blissey for exp. It feels rushed and lazy of them.

I'm pretty surprised they didn't make charjabug togedemaru's companion and make it a special attacker.

It's still hilarious to me that they introduced this pokemon with a unique ability that was clearly meant for the vikavolt totem battle and then, i guess, saw how ludicrous that would be and quickly just gave it physical attacks that can not make any use of its sos support.

TBH, I don't want just this to grind. I want real post game areas where I can actually explore and grind, like BW2's parts of Unova (well, a hell of a lot more too) and that island in Sinnoh (what is this place's name? I never found out for sure, i thought it was battle island or something like that). I don't just want to endlessly battle Chansey and Blissey for exp. It feels rushed and lazy of them.
Eh, maybe I’m used to it in Pixelmon, but it seems like a fairly effecient way to go about it. Especially since you can just trap one in an SoS chain and just keep wailing on the others until you run out of attacks. A bit more boring, sure, but still effective.

I'm pretty surprised they didn't make charjabug togedemaru's companion and make it a special attacker.

It's still hilarious to me that they introduced this pokemon with a unique ability that was clearly meant for the vikavolt totem battle and then, i guess, saw how ludicrous that would be and quickly just gave it physical attacks that can not make any use of its sos support.
This honestly just showed how afraid GF seemed to be. From making Totem Vik a physical attacker to not giving a single good Fighting move to Kommo-o (they were acting like it will be some overkill, like Fairies aren't a thing). I'm glad the new dev crew decided to go an extra mile to make the Totems seems much more challenging (kinda really want to know what was Masuda and Ohmori's thought process when they made most of SM).

Regarding Silvally;
  • Do the memories provide a boost in power this time around, or are they still the same old?
Thanks in advance,

This honestly just showed how afraid GF seemed to be. From making Totem Vik a physical attacker to not giving a single good Fighting move to Kommo-o (they were acting like it will be some overkill, like Fairies aren't a thing). I'm glad the new dev crew decided to go an extra mile to make the Totems seems much more challenging (kinda really want to know what was Masuda and Ohmori's thought process when they made most of SM).
I think the fear for Vikavolt was valid, honestly?
It had 145 base special attack, a special boost on top of that and its weakest available electric move was charge beam. It has levitate so using a ground type probably wouldn't be the smartest move.
Like on its own that's probably a fine challenge but you can see the exact moment they looked at what they had, looked at when you fought it and quickly changed things.

Togedemaru & Friends meanwhile seem to strike a nice mix of complimenting sets and theoreticaly challenge but also readily counterable. Like togedemaru has lightning rod to protect its skarmory friend which will get at least 1 turn no matter what to either make toge faster, make it harder for you to switch for free & Dedenne is just annoying you forever. otoh if you ever have trouble you can just throw a ground type out there and be on your way. Even with that in mind its probably the hardest electric challenge the games have ever really thrown beyond Elesa's emolga hell. Probably says more about electric types than anything else, actually...

I think the fear for Vikavolt was valid, honestly?
It had 145 base special attack, a special boost on top of that and its weakest available electric move was charge beam. It has levitate so using a ground type probably wouldn't be the smartest move.
Like on its own that's probably a fine challenge but you can see the exact moment they looked at what they had, looked at when you fought it and quickly changed things.
Yeah, Totem Vikavolt was a real damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. It's Special movepool is limited, and very few of its Special options are weak. that on top of its monstrous Sp. Atk and Battery would have been absolutely insane. It's times like these that I wish that they had kept Challenge Mode around after B2/W2. They could've gotten away with stuff like the Special Vikavolt of Death and Destruction in that mode while keeping Normal and Easy nice and manageable.

Anyhoo, I don't know how, but I missed the Totem list when it was first posted, but I just saw it and, might I just say, I'm definitely on board. We're talking Egg Moves, tM Moves, Tutor Moves, HA's, and really cool Totem + SOS synergy. Also, that new Fire Trial is gonna be a real doozy, given the team I was planning on using. If this is what the younger members of the GF staff are bringing to the table, then good. I like how they think!

Last edited:
Do we know yet if legendaries are unique? I've heard from the stream that someone caught Zapdos and then met another one, but I can't verify if that's true, and that wouldn't imply the same is true for cover legendaries even if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)