If you are new to C&C, please read the following links:
Spelling and Grammar Standards
Generation Seven Analysis Format
Please read all the rules in this thread before posting! We have many intricacies to cover, and not reading will result in your post being deleted. I'll say it again, understand the rules. One more time now: understand them. Memorize them. Thanks!
All analyses must be approved by the QC team.
Our Monotype QC team consists of:
Decemm, Eien, Havens, KevinELF, maroon, Misaka Mikoto, Moosical, Tyke, Vid
Feel free to PM them regarding anything related to C&C.
Reserving an Analysis:
- If you are currently a badgeholder or a member of the QC team, you are able to reserve two analyses. Everyone else may only reserve one analysis.
- Reservations past these may not be made until your analyses in the writing phase, and even then we reserve the right to refuse you taking another one if we feel you need to focus on your already existing analyses.
- Post below in this thread with your reservation. Please use the search function to ensure you're not reserving something already been reserved.
- You may not post your analysis until a Moderator puts in "approved by _______" in your post. Be sure to check your reservations often! A Moderator will Like your post to notify you after approving it.
- Do not edit your posts for any reason. Double post, triple post, whatever it takes, but do not edit your posts. It makes it much easier for us to keep things organized in terms of what's being reserved and what is not.
- Do not reserve the Pokemon without extensive metagame knowledge, knowledge of how the Pokemon works, and a lot of experience with the Pokemon. If it is clear you do not know what you are writing about, then your analysis will be reassigned.
- If you wish to reserve a Pokemon not indicated on these lists, then you are free to. However, you must provide reasonable evidence, a set, and at least some substance to your post.
Analysis Thread Tags:
- [WIP] --- The Work-in-Progress tag indicates that you are still completing your Pokemon's skeleton. This tag indicates that you are not ready for QC checks, and are still working. Do not be lazy in this stage, if you refuse to add information within 72 hours of having this tag, then your analysis will be reassigned.
- [Quality Control] --- This is the most important stage of the analysis. Your analysis must be in bullet points, following the analysis format linked at the beginning of a post, and must not be written out completely. Please put the tag [QC: 0/3] in your thread title. For example, Lopunny [QC: 1/3] will indicate to the QC team that you have received one QC check. As indicated in this thread, you must have 3 QC checks. Unlike other tiers, this is how Monotype C&C will be run. You do not begin writing the analysis (from bullet points) until receiving the second check on your analysis. You do not receive GP before the third check. You will not receive the third check unless your analysis is written.
- [Copyediting] --- This stage is where Grammar Prose will come and make sure that your analysis is of written quality. They will correct grammatical errors. You must receive two GP checks before your analysis is considered done. Like GP, you must put [GP: 0/2] in your thread title. This has to be after [QC: 3/3] or it can replace the [QC: 3/3] in your title entirely. It is up to you. You must post in the Grammar Prose Queue that your analysis is ready for GP checks after you have moved to this stage.
- [Done] --- This tag indicates that your analysis is done. You have received three QC checks and two GP checks, and it is ready to be uploaded by site. This will be handled by our Monotype C&C Moderators, so feel free to tag us once your thread hits this stage.
Courtesy of Tyke, we have a spreadsheet detailing what Pokémon still need analyses. You may view it here.
We will only allow Pokemon that are B-rank or higher in the viability rankings to have an analysis for the time being. Remember, there will be separate analyses for each Pokemon on each type. Make sure to specify a type when you post if necessary.
Last edited by a moderator: