Unbanning Wobbuffet and Wynaut in DPP OU

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
In an attempt to be consistent with recent tiering decisions (e.g. the banning of Arena Trap rather than individually banning Diglett, Dugtrio, and Trapinch), the DPP council would like to unban Wobbuffet and Wynaut and subsequently ban Shadow Tag. This is purely aesthetic and will not have any consequences on the metagame, but we are opening up discussion to the public in case there are any objections or concerns.

Here is a link to the current DPP OU ruleset, for reference: https://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/formats/ou/

(sorry for the clickbait title, it is Aprils Fools though haha lol)

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Is it? This is still by far the opposite of my preference: Banning Wobbuffet and Wynaut is a lot more appealing than seeing them in a tier but then not being able to use them at all.

Last edited:
I like consistency but I also like Zarel's point. IIRC, Blaziken is blanket banned across BW OU meaning it can't even be used with Blaze. I understand HAs make tiering decisions in older generations that lack them more difficult but I do wish we settled upon a standard that placed efficiency first. I don't care too much about performing this change for aesthetic purposes.

Is there anything stopping us from implementing a Shadow Tag ban in addition to keeping them Uber outside of redundancy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)