Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that concludes another week of teambuilding - congrats to afuyeas for winning! Your team has been added to the Hall of Fame! We now return to your regularly-scheduled Sword and Shield teambuilding with...

HOME073.png
Tentacruel
HOME073_s.png

Tentacruel has been a bit overshadowed lately in its Rapid Spinning role by the extremely good and highly splashable Excadrill, but Tentacruel has some traits to set it apart as well. Its Water/Poison typing and decent bulk lets it act as a check (albeit not a long-term one) to several great Pokemon in UnderUsed, such as Aegislash, Amoonguss, Azumarill, Celesteela, Keldeo, Primarina, Tapu Bulu, and Tangrowth, and its base 100 Speed allows it to outspeed Pokemon that Excadrill must run from in Moltres and opposing Excadrill. Tentacruel also offers excellent utility in Knock Off and spreads status easily with Sludge Bomb and Scald, making it almost impossible to switch into safely. Let's see if we can give this jellyfish a good home on some great teams this week!

Teambuilding Restrictions
  • The team should be built in the Sword and Shield UnderUsed format.
  • Your team must include Tentacruel.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, February 6, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/c32c9e5bd592e705

:lycanroc-dusk::jirachi::krookodile::tapu-bulu::tentacruel::salamence:

Standard offensive team - Tentacruel patches up some holes like making the Primarina match up better so Tapu Bulu doesn't have to run Synthesis and can run a more offensive set. It also benefits from Grassy Surge. It lets Salamence run a DD set instead of Defog since Tentacruel provides hazard control. Tentacruel can support Bulu and Lycanroc by being a fairly reliable Amoonguss response once Spore is used.

It's weaknesses are largely covered by the team and a few lures help it out - for example Ice Punch Jirachi helps kill Thundurus which obviously beats Tentacruel. Double intimidate support from Krookodile and Salamence help out the low physical bulk.

https://pokepast.es/5a82fa841bfe4952

tenta here is supported by other members of this team. by grassy terrain, knock absorbers, ways to deal with psychic and ground types with moltres-g and ways to abuse the weakened members that tenta leaves behind for the other members to clean. Tenta here provides ways to deal with prim, spin for bulu, and coba, and allows bulu to forgo boots for helmet and azelf's boots for expert belt for more power. This also allows moltres-g to better deal with krook, and other knock users as it does not have to rest as often

Last edited:

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

^(Click for paste)^​

Did I make a choice specs tentacruel team to try to spice things up with this response? Yes. Did I end up using tapu bulu like everyone else? Also yes.

This is a fun little team I decided to make, because while deciding how to build my niche for this teambuilding round I realized that tentacruel has a pretty decent speed tier. Out speeds hydreigon, ties salamence, and can take things off guard that isn't used to fast tentacruel like nidoking, excadrill. and so on. Past the surprise factor of the cruel I feel like the team is a pretty standard bulky offense team. Since I dont have a ton of speed control on the team I went with bulky mons like steela and bulu that can heal back hits from the faster mons of the tier. Toxic on drill and bulu to speed up the process of whittling them down which gives drei or cruel a chance to go in. Nihilego is here to deal with defensive mence while being able to set up rocks and be the designated knock offer of the team. I laddered with the team a little and it wasn't too bad overall, but i'd say its generally just an overall fun team to use that gets you hyped when you watch mons get anhilated by a choice specs hydro pump. Who doesn't love that?

Last edited:
Congratulations to pokemonisfun for winning this week's competition, and thank you for all the submissions! Our next teambuilding subject is...

Zygarde-10%

Even with only 10% of its cells gathered, Zygarde has shown it is a force to be reckoned with in UU! It's extremely fast for the meta, speed tying with Azelf and only being outsped by Salazzle, and has arguably the most spammable move in all of Pokemon to click every time it comes in: Thousand Arrows! Resists to Thousand Arrows are not safe either, as Zygarde-10% always carries Outrage and a coverage option (or Toxic) in its last slot to make switching into it difficult no matter what. Finally, it carries Extremespeed to make sure anything that does outspeed it can still be dealt with. This is not to say Zygarde-10% doesn't have flaws, however: it is extremely frail, and heavily threatened by many common priority moves in UU, meaning that it has to run from some Pokemon it does outspeed, most notably Mamoswine. It also almost always runs Choice Band, meaning that it is vulnerable to scouting via Protect, and once it has locked into a move, it becomes easier to switch around. This is nothing that a good team can't patch up, though - let's build some great ones to help this deadly dog out!

Teambuilding Restrictions
  • The team should be built in the Sword and Shield UnderUsed format.
  • Your team must include Zygarde-10%.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, February 13, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/08069861429fccac

:tyrantrum: :zygarde-10%: :jirachi: :nihilego: :slowking: :mandibuzz:

Zygarde does normal Zygarde things here - makes the team faster, gives safety in priority, blocks Volt Switch Thundy pretty effectively.

Slowking/Mandibuzz/Jirachi all give Zygarde some pivot opportunities plus help out his significantly below average bulk and resist important types like Ice/Dragon/Fairy. Zygarde can kill many of the strong threats that threaten the defense, like Superpower killing Zarude for Slowking.

Nihilego can knock things off and provide good SR support for Zygarde, plus it helps complement the speed by being a solid check to Thundy.

Tyrantrum breaks walls so Zygarde can sweep more easily later, for example, OHKOing Amoonguss with SR and 2HKOing Tangrowth from full, both of which try to stop Zygarde a lot. It also finds opportunities on Mandibuzz, one of the only non grass resists that tries to stop Zygarde.

https://pokepast.es/993c61a532904293

Zygarde-10% = breaker and cleaner

Chansey - pivots zygarde in and is the special wall of this team

Tang - Physical wall and deals with opposing zygarde-10% and removes items such as boost, lefties, and helmet.

Nihi - Sets up rock and threatens most grass types out and can use them for free turns for itself

Rotom-w - another pivoter that spreads burns to wear pokemon down even more and deals with mamo cuz mamo bullies zygarde

Exca - Spin go brr and toxic's grass types

Thank you for coming to my 2 minute ted talk

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
:ss/amoonguss::ss/slowking::ss/conkeldurr::ss/jirachi::ss/salamence::ss/zygarde-10%:
Zygarde-10% is kind of a necessity here, since Volt absorber + Speed Control + Thund-T Revenge Killer in one slot is really valuable atm, plus it's nearly impossible to switch into.
Conkeldurr kinda hits through the ZyDog walls (ie: Mandibuzz, Chansey to an extent, Knock Offs Mence HDB) and it also offers it's own assets to the team (priority, Knock Off user and Knock Off absorber if it's Flame Orb has already got activated).
Rachi/Amoong/King/Mence is a damn good defensive core that offers Spore Support, Pivot Support, Stealth Rock, Defog and many other things in one slot.
Honestly kinda copied from pif tbh, but damn Conk/Tyrantrum + ZyDog is just so good rn.

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Get Team Here

Zygarde banded is dummy good so I wanted to make a team that helped that out. Slowking and Mandibuzz are the main tanks to take hits and tp/u-turn into zygarde. Nihilego sets up rocks and threatens fairy checks that zygarde does't want to outrage into. Sub-aegislash is to put opponents on timers while weaking their mons to make it easier for zygarde to sweep. Bulu is the last mon as a sweeper option to help break bulky mons like swampert or quagsire who like to take sit infront of the rest of the team while also making better quality of life for nihilego and aegislash. I threw cc on this thing too to break steal types that might try to wall it along with megahorn since tangrowth is a general problem for the team since mandibuzz can't fit bb. Main issue with the team is lack of speed control outside of espeed from zygarde. You could probably switch bulu for zarude if it's a big problem but in my (very) short time testing the pokemon are usually bulky enough to where it is not a pressing issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)