Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
1645019939122.png

Congratulations to Permission Slip on winning their first teambuidling competition, and thanks for the submissions! Onto the next one!

Dragon_icon_LA.png
Steel_icon_LA.png
Fairy_icon_LA.png
Dragon-Steel-Fairy
Dragon_icon_LA.png
Steel_icon_LA.png
Fairy_icon_LA.png

This week's subject is a common 3-type core that sports great synergy between its team members. Dragon-types provide a strong offensive presence while resisting many types, including Fire, which threatens Steel-types. Steel-types resist the Dragons that threaten other Dragons, and can frequently pressure fellow Steels. Fairy-types can pressure Dragon-types and Fighting-types that would threaten the other two members. This core has quite a few possibilties given the many viable members of each type in UU, so I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

Teambuilding Restrictions
  • The team should be built in the Sword and Shield UnderUsed format.
  • Your team must include at least one Dragon-type, one Steel-type, and one Fairy-type. Each of these must be on different Pokemon, although you can repeat types within your team. For example, I might build a core of a Dragon-type (Haxorus), Steel/Ground type (Excadrill), and Steel/Fairy-type (Klefki).
Submission Deadline: Sunday, February 20, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/a4c82fc47bb0e0a6

Offensive team i built using drei, rachi, and bulu. This is a volt turn team which allows for this team to easily keep momentum while mamo, bulu, and thundy-t take advantage of the free turns given to them by the members. Jirachi acts as the team speed control and make sure that teammates can get a 2nd wind late game such as mamo, and bulu mainly to break through the opposing team. Bulu is here as it can easily sweep late game with mamo backing it up to get rid of all the dragons, grasses, and steels for it. Mamo provides the team with ways to bypass most of the teams counterplay such as amoonguss, tang, pressures skarmory, celesteela, and rotom-h for the team to take advantage of. Hydreigon is here as it can be a bulky pivot with the ability to deal with aegi, and lure in pokemon like prim, steela, mandibuzz, and moltres-g for the team to take advantage of by pivoting the members in.

Last edited:
Heres some drag mag: https://pokepast.es/d209e5d2dcf5b6e4

Banded Haxorus can 2hko almost everything in the tier so it's job is to open up holes for Gyara and Mence. Anything Hax can't break Magneton is there for. First Impression can be switched out for poison jab to hit fairies better, but I think that the priority is very useful with the likes of Azelf and Zarude running around.

Mag runs eviolite and enough speed to outspeed adamant Tapu Bulu. This lets it bring value to the team by being a bulky pivot when Skarm and Steela aren't around to get trapped. This way Magneton can check all the fairy types in the tier as well as Mandibuzz. Toxic lets you wear down Swampert andTtangrowth which usually just come in on magnet for free.

Gyara runs intimidate + life orb to be a mid game threat that can easily come in and threaten to set up. Mence runs outrage to be able to more easily ko physical walls that have been weakened.

Azu does its regular thing here. You'll want it to come in after its checks like Mandibuzz or Zarude have been weakened or you can just skip belly drum and use it as an early game breaker.

Excadrill gets down rocks quickly and dies. Rock slide lets you do big damage to any flying types that might want to abuse you and allows you to completely deny mence and gyarados from setting up on you. It also helps deal with Nihil which this team struggles against quite a bit if you manage to lose Mag too early.

BulkMania (pokepast.es)

:chansey: :gastrodon: :salamence: :skarmory: :tangrowth: :togekiss:

Turns out UU has 3 amazing Steel Fairy Dragon mons with a secondary flying type, that also fit well into a really fat team.

Mence acts as our defogger, since the team is rather weak to hazards, especially once Boots get knocked.

Togekiss has Heal Bell to get rid of nasty status.

Gastrodon is important as a bulky Electric resist and can prevent setup with Clear Smog. I also needed a somewhat reliable Aegislash answer.

Chancey sets rocks, as this team does not really need teleport, since everything is so bulky it can switch in manually.

Skarm and Tangrowth just sit on various threats and make progress with Knock and Spikes, eventually wearing the opponents offense down.

1645345381244.png1645345393502.png1645345401868.png1645345503702.png1645345530390.png1645345582480.png
Click on the sprites for importable!

Salamence and Bulu provides a wallbreaking core with Scarf Jirachi supporting the team with utility in Trick and Healing Wish giving its allies a second chance when needed while also giving us speed control. Swampert provides a reliable check to Mamoswine, Nihilego, and Thundurus-T alongside with Leftovers + Grassy Terrain support to answer them greater, Stealth Rock, and generate momentum with Flip Turn + Yawn alongside Jirachi to safely bring in teammates that can deal with their respective answers. RestTalk G-Moltres is a unique addition here as it checks the likes of Azelf, Aegislash, and Amoonguss far better than Mandibuzz which can be easily crippled by the them, giving a better MU against them, Nihilego is last member, giving us Knock Off support, and offensive pressure to Flying-Types.

Congrats to klamalam for winning and thanks for the submissions! Next up is...

073Tentacruel_RG.png
R
BY UU
097Hypno_RG.png

Time for another oldgen teambuilding competition - this time with the generation that started it all! RBY is known for its variety of glitches and mechanical differences that make for a metagame unlike any others, and they are on full display in the UU tier. Speed affecting critical hits, Wrap preventing the opponent from moving, Freeze being essentially an OHKO, and the combined Special stat are all prominent factors within the metagame, leading to unique strategies and Pokemon that aren't seen in any other generation of UU. Like with the BW UU week, I am hoping many people will give building and playing in this tier a try, and will appreciate the very different but still enjoyable RBY UU metagame!

Teambuilding Restrictions:
  • The team should be built in the Red/Blue/Yellow UnderUsed format.
Resources:
Submission Deadline: Sunday, February 27, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/5014c488a96bb313

:gyarados::aerodactyl::tentacruel::hypno::dugtrio::dewgong:

I'll probably be lambasted for using a Gyarados lead which is known as suboptimal generally but I think it's fine. Tenta and Hypno need little explanation for those familiar with RBY UU, they are very good.

The lack of Kadabra makes me a bit weaker to Tentacruel I believe but I still have a couple mons that outspeed it and without massive wrap haxmost of my team 1 v 1s it except my own Tenta and Aero.

I think the team is pretty sturdy with Aero (good vs Kanga) and a Dewgong I could slap on so overall it's okay I guess.

https://pokepast.es/9a37b2372076434a

:Hypno: :Gyarados: :Dragonite: :Poliwrath: :Dugtrio: :Tentacruel:

Here is a team so that pif does not win by default, and also so I continue to support the RBY UU community.

I made this team because I thought it was funny, as Poliwrath can be unbreakable if you play it right with this Amnesia set. It is definitely unconventional, but once you debilitate the opposing Tentacruel then there's not much stopping this, not even Kadabra can switch in as this Poliwrath eats Psychics for breakfast once it gets going with Amnesia (ideally you'd want to debilitate both Tentacruel and Kadabra though). Dugtrio is pretty essential as it outspeeds both Kadabra and Tentacruel and deals major damage to them. Hypno is mandatory obviously and spreading T Wave is another way to help get the Poliwrath going. Gyarados w/ Body Slam can try to fish some paras also, and to cap it off we have AgiliWrap Dragonite in case you want to go for a cheap win.

The team is a bit weak to Kangaskhan, but what team isn't these days? Luckily it doesn't last long if you play it right/para it, and even at full health a Para'd Kang will lose to Poliwrath most of the time.

:arcanine: :venusaur: :dugtrio: :hypno: :tentacruel: :articuno:

This team sets up arcanine to sweep.... so how does the team do it. Well arcanine needs support as its not the most viable pokemon ever so I provide it with ways to dispose of waters and to give it opportunities to boost and take advantage of them which is venusaur, sleep powder is really detrimental in RBY which means arcanine can use them as setup turns. Venusaur can do it often especially of how many free turns it gest vs them such as omastar, vaporeon, and poliwrath especially when it switches into their water attacks. Hypno helps setup arcanine up with twave support and a wall against many pokemon who has many opportunities to paralyze opponents and force them to rest which can give arcanine opportunities again. Hypno is also useful against many pokemon such as stuifling the most common special attackers in the tier, such as Kadabra, opposing Hypno, Electabuzz, and Haunter which the team can be weak to. Tentacruel weakens teams with wrap while also being very fast by uu standards which can weaken many teams in the process for arcanine to sweep in the end. Articuno is another member of the team which allows itself or arcanine to generate holes that the other can abuse since articuno really struggles with bulky water types and if it or arcanine can force damage on them then the other one can clean the game. "Dugtrio is the most influential revenge killer and sweeper with its fantastic speed tier, perfect coverage, and Thunder Wave immunity give it the perfect combination of traits to fulfill these roles extremely effectively." There.. the analysis said it all... that is the purpose i am using dugtrio as a revenge killer and as a cleaner late game especially with its high crit. It can easily appreciate the holes in the bulky pokemon and it can do so late game by taking advantage of free turns to such as sleeping pokemon.

BTW the lead is tenta i just forgor about it

Last edited:

Really wanted to build with Tangela for this team since I hadn't used it on an RBY team yet and I like its traits as a reliable Dugtrio answer. I then chose Aerodactyl as a partner to add some offensive potential with Tangela slowing the team down a fair bit. Hypno and Tentacruel were automatic additions. I'm a huge fan of Gyarados pressuring a ton of mons and its great all-around bulk, so I added it as well. Finally, I love the pressure Haunter provides, so I rounded the team out with it, and chose Psychic over Night Shade for opposing Haunter. This is one of my first attempts at an RBY team but it's been my most successful one so far, even if I'm still learning a ton about the tier and my building reasonings might not be the most solid just yet :psywoke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)