Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratz Monky25 for winning! I'll add your submission to the hof very shortly

Week 14 : Slowbro-Galar
:ss/slowbro-galar:

This time around, I'd like you to build around the devil itself, Slowbro-Galar. It once again imposed itself as one of the dominent forces in the metagame, premier bulky win-condition and probably the best mon at taking trades, with its ability to run virtually any damage-reducing berry (among other items) and helped in that by its Regenerator ability. The AV set is also pretty consistent, being one of the few mons capable of scouting Primarina and helping against Mence and Nihilego among others. You're free to use any set you want in any playstyle, I hope you guys will have fun! The Deadline is Saturday 4AM EST (roughly)

:ss/Ninetales-Alola: :ss/Mamoswine: :ss/Slowbro-Galar: :ss/Cloyster: :ss/Moltres: :ss/Froslass:

Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Blizzard
- Hypnosis

Mamoswine @ Bright Powder
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Slowbro-Galar @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Shell Side Arm
- Psychic

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Froslass (F) @ Bright Powder
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hail
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

I was inspired to build this team by the very healthy and positive discussion in the Policy Review subforum related to Luck items. The goal is quite simple - this team can beat any team, any player, at any moment, no matter how bad the matchup or skill differential, so long as you pray to the correct Luck goddess before the fight. Ninetales-A is probably most important, as Hail is the key to most of your luck here. But you also have a Cloyster in case the opportunity presents for a nice sweep that way (but make sure you're not facing Inner Focus Umbreon). Moltres is there just for hazard removal mostly, but also to help you proc a Flame Body burn or two. Slowbro-G is, admittedly, usually a last resort here, as QCQD is not the most reliable. But when you need its magic the most, you can count on it benefitting you at least 40+% of the time! I recommend everyone use this team on the ladder to make it more fun for everyone.

https://pokepast.es/e0ba2f2f07ba1032

keldeo-resolute.gif
:ss/salamence:
rhyperior.gif
:ss/tangrowth:
scizor.gif
slowbro-galar.gif

This team uses keldeo, salamence, rhyperior, and scizor to break holes in the opposing team for slowbro-g to finally clean the game. Keldeo is the second best breaker in the game, and the main form of speed control. Keldeo fires brutally powerful Hydro Pump's and Secret Swords which threaten the entire tier and 2hko or Ohko any pokemon that does not resist the stabs. Well the only pokemon that does.. the next one handles it. Salamence threatens any pokemon that resist Keldeo's Water and Fighting moves with a strong hurricane threatening Primarina, Tangrowth, amoonguss, and buzzwole. It provides the team with necessary hazard control to keep keldeo, rhyperior, and slowbro-g healthy throught the game so they are able to do their jobs properly. Rhyperior provides the team with a very needed moltres-g hard check, and needed hazards. Rhyperior set allows it to threaten pokemon such as tangrowth and amoonguss harder with adamant and 16 attack EV's, and Heat Crash for pokemon such as scizor, tapu bulu, and amoonguss to help keldeo break through teams easier and slowbro-g an easier time later in the game to clean. Tangrowth pairs well with slowbro-g as a choice locked keldeo is unable to break through the core as if it is locked into hydro pump it can just stay in and threaten it with a power whip and if it is locked into secret sword that is free setup for slowbro-g. It also pressures the opponents with knock off for pokemon such as banded scizor, aegislash, and jirachi to easy the sweep for slowbro-g late game. Scizor is the main pivot of this team taking advantage of pokemon such as krookodile, chansey, and tangrowth wanting to switch out against it which can allow for a free turn for its teammates such as keldeo, or slowbro-g. It has SD to provide a late game cleaner against weakened teams with its bullet punch. Slowbro-g is the final member, having safety goggles to take advantage of amoonguss more easily and not caring about sleep powder from tangrowth and set up on them or threaten them with scald burns or sludge bomb poison's toward their teammates. Slowbro-g physical bulk is maxed out to better take hits from scizor, buzzwole, krookodile, and obstagoon.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

:ss/slowbro-galar: :ss/tapu bulu: :ss/rotom-wash: :ss/scizor: :ss/nihilego: :ss/salamence:

This VoltTurn team features the week's secret ingredient. Slowbro-G functions as an excellent check to many special attackers, like Primarina and Keldeo. Bulu grants Grassy Terrain support for the team, allowing Nihilego and Slowbro to face Ground-types like Mamoswine and Rhyperior more easily. Tapu Bulu also takes on dangerous threats like Crawdaunt for it, while Galarian Slowbro removes Grass-types like Amoonguss and Tangrowth for Tapu Bulu. Rotom-W and Scizor make a great VoltTurn core, being able to pivot around and allow our breakers to get in easier. Goggles Scizor is for Amoonguss because i have like nothing for Amogus. Salamence adds another defensive Pokemon as a failsafe against physical attackers, and Nihilego is always a funky pick and functions as the primary breaker on the team.​

:ss/Slowbro-Galar: :ss/Mamoswine::ss/Primarina: :ss/Cobalion: :ss/Noivern::ss/Tangrowth:
https://pokepast.es/822bbb9af80e9bd8

Time to plug my rejected sample team (insert sunglasses). Magnum and I built this with the premise being future sight AV glowbro+ mamoswine to fuck shit up, b/c anything that wants to switch into mamo (buzz) gets murked by future sight. Such a scummy but fun strategy. Mamo hits like a truck while AV glowbro checks a lot of threatening stuff like Prim and Nihilego. Sub CM appreciates everything getting weakened to clean up at the end and acts as a check to keldeo. Cobalion sets rocks and checks Scizor, and also carries Stone Edge for Moltres and Salamence. Noivern provides another pivot into Keldeo while providing speed and hazard control for the team. Finally, AV Tangrowth helps check stuff like Raikou, Prim, and krook that are a pain for the team. EVs let it eat 2 sacred swords from specs keldeo. Reusing replays to show how it works here and here. According to the sample crew, its rejected because its weak to scizor, so don't let it set up and just pressure the mf. Overall really cool team to use, its not even THAT scizor weak so I wouldn't worry too much. Anyway, enjoy the team and song. The song is to symbolize how Pokemon drop to glowbro future sights and Mamo

Btw update the op Laevin, I need my moltres team in the Hall of Fame

Last edited:

Slowbro-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 192 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam

Thundurus (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 160 SpD / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- U-turn
- Synthesis

This team originally was built before this week actually started. It was actually about a day before, and I really wanted to try AV Glowbro + Crawdaunt, because the Crab is kinda dumb even with a tier full of answers. Next, Thundurus functions as the team's speed control (alongside CB Jet obviously), as well as a wincon/breaker able to smash through slower teams and teams without a mon faster then keldeo. Next, Seismitoad functions as the rocker, helps with CM Prim (the spread enables you to beat CM prim), and provides Knock Support. Salamence is the main scizor answer, keldeo check, and hazard control. Finally, Zarude gives another offensive check to Primarina, checks Krook, and functions as a pivot to lure and bring in Crawdaunt on things such as Celesteela or Moltres (if U-turn doesn't get you burnt).

Hi! It's been a struggle but we got a good amount of very cool submissions! Thanks a lot to all the participants.
As you guessed, it's voting time! Choose one from the following:

:Ninetales-Alola: :Mamoswine: :Slowbro-Galar: :Cloyster: :Moltres: :Froslass: by BigFatMantis
:keldeo: :salamence: :rhyperior: :tangrowth: :scizor: :slowbro-galar: by HydreigontheChild
:slowbro-galar: :tapu bulu: :rotom-wash: :scizor: :nihilego: :salamence: by Codename Magnum
:slowbro-galar: :mamoswine: :primarina: :cobalion: :noivern: :tangrowth: by Monky25
:slowbro-galar: :crawdaunt: :thundurus: :seismitoad: :salamence: :zarude: by Sickist

You have two days! For anyone interested I updated the op and uniformed it with the beautiful sprites Twi's been using, but I'm too lazy to use them there (they take a while to add).

Last edited:

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This one was super close for me, Monky had a cool team but no music, Sickist had music but a the team has a toad, so i will therefore be voting Monky25

break tie.png

Congrats bfm for winning this week! The sight of this team still gives me goosebumps, and I'll give you a shot to do even better

Week 15 : Screens
:ss/grimmsnarl: :ss/ninetales-alola: :ss/klefki:
This is currently being discussed with the ongoing UU survey so I figured it'd be fun to take a look on the playstyle as a whole. I'm aware this might not be everyone's favorite and some teams will probably look similar but I hope to see some fun compositions, even a cheesy wincon here and there. Consider this as a safe opportunity to build Screens one more, maybe last, time.
You have until Saturday

:ss/Azelf: :ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Gyarados: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Moltres-Galar: :ss/Celesteela:

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Rest

Gyarados @ Power Herb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Power Whip

Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Taunt

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower

Celesteela @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower

Have you ever wanted to have Stealth Rock and Screens both in one mon? Then Azelf is for you! With the added bonus of making the other player believe Grimmsnarl is your Screens Setter and Azelf can actually eat a Scizor Bullet Punch (wow!). It can also set up Stealth Rock and boom, which means you have Screen setter, Hazard setter, and momentum all in one spot! Utilizing Grimmsnarl's actually decent attack and Prankster, it can become quite a menace, being able to use ChestoResto to it's fullest potential thanks to Prankster. The other four mons are pretty much standard and almost all have a decent Scizor MU, which Grimmsnarl hates a lot since it's not running Fire Punch to lure it and it can't live a Bullet Punch.

:ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Gyarados: :ss/Jirachi: :ss/Azelf: :ss/Moltres-Galar: :ss/Diggersby:

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Jirachi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Safeguard
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Azelf @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast

Moltres-Galar @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Rest
- Fiery Wrath

Diggersby @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Last Resort

This was a fun team I made a while back that uses a very sus suicide Jirachi w/ rocks and Healing Wish. It's cool because you can use the Healing Wish whenever you want and it'll stay active until something needs it. The Grimmsnarl is the obvious screen setter once the rocks are up. Gyarados is meant to break all transform based stall teams, while Moltres-G with resto chesto breaks other stall teams. Diggersby is just kinda funny and goes off if there's no Aegislash. And, finally, Azelf can destroy the entire tier once it sets up one NP, and under screens it's pretty much guaranteed to do this. It even eats a scarf Krook Knock Off under Reflect, and KOs it and then KOs the rest of the team probably if they have no priority left.

The song has nothing to do with this team I just posted it bc it's cool.

This is my first time doing this so I don't know how to add the 3D models, so please ignore it.

:toxtricity: :grimmsnarl: :mew: :moltres-galar: :keldeo: :scizor:
R H CHILI PEPPERS (Toxtricity) @ Life Orb
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Drain Punch

LOVE DELUXE (Grimmsnarl) (M) @ Light Clay
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

KILLER QUEEN (Mew) @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

DARK MIRAGE (Moltres-Galar) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Rest

WEATHER REPORT (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Air Slash

KING CRIMSON (Scizor) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
I wanted to build a Toxtricity team, since I felt like people on the ladder really weren't going to be prepared for it. Pretty much the only defensive answer to Toxtricity in UU is Rhyperior, so I also had Scizor and Moltres, two other Pokemon that Rhyperior usually handles, since Rhyperior can really only check one of them per game. All three can win. Hurricane on Moltres can be used for a marginally better Primarina matchup, who's pretty annoying in general, but since it's really not much of a difference, I prefer the Rest variant to 6-0 stall. Keldeo is here because I thought it would be funny, and because it can help weaken Assault Vest Tangrowth, who's an effective stop to Toxtricity otherwise, as well as beating Ground-types in general. I'm using Mew as the lead because the Spikes are really important to help Toxtricity get OHKOs on Amoonguss, Nidoqueen, and Scizor that it wouldn't otherwise.
EDIT: fixed moltres to comply with rules, i need to learn to read

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
This is my first time doing this so I don't know how to add the 3D models, so please ignore it.

:toxtricity: :grimmsnarl: :mew: :moltres-galar: :keldeo: :scizor:
R H CHILI PEPPERS (Toxtricity) @ Life Orb
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Drain Punch

LOVE DELUXE (Grimmsnarl) (M) @ Light Clay
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

KILLER QUEEN (Mew) @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

DARK MIRAGE (Moltres-Galar) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Rest

WEATHER REPORT (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Air Slash

KING CRIMSON (Scizor) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
I wanted to build a Toxtricity team, since I felt like people on the ladder really weren't going to be prepared for it. Pretty much the only defensive answer to Toxtricity in UU is Rhyperior, so I also had Scizor and Moltres, two other Pokemon that Rhyperior usually handles, since Rhyperior can really only check one of them per game. All three can win. Hurricane on Moltres can be used for a marginally better Primarina matchup, who's pretty annoying in general, but since it's really not much of a difference, I prefer the Rest variant to 6-0 stall. Keldeo is here because I thought it would be funny, and because it can help weaken Assault Vest Tangrowth, who's an effective stop to Toxtricity otherwise, as well as beating Ground-types in general. I'm using Mew as the lead because the Spikes are really important to help Toxtricity get OHKOs on Amoonguss, Nidoqueen, and Scizor that it wouldn't otherwise.
EDIT: fixed moltres to comply with rules, i need to learn to read
just do :ss/pokemonname:

like for instance :ss/scizor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)