Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition - Week 7: Building! (Pangoro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit late this time...but things happen. Anyway, congratulations to Eve for winning this week.

:swsh/toxtricity:

Our next mon on the block is BLOODMONEY Toxtricity! One of the newer offensive Electric-types in the tier, Toxtricity's power with Choice Specs is not to be underestimated. How will you support this newcomer to the UU tier?

Building ends Friday, April 10.

Last edited:

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Reuniclus + Pangoro Offense
:ss/gigalith: :ss/noivern: :ss/reuniclus: :ss/toxtricity-low-key: :ss/weezing-galar: :ss/pangoro:
After being inactive on UU forums for a while, I will be posting some stuff. I build this team during UU Beta and I decided to fix it for the actual metagame.
Gigalith is the SR setter and check to special attackers (Tox, Garde, Vern, Chand, etc), Noivern is the speed control and makes a Volt Turn core with Toxtricity. Gweezing is the hazard remover and check to phisical attackers and ground types. Noivern and Toxtricity invites mons like Gigalith, Bronzong and Umbreon, and gives Reuniclus and Pangoro free turns to spam strong hits. Machamp was an option over Pangoro, however I decided to run Pangoro as it provides Stab Knock Off and is not as weak as Machamp to chip Damage. LO Reuniclus is able to come without problems on Gweezing and Bronzong as their are not able to punnish Reuniclus, also a Psychic, Ghost and Fighting coverage is enought for everything. Pangoro can also work as a revenge killer with Bullet Punch to stuff like Gardevoir and Poltageist.
Mons like Milotic, Vaporeon and Mantine can cause problems, and there is where Toxtricity punnish those water types,also get ride of Milotic's Leftovers with Pangoro makes even more easy to break across the opposing team.

Last edited:
HAMON OVERDRIVE

Rotom-Wash @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 SpD / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Pain Split

HAMON OVERDRIVE (Toxtricity) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Boomburst
- Shift Gear

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball / Psychic

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Teleport

Guess who's back with another 3000 IQ team?

That's right, I am. So this week being Toxricity, I wanted to go a different route than choice, so I went the heat throat spray +shift gear set. It's to be used as a midgame cleaner or as a wincon, depending on the MU. I then added Washtom cuz fuck ground types, especially mamo, and Washtom gives me a water check/defogger/pivot as well. Next up, I needed a celebi answer as well as to not lose to gardervoir, so I went with the bell. Bronzong gives Rocks, a great steel type, and yet another way to cuck ground types. It also has the god lure of shadow ball in the last slot for celebi / doublade / chandy, but you can run psychic if you especially hate WeezingG / Venusaur. Next, I needed a Ground and Speed Control, and thats the Obvious Flygon. No need to explain there, just bait in shit and click uturn, and then clean at the end with it. After that, I needed to not lose to dragons / darks, so I chose the newbie drop Sylveon. Sylveon checks Haxorus, Sirfetch'd, and Noivern for the team, while also providing wish support and heal bell support, which a lot of my team relies on (rotom has painsplit so you dont lose to mons 1v1 if sylv dies). Finally, the most big brain member on the team, CB Teleport Arcanine. Doing what incine dreams of doing, CB Teleport Arcanine can actually check fairies, break walls, and bait in shit + gtfo of any bad situation without taking a million damage before hand. Espeed also lets you revenge kill shit like Haxorus, etc. Warning, Golisopod can be a bitch so you kinda gotta play around that. Otherwise, enjoy the team! Peace, bros!​

Get ready to ch0ke.
:Toxtricity::Rhyperior::Golisopod::Sigilyph::Incineroar::Whimsicott:
(click on sprites for paste)
So the premise around this team was Shift Gear Toxtricity and when it comes to a team with a cleaner like this, it often ends up being an uphill battle of 5-6 so you need to get a little creative. Toxtricity is your late-game cleaner with Shift Gear and Throat Spray along with a Modest nature to maximize damage output since you’re outspeeding the entire metagame anyway outside of Chlorophyll mons in the Sun. Rhyperior is the rocker of choice for soloing Gigalith and is carrying Ice Punch to solo Flygon because it easily pivots around most of this team while also KOing Noivern without having to risk Stone Edge RNG being a bitch. Golisopod is on the team for Cobalion, other Fighting-types, and Mamoswine (bye pig) and also sets Spikes. Knock Off is amazing on Golisopod since Noivern is the switch in every single time and knocking boots off of mons is hugely beneficial so that they take the full force of hazards and increasing potential odds of Toxtricity clean. Sigilyph solos Weezing and is packing Energy Ball to lure opposing Rhyperior because Whimsicott isn’t cutting it as much as I love the mon. Incineroar switches into special attackers and Bronzong we been knew. And finally Whimsicott is a surprisingly efficient Haxorous answer and can be hella obnoxious with Encore locking mons into set up moves. If you’re afraid that Webs will complicate your Toxtricity clean you can opt for Defog over Giga Drain. But you mostly want to get those pesky Gigaliths and Rhyperiors removed that will bar Toxtricity so Giga Drain or Energy Ball is preferred. Cheers!

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
AV Reuniclus VoltTurn

:ss/toxtricity: :ss/darmanitan: :ss/rhyperior: :ss/reuniclus: :ss/rotom-wash: :ss/whimsicott:
Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 48 SpA / 224 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Pain Split

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 64 HP / 4 Def / 232 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-turn
Specs Toxtricity + Scarf Darmanitan seemed like a good combo, since Toxtricity is often able to weaken opposing fire resists such as Rhyperior or Gigalith. Sleep Talk > Sludge Bomb on Toxtricity because Roserade is annoying. Rhyperior gets up rocks, blocks Volt Switch, and tanks hits from threats such as Noivern and opposing Darm and Toxtricity. Specially defensive Assault Vest Reuniclus is an underrated pivot that checks dangerous special attackers like Chlorophyll Venusaur while staying healthy with Regenerator. Defog Rotom-Wash removes rocks for Darm and provides a Mamoswine check and secondary fire resist. Toxic is an option over Pain Split in the last slot. Finally, Whimsicott glues the team together by checking Haxorus and shutting down setup with Prankster Encore. It also completes a fire/water/grass core, if you're into that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Shift Gear Spray Tox + Webs Balance

:ss/Gardevoir: :ss/Incineroar: :ss/Toxtricity: :ss/Ribombee: :ss/Rotom-Wash: :ss/Rhyperior:

Reptilia (Toxtricity) (M) @ Throat Spray
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Shift Gear

Is This It (Ribombee) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Stun Spore

Last Nite (Incineroar) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Taunt

Threat of Joy (Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Someday (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

The Modern Age (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

What’s up ladies and gents I hope you all are safe and utilizing your time the best you can in these crazy times. This team went through many versions until I settled with this and it’s been putting in work on the ladder. Shift Gear Tox will pretty much out-speed everything except some Sun teams and with a Modest nature it will muscle past almost every mon in the metagame after they’ve been chipped away at. You can lure teams into thinking you're Choiced and setup on a switch and that's what I like more about running Throat Spray over the Specs set. Gardevoir is a great check to the Sun teams running rampant right now and it also helps check Haxorus, Flygon, Cobalion, and many others thanks to its great special stats and speed tier. Ribombee can be used as a Suicide Lead to get up Sticky Webs if your opponent is lacking any reliable hazard control, which allows Toxtricity to not be as reliant on setting up to sweep. You could also use it offensively to finish off mons or have it come into to take a hit and revenge kill a threat as well. It’s an excellent check to Noivern as well as it just outspeeds the bat and has great odds at OHKOing it if it’s not some defensive set, which is clutch at preventing any Defog non-sense on your rocks and webs. The defensive core is very standard, Incineroar is just a menace for any Chandelure, Polteageist, or Cursola you might run into. Rotom is there to provide an Earthquake immunity and be another check to Coba and Darmantian, as I think Darm is looking overbearing for the tier right now especially in conjunction with Sun, it also provides the team with some Defog support as sometimes you’ll find that keeping hazards gone is more important than having your webs up. Rhypherior is your rocker and has great stats to eat up all kinds hits and a 140 attack stat is nothing to scoff at, and with Mamoswine gone I think he will keep rising as one of the prominent Ground types in the tier until we get more drops or DLC in the future. Have fun with it!

Last edited:
(bit late, but i'd still like to post this)
DOUBLE ELECTRIC PANDA HEAT
Panda Panda
I decided to make a HO team that didn't include a lot of the top threats, so performance-wise, it's heavily reliant on aggressive switching and leading well.

Pangoro is the physical wallbreaker with enough EVs to outspeed max speed araquanid and the rest put into attack and hp. Sash duraladon is the noivern check and SR setter, and it provides a really good lead matchup against most defoggers/hazard setters. Most people also think it's specs, making it an effective lure. Silver powder goli is the spiker and priority user, and emergency exit is used to bring in either toxtricity or pangoro as a nuke. Specs toxtricity is the team's second wall-breaker, tsareena is a bulky spinner and rotom is the scarfer and defogger.

Unfortunately I don't have replays, but I beat blunder on a stream with it :)

Voting Warzoid cuz just off looking at the team, or if I were looking from preview, i cant pick out a mon that specifically does very well against it. Looking at the sets, its even harder to. I feel like its the best team here, far better than mine (although CB teleport arcanine is still the most 3000iq heat shit imo). So yea, my vote goes to Warzoid.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
i love the sickist team, because Sylveon + Bronzong core is really interesant.
Voting Sickist
PD: the Warzoid is team is good too, maybe a tie, but I think I go more to Sickist

So sorry for the delay while waiting for more votes, but congratulations to Taptricity for winning this week!

:ss/sylveon:

Our next Pokemon on the list is Sylveon! One of the newest drops, it’s already made a splash in the tier with offensive, defensive, and supportive roles. Will you stick with the tried-and-true Wish set, or the ever powerful Choice Specs?

Building ends Sunday, April 26th.

Since everybody is busy laddering ult, I'll share one of my recent builds that I think is pretty fun:

(BW sprites are the best, change my mind.)

CB Rhyperior + Celebi

This team is built around NP Celebi and CB Rhyperior. CB Rhyperior is able to remove common answers to Celebi like Escavalier, Umbreon and Noivern pretty efficiently. The set isn't really popular either, so you can land surprise KOs from time to time, even though it's somewhat obvious from the team's structure that Rhyp is an offensive set. But they have great offensive synergy outside of the surprise factor too.
The rest of the team is pretty standard: Zong+Incineroar might just be the best defensive core in the game rn, Sylveon checks the ever so common dragons and provides Wish support so Zong/Inc dont get whittled as fast. Last slot is defog Noivern for the culture.

Hope you like it!

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Mystical Fire

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Protect

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Fire Punch

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Nasty Plot

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 68 SpD / 84 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Weather Ball

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 84 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Parting Shot

I chose to use Specs Sylveon, but with a twist. Weather Ball + Sand allows Sylveon to lure in would be checks to Sylveon (aka fire types on a predicted mystical fire), and demolish them with a powerful base 100 rock move. Shoutout to my boy Euphonos for the idea in one way or another. Other than that, just normal Specs Sylveon doing Sylveon things, checks CB Haxorus somewhat and Fightings. Gigalith checks Sun and gets rocks up, as well as deals with threatening Special Attackers, namely Garde, Tox, etc. Next is standard defog Noivern, checks Golis, Celebi, and so on. Gastrodon checks waters and steels for the team, helping out with Doublade, Cobalion (especially twave variants), Rhyperior, and walling Rotom Wash completely. Celebi is the team's breaker, carrying protect instead of coverage to invalidate First Impression as revenge tool. You will need to weaken Incineroar to either KO range or just KO it by luring it. Finally, Incineroar provides a secondary pivot for Chandy, Celebi, etc. and helps provide momentum with Knock Off and Parting Shot. Only real issue Ive found with this build is Hurricane missing on Noivern and Haxorus if it gets to +2/+2 somehow. Other than that, enjoy!

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
well, is my time
1587851002165.png
1587851009098.png
1587851289470.png
1587851016053.png
1587851302851.png
1587851012523.png

Incineroar Swords Dance + Sylveon

The team is built on the basis of the Incineroar SD + Sylveon core. SD Incineroar on the one hand is really powerful and can stop most of the walls of the metagame and Wish Sylveon is in charge of making Incineroar last longer in the field, because Incineroar is very susceptible to state problems like poisoning and paralysis and It also wears out when boosting, because it is slow and normally takes a lot of damage, making Sylveon a key piece of this team.
Then I decided to put Rotom Wash that has a great synergy with this core, offers Hazzard Control and a match up against the bulky waters that are a problem for Incineroar, it also covers Sylveon of mons like Chandelure and Darmanitan very well.
After adding Rotom Wash I realized that I needed a ground type and Rhyperior was perfect, it offers Hazzards as in the case of Stealth Rock, I also decided Toxic instead of Swords Dance to have a better match against Rotom Wash and Rotom Mow.
The last slots were Noivern and Doublade, Noivern is a great Stallbreaker who presses stall in an incredible way, he is great and I don't have much to say about him and Doublade + Noivern is a perfect core to cover up with fairies like Sylveon and Gardevoir who they are very common right now, I decided Doublade over Cobalion for his best match up against fairies.

Here I have the importable in case you are interested!, by the way, I put double toxic because my weakness to Rotom Wash is quite obvious and I wanted to do that to be able to stop it better, so Rotom Wash is no longer such a serious problem because I also put Taunt in Noivern.
Sylvita (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Incito (Incineroar) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 200 HP / 108 Atk / 24 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Throat Chop
- U-turn

Doublito (Doublade) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Rhypito (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Robotito (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Toxic

Noivito (Noivern) (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

PD: I will keep the nicknames, but if you want you can eliminate them, I say this for any confusion.

see you!

Last edited:

Mygrein

Banned deucer.
Normal SpriteNormal SpriteNormal Sprite

EPIC SUN SD SPECS DD EXPLOSION

This team requires a lot of skill so i dont recommend anyone use it or they will likely lose, the reason of course being its so hard to use because of the skill which was mentioned previously in this here explanation. On another note, this team follows a very simple philosophy:
"He who is strongest wins" -Someone somewhere
Following that I am of course obligated to use Darmanitan, ideally i would lead Torkoal flex with an overheat and go into Darmanitan to win the game on turn 2, but somehow that did not work all the time. I was sad.
So I took that sadness and made it my weapon, I shed my tears in the form of clicking hyper voice with Sylveon. As I watched my opponents tremble in fear of this demon who so casually wore glasses in the battle I had a moment of catharsis. I was no longer sad.
Then I had to add Haxorus per the strong rule, some might say this mon needs to banned but I think thats animal abuse so I called peta on Ramolost, it was a success and he went to jail. I opt to use Dragon Dance because sometimes people will use faster mons than mine and that bothers me, I can't be slower. I was angry. Using three moves which were all picked based on incredibly hard requirements I ended up with Outrage, Earthquake and Poison Jab. The reason being: Outrage represents my anger, Earthquake represents how Rotom is nothing but a pebble. Poison jab has poison, so even if I lose, on their way to the Pokemon Center their mon might die to poison so I have the last laugh.
Cobalion fits a great niche on my team, it has close combat and beats Umbreon/Sylveon. I was gonna use Occa Berry to flex on Chandelure/Darmanitan but I realized that would be too easy, there is no fun to be had if the opponent is having his brain blowned by even the smallest details. To make up for that I used Life Orb, as a handicap to myself so that I can not instantly win with it and they have an out. I am good.
As my last mon i decided to use Lucario, i had nothing close to it on the team yet and his role is hard to fill. For every Hyper voice clicked there is an Extreme Speed revenge killing whoever stands between me and a Big Mac. I used Adamant because speed means nothing.

So please rate my team and vote for me. Remember the true people come from the dside and the yes is ok. Alligator

click image for team

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

EVs: 200 HP / 32 Atk / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw

This team is just a fun take on more traditional Sylveon + Escavalier teams. SD Steelvally can serve as a nice check to stuff like Roserade/Specs Sylveon/Specs Gardevoir, a Knock Off pivot, and an interesting choice of a SD breaker that can easily u-turn on and soften checks like Rotom-Wash/Incineroar. Flamethrower over Flame Charge gives it a way to more immediately harm Cobalion hard switching in and Escavalier, letting it better offensively check it, and a way to break through Doublade.

Sylveon helps it nicely by curing it of status and keeping it healthy, so that it can better pivot into these pokemon. Rhyperior offers a necessary check to Toxtricity and Darm, while SD Incin gives a check to stuff like Chandy/Escav for the team, and a secondary breaker, and a nice way to lure in stuff like Rotom-Wash for Steelvally. Rotom-Wash provides a useful Defogger to keep entry hazards off and a nice switch in to rhyperior and gigalith, while Scarf Flygon gives some speed control, a DD haxorus check that we struggle with when using Steelvally > Escavalier, and a cleaner.

1588097942416.png
1588097984176.png
1588097935022.png
1588098005414.png
1588098023285.png
1588098037437.png

https://pokepast.es/70fa617848d7faaf
Sewage BO
So i started with the tried and true wish sylveon. this was then followed up with a mon who's best partner is sylveon, in escavalier. from there i just finished out the fairy dragon steel core with a random noivern i slapped on with no thought, dont ask what the spreads are for i dont know. Seeing as how this team was very weak to fire types, i decided that centiskorch might have a place on this team because the good rock types of the tier dont like getting burnt, and water types aren't real they cant hurt me. I then realized this team didnt have rocks, and was weak to noivern/other special attackers so thats why i run a gigalith. then milotic is just there as a catch all from set up sweepers and functions as a bulky pivot.

EDIT: just realized that the version i posted here has wish twice on sylveon, fixed now.

Last edited:

This is a team I built after seeing Adaam using Copperajah in UUPL. The elephant has great utility and probably has one of the best coverage options the tier has to offer. I opted for Heat Crash and Power Whip so I could dismantle the Gastrodon + Escavalier builds that are becoming popular right now. Machamp + U-turn Noivern is a great core that allows me to wreak havoc against Gigalith/Rhyperior builds. DD + Throat Chop Flygon is a threat that has swept teams that rely on Sylveon as their only Dragon counter countless times, and it's a cool late-game cleaner if you play your cards carefully. I chose TW + Pain Split on Rotom-W so I could check physical attackers more efficiently while creeping fast Pokemon for Machamp and Flygon. For the last slot, I felt like I needed a Pokemon to complete my defensive core, while also allowing me not to get smashed by Pangoro and Haxorus, so Sylveon was a perfect fit. This is by far one of my favorite builds this gen because this was the first time I really explored the teambuilder and ended up building a rather unorthodox team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)