Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Araquanid @ Splash Plate
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 24 HP / 232 Atk / 20 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Magic Coat

<3_<3 (Honchkrow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Krookodile @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Snatch

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Sleep Talk
So this spawned from me really wanting to make webs again cause I love webs. Webs are trashcan so prepare to witness a trashcan team... But anyways, Araquanid comes in as the web setter, it's prolly the best web setter UU has since it can serve as a wallbreaker as well and it can set webs up later on in the match instead of serving as more linear web setters like Smeargle. So Serp is extremely irritating for webs for obvious reasons, and Honchkrow comes in as something that can easily sweep teams that are unprepared w/ Moxie and Sucker Punch as priority (it also lives +2 Leaf Storm from Serp). Lucario comes in as the Staka answer and more priority spam to keep Serperior at bay, also helps the stall matchup a bunch. Serperior is here as a defog punisher w/ Contrary and it helps the bulky water m/u immensly. One of the most common threats to webs is Maero, and as of rn the Mmane m/u is lookin pretty stupid... so I have Z-Snatch Krookodile to help out a little bit and offer Stealth Rock support (I also went with EdgeQuake > Knock Off + EQ to pressure burds better). Chandelure is here because it's something that can kinda deal with Serp, but more importantly the Scizor m/u without it is like hahahhahahahahaha, also Breloom n shit u know. TSR ik u don't like Scarf Chandy just be gentle pls.

Last edited:
hi i made a chandelure team because it's my favorite pokemon :D

so basically I built this team around an interesting Chandelure set, sub+WoW+hex. This set smacks a lot of chandelure's most prevalent switchins, like Swampert and Muk-Alola, and getting up a sub for free against stuff like Scizor without Knock and Breloom without Rock Tomb is pretty sweet for free damage. Also, this set deals with Gliscor really well, as if it has its toxic orb activated and switches into Hex it has a chance to be OHKO'd after rocks - and you can sometimes kill it if it goes straight for EQ, too. It's a surprisingly strong set that a lot of people don't expect. I paired it with SR SD cobalion because it can deal with Hydreigon and provide chandelure support, and chandelure checks stuff like Infernape that can threaten out Cobalion. I added Rotom-Mow because it provides defog support and helps in the matchups with bulky waters like Swampert and Suicune. I then realized the team hard lost to other chandelures that could click shadow ball as well as shit like Volcanion so I decided to add a Sub+CM suicune, which prefers its checks being worn down by Chandelure as well. Ice Beam instead of Protect because I don't wanna be setup fodder for stuff like Hydreigon and DD Mega Altaria. Mega Altaria was added fifth as a check to Mega Manectric and a secondary Serperior check; finally, I added CB scizor on the end to provide a solid u-turn core with Rotom and something that could threaten out Latias as well as being my main revenge killer. I used this team a few times on ladder but didn't get any solid replays - it's a really fun team though! calcs below.
one quick note: this team is really weak to megamane if you let altaria die, so either let it get worn down by hazards and try to kill with BP or keep altaria healthy at all costs

252 SpA Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Swampert: 247-292 (61.5 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and burn damage (assuming you burn it on the switch or on the rocks, and it cannot kill you with scald)
252 SpA Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 244 HP / 200+ SpD Gliscor: 211-249 (59.9 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal (there are tons of gliscor sets; I just chose a standard spdef set, but the fast SD set has a chance of dying to Hex:
252 SpA Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 292-345 (82.9 - 98%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
and the former set is outsped and doesn't OHKO with EQ.
if you burn Aerodactyl on the switchin, *and* rocks are up -
252 SpA Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Aerodactyl-Mega: 240-283 (79.7 - 94%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and burn damage (you don't die to a burned Stone Edge)
252 SpA Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Seismitoad: 291-343 (70.2 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and burn damage

these are just a few calcs, but this chandelure set has a ton of potential - and I think the team supports it rather well. Give it a try :]

Hi, I don't really build a lot of teams, but here's a pretty dope one with a Chandy in it:

Super straightforward HO. FEAR Lycanroc is cheap but surprisingly effective up to mid-high ladder. The aim is to bust a hole or force the opponent into a momentum-sapping turn that allows one of your 4 setup sweepers to get in and wreck havoc. This team plays super tight and fast, so try and play off opponents' expectations wherever possible, because you need every opportunity to break. Fake CB on Sciz until it's time to sweep, fake CB on Azu until it's time to BD, fake choice on Latias until Ice Beam/Thunder nets you a kill, etc. You can run Z-Thunder if you want but generally regular Thunder does enough damage that an ally can clean up after her. Dragonium's better for breaking Muk so Chandy can bust a nut in peace.

Speaking of which, Chandy's instrumental on here as the Scizor check and secondary Serperior check. It's your main check against stall as well. Things like boosted Azu and Latias tend to heavily lure BPs from Scizor so take advantage of that to go in and delete a mon or two. Ghostium-Z is self-explanatory, you want to delete shit like Suicune/Tenta/scarf Hydreigon/whatever that might compromise another of your wincons. Lefties is useable too if you're not comfortable with running double-Z, but generally this team plays fast enough to not really care about longevity.

Threats: MAggron (try to lure with Latias), Sharpedo-Mega (try to keep your priority users very healthy)

Other options: Breloom over Scizor, Flame Charge on Chandy, literally any other sash/endeavor lead or SR Necrozma instead of Lycanroc

Overall super fun/easy to play, anyone can probably autopilot this to 1600 but it's not gonna do very well beyond that.

importable:

wincon (Krookodile) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Outrage

bunnyboy (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 248 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

redrum (Latias) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

black magic (Lycanroc-Dusk) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Accelerock
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

stirner (Chandelure) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

the tolerant left (Scizor) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Reactions: TSR

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tsareena @ Choice Band
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Originally started with Tsareena. I added Stakataka because is greatly appreciates Tsareena beating bulky Water-types, such as Hippowdon and Swampert, and weakening Steel-type walls for it. It is also pretty slept on right now that the Stakataka hype has faded. I added Swampert because I wanted a Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Manectric counter, and because I needed Stealth Rock. I wanted a good set-up sweeper that also let me deal with Scizor, so I added SubCM Chandelure. It also makes the matchup against Stall teams better. I lacked Ghost- and Dark-type resists and Speed control, so I added Hydreigon. At that point, I wanted a Fairy-type and a Defog-user that let me switch into Hydreigon. I chose Togekiss. With Babiri Berry, it also lures in Steel-type with Flamethrower. Alternatively, Mega Altaria can be ran over Togekiss but the matchup against Steel-types would be slightly worse. Furthermore, Rose Incense could be used over Choice Band on Tsareena but the overall breaking power Choice Band provides is really appreciated.

The Calm Mind Latias matchup is shaky, but Stakataka keeps it in check and Hydreigon can revenge kill if there's need to.

3-3 tie between Misa and Slate, you know how it goes; I'll leave voting up till morning so we can get some tiebreaking votes!

e: forgive me I am a dingus

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
I voted for Misa at the start of the voting period, if y'all recall, so it's actually 4-3!!

Congrats Amane Misa, you won the week!

Amane Misa - 4
slated - 3
vivalospride - 2

----------------

That's right, we're doing Hydreigon: the redux! With Azumarill gone, Hydreigon just got a good bit easier to fit on teams. Its wide variety of sets, including Scarf, Specs, Life Orb Roost, and even Acid Downpour, grant it a ton of versatility to perform various roles for the team (though most of them involve wallbreaking). In addition, it's even capable of using Defog if needed!

Get to building, folks! Teams will either be due Saturday or Sunday depending on how many teams we have at the time. Sorry for the time crunch!

hydreigon.gif
suicune.gif
breloom.gif
nihilego.gif
steelix-mega.gif
chandelure.gif

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

This is a team I built around Dragonium Z Hydreigon (s/o to Eyan for helping). Dragonium Z Hydreigon is pretty fun, as it can catch things like Gliscor off guard by hitting it with a powerful 190 BP Z-Move. I thought of Suicune for my next member. Suicune is a cool mon (super annoying...) that annoys a lot of teams with its SubProtect set. Anyway, next I wanted a strong stallbreaker to beat fat: Breloom fit nicely, Poison Heal is really nice. It also acts as the teams second wincon. Choice Scarf Nihilego is here as speed control, a Hydreigon check (nobody expects Dazzling Gleam), and a bird resist. I needed a Steel type, a Ground type, and rocks: Mega Steelix fit nicely. Lastly, I wanted another stallbreaker just in case as well as a third wincon: Chandelure was my choice. This team isn't too hot vs Dragons, but the m/u is still manageable. Ciao!

this team was intended to be built off of a pretty neat hydreigon+nidoking core; normally, i would use a standard scarf set on hydreigon, but I decided that going with dragonium z hydreigon w/ taunt to beat stall teams was a pretty solid idea and i could get some speed control somewhere else. the nidoking uses superpower to bait in blissey making hydreigon's job easier. pretty standard sets for those two, though. i thought i could use a sr user and something that beats aero so swampert was added, also serves as a nice bulky pivot since the first two are beaten by common scarf users like infernape. togekiss was added after because i needed a latias check and a draco switchin, and i decided to go with a 3 attacks scarf set - this is a really cool set, allowing it to beat breloom w/ sleep talk, and allowing to do things like 2hko the manectric switchin or bait in a scizor w/ fire blast. had a ton of fun using this togekiss on ladder. empoleon was added after because i needed a defogger and a flying/fairy resist, and finally, the last spot was messed around a lot - i needed a secondary bulky water check that had physical presence and could tank a close combat if necessary, so i went with heracross. this team is actually pretty solid and has a really great matchup vs. stall teams. it struggles a bit w/ offense due to the lack of priority but scarf togekiss is solid vs. them and the defensive core of pert+empoleon isn't all too bad. the lack of priority means it can struggle a bit with setup sweepers if they're given the right opportunity, so in the event you want to use this team yourself, you can probably switch heracross with something like breloom - but i really like this iteration of the team. anyway, dragonium z hydreigon w/ taunt+roost is really solid and one of the better stallbreakers in the tier. give it a shot :]

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Poisonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Belch
- Taunt

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 40 Def / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Defog

I initially started with the core of Mega Sharpedo + Z-Belch Hydreigon + Babiri Berry NP Togekiss. Hydreigon lures in Fairy-types, such as Sylveon and Mega Altaria, that Sharpedo dislikes and OHKOs them. Togekiss lures in Steel-types, such as Mega Aggron and Stakataka, which also give Sharpedo problems. Aura Sphere is chosen over Flamethrower to not only KO Stakataka, which Stall teams have been lately utilizing, but to also lure in Empoleon, which the team had troubles breaking later on. I still had an annoying matchup against Flying-types, such as Mega Pidgeot and Moltres, and to Electric-types, such as Mega Manectric and Raikou, so I added Rhyperior, which also provided Stealth Rock support. I had three Fighting weaks and Rock Tomb Breloom looked really threatening at that point, so I added Doublade. It also acts like a wincon and a secondary Dragon-type switch in. Lastly, I wanted Speed control and another wincon. I generally dislike Choice Scarf Serperior but it perfectly fit the slot, as it also provided me with a Defog user.

1524892443828.png
1524892503468.png
1524892428278.png
1524892465945.png
1524892409445.png
1524892518779.png

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Avalanche

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

I figured I'd start with the Scarf Hydreigon since you can't beat the classics and the non-scarf sets are what actually seem to be all the rage with Azu's departure. Scarf Hydreigon is a sturdy revenge killer and a strong late-game cleaner against more offensive builds. Defensive builds however, typically annoy the hell out of it, so Celebi felt like a really solid second choice. As it lures mons like A-muk that annoy Hydreigon, and smash through bulkier balances and stalls that a scarf Hydreigon can barely tickle. It also defeats Breloom, a mon that Hydra can't really handle. Rotom Heat was the third choice to help with Scizor, as well as birds like Moltres and Mega Pidgeot that looked bothersome. I have defog on my Rotom to annoy stuff like Klefki and opposing Mega Aggron by defogging their hazards while threatening them out with overheat scares. Next, I wanted something that could annoy both Gliscor and CM Lati, As CM Lati could setup on me and give me problems, and spdef invested variants of Gliscor are too thick for Hydra to smash through with a Draco. I added Mega Aggron to allieviate this. I wanted to deal with opposing scarf Hydra (My own Hydra handles slower, more wallbreak-ish variants) and give Aggron recovery, so I brought in a Sylveon to help out with that. Lastly, I had 0 Volcanion switch ins and no Mega-Mane resist, so I checked them both off in one box with Gastrodon, which I prefer over Seismitoad for this specific niche since I already have a rocker and like the recovery. The 12 speed EVs on Gastrodon are to slither past Rhyperior and outspeed it.

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Hydreigon @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Superpower

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 200 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
Idrk what the fuck this is but ima just roll with it. This is basically just a fun idea I had with Fightium Z Hydreigon to lure Blissey n shit, and Mega Houndoom with Sludge Bomb as a wincon and to kinda lure things like Primarina and other fairies, which allows Drei to drop dracos all day after. So obviously as of right now Scarf Nape can just come in and click CC, so I wanted a fighting resist, and I also wanted a rocker that Blissey can't come in on so it has to take rock damage when it comes in. Gliscor made sense, especially w/ Toxic to pressure bulky waters (Acrobatics also seemed cool cuz of the obvious loom weakness, but I thought Toxic was more important here). Now Safety Goggles Togekiss comes in here as the loom answer and defogger, also the fairy typing gives me something to switch into Drei :o. Scizor is here as a Lati answer w/ Pursuit, a pivot, and mainly to pressure fairies (the team has 3 fuckin dark types hahaha). Krook is here as something that can deal with Mmane better than Glisc, speed control, pressures Scizor/Loom w/ Fire Fang, etc. Idk how this team even happened or why it has 3 dark types, but fuck it wynaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)