Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay!Without further ado, congrats to Moutemoute for winning this week by a pretty solid margin!

That's right, this week on the drawing board we have another archetype rather than a single mon. Stall in the UU metagame has evolved quite a bit since the last time we had a week for it, so go forth and post some of your nastiest rage-inducing stall teams you've got! Voting will be up Saturday, but you knew that already.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Mareanie (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Counter
- Scald

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake

Steelix-Mega (M) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Hydreigon (M) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

I've recently tried to make a Stall which will not be 6-0 by Nasty Plot Lucario. Since Tentacruel is really easy to chip and need a lot of support to stay healthy, I tried something pretty nice : Mareanie. EV spread allows it to handle a +2 All-Out Pummeling after Stealth Rocks which is quite nice. Then we have Blissey which acts as our Cleric and Wisher. Slowbro allows me to handle in a certain extent Terrakion and counter is pretty nice to bump some physical Sweepers. Quagsire acts as my Unaware'mon (like you know, in almost every Stall..). Finally, Steelix-Mega is my Stealth Rocks setter and my answer to CM Latias while Hydreigon is my Defogger and my Crawdaunt's check. Since I'm running two Ground Types on the team, Pokemon like Zeraora or Manectric-Mega are not that hard to handle. However, since the Wisher is Blissey and not Amomola, you really need to be careful because if Blissey is weakened to much you're going to struggle because Blissey supports all the team with Wish & Heal Bell.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
whimsicott.gif
moltres.gif
blissey.gif
slowbro.gif
steelix-mega (1).gif
hydreigon (1).gif

✿Team✿

This stall was built around Whimsicott, after cool user Sage posted the set in one of the dump threads. Whimsicott annoys suicune and boosting mons in general making it a cool option to shut down set up based stallbreakers. Defensive Moltres and Block Slowbro seemed like obvious picks to form a FWG core and those two both really hate suicune. Wish Blissey and Roar Mega Steelix are strong stall picks due to their defensive prowess and I don’t think I really need to explain them. I went with Z Focus Defog Hydreigon as my main form of hazard removal, as Whimsicott being the main one just sounded awful and I didn’t want to give up U-Turn. Z Focus Blast over Draco helps with breaking past fatter steels easier, ensuring OHKO on bisharp and other darks, and most importantly hitting Klefki hard. Klefki’s spikes are annoying in general for stall and it’s compounded by the fact hydreigon is the main defogger.

Last edited:
I get told to stop building balance and gain a newfound appreciation for spikes offenses and NOW you guys decide to do all the fatmons/teams I can't believe you guys

Anyway, this is a pretty basic stall I made with the help of someone else on PS. It's got alobliss, a Mega Aggron. Hydra is pretty standard now too. Pyukumuku is something a bit unique that I personally like a lot on stall but it doesn't see a lot of usage. The most oddball move here is probably Gligar's acrobatics, which I use as an out to Heracross. Other than that the rest of the team is a pretty cut and paste stall. Its an archetype older than SM UU itself. I used this team a lot on the Bisharp suspect ladder and it did pretty well.

Last edited:

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

As some of you may notice, it's the same six mons as in pif's team, but I actually made this team short after Serperior was banned from the tier with Gligar instead of Scizor, and thought about replacing it by a Scizor after seeing pif's version. I could've participated with the Gligar version, but I believe this version to be the best and don't want to post a team that I know how to improve.

So I started with Blissey + Alomomola because it's a fantastic core that can wall by itself a huge portion of the metagame. I opted for a cleric set on Blissey without wish, because though it's always nice to have protect to scout for pursuit, I don't like running Blissey without Toxic and I believe Blissey to be the most effective Heal Bell user in the tier. I opted for a max defense set with rocky helmet on Alomomola to punish U-Turn and to weaken problematic threats like Heracross and Sharpedo, so you can't afford to stay in on Primarina or Hydreigon and Toxic but it's a stall team anyway I have a lot of defensive support in the back and I really want my Alomomola to take physical hits as much as possible.

Once I found my main defensive core I decided to add a defog core, because I think hazard control is one of the most important trait of stall and needs to be thouroughly thought. Mega-Altaria seemed really good as it's able to switch on threats like Superpower Hydreigon Crawdaunt and Infernape which are usually a big problem for stall teams as well as benefiting from Natural Cure which allows it to defog against stealth rock setters with Toxic or Scald. And here is my favorite move on this team : Haze on Altaria. With Haze, Mega-Altaria is able to deal with Suicune, Infernape, Reuniclus, Slowbro-Mega and help against Celebi and NP Lucario (if you don't mega). Next I wanted a mon that could defog against what forces Altaria out, which is why I originally chose Gligar, to defog against Cobalion, Mega Aggron, Mega Aerodactyl but I ended up changing it for Scizor which can defog against Mamoswine but can't stay versus Cobalion and Mega Aggron. I made this change because Bullet Punch is really great for revenge killing annoying threats like Terrakion or Mega Altaria that could break through Quagsire, and with its steel type it's immune to toxic without taking being crippled by Scald. I opted for Toxic over another attacking move to ease the duel against Hippowdon and Swampert and I just felt that U-Turn wasn't necessary.

I started looking at the threats to my team and automatically went for Quagsire to help dealing against the various physical setup sweepers in the UU tier. Then, looked at what felt and noticed that I had no flying resist and no stealth rock users. After thinking for a while, I thought about Nihilego, which fits perfectly the team as it provides Stealth Rock support as well as being a fantastic counter to Togekiss, Work Up Mega Pidgeot and Chandelure, which are usually really threatening to stall. It can also switch on Gengar and Hydreigon if needed.

And here it is, it's not the most original team on this thread but I really believe it to be the most solid and that's why I presented it. Regarding the threats, Magneton could be a problem but I don't really on Scizor too much to deal with certain threats, the only problem would be Haxorus + Magneton but it's pretty hard to build around that. Outside of Magneton, Nasty Plot Lucario forces Mega Altaria to stay in regular form and can win the 1v1 with good rolls, and Celebi also wins the 1v1 versus Altaria, but with Scizor and Blissey behing which can both toxic it should be okay.

I see that everyone’s packing their nichemon stalls so I’ll showcase mine:

The GhOAsT (Dusclops) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mean Look
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Toxic

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Wish

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Roar

So I remember Perish posting a Dusclops team during the Halloween week and I decided, “Hey, why don’t I try this Dusclops set in a full blown stall???” and this mon actually pulls its weight. It dismantles opposing stalls through trapping and also really enjoys all the Fighting types running around atm. Just make sure that it’s Eviolite doesn’t get Knocked Off and you’re good to go. So Blissey was added next as it obviously is mandatory for any successful stall and synergizes well with Dusclops. Next up was an interesting choice but Articuno gives me another Pressure mon and it has a good matchup vs a lot of Stealth Rock setters. It also frees up a slot on Blissey to allow it to poison shit. So next Dusclops wasn’t really going to cut it completely as a physical wall so next up was an Alomomola to accumulate Rocky Helmet chip with burns and to give my team a second Wish passer. My 5th slot went to mandatory Unaware user so obviously it would be Quagsire. Finally, I needed something to handle Flying spam so Mega Aggron gets to set up rocks and phase out anything if my Quag gets taken out. This is overall a fun little stall team that utilizes Dusclops to the best of its ability.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Heya congrats BackAtYouBro for winning w supreme meme dusclops

BackAtYouBro - 4
Smallsmallrose - 3
Scizorphobic - 2
Jaajgko / Moutemoute - 1

---------------------------------------------------

I don't think we've done this yet, at least since the recent changes to its viability.

For a long time, Mienshao was only viewed as a worse Infernape with Reckless Choice item sets. However, that all changed recently when its Assault Vest set was discovered. Now it's all the rage as some weird combination of offensive and defensive pivot, and I'm not really too sure what it does outside of check dreig and annoy things. Anyways, that's gonna be what y'all will build around this time. So do that.

Please get your submissions in by Saturday.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
also here's my submission 'cause i want to participate

Mienshao @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 248 Atk / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Toxic
- Sticky Web

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Hello, and welcome to the latest edition of bandshao webs. Star of the team's bandshao itself, which 2HKOes Amoonguss with HJK. The Defense EVs live CB Scizor BP from full. Araquanid and Mamoswine are the hazard setters & they also help check common threats to webs in Latias and Hydreigon. Araquanid is Waterium to have a better Bisharp matchup and because i hate waterium starmie. Mega Absol actually works really well as a pursuit trapper on bisharpless webs, and it fits fine enough here. Opted for SD Scizor over Bisharp because it's a much more consistent cleaner and helps the team not get 6-0d by mega altaria, Quick Attack for Moltres. 4 attacks Starmie is a strong special wallbreaker and can just kinda click buttons vs many balance teams that rely on stuff like hippo emp, takes advantage of webs to outspeed shit like bee and manec. Pretty simple hyper offense, just slap shit until it dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)