UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaRizzleMyShizzle I built the team n_n

I had a lot of fun building and playing with this team. It was pretty easy to see what it needed. First off it had a small flying weakness. I immediately though pursuit mega aero but since I can't have a mega, I chose to use my emp krook core. Krook has the pursuit for the ghost types that want to switch in on Heracross and has rocks. Empoleon is the flying resist and the Hydreigon counter. It also takes care of my hazard and hazard removal. My slot slot needed something fast, offensive, and can take hits from Mega Beedrill. I had the choice between cobalion and crobat. Crobat fit so nicely with U-turn and reliable recovery. U-turn works fantastic with CB heracross and pursuit Krook. I made it jolly full offensive. The last slot was tailwind. This works well with the slow core. I thought I wouldnt like fast aboma but it works really well! I'll be sure to keep testing this and will update if necessary. I made one minor change to your core; I gave aboma hail warning instead of soundproof. If you dont like it you can change it! It is your team.

I had 5 battles at 1500s and won them all. Here are the replays
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-272811582
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-272813940
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-272816443
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-272820484
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-272822484

Bonus Replay vs Bouff using an ungodly scarf Krookodile
upload_2015-9-20_10-50-5.png

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Roar

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Tailwind

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Here is the finished product for the Fire Blast Mega aerodactyl + Slurpuff Team requested by Serperior for Uber

Serp didn't really specify what style he wanted the core to be on, but the core itself just screamed Hyper Offense so that's the direction I took it. I love building these kinds of teams because it's extremely fun to just pound through opponents with teams like these in under 15 turns.

So the first step I took was to get a lead for rocks and preventing rocks as well. Sash lead azelf does a really nice job in doing so with its speed and good move pool to fit that lead role. I immediately went and added the main core itself, being aero + puff. I went with a 4 attacks aero variant mainly because the coverage is really nice to have and I wont be roosting too much while playing HO. After I had those two in the squad, another mon came to my mind that could really help puff out with sweeps. That mon was memento chandelure. The fire ghost typing with flash fire gives it a minor defensive niche while being able to spin block as well. All in all just a solid speedy revenge killer that can also set up puff sweeps. I saw that I was lacking some raw power so one of my favorite HO cores that I made not too long ago came to mind. That core is shaymin + mamo. Shaymin is extremely anti-meta and nobody really every prepares for it anymore due to its usage. However, this little bushel packs a hell of a punch and can wreak havoc against balance teams and open up huge holes. And finally, mamoswine...I had raw power on the special side so I threw some raw power on the physical side. Similar to shaymin, Mamo just opens up huge holes and gives balance massive headaches.

I did battle with it a bit so I got a few replays as well.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-272963105 Straightforward battle I had on ladder. Opponents team was OK, but yeah I was able to memento with chandy and puff did the rest.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-272964932 room tour battle vses a good looking team. Another battle showcasing memento chandy and puff sweeping.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-272966830 Another room tour battle I had with DrReun. This battle really showcases shaymin opening a massive hole in my opponents team. Unluckily for me I forgot to put evs on my aero so I did end up losing lol. Don't take anything away from the team though because if I did have my aero evs I had the game in the bag and that's why I'm still showing the replay.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-273008340 A ladder battle in the 1500's I just got. Puff op

Hope you guys like it!

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Taunt

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return
- Drain Punch

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Memento

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Synthesis

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Dr Ciel

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Happiness: 0
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Ok so here it goes. I noticed that while I had Focus Blast, Tangrowth still had trouble with Steel-types. I ended up going with Entei, a physical wallbreaker that could also spread burns easily. Next I added Nasty Plot Thunder Wave Slowking. This allowed Slowking to either spread paralysis on offensive teams or set up on defensive teams. Empoleon was added next for hazard control and hazard support. Mamoswine was then added as I noticed a somewhat big Electric weakness and Mamoswine is another amazing wallbreaker which benefits from paralysis support. Last, but not least, is Rotom-C. This team really hates Electric-types and bulky Waters so I added Rotom-C to deter the former and destroy the latter. As you may notice, this team lacks a Mega and oddly enough I feel one isn't needed. If you really want one though, I would suggest Mega Bee > Empoleon and put SR on Mamo, although that leaves you with no hazard control which is bad for Entei and MBee both being weak to Rocks. Other than that, have fun and lemme know whatcha think! n_v

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Dr Ciel

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Happiness: 0
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Ok so here it goes. I noticed that while I had Focus Blast, Tangrowth still had trouble with Steel-types. I ended up going with Entei, a physical wallbreaker that could also spread burns easily. Next I added Nasty Plot Thunder Wave Slowking. This allowed Slowking to either spread paralysis on offensive teams or set up on defensive teams. Empoleon was added next for hazard control and hazard support. Mamoswine was then added as I noticed a somewhat big Electric weakness and Mamoswine is another amazing wallbreaker which benefits from paralysis support. Last, but not least, is Rotom-C. This team really hates Electric-types and bulky Waters so I added Rotom-C to deter the former and destroy the latter. As you may notice, this team lacks a Mega and oddly enough I feel one isn't needed. If you really want one though, I would suggest Mega Bee > Empoleon and put SR on Mamo, although that leaves you with no hazard control which is bad for Entei and MBee both being weak to Rocks. Other than that, have fun and lemme know whatcha think! n_v
Looks really cool ! I'm very excited to try it out & will be sure to let you know how it goes !

Hello UU builder team. Was wanting to request seeing a team built around Assault Vest Goodra. I've seen teams with Choice items but not really any with Assault Vest even though I still think it's a viable set. I hope this isn't considered too niche to build around as I've had fun with AV Goodra myself. I went with the usual first three moves for STAB, as well as hitting Steel types and Fairies. I went with Thunderbolt for better coverage and hitting Empoleon who I've seen a lot on teams. I'm excited to see what you folks could come up with this team. I'd prefer it be balanced or bulky offense if that isn't too much trouble.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
So this is an offensive core I posted in the matchmaking thread which I have been unable to build a team I like with. I find it really hard to mitigate the Rocks weakness or fire spam without roost on Mence. Regardless, in theory I think it isn't terrible so I'm submitting this. Offensive team is probably the best archetype to request since the core itself is offensive and making it balance seems impossible, but hey, maybe I just can't build

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 56 HP / 144 Atk / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Mild Nature
-Blizzard
-Giga Drain
-Ice Shard
-Focus Blast

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Absol @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

This is a three-mon core I cooked up just to slap it on a ho team. Sadly, it never really got used since I shelved that particular team when I found out about mega camel. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been experienced in the CAP ladder, but i play UU rather seldom and I noticed that Hoopa dropped. I'd like to have a team revolving around Hoopa, preferably with some support to patch up speed. Whimsicott sounds like a good partner since it takes Dark-type attacks and hit Dark-types with Moonblast while also providing paralysis support, while also turning mons into setup fodder for Hoopa. I've been hearing that SubNP Hoopa was potent at breaking down defensive teams, so I'd like to have a team to use in UU.

Hoopa @ Leftovers
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

+

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- U-turn
- Moonblast

I'm not that good at building, so I'd appreciate if you guys could make a team around this set.

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

This Hex chandelure wallbreaks pretty well, against stall. I'd like if you could pair it up with a tspiker and put it on an offensive build. Thanks in advance.

hi Mega-Swampert

i ended up making two versions of this team. you ask for an offensive build without really specifying whether you wanted a fast-pace, closer to HO version or a bulky offense strategy. this team is much closer to bulky offense. it contains four mons that can function as wallbreakers (gatr, aboma, dragalge, chandelure) and three setup sweepers of different "speed" (gatr to outpace faster teams after DD, florges to beat common bulkier offense after CM, abomasnow to deal with things using a combo of priority+massive seed bomb damage). type coverage wise, the team isn't super susceptible to anything outright, though NP 3 attacks azelf can be a worry. your best bet when facing that is to outright attack right away and don't worry about switching around to take resisted hits. doublade, while having a seemingly decent matchup against a chunk of the team, is checked by repeatedly taking hits aka it will usually be a switchin to florges, abomasnow, forry, etc. so it's worn down very fast.

the general strategy of the team is to wear down walls/random mons through a combination of rock damage/hail/tspikes. for reference, anything switching on all three should take a baseline amount of 30% between them all, leaving many would-be checks unable to do their job following a single switchin. this will leave holes for gatr to run through teams even though its DD and not SD. i use superpower over ice punch because the team struggles a bit more against P2 than it does against mence. the main thing im currently unhappy about is lack of a ground immunity, as krookodiles can carry superpower, so abomasnow isn't guaranteed to win against it, but otherwise the team checks krook very well offensively as it won't enjoy taking moves from anything aside from forretress really.

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball / Substitute

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Tail / Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Crunch

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Serious Nature
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy

if you want the HO version of the team which is still pretty speculative PM me because i'm not super comfortable posting it without testing it further, but it looks fun at the moment.

Last edited:
DaSpoofy

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Waterfall

Salamence @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

Entei @ Assault Vest
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Considering that scarf Krookodile lacks the firepower that dread plate or choice band gives I paired it with a Suicide Forretress which is great to help it during the battle in order to send his check/hard check on ohko/2hko range from earthquake or knock off. Considering it learns pursuit I added lucario too, so that once chandelure is gone thanks to trapping, you would be able to deal more damage to the opposing team. Bullet punch is for hitting in a more effective way Mega Aerodactyl since it could be the only check for lucario and also lets say it, who would ever expect bpunch from lucario in a 1 vs 1 between them. The speed control in the HOs is essential so I decide to add Sharpedo because in comparison to Rain Pert it is able to hit in a more effective way and doesnt risk being walled by bulky grass like tangrowth and chesnaught thanks to the presence of poison jab. The spread allows it to outspeed Mega beedrill after +1 of Speed Boost. Mixed Salamence forms an intimidating core with krookodile which allows you to face better the balanced doublade teams with florges because you would be able to hit both in a considerable way and this allows you some free damage to the rest of your opponent's team by being able to help scarf krookodile and the other priority users. As last slot I chose AV entei because it is very useful to take care of stuff like Porygon2, heliolisk, shaymin and other pokemons able to give trouble to the others HO. AV obviously isnt a must because you can use the CB or natural gift version but with AV you could be able to fake the choice item by being capable of doing a surprise kill to stuff like Chandelure which enters onto Sacred Fire. The spread allows you to outspeed Timid nidoking and to maintain its fire power at max thanks to adamant nature. I don't insert appropriate checks for hydreigon because I wanted to force it to use Draco meteor by allowing lucario to SDance in order to clean with him.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a team around Nasty Plot Toxicroak, as it seems like a cool set that can surprise some of its typical defensive and offensive checks such as Doublade, Hydreigon, and Krookodile. The loss of Sucker Punch to hit threats such as Mega Beedrill and Crobat, but its all a tradeoff.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Dark Pulse

Feel free to change up the set however you'd like to fit the teams needs, realistically all it needs is NP and a Poison STAB, Focus Blast or HP Ice could certainly work as well.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
beppityboopbop

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Bronzong @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Azelf @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

So this team was a strange one to build as Entei is sort of counter intuitive to Hyper Offense, at least with a hazards lead. The reasoning is that 2 of the top hazard removers, Mence and Stoise, can both remove your hazards against Entei. However, I think the team has turned out okay but definitely has a couple kinks. So I started with Entei and Sharpedo. The two of them work well together since Entei capitalizes on Florges, Sharpedo's #1 counter. I went with Hydro on Sharpedo to help deal with Cobalion and to weaken Swampert for Entei. From there, Life Orb Rocks Azelf enters the fray. I noticed in previous attempts that my teams were weak to Hydrei (this one still is) so I chucked on DGleam to nail Life Orb variants. Switching to sash could work to do this turn 1 vs Scarf Hydreis. Next, I wanted a reliable answer to Aerodactyl who is universally a threat to Hyper Offensive builds. Trick Room Bronzong is a great choice here since it again can lure Hydreigon whose scarf set dies to Gyro Ball after rocks. Now its great to lure Hydreigon but I still needed something to answer it so I chose Lucario, a staple of many Hyper Offensive teams. Ice Punch is definitely an option here over Crunch I just noticed that Reuniclus is always a pain, no matter how many Dark types you have. The last member is just a catch all Revenge killer that also provides another Fire resist and a Fighting resist. I was tempted to go Chandelure here but again, not losing to Hydreigon was a priority. When paired together, the team wants to bash the other teams head in until they fold to an ESpeed sweep or to a Moxie Sweep. It is particularly weak to some of the stuff mentioned in the request like Fighting types and Salamence but with strong Priority and a couple potential tweaks you can work through it. Have fun!

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
MQJinx

Hoopa @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 144 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Stun Spore
- Encore

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

As requested, here is the Sub NP Hoopa + Stun Spore Whimsicott. The team itself is a little bit bulkier than what I normally build but I think it came out pretty well. The team started with the requested core of Sub NP Hoopa + Defensive Whimsicott. I switched up the EV Spreads a bit to optimize them to my liking. Whimsicott outspeeds Jolly Salamence and Hoopa outspeeds Espeon after a Salac boost. From watching OU adapt to Hoopa-U I noticed a trend of Hoopa fitting on a lot of bulkier teams since the rest of the members can pick up the slack versus offensive opponents whereas Hoopa can go to town versus bulkier teams. This is sort of the same principle, albeit slightly modified. The alterations I made were in a playstyle difference. Hoopa-U wallbreaks whereas Sub NP Hoopa tries more to sweep, especially with Stun Spore support. For this reason, things like Spikes are invaluable. Qwilfish enters here and takes on many of the strong fighting types in the tier while stacking spikes and handling Entei. Umbreon provides with support and a sponge for things like Nidoqueen. Cobalion provides a secondary win condition while setting up Stealth Rocks. Blastoise spins and wallbreaks with Spikes support itself. The team is fun to use can take on most threats in the tier. Stuff that is troublesome is Nasty Plot Luc and a bit of vulnerability to electric types due to a lack of an immunity. When using the team on ladder I was like 4-0 around 1550 so it's pretty solid.

PS: I don't condone the use of Stun Spore Whimsicott, that set is beyond obnoxious. ;-;

Last edited:
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Grass Knot

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail / Defog

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Superpower

I have opted to use sludge wave over bomb because of Chesnaught.

This team started off with the idea of NP Croak + pursuir Aero support, for getting rid of things that resists vacuum wave, mainly Crobat, Beedrill, Chandy. In turn Croak can also lure in Doublade/Forry and beat bulky waters that would otherwise give Aero some trouble. From there I also added Slurpuff, which can take advantage of steel types being taken out. After that I've also added somewhat of a defensive offensive core, basically with pretty much every team I build, I need fire/fighting/dragon resists, Shuca Empoleon + special Mence have pretty solid defensive synergy together whilst being able to provide a good amount of offensive pressure. Lastly, I added Mamo to stop electric types from running through the team as well as being able to fire off powerful priorities.

Like any other team, there are flaws. This team is particularly weak to ground types, such as Swampert and Nidos, they can be dealt with pretty effectively as long as you keep the Shuca on Empoleon.

Contrary to my initial thoughts, pursuit on Aero paired with Croak have proven to be rather subpar, as the likes of Crobat and Beedrill don't seem to be as common as it used to be.

Nevertheless, this team is still a fairly solid one, I've gotten to 1600 on ladder with it without much effort. Replays can be found by searching up "Heavenly Blue". I've saved a good portion of the battles I had with this team.

Lord Serperior
Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Tail

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Crobat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt/Pursuit
- Roost
- Defog

Heracross @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Facade
- Close Combat

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

So I ended up building around the tried and tested core of Roar CM Cune+ Florges. The idea is to set up a roar cune sweep by wearing down its counters using Goodra and Co. Most of cm roar Cune counters have limited longevity and this can and should be punished. Offensive rocks Mega Swampert+ SD lefties heracross adds a nice offensive backbone to the team while also dealing with Suicune counters like Toxicroak and Mega Ampharos. In general swampert is nice as it stops volturn which is painful for Suicune. Goodra provides a nice utility role for the team: It sponges grass type attacks aimed at swampert and suicune while also allowing Florges to run a Physically Defensive set without much repercussion. Crobat provides hazard removal for the squad and adds some much needed speed to the team. (Btw max speed is indeed necessary for +1 hoopa.) I have tested this team a bit on ladder and in room tours and can vouch for its solidity.
Note: I swapped tbolt for dragon tail on Goodra as phazing is more valuable than the minimal coverage tbolt has.

Replays: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-273486710
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-273503710

Last edited:

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

agility ampharos, a set that hasn't really been seen since mid XY, is something Ive tried to build around many times as of late, however i find myself always scrapping the team. Perhaps its just an unviable set, or perhaps im just trash, (tbf its probably both) but id love to see what other, better builders could do with it. I feel modest is necessary for power but timid can outspeed ada bee iirc. Hidden power ice over dragon pulse because it kills mence as well, focus blast hits drei anyway, and haxorous is pretty rare. On top of that you get to hit whims and gliagar as well. Good luck n_n

edit: it tends to barely miss out on a lot of kos so perhaps pairing with spikes forrey or rose may be helpful, idk its ur build go for it

Reactions: nv

LilOu

PO poopyhead
SD Shedinja + SD Mega Absol + SD Cobalion

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Substitute

Absol @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Entei @ Liechi Berry
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Natural Gift

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

I really hate this core, I must admit. And I hate you too, Nightingales .

I decided to take on this because all the other teams were already taken, and it seemed like no one was gonna build around this lol. My first thought was "can we even call this a core?", certainly there are 2 Dark switchins and some way to bounce off hazards so that Shed has it easier, but other than that, this just looks like 3 mons you took at random from your collection of Pokemon TCG; however, one thing I liked about it is that these mons actually share common checks/counters, so that they can kinda break through them eventually; just kinda. The first problem I noticed with the core, though, was the lack of a Fire-type switchin and some way to remove hazards since Mega Absol is not enough. Defog Special Mence was the first addition, as it doesn't mind burns too much and also checks Fighting mons that carry Knock Off coverage to hit Shedinja. After that, Chandelure absolutely looked like a threat, since it can come for free on Cob and just kill something with Specs Shadow Ball, that's the moment when Krook came to mind and, since I've been loving CB on it, I decided to give it a try. What's really cool about CB Krook is that, if well played, it can also come into Mega Aero/Crobat and get rid of them via Pursuit so that those other 2 nuisances were kinda checked. Oh, and it also traps Entei, so that's a given. Lastly, the Fairy weakness was huge, as there wasn't a single way to take Moonblasts from the likes of Whims/Florges (you can't count on Shedinja for this), so Entei was added to the team. Nevertheless, the team lacked a reliable way to beat Water types such as Swampert, thus Natural Gift was given to Entei for a neat OHKO on Pert, which otherwise is a huge issue.

Also, I took out Taunt from Cobalion and gave it Substitute to be able to setup on fat stuff like Alomomola without getting burned; seriously, fuck that fat fuck. And yeah, I'm using Banded SR Krook. Also, no, I won't take out rocks from it and give them to Cob, it needs Sub and Rocks CB Krook is godlike.

The team is pretty fun but amazingly hard to use since you have to make the correct play 11 out of 10 times. Hope you enjoy.

REPLAYS:
Shedinja bodies r0ady: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-273551216
Sub Coba bodies DaSpoofy: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-273540452

edit: ignore mega mence sprite

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk / 192 SpA / 120 Spe
Rash Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse

Mixed honchkrow seems like a fun set, I've tried to build around it before without success. Brave bird and sucker punch are mandatory on 'krow, dark pulse hits its physical checks like donphan, gligar, etc. Heat wave hits mega aggron, pdef forretress, and escavalier (if you don't want to take any recoil) and some other things I can't think of right now. Enough speed for 4 speed cress, enough special attack evs + nature to 2HKO pdef gligar after rocks damage, rest in attack to hit hard with priority sucker punch and brave bird. (you can change my EV spread if you think it's outclassed)

Have fun n_n.

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
beppityboopbop

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Bronzong @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Azelf @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

So this team was a strange one to build as Entei is sort of counter intuitive to Hyper Offense, at least with a hazards lead. The reasoning is that 2 of the top hazard removers, Mence and Stoise, can both remove your hazards against Entei. However, I think the team has turned out okay but definitely has a couple kinks. So I started with Entei and Sharpedo. The two of them work well together since Entei capitalizes on Florges, Sharpedo's #1 counter. I went with Hydro on Sharpedo to help deal with Cobalion and to weaken Swampert for Entei. From there, Life Orb Rocks Azelf enters the fray. I noticed in previous attempts that my teams were weak to Hydrei (this one still is) so I chucked on DGleam to nail Life Orb variants. Switching to sash could work to do this turn 1 vs Scarf Hydreis. Next, I wanted a reliable answer to Aerodactyl who is universally a threat to Hyper Offensive builds. Trick Room Bronzong is a great choice here since it again can lure Hydreigon whose scarf set dies to Gyro Ball after rocks. Now its great to lure Hydreigon but I still needed something to answer it so I chose Lucario, a staple of many Hyper Offensive teams. Ice Punch is definitely an option here over Crunch I just noticed that Reuniclus is always a pain, no matter how many Dark types you have. The last member is just a catch all Revenge killer that also provides another Fire resist and a Fighting resist. I was tempted to go Chandelure here but again, not losing to Hydreigon was a priority. When paired together, the team wants to bash the other teams head in until they fold to an ESpeed sweep or to a Moxie Sweep. It is particularly weak to some of the stuff mentioned in the request like Fighting types and Salamence but with strong Priority and a couple potential tweaks you can work through it. Have fun!
Wow man, this team is really cool. Thanks! OTR Bronzong is a pretty unique set, and I was really surprised by its effectiveness upon testing the team. That said, along with the weaknesses you mentioned, I noticed very quickly that this team has very little for bulky Water types. I found that the only way to break past Cune is to either Crunch it with Sharpedo over and over, or set up with Luc as it Rests, and in both cases pray I don't get burned. It's for this reason that I switched Scarf Mence for Scarf Rotom-C. Not only has it given me a fighting chance against Cune, DD Gatr, etc, but it also forms an offensive FWG when paired with Entei and Mega Sharpy, with each allowing the other to potentially sweep. It also makes my life a lot easier against Mega Aero and other birds since I can reliably revenge kill it without being pressured as much by Rocks. It does make me a lot more vulnerable to Hydreigon, which you did a really good job of avoiding with what you had, but I have found the other measures you put on the team (Gleam on Azelf and Lucario) to be enough most of the time to handle it. Thanks again for the team dude, it's really fun! n_n

EDIT: Here's a pastebin http://pastebin.com/0Jz7qdsM n___n

Last edited:

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would appreciate a hyper offense team based around fast Trick Room Hoopa.

Hoopa @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

The idea is to either use trick room to clean against speedy teams or wallbreak with three attacks coverage, modest, and enough speed for most walls. Preferably the team would be a true hyper offense that doesn't rely on a defensive backbone, since I have trouble building that sort of team. Thanks in advance ^.^

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Silverwhiteblue

Entei @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Sleep Powder

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 108 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Outrage

When I saw stoise and Entei in the main core I immediately thought of an offensive balance build that could take advantage of hazard stack. The first mon that came to mind that is also in a core I posted over on Shiba's thread was roserade. Solid semi bulky mon that can spike on a lot of passive poke's due to its toxic immunity and leech seed immunity. I was looking nice and weak to beedrill so I tossed a nidoqueen on there to come in on it. I originally had a more offensive nido variant, but changed it to a bulkier spread to sponge hits better, have some passive recovery, and get rocks up easier. It also 1v1s a lot of hazard control mons like empo, forry, gligar, and mence who will be trying to get rid of your hazards. The team was looking a bit slow and I wanted some mons to slow offense down for me so T Wave reun + Scarf mence were my men. T wave reun catches a lot of threats off guard while being a good wincon and scarf mence is such a good mon against offense because there is generally nothing offense has to take dragon STAB's all that well except slurpuff and whims.

I did well with it myself so I hope you guys like it!

made a scarf krook "offense" team, its rly more of a bulky offense / offensively oriented balance team cause most offenses that i tried to build with scarf krook were mo af, mainly because both of scarf krook's stabs (and other moves to an extent) had some drawbacks vs most teams that made it somewhat hard to really snowball with. i was working on it and then realized Decision Makers made da team before even gettin on the buildin Guild haha(feisty boy huh), i like your team though, u cud try sunny day sbeam entei or a power herb variant wit da beam to lure em perts, this is really nice in the long run for luke / krook / shark cleanups. idk personally i never really liked av entei ever since celebi left the tier =/ DaSpoofy i decided to post this anyway because this was the least "fat" build i made with krook that wasnt hot trash, so i'll post it for posterity, i guess.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Crobat @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Roar

I felt like with Scarf Krook on a squad like this, you really need some stuff to get rid of the bulky waters, fairies, etc., so I added a SR setter in Shuca Cobal that can pivot into Sceptile / Chandelure pretty easily, it also can pivot into Krook in case an opposing Chand / Hoopa switch in is obvious, The only problem with Pursuit on Scarf Krookodile is that it's kinda weak without the glasses or the band, so you can afford to run something like Crunch in case you want something for late game to steamroll with against weakened teams. The main point of Cobal though is to act as an offensive pivot that can get the wallbreakers in safely. I chose Shuca on Cobal in case I couldn't afford to predict against a weakened Nido or a Band Krook, and also helps vs Aerodactyl, since I don't have Sleep Talk on Suicune. Everything else on the set is pretty standard fare. You could try lefties or something like sr sd if you really wanted to but this kind of makes the team more defensively sound. Mega Scept + Chand as mentioned before break stuff down for Krook, as well as for each other. I was originally going to go with a Modest HP Fire variant on Sceptile, but being able to force the tie vs other jolly geckos / bees is pretty nice and to an extent alleviates some pressure from Crobat if you know they are modest / adamant. Energy Ball is an option over Giga Drain, being a bit more powerful than giga while not having Leaf Storm's drawback. Chandy went after Scept as i needed something that can pressure stuff like Florges, Reuniclus, Whimsicott, Forretress, Tangrowth, Chesnaught, etc. and the defensive typing is appreciated a bit here as u get a decent check to non Stone Edge variants of Cobalion and Mega Abomasnow provided you can get it in safely. While fighters have generally decreased in popularity over the last few months, i needed a good switch in to them, as well as a hazard cleaner since my team hates SR and especially Toxic Spikes, so i put in Crobat. You also get a voltturn core with Cobalion with this, although unlike most volt-turn cores both of them are kind of weak, so they're mainly for keeping up momentum, as you're not really going to be keeping up a constant uturn -> vswitch combo every single time lol. I added in Suicune in the last slot because i needed a status absorber + fire switch in, seeing as how Chand obviously isn't a solid one even though it does have Flash Fire. i added CM Roar to mess with opposing Cune, Reuni, Cress, etc. and is also pretty useful vs wish passers as always.

One thing you really have to be aware of with this team is offensive dragons, especially LO Hydrei / Mence. They can usually dent something every time they come in, and can come in for free on about half the team, so scouting the set and then playing accordingly is usually the way to go here. The Cune set is also somewhat customizable here, you can run Rest Roar Talk Cune, CroCune, and even some offensive sets might work here, but CM Roar is definitely my preference cus it keeps stuff like Entei honest while phazing opposing other fat sweepers.

replay of me vs Dice with the first team that I guess works

Cyndequil.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore

Crobat
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch

Offensive Mega Ampharos is something that I've always wanted to try, so this team was pretty neat to make. The team is pretty straightforward / standard though, so there's not /too/ much to explain haha. Basically, Mega Amph + Crobat + Whimsicott is a pretty solid VoltTurn core that covers most bases offensively and defensively. I never really used Focus Blast all that much, so I replaced it for Heal Bell to somewhat alleviate Scald burn issues and such, but it definitely has a lot of merit for things like Lax and Umbreon. Krookodile fits pretty well into the team as it Pursuit traps nuisances like Chandy, Hoopa, etc. but the main quirk of it that really meshes well with this team is Rocky Helmet, which isn't exactly common but some players have been using it a bit, and it's really good at wearin stuff like Forre down, which commonly tries to spin on you, which is really nice if you can get it at a point where it'll get KO'd due to RH damage and your hazards are still up. Works pretty well in conjunction with Leech Seed Whimsi as well. Whimsicott and Crobat also have pretty decent defensive synergy with Mega Amph, although they're all weak to Ice-types so keeping Cune and Champ healthy is pretty good. Everything else on the team is pretty basic, Suicune works as a wincon and a Fire Spam answer, Machamp is a decent check to special attackers and breaks annoying defensive cores like Gligar + P2. I think the biggest problem with this team is that it isn't really fast compared to other teams, but most mons that can outrun the team (like MAero, Scarf Mien, Scarf Hydrei, Bee) aren't too bad for the team to deal with. If you want me to explain anything else just ask Cyndequil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)