UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silverwhiteblue

Entei @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Sleep Powder

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 108 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Outrage

When I saw stoise and Entei in the main core I immediately thought of an offensive balance build that could take advantage of hazard stack. The first mon that came to mind that is also in a core I posted over on Shiba's thread was roserade. Solid semi bulky mon that can spike on a lot of passive poke's due to its toxic immunity and leech seed immunity. I was looking nice and weak to beedrill so I tossed a nidoqueen on there to come in on it. I originally had a more offensive nido variant, but changed it to a bulkier spread to sponge hits better, have some passive recovery, and get rocks up easier. It also 1v1s a lot of hazard control mons like empo, forry, gligar, and mence who will be trying to get rid of your hazards. The team was looking a bit slow and I wanted some mons to slow offense down for me so T Wave reun + Scarf mence were my men. T wave reun catches a lot of threats off guard while being a good wincon and scarf mence is such a good mon against offense because there is generally nothing offense has to take dragon STAB's all that well except slurpuff and whims.

I did well with it myself so I hope you guys like it!
Thanks a lot for the team iWanka ! It looks good and ready to go :)

Requesting a balance team around Tangrowth + Sloking

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Slowking @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

I feel like this core does really well in this meta with only a few mons actually being able to break it (such as mega Beedrill)

Requesting a balance team around Tangrowth + Sloking

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Slowking @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

I feel like this core does really well in this meta with only a few mons actually being able to break it (such as mega Beedrill)
lol i seriously have at least five teams I can pass you.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
A balance/bulky offense team with Skuntank as a pivot and Defogger would be cool!
Thanks in advance, I've never gotten Skuntank to work in UU myself but I'm sure it can serve as a pretty good offensive defogger/priority user. Good Luck!

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
A balance/bulky offense team with Skuntank as a pivot and Defogger would be cool!
Thanks in advance, I've never gotten Skuntank to work in UU myself but I'm sure it can serve as a pretty good offensive defogger/priority user. Good Luck!
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. (Think B- or above in the viability rankings)
Sadly Skuntank isn't even on the Viability Rankings and as such, one of these requests would be difficult if not impossible for us builders to handle. However, you can request something else if you have that in mind, but sadly asking us to make a viable team around Skuntank is like asking a wall to move on its own...it won't happen :/

Hello there...I have a request.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Swords Dance Sceptile is cool, as it takes use of a powerful boosting move and a good physical movepool. However, it has its flaws, so I would like someone to build team around it.

Please build a rain-team around this guys for me:

Tornadus @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 SpA and 4 SpD
Timid nature
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Gras Knot or U-Turn
- Taunt

and

Mega-Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability before Mega: Damp
EVs: 216 Speed, 252 Attack and 40 HP
Adamant nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

The sets are not binding if you think other sets fit the team better.

Thank you in advance!

hi PlatinumBlad3

sd mega scep is difficult to build around due to mscep's sort of weak attacking stats. dont get me wrong, it's possible, and ironbullet has a team floating around that has had success in tournaments with it, but on the whole it's a challenging mon, so the teams that best work around it may not seem terribly standard as a very general process will not facilitate mscep's productivity very much.

one thing i would like to encourage you, and all users posting in this thread to do, is explain why you want to use the particular mon/core and what challenges you've faced. while we are all more than happy to build, there are concerns that the end-user of the particular team may not really be learning much about the teambuilding and metagaming process should they just copy the pastebin into PS and start laddering. and when choosing more esoteric sets like sd mega scep, it's probably useful to understand why i've built the team the way i did when you want to use it, and see if that jives with the experiences you've had with the mon in your own attempts.

so here is the team:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Krookodile @ Tanga Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

explanation: so jolly mega sceptile is insanely weak in the first place, so it had to be made adamant. additionally, you don't really need jolly, because the only reasonable target to hit with jolly is jolly mega beedrill, which, while common, is a not very good set in the first place and you'll have to risk a speed tie which i do not like. scep has some pretty natural enemies in forretress (defensive switchin 100% of the time), abomasnow, mamoswine and maero, in addition to mbeedrill which, as you know, we have to speed tie.

so in building around taking care of sceps weaknesses i addressed these problems without trying to compromise too much on the general viability of the team. im assuming this is where you ran into a wall with mega sceptile, as it's not super obvious and the physical version can't really just run hp fire to knock back forry like the special one can. taking care of bee was a pretty big priority, as my first idea, scarf magneton couldn't really do it all that well. while magneton seems like a natural partner to phys mscep, it's actually just a bit too situational to make work and as such felt like dead weight. so a more clever way of beating bee was using pursuit tanga krookodile, which takes a u-turn and knock out bee with i think 1 spike damage prior, which is not bad at all. krook carries superpower to beat abomasnow which assumes often that it can shard or seed bomb to kill without taking much from knock or eq.

to help against mamo i chose swampert, which can check it once or twice during a match. pert also help against maero, so this was condensing roles, and gave us rock which are desperately needed to chip things away because of how weak mega scep is. roar lets us shuffle mons around and rack up damage and gives a check to setup sweepers. cobalion also functions as a ground/maero check with shuca berry, though this can be replaced with lum to help beat things like cresselia a little easier, if you sdance on the switch and again on the twave then taunt or whatever. taunt is useful because it stops things like p2 as well from recovering, which is vital if you want to wear them down long term to win with mega scep.

crobat provides useful defensive utility and a needed ground immunity and can grab momentum on switches. should beat mega bee 1v1 as well, which is a bonus. provides a fairy check which was desperately needed.

florges i went with standard wish heal bell because this actually lets sceptile switch in on cune, which otherwise it can't do because one burn and you might as well sacrifice it right then and there.

overall this team supports one another is pretty specific ways but plays a bit peculiarly. as a balance team, i enjoy it a lot. speed-wise it's a pretty obvious upward progression from pert/florg to krook/coba to bat/scep which is useful against a variety of matchups but not necessarily dominant against any either. some sets are pretty specific in their goals, which means they won't always function as catch alls, particularly krook. however i think you are given the tools with this team to play against any other well built team, and a match coming down to player skill is really the most that you could ask for.

if you have any questions regarding the teambuilding process/philosophy please ask here or via pm. i'd be glad to answer. i think a long term goal of this thread should be to understand how and why we've built the teams as we have so that, in the future, the end user can do it themselves or perhaps even help others.

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
dunsparce86 here it is man.

Azelf @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 136 HP / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Rain Dance

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Boomburst

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet / Aerial Ace / Knock Off

This team really didn't take all too long to build because rain is generally just a straight forward play style so there was no need for me really try and get to overly creative with the core. To start off we have a damp rock lead rain setter in azelf with rocks. The special wall breaking core consists of LO kingdra + specs noivern. I really liked the idea of specs noivern because flying is arguably the best STAB in UU and specs hurricanes that don't miss seemed kinda fun along with out speeding a lot of the meta. LO kingdra just smacks stuff stupidly hard and can open up a lot of holes for the rest of the team.

The Physical core consists of Mega Pert + LO kabutops. PuP on pert is nice so you can PuP on per say a reuniclus or a cresselia who are trying to check you and recover off rain turns. You can then proceed to smack them with +1 rain boosted waterfalls or PuP again for another boost. LO kabutops is just a standard SD sweeper set, but I didn't really know what to throw on for the last slot so you can either go jet for priority, aerial ace to SD on a chesnaught switch and lure it, or knock off to hit something like empoleon harder.

Rain is generally a difficult style to have success with in UU because we have a good variety of walls to check rain threats, but I wish you the best of luck if you decide to use it. Enjoy!

PocketTrigger here you are! This team I believe never lost a match in UU open.

I started to make this team because I was sick of the defensive Salamence ruining my teams. The Gligar+P2 cores were also a thing I kept in mind when I built this team. Lucario has no sd because I wanted the salamence lure. Usually when people see me use crunch, they assume I dont have the ice punch. This lures in Sally and I get that kill. Whimsicott is another lure as well. Its main job is to be a fast offensive fairy but I like killing chendelure so I have shadow ball on it. The rest of the core is something I use all the time. Here you can find specifics on what it does. Basically it covers a lot of common threats. Things to look out for when playing with this team is Galvantula and Shaymin. This two are difficult to take out with this team but very possible. I hope you like the team. It's fun to use and very good in this UU open meta.

Replays from Open:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-258931784
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogtours-uu-81910

Lykos (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Gavial (Krookodile) @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Mojamoja (Tangrowth) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Yadokari (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Bonaparte (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Roar

Typhoon (Whimsicott) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Well, hello everybody! I personally like the idea of this lab and I wanted to make a request on this lab too, a request of a hardstall team that I request to be around my newest invention: SpD NASCAR Espeon.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Morning Sun
- Baton Pass

I know that the set is very unorthodox, so I'll give some background information: One day when I was lurking in the chat, I heard Patwinking (aka Donphantastic) talking about how Xatu is much better than Espeon on stall and balance. I immidiately decided to prove him wrong since Espeon actually has much better special bulk and speed, and no weakness to the rocks it deflects. I quickly constructed a stall team with it, and while the team looked and did solid (especially Espeon performed really good), it had an unfixable weakness to mamo and entei which had nothing to do with Espeon, so I decided to dismantle that team. Since I still think that it is viable, I really want to see an all-around functioning stall team with it.

Espeon gives stall teams the invaluable support to bounce back status moves aimed at its team from other stall teams and is able to take the weak special attacks seen commonly on stall. The spread basically outspeeds max speed timid LO (Stallbreaker) Hydreigon to kill it with dazzling gleam before it is able to kill me, max HP to gain some mixed bulk, the rest is dumped into SpD. DGleam also hits Stallbreaker Mandibuzz.
0 SpA Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 316-372 (97.2 - 114.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

And NV, I know what you said about C rank mons but I showed the set to DaSpoofy first before posting it, and he said that it is very fine to post it since it isn't unviable.

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
TTFTW

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpA / 248 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Pursuit / Superpower / Dark Pulse*

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

*I know you requested Dark Pulse here, but I found it wasn't really doing anything useful for me - Heat Wave hit most of what I wanted it to hit. I've been playing with Pursuit there, as teams like this love Pursuit support, but Superpower is another nice option to smack Empoleon.

When I first played with the Honchkrow set, I've got to admit I was underwhelmed. While investing that much into its Special Attack was a cool way to do nice damage to some of its counters, it lost the wallbreaking potential that its crazy-strong Brave Birds have. Once I fiddled with the EVs to max out Attack it was more useful, but then it wasn't really taking advantage of being mixed.

So, after making and discarding a few teams, I landed on hazard offense with Slurpuff. Here mixed Honchkrow serves a dual purpose - it wallbreaks in general to break down bulky Waters and the like, and it surprises some of Slurpuff's counters like Forretress and Doublade with Heat Wave. It also can suicide itself fairly easily thanks to all of the recoil it takes, which is actually a neat way to block Defog.

Building around that, I went with Slurpuff and a hazard core of Froslass and Swampert. Swampert's running a slightly different spread than normal, with a fair bit of Speed to outspeed standard Empoleon and hit it with Earthquake before it can Defog on you. Aerodactyl serves to help keep hazards up with a fast Taunt, plus the ability to hit most common Spinners and Defoggers with EdgeQuake. Earthquake also gives you another nice way to hit Doublade, Slurpuff's number one enemy.

To finish things off I added Life Orb HW Shaymin. Shaymin serves as another wallbreaker, one who can handle problematic 'mons such as Suicune or Taunt Hydreigon, and its Healing Wish is great for blocking Spin/Defog (notice a theme here?) while also giving Aero or Honch a second chance.

From testing the team, I've been pretty happy with it - Honch fits in surprisingly well with the playstyle. Here are a few replays (sorry for the quality of some of these - they're random ladder replays):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-273945982 - Aerodactyl taking on hazard lead Azelf to bring forward an easy Honchkrow sweep.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-273948227 - Hazards down, Honchkrow sweeps.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-274010680 - Mixed Krow really shows off here, with its surprise Heat Wave catching an unsuspecting Forry that thinks it's safe to spin.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
TTFTW

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpA / 248 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Pursuit / Superpower / Dark Pulse*

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

*I know you requested Dark Pulse here, but I found it wasn't really doing anything useful for me - Heat Wave hit most of what I wanted it to hit. I've been playing with Pursuit there, as teams like this love Pursuit support, but Superpower is another nice option to smack Empoleon.

When I first played with the Honchkrow set, I've got to admit I was underwhelmed. While investing that much into its Special Attack was a cool way to do nice damage to some of its counters, it lost the wallbreaking potential that its crazy-strong Brave Birds have. Once I fiddled with the EVs to max out Attack it was more useful, but then it wasn't really taking advantage of being mixed.

So, after making and discarding a few teams, I landed on hazard offense with Slurpuff. Here mixed Honchkrow serves a dual purpose - it wallbreaks in general to break down bulky Waters and the like, and it surprises some of Slurpuff's counters like Forretress and Doublade with Heat Wave. It also can suicide itself fairly easily thanks to all of the recoil it takes, which is actually a neat way to block Defog.

Building around that, I went with Slurpuff and a hazard core of Froslass and Swampert. Swampert's running a slightly different spread than normal, with a fair bit of Speed to outspeed standard Empoleon and hit it with Earthquake before it can Defog on you. Aerodactyl serves to help keep hazards up with a fast Taunt, plus the ability to hit most common Spinners and Defoggers with EdgeQuake. Earthquake also gives you another nice way to hit Doublade, Slurpuff's number one enemy.

To finish things off I added Life Orb HW Shaymin. Shaymin serves as another wallbreaker, one who can handle problematic 'mons such as Suicune or Taunt Hydreigon, and its Healing Wish is great for blocking Defog (notice a theme here?) while also giving Aero or Honch a second chance.

From testing the team, I've been pretty happy with it - Honch fits in surprisingly well with the playstyle. Here are a few replays (sorry for the quality of some of these - they're random ladder replays):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-273945982 - Aerodactyl taking on hazard lead Azelf to bring forward an easy Honchkrow sweep.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-273948227 - Hazards down, Honchkrow sweeps.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-274010680 - Mixed Krow really shows off here, with its surprise Heat Wave catching an unsuspecting Forry that thinks it's safe to spin.

Enjoy!
Thanks man! I'll definitely give it a try because it looks really fun to use, spikes stack offense is one of my favourite playstyle in a lot of tiers.

I'm thinking about Scarf PorygonZ + Nastyplot + Trick but i never find the good partners, have you guys some ideas?

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'm thinking about Scarf PorygonZ + Nastyplot + Trick but i never find the good partners, have you guys some ideas?
Is this a request? Because if not, may I direct you to the SQSA thread here as I feel you will get more of a response there. The Lab is strictly for mons you are having trouble building with; however, if you are just looking for ideas for partners, the SQSA thread may serve you better.

Last edited:
One of my favorite Pokemon of the last few months is SubCM Meloetta. But I've been having trouble building around it. I'd prefer a more offensive team but I understand that SubCM Melo (as opposed to Offensive CM or Relic Song) may fit more balanced or outright defensive teams.

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

I've noticed that the only two things that can really hard-stop it once it has a few boosts are opposing Psychic CM users (mostly because they [Cress and Reuniclus] out-Psyshock me) and Doublade, who simply doesn't care about my moveset, regardless of how many boosts I have. So I've been meaning to run a team with Mega Beedrill and Krook with Meloetta, but haven't dedicated the time to teambuilding that I'd need to. Feel free to use these two (they would help fill my request of a more offensive team), but if they don't work, then they don't work. Well, and Encore Whimsicott, but it has to switch in very early/on a boost, otherwise it's simply 2HKO'd or worse by both my moves.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock / Iron Tail

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Could you guys make a team around offensive CM Florges! Having a lot of trouble making a wall work as a set-up sweeper.

Hey people!
Requesting an Offense team based on the core of banded Darm, Specs Rotom-C and LO Sharpedo. The sets are as below:

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Protect

Guys, I would really love some proper hazard set up and removal. The mega is of your choice. Cheers and thanks in advance!

Edit: Feel that this putting a lot of restrictions on the builders so ignore Darmanitan and the playstyle can be of your wish.

Last edited:
Hello! Could someone build for me a tailwind offense with Hoopa please?

Set:

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Espeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock/ Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Roar

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Defog

Florges @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Worry Seed
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
- Moonblast

So I built the core around a standard steel+dragon+fairy core with Steelix-Mega being my ever important volturn stopper. Suicune serves as a check all for most of the tier and also has good synergy for the rest of the team. Florges is running an interesting moveset with worry seed. This allows it to beat last mon Suicune, Snorlax, and Reuncilus as you can toxic it with another mon. Umbreon is also running some heat with sucker punch just for our beloved friend Hoopa. Espeon plays a nice role for the team with its bulky cm set. It acts as a wincon against other stall with a huge boon in magic guard. This lets it be a potent sweeper against weaker teams while also blocking hazards against weaker rockers and causing mindgames. Salamence is running a speed creep for nascar Lucario and it also covers a myriad of threats including Sd gatr.

Replay:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-274426828

Last edited:

Espeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock/ Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Roar

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Defog

Florges @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Worry Seed
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
- Moonblast

So I built the core around a standard steel+dragon+fairy core with Steelix-Mega being my ever important volturn stopper. Suicune serves as a check all for most of the tier and also has good synergy for the rest of the team. Florges is running an interesting moveset with worry seed. This allows it to beat last mon Suicune, Snorlax, and Reuncilus as you can toxic it with another mon. Umbreon is also running some heat with sucker punch just for our beloved friend Hoopa. Espeon plays a nice role for the team with its bulky cm set. It acts as a wincon against other stall with a huge boon in magic guard. This lets it be a potent sweeper against weaker teams while also blocking hazards against weaker rockers and causing mindgames. Salamence is running a speed creep for nascar Lucario and it also covers a myriad of threats including Sd gatr.
Wow, thank you so much Serp, this is like a dream team to me. You even included Umbreon which I intended to request alongside Espeon but gave up on the idea later to not to restrict u builder guys too much.

And you know what? I was going to request a team with Mega Steelix in it next week. Did you read my mind or something? Thanks so much again, Serperior for Uber

Last edited:
Been trying for a while to make a decent team around Mega Camerupt and Tangrowth, and i can't quite get it to work. Bulky offense, Balance or even semi-stall would be preferable. These were the sets i used in previous teams. Cheers
Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder
- Focus Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)