Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Previously hosted by: Amaroq Accelgor
Approved by: Ark
Art: Placeholder by Accelgor

UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Hello, everyone. Throughout our time in UU, we have noticed that many newer players struggle to build effective teams. In an effort to rectify that, we have joined forces with several experienced UU players to host the UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab. Here, users can post Pokemon sets or cores that they would like the Lab staff to build a team around. The Lab staff may then reply with their team and the team building process they used so that the client can see our thought processes, and, as a result, better develop their ability to build their own teams in the future.

Also, in an effort to improve all of us and get some quality discussion for the thread, we're going to propose that you guys take the builds we create, play around 5 games on the ladder with them at a decent rank, and then link all replays and talk about how to expand your teambuilding from there.

Rules:
  • Have a one-paragraph description (3-4 lines should suffice) with the set or core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.
  • Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people about what is good in the meta and how to build effective teams. Furthermore, all requests must make sure that the Pokemon being requested are at least B- rank (or above) in the Viability Rankings. If you're requesting a core, make sure that you provide good reasoning as to why that core is worth building around in the current metagame. Even if only one Pokemon is to be built around, it must be viable enough in the current metagame to warrant receiving the time and effort of our staff. We reserve the right to decline any request that we do not feel meets the Lab's quality standards.
  • Each user is allowed one request per week. If any user is found requesting multiple teams within that timeframe, the offending posts will be deleted and the user may see further punishment.
  • Please remember that these teams are first drafts and, as such, will not be perfect. Edit them as you please. That being said, builders must be willing to take constructive criticism regarding their teams and those who point out the flaws of a builder's team should contribute to the team's improvement in a constructive manner so that the builders and the clients can grow as players.
  • Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or for being unable to build around something themselves.
  • On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post the changes or critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
  • However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.

If you wish to become a member of the Lab staff, please send the hosts a forum PM containing an application that follows the format below. Bear in mind that demand for builders will fluctuate based on the volume of requests and the activity level of the Lab's current staff.

1. Be knowledgeable regarding the UU tier and the current metagame
2. Provide evidence demonstrating your skills as a builder (RMT Team Showcase, examples of successful teams, etc.)
3. ~A paragraph in length describing how you build / what playstyle you are best at building (offense, stall, or balance, to be precise)
You must clearly demonstrate to the hosts that you deserve consideration as a builder. If you do not provide enough useful information to successfully enable us to judge your suitability for the position, your application will be declined.

Hosts
Eyan
Amane Misa

Current Builders
esche
vivalospride
Kreme
TSR
sparrow
Sage
Juuno
Moutemoute
Pak

Smallsmallrose | Snorlax + Chandelure (ORAS) | Pak
Sneer | OTR Cofagrigus + Double Dance Cobalion | Sage
ayedan | Calm Mind + Refresh Latias | Juuno
B R A I N L I C K E R | OTR Reuniclus
Heika | Swords Dance Lucario
Rawbi | Nasty Plot Salazzle

Announcements

• The Lab is currently NOT accepting builder applications.
  • The Lab currently accepts requests for teams in the following commonly-played UU metagames (SM, ORAS).
  • The Lab does not accept requests including Pokemon currently undergoing suspect testing.

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Teambuilding Lab Team Archive

Choice Band Darmanitan
Builder: vivalospride
Client: lalalama

Substitute + Calm Mind Chandelure
Builder: Amane Misa
Client: Felixx

Crawdaunt + Haxorus
Client: xShazzy

Aurora Veil
Client: imsappy

Dragonium Z Hydreigon + Nasty Plot Togekiss
Client: Smallsmallrose

Mega Sharpedo + Z-Belch Hydreigon
Builder: Moutemoute
Client: Solunar

Swords Dance Mega Sceptile
Client: Felixx

Choice Band Infernape
Builder: D2P2 HD
Client: TheAuraUser

Kommo-o + Mega Slowbro
Builder: Sage of the 6
Client: Sneer

Swords Dance Haxorus + Choice Scarf Latias
Client: Thanks Brock Obama

Yanmega
Builder: Sage
Client: Sivanandi

Primarina
Builder: Juuno
Client: HarrisIsAwesome

Swords Dance + Normalium Z Bewear
Client: bmacbnasty

Rotom-Mow + Moltres
Builder: Juuno

Togekiss + Kyurem
Client: Sneer

Groundium Z Celebi + Choice Specs Gengar
Client: Simonquinlank

Fightinium Z Scizor + Mega Pidgeot
Client: patoche

Swords Dance Terrakion + Choice Scarf Chandelure
Client: Drakothonic

Sylveon + Gliscor + Assault Vest Alolan Muk
Builder: Accelgor
Client: Luckyboy123

PapaLax
Client: bmacbnasty

Calm Mind Cobalion
Client: D2P2 HD

Recycle Snorlax + Nasty Plot Celebi
Builder: D2P2 HD

Balance
Client: Decision Makers

Mega Aerodactyl
Client: Funbot28

Nasty Plot Celebi
Builder: Pak
Tier: ORAS UU

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Outdated Teams

Mega Sharpedo + Infernape Spikestack
Client: Sensicane

Nasty Plot Infernape
Client: Counting Sheep

Nidoking

Nasty Plot Azelf + Double Dance Cobalion
Client: Bortotle

Stealth Rock Necrozma
Client: Rawbi

Life Orb Starmie
Client: 6pool into 4gate (Lauris)

Gliscor + Volcanion
Client: Guiguip

Dragon Dance Haxorus + Life Orb Starmie

Flame Orb Heracross
Client: mellowyellowhd

Nihilego + Magneton
Builders: Amane Misa and martha
Client: imsappy

Swords Dance Breloom + Alolan Muk
Client: Beethoven's C*nt

Porygon2
Client: RyanKoopa

Choice Specs Moltres
Builders: vivalospride and martha

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Encore
- Stealth Rock

Sandslash-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Aurora Veil

Linoone @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 148 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Stomping Tantrum
- Seed Bomb

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Latias @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

I started with Aurorus + Alolan Sandslash, which is pretty self-explanatory. I added Linoone because it is an underrated sweeper that can sweep a lot of teams with the correct support. I added Rhyperior, which is a cool Pokemon I have been trying on Veil teams lately. Mega Manectric and Flying-types, which are very annoying for Hyper Offense, are checked by it, and it also provides a pretty unique wincon with Double Dance and Weakness Policy. Next, I added Mega Houndoom, because I wanted something that could check Scizor and something that could break physical walls for my two physical sweepers. Lastly, I added Latias. Z-Thunder Latias is very threatening right now, and it provides me with a very important Fighting- and Ground-immune. Overall, while the team literally has five Fighting-type weak Pokemon, the team members complement each other really well, offensively, and I had tons of fun using it.

I hope you will enjoy using the team as much as I did, imsappy.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
It tears me up a bit seeing Amoongus in outdated
I am requesting for a team built around BD Kommo-o and CM Mega-Slowbro. I think they both can benefit from the moving of amoongus, since Kommo-o can Drain Punch more often and Slowbro isn't at risk of being clear smog'd. Feel free to change the sets, of course. I'd prefer Bulky Offense or Balance, thank you!

1523542397722.png
1523542439512.png

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Shadow Claw
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Last edited:
Hello, I’d like to request an Infernape Team. I’m aware that I have a team in the current queue already but I would like to change the set a little.
Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Naughty Nature
-Thunder Punch
-Flare Blitz
-Mach Punch
-U-Turn

I would like to request a team involving Necrozma.

@ Metronome / Iapapa Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Power Gem / Signal Beam

The prism poke is something of an odd duck to me. I can see the value in a powerful, easily-spammed move in Photon Geyser to deter common Rapid Spinners and Defoggers. It gets coverage for Steel types, Dark types, and opposing Psychic types. Prism Armor and 97/101/89 make it sufficiently bulky to set up Rocks. Yet Necrozma has a multitude of setbacks that prevent it from doing its job, making it difficult to put on a team. That's where I would like you to come in, builders.

An offensive team is preferred, though balance works as well. Of course, you can tweak the set. Thanks!

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Strength Sap
- Sleep Powder

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 48 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Facade

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog

Started with Porygon2. From experience, I know that most of my Porygon2 builds struggle against wallbreakers, such as Breloom and Azumarill, hence I added Vileplume, which is capable of checking both pretty decently. I added Gliscor because it provides me with a pivot and a wincon, so my team isn't entirely passive. It also makes it so Electric-types can't freely Volt Switch around. I noticed the annoying weakness to Dragon-types, so I added Empoleon. It also provides me with some more defensive backbone and Stealth Rock. As I mentioned earlier, I did not want the team to be entirely passive, so I added Moltres. Moltres is capable of checking Scizor to an extent and just has good wallbreaking capabilities. Lastly, I added Ice Beam Mega Altaria with Defog because it helps the hazard control on the team and provides the team with another way of dealing with an opposing Gliscor.

Have fun, RyanKoopa!

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Taunt

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 HP / 88 Def / 160 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

I started with the given core. I decided to add Swampert because it provides the core with Stealth Rock support and really helps its matchup against VoltTurn. Next, I added Klefki, because the majority of Togekiss' answers are grounded, which means Spikes will help it a ton. It also provides the team with Thunder Wave support, to slow down faster annoying Pokemon, and just helps check certain set-up sweepers, in general. I added Mega Aerodactyl because I felt like not only the Speed control is pretty poor for an offensive team, I also thought that a Rock-type and a Pursuit trapper could fit in perfectly, given the bad matchup against Flying-types and Latias. Lastly, I added Starmie, because not only it further helps me check Scizor, it is a dangerous wallbreaker and a pretty reliable Rapid Spin user for offensive teams.

Smallsmallrose, have fun with the team!

I'd like to request a team using this Hydreigon set I found in the creative sets thread

hydra.png

Hydreigon @ Poisonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Belch
- U-turn/Roost/Defog

pedo.png

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Protect

This Hydreigon is designed to lure fairy types like Azumarill and Sylveon which Sharpedo struggles with, whilst bluffing a choice scarf which is the most commonly used set. I've played around with it for a couple of days and it's worked insanely well due to how unexpected it is. Belch becomes a Base-190 Acid Downpour which easily OHKOs most fairy types, giving sharpedo a much clearer path to set up and sweep late game. I'd prefer a Bulky Offense playstyle using this core but Balance or Heavy Offense is fine too.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 76 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Sludge Wave

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

I changed the movesets a bit because I personally think that Assault Vest on Volcanion makes it so Volcanion loses a lot of potential. Volcanion is a hit-and-run wallbreaker, anyway. Most of the moves of the initial core are pretty self explanatory; U-turn on Gliscor allows me to bring in Volcanion safely. I added Nasty Plot Togekiss because Volcanion lures in Dragon-types and severely weakens them for a Celebi sweep. Furthermore, Celebi can set up on Ground-types that annoy Volcanion. The team was ridiculously weak to Dragon-types, such as Latias, and had no Ghost- or Dark-resist. I added Alolan Muk because it patches up those weaknesses. Next, I wanted an offensive Steel-type to check Mega Altaria and Mega Aerodactyl, Scizor was the perfect choice. Lastly, I needed a hazard control and a Fairy-type. Togekiss fills up those roles pretty well, so I added it.

Guiguip, have fun!

Last edited:

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
There you go Solunar !

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Hydreigon @ Poisonium Z
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Belch

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 16 Def / 220 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 20 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

I changed Jolly nature on Sharpedo-Mega because it lacks of power without Adamant nature. Hydreigon Z-Belch is pretty useful for the team and can lure some Pokemon like Azumarill or Sylveon which helps Sharpedo in the end game. Rhyperior is a really good Pokemon atm, being able to check both Manectric-Mega, Pidgeot-Mega and Moltres is definitively a good point for this Pokemon. I opted for Toxic over Stone Edge because chip damage is pretty useful for Sharpedo-Mega. Then we have Tentacruel because the Team was way too weak to Azumarill / Breloom. Timid 16 Speed allows Tentacruel to outspeed Jolly Breloom. 20 EV in SpA provides an OHKO on Breloom with Sludge Wave and a really good chance to 2HKO Sap Sipper Azu (95.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). Rhyperior and Tentacruel love Sylveon's support with Heal Bell and Wish. Sylveon also helps the team to deal with Dragon. Finnaly, Latias Scarf brings some Speed and can Revenge Kill some threats like Haxorus after a DD or Serperior. Trick helps vs Fat team or Stall while Healing Wish allows Latias to support its mates.

Felixx

I'm back.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

I'd like a bulky offense team built around SD M-Sceptile, which has benifitted from Amoonguss moving to OU. This particular set allows it to lure checks like Togekiss, and A-Muk, and be able to dismantle some Stall Teams with the correct support, like Magneton for example, which gets rid of Scizor since this set dosen't have HP Fire.

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

I'd like a bulky offense team built around SD M-Sceptile, which has benifitted from Amoonguss moving to OU. This particular set allows it to lure checks like Togekiss, and A-Muk, and be able to dismantle some Stall Teams with the correct support, like Magneton for example, which gets rid of Scizor since this set dosen't have HP Fire.

Nihilego @ Expert Belt
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Agility

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 20 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
So this team was centered around Mega Sceptile + Nihilego. Nihilego was something that came to mind almost immediately since I tend to have a huge bias towards this mon, and it's just amazing with Mega Sceptile because of it's ability to check common Mega Sceptile checks in Togekiss, Moltres, etc. I went with E-Belt on my Nihi because it's a rocks set and the Gliscor matchup heavily relies on catching it with HP Ice on Nihi. So SD Scept + Nihi clearly get's worked by Scizor... so Moltres seemed like a good idea as a Scizor check, ground immunity, and z move user that the team needs. So looking at what we have, the most common threat to both Mega Sceptile and Moltres is Mega Aerodactyl, I need speed control that can at least outspeed Maero, and preferably something that can switch into it once or twice. Krookodile came to mind pretty quickly because it can reliably do both of these things, and on top of this it gives the team pursuit support which is really helpful for SD Scept and the Mega Manectric matchup. Tentacruel comes in as the primary Azu switch in and much needed hazard removal on a team with Moltres as the main Scizor answer. Tentacruel also serves as a secondary Scizor answer and Breloom answer with 20 SpA to OHKO Breloom w/ Sludge Wave, and also improves the stall matchup greatly with T-Spikes support. Sylveon comes in as a cleric and much much needed Fairy type and dragon answer on a team with no Steel type, because of this, I went with a slightly bulkier (in SpDef) spread on Sylveon to tank Psychics from Lati and other attacks better. One thing this team struggles with breaking a lot of the time in my experience with it is Swampert, since Scept can't afford to get burned by Scald on the switch in and Tenta can't spin on Pert w/o getting 2HKOd by EQ.

I hope you have fun with the team my friend, I've really enjoyed using it so far :D, lmk if your having troubles. You can find me on PS or Smogon: vivalospride

Felixx

I'm back.

Nihilego @ Expert Belt
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Agility

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 20 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
So this team was centered around Mega Sceptile + Nihilego. Nihilego was something that came to mind almost immediately since I tend to have a huge bias towards this mon, and it's just amazing with Mega Sceptile because of it's ability to check common Mega Sceptile checks in Togekiss, Moltres, etc. I went with E-Belt on my Nihi because it's a rocks set and the Gliscor matchup heavily relies on catching it with HP Ice on Nihi. So SD Scept + Nihi clearly get's worked by Scizor... so Moltres seemed like a good idea as a Scizor check, ground immunity, and z move user that the team needs. So looking at what we have, the most common threat to both Mega Sceptile and Moltres is Mega Aerodactyl, I need speed control that can at least outspeed Maero, and preferably something that can switch into it once or twice. Krookodile came to mind pretty quickly because it can reliably do both of these things, and on top of this it gives the team pursuit support which is really helpful for SD Scept and the Mega Manectric matchup. Tentacruel comes in as the primary Azu switch in and much needed hazard removal on a team with Moltres as the main Scizor answer. Tentacruel also serves as a secondary Scizor answer and Breloom answer with 20 SpA to OHKO Breloom w/ Sludge Wave, and also improves the stall matchup greatly with T-Spikes support. Sylveon comes in as a cleric and much much needed Fairy type and dragon answer on a team with no Steel type, because of this, I went with a slightly bulkier (in SpDef) spread on Sylveon to tank Psychics from Lati and other attacks better. One thing this team struggles with breaking a lot of the time in my experience with it is Swampert, since Scept can't afford to get burned by Scald on the switch in and Tenta can't spin on Pert w/o getting 2HKOd by EQ.

I hope you have fun with the team my friend, I've really enjoyed using it so far :D, lmk if your having troubles. You can find me on PS or Smogon: vivalospride
Looks great! The team honestly looks pretty amazing on paper so I hope it performs well in practice, thanks!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Stall:

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe (Not sure if this is the most optimal spread but is a sample)
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit / Toxic / Taunt

Requesting a stall team built around bulky Mega Aero. Have been trying to create one myself but always get stuck covering the most amount of threats as possible since I am unable to use other useful megas for stall like Aggron and Steelix. I like Mega Aero especially atm for defensive teams as it provides some nice speed control and also acts as a emergency check to a bunch of offensive threats thanks to it's power + speed. I definitely feel that it should be paired with another form of entry hazard removal though since solely relying on it can be hard at times.

There you go Solunar !

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Hydreigon @ Poisonium Z
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Belch

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 16 Def / 220 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 20 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

I changed Jolly nature on Sharpedo-Mega because it lacks of power without Adamant nature. Hydreigon Z-Belch is pretty useful for the team and can lure some Pokemon like Azumarill or Sylveon which helps Sharpedo in the end game. Rhyperior is a really good Pokemon atm, being able to check both Manectric-Mega, Pidgeot-Mega and Moltres is definitively a good point for this Pokemon. I opted for Toxic over Stone Edge because chip damage is pretty useful for Sharpedo-Mega. Then we have Tentacruel because the Team was way too weak to Azumarill / Breloom. Timid 16 Speed allows Tentacruel to outspeed Jolly Breloom. 20 EV in SpA provides an OHKO on Breloom with Sludge Wave and a really good chance to 2HKO Sap Sipper Azu (95.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). Rhyperior and Tentacruel love Sylveon's support with Heal Bell and Wish. Sylveon also helps the team to deal with Dragon. Finnaly, Latias Scarf brings some Speed and can Revenge Kill some threats like Haxorus after a DD or Serperior. Trick helps vs Fat team or Stall while Healing Wish allows Latias to support its mates.
Thanks man, the team looks sick! Will definitely go and practice with it

Snorlax.png
Celebi.png

Big papa (Snorlax) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

The sets can be modified if it fits your plans for the core better, But I've been wanting to build around these two. Celebi is a really solid mon in general that checks a lot of things threatening Lax like Brelooms and other fightings, also Azu. While Lax can also check some things that threaten Celebi like Gengar and Chandelure. Lax also has a good matchup against more offensive teams where as Celebi is a solid breaker of fat balance and certain stalls. I think these two could be a good duo if used right but I've really struggled to build around them myself. A bulky offense or Balance with these two would do just fine for me.

Jade

why are girls?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello, I’d like to request an Infernape Team. I’m aware that I have a team in the current queue already but I would like to change the set a little.
Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Naughty Nature
-Thunder Punch
-Flare Blitz
-Mach Punch
-U-Turn
infernape.gif
rotom-mow.gif
scizor.gif
swampert.gif
latias (1).gif
nihilego.gif

So I modified the set you gave me a bit, opting for Jolly > Naughty and Close Combat > Thunder Punch (Relying on Mach Punch for your only Fighting STAB is kinda bad, and Flyings besides Moltres dont like taking Flare Blitz). Anywho, Rotom-C is here for Defog support, a secondary Scizor check, and pairs nicely with Infernape. Scizor is here as a pivot to support Rotom-C and Infernape and also provide Pursuit support for the pesky Dragon types. Swampert completes my core with a Water type, a Ground type, a rocker, and a phazer for set up sweepers. Latias provides speed control and a secondary Ground immunity. Protect Nihilego is an interesting set (s/o to Eyan for recommending!) that can scout things like Choice Band Azumarill, Choice Band Scizor, Krookodile Pursuit, etc. The rest of the set is rather self explanatory.

I had a lot of fun using this team, hope you enjoy!

Attachments

First post on Smogon! WHEE!

So I was getting wrecked by a mega sharpedo the other day, and I was very sad because I had no priority and the sharpedo had +3 in speed. And then I thought about how good speed boost was and decided that I would build around a speed boost mon. I didn't want to do sharpedo, so I went with yanmega. It can be a really good late game cleaner if its checks are eliminated, and can run life orb effectively. I was having trouble building a team that effectively eliminated its checks, though, so I have turned to the trusty lab for help!

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Detect
- Giga Drain

Thanks in advance to the builder! (bonus points if you can somehow fit in an armaldo or a porygon2, my favorites)

Last edited:

The Squad
So I modified the set you gave me a bit, opting for Jolly > Naughty and Close Combat > Thunder Punch (Relying on Mach Punch for your only Fighting STAB is kinda bad, and Flyings besides Moltres dont like taking Flare Blitz). Anywho, Rotom-C is here for Defog support, a secondary Scizor check, and pairs nicely with Infernape. Scizor is here as a pivot to support Rotom-C and Infernape and also provide Pursuit support for the pesky Dragon types. Swampert completes my core with a Water type, a Ground type, a rocker, and a phazer for set up sweepers. Latias provides speed control and a secondary Ground immunity. Protect Nihilego is an interesting set (s/o to Eyan for recommending!) that can scout things like Choice Band Azumarill, Choice Band Scizor, Krookodile Pursuit, etc. The rest of the set is rather self explanatory.

I had a lot of fun using this team, hope you enjoy!
Thanks for the team! I already won several matches with this. Nice!

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It tears me up a bit seeing Amoongus in outdated
I am requesting for a team built around BD Kommo-o and CM Mega-Slowbro. I think they both can benefit from the moving of amoongus, since Kommo-o can Drain Punch more often and Slowbro isn't at risk of being clear smog'd. Feel free to change the sets, of course. I'd prefer Bulky Offense or Balance, thank you!

View attachment 110618View attachment 110619

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Shadow Claw
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
Hey Sneer just finished up your team! I changed the sets around a little bit but I really like the Bulky Offense I came out with, hope you do too! Here's the team:

kommoo.gif
slowbro-mega.gif
togekiss.gif
krookodile (1).gif
rotom-h.gif
crobat.gif

Kommo-o @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 160 HP / 160 Atk / 4 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Super Fang
- Brave Bird
- Roost

I tried to make use of the Belly Drum and Calm Mind sets you wanted, but found it hard to adequately compress all the other roles a team requires. I think you will still be happy with how the team uses those two in particular though! Kommo-o has been given a 3 Attacks Stealth Rock set, which also has the capability of luring Fairies trying to get a free switch in with Acid Downpour. This can ohko Azumarill and Primarina, along with bulkier Fairies like offensive Malt and Togekiss with Stealth Rocks. Ice Punch threatens Gliscor trying to defog and Close Combat is your strongest STAB move. You outspeed base 80s such as the aforementioned Togekiss, max Attack, and rest in HP. Mega Slowbro opts for the 3 Attacks + Slack Off set as a bulky pivot for the team that can outlast the competition with Regenerator, Mega evolving when it needs to check strong physical attackers. Fire Blast and Ice Beam can catch traditional switchins like Scizor, Serperior, Hydreigon, and Latias off guard, and I find them generally more useful than a Psychic STAB move. You outspeed Doublade so you can catch it with Fire Blast, with the rest invested in your physical bulk. Next up Togekiss provides you a stallbreaker, a Ground / Dragon immunity, and a Cleric for the team, especially Slowbro. Krookodile brings an Electric Immunity, trapping, and speed control to the table, opting for Fire Fang in its last slot as another way to catch Scizor off guard. Rotom-H provides a crucial Flying resistance, hazard removal, and can spread burns and pivot with Volt Switch. Finally, Crobat eases your matchup against threats like Serperior, and also has a very nice matchup with Stall using this Taunt Super Fang bulky set. You have a guaranteed ohko on Serperior, are faster than Mega Pidgeot, with the rest invested in your bulk.

One really important tip to keep in mind using the team is to make sure Kommo-o stays relatively healthy until Azumarill has been lured or otherwise taken down. If it gets too chipped a Belly Drum Azu could potentially sweep the remainder of your party members.

I hope you enjoy the team!

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey Sneer just finished up your team! I changed the sets around a little bit but I really like the Bulky Offense I came out with, hope you do too! Here's the team:

View attachment 111686View attachment 111689View attachment 111691View attachment 111690View attachment 111687View attachment 111692

Kommo-o @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Overcoat
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Crobat @ Black Sludge
EVs: 168 HP / 160 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Super Fang
- Brave Bird
- Roost

I tried to make use of the Belly Drum and Calm Mind sets you wanted, but found it hard to adequately compress all the other roles a team requires. I think you will still be happy with how the team uses those two in particular though! Kommo-o has been given a 3 Attacks Stealth Rock set, which also has the capability of luring Fairies trying to get a free switch in with Acid Downpour. This can ohko Azumarill and Primarina, along with bulkier Fairies like offensive Malt and Togekiss with Stealth Rocks. Ice Punch threatens Gliscor trying to defog and Close Combat is your strongest STAB move. You outspeed base 80s such as the aforementioned Togekiss, max Attack, and rest in HP. Mega Slowbro opts for the 3 Attacks + Slack Off set as a bulky pivot for the team that can outlast the competition with Regenerator, Mega evolving when it needs to check strong physical attackers. Fire Blast and Ice Beam can catch traditional switchins like Scizor, Serperior, Hydreigon, and Latias off guard, and I find them generally more useful than a Psychic STAB move. You outspeed Doublade so you can catch it with Fire Blast, with the rest invested in your physical bulk. Next up Togekiss provides you a stallbreaker, a Ground / Dragon immunity, and a Cleric for the team, especially Slowbro. Krookodile brings an Electric Immunity, trapping, and speed control to the table, opting for Fire Fang in its last slot as another way to catch Scizor off guard. Rotom-H provides a crucial Flying resistance, hazard removal, and can spread burns and pivot with Volt Switch. Finally, Crobat eases your matchup against threats like Serperior, and also has a very nice matchup with Stall using this Taunt Super Fang bulky set. You have a guaranteed ohko on Serperior, are faster than Mega Pidgeot, with the rest invested in your bulk.

One really important tip to keep in mind using the team is to make sure Kommo-o stays relatively healthy until Azumarill has been lured or otherwise taken down. If it gets too chipped a Belly Drum Azu could potentially sweep the remainder of your party members.

I hope you enjoy the team!
Looks great thank you so much!

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!

Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Signal Beam

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Rest

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 HP / 88 Def / 160 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Scizor @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I started with Stealth Rock Necrozma, I changed up a bit the set to a wallbreaking set. I added Azumarill because it takes advantage of Dark- and Bug-type moves that hit Necrozma super effectively. It originally was Choice Band, but later on, I figured that the Grass-immunity was something the team appreciated more than another wallbreaking force. I figured that Klefki would be a cool fit because it gave the team some Speed control through Thunder Wave and can set up Spikes. I added Scizor because I wanted a set up sweeper that can revenge kill Mega Altaria, in case it gets out of hand. With Jolly nature and Fightinium Z, it can also revenge kill opposing Scizor. I wanted a Ghost-resist and some Speed control. I also wanted something that can punish Mega Manectric locking itself into a STAB move. I added Krookodile, which provides the team perfectly. Lastly, I wanted a pivot that can revenge kill opposing Scizor. I added Mega Manectric because fit in that role pretty well. It also further improvied the team's Speed control.

Have fun, Rawbi!

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit
- Roost

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soak
- Recover
- Counter

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Alomomola @ Shed Shell
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Scald

The original draft each had either Tangela or Venusaur, but I decided to rebuild it, and that's the result. I started with Mega Aerodactyl + Hippowdon because Hippowdon not only patches up Aerodactyl's Electric-weakness, it also summons sand, which increases Aerodactyl's SpD. This is really cool, because most of the Pokemon that Aerodactyl is meant to check are Special attackers. I added Pyukumuku because an Unaware wall is greatly appreciated on Stall, and I did not need the Ground-typing Quagsire has. Pyukumuku's set could be changed. I wanted a Pokemon that could check Breloom and Serperior, so I added Crobat. It is also the hazard control of the team. It could beat the kinds of Swampert and Seismitoad with the combination of Toxic + Defog. I added the reliable Stall core of Alomomola + Blissey because it is honestly mandatory on almost every Stall team because their synergy is very good.

Have fun, Funbot28!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)