Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

The sets can be modified if it fits your plans for the core better, But I've been wanting to build around these two. Celebi is a really solid mon in general that checks a lot of things threatening Lax like Brelooms and other fightings, also Azu. While Lax can also check some things that threaten Celebi like Gengar and Chandelure. Lax also has a good matchup against more offensive teams where as Celebi is a solid breaker of fat balance and certain stalls. I think these two could be a good duo if used right but I've really struggled to build around them myself. A bulky offense or Balance with these two would do just fine for me.
hydreigon.gif
celebi.gif
steelix-mega.gif
snorlax.gif
rotom-heat.gif
togekiss.gif

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Facade
- Recycle
- Fire Punch

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split

Hi Smallsmallrose, got your team for you! So I started with the core given but used EQ < Fire Punch on Lax because this core really struggles with Scizor. At this point I felt weak to the aforementioned Scizor, so I added Rotom-Heat. It also provides a Ground immunity. I wanted a Ground type and a Rocker; I originally used Hippowdon, but I didn't have a Steel type so I decided to use Mega Steelix. Roar is used to phase set up sweepers. I needed a Defogger and a Fairy type, so Togekiss seemed like the perfect choice. It also provides cleric support w/Heal Bell. Lastly, I needed speed control and a Ghost resist other than Papalax. Hydreigon seemed like a good mon.

Hope you enjoy, had a lot of fun using this!

There you go Thanks Brock Obama !

Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 20 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Scald
- Earthquake

Unlike DD Haxorus which is better with Adamant Nature, SD Haxorus need to outspeed as many things as possible since it can't boost its speed. Jolly nature assure it to outspeed Pokemon like non-scarf Kyurem / Krook or max speed Kommo-O, Nidoking, Heracross.. SD Haxorus is an insanely powerful Wallbreaker and can basically tears appart bulky team which lacks of speed. Latias Scarf can outspeed and OHKO some Pokemon like Scarf Hydreigon that threatens its mate. Then I add Klefki to deal with Fairies and Dragon. It also helps Haxorus to ensure some OHKO after a SD thanks to its Spikes. Then we have Pidgeot-Mega which loved the fact that Haxorus can easily break through defensive core, allowing Pidgeot-Mega to abuse of its Hurricane. Finnaly, Tentacruel and Swampert complete the Hazard Core of the team but also bring some way to deal with some threats like Manectric-Mega or Breloom.

Hope you will like the team man (if you want to put DD on Haxorus over SD then Adamant nature will be better for sure) !

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Sparkling Aria

I've always thought Primarina was a very underrated breaker even with Azumarill still in the tier. Now that Azu is gone, I would think this mon will come back to it's glory. Has a good defensive typing to check mons like Hydriegon, while still being able to hit insanely hard. I believe bulky offense or volt-turn supports this the best. I would really appreciate this!

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First post on Smogon! WHEE!

So I was getting wrecked by a mega sharpedo the other day, and I was very sad because I had no priority and the sharpedo had +3 in speed. And then I thought about how good speed boost was and decided that I would build around a speed boost mon. I didn't want to do sharpedo, so I went with yanmega. It can be a really good late game cleaner if its checks are eliminated, and can run life orb effectively. I was having trouble building a team that effectively eliminated its checks, though, so I have turned to the trusty lab for help!

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Detect
- Giga Drain

Thanks in advance to the builder! (bonus points if you can somehow fit in an armaldo or a porygon2, my favorites)
Hey Sivanandi your team is complete! Yanmega was a lot of fun to work on, it's a very underappreciated pokemon in the UU metagame. I know you requested a Speed Boost version, but frankly it is a very weak cleaner compared to other options like the aforementioned Sharpedo and struggles in the current meta. I opted for its best set in the tier, a Choice Specs breaker that has very few switch ins due to Tinted Lens. I hope you enjoy!

yanmega.gifempoleon.gifLatias.gifrhyperior.gifchandelure.gifaltaria-mega.gif

http://pokepast.es/359cf175f13f5fae

So starting with Yanmega, it is a very powerful wallbreaker, but requires one basic thing, quality hazard removal. In my opinion you should always run a primary and secondary remover when dealing with Pokemon 4x weak to Stealth Rocks. For my primary remover I chose a specially defensive Empoleon. It is able to come in on a good portion of the special attackers that threaten Yanmega out like Latias and Hydreigon, using these free turns to Defog for Yanmega so it can come back in to break. Latias was chosen as a secondary remover, also acting as the teams speed control with a Choice Scarf and 3 attacks. Next up we needed an electric immunity and stealth rocks. Rhyperior fit the bill, also providing a sturdy fire resist and keeping the team from becoming too passive with its respectable power. Chandelure was brought on as a Scizor check and to break stall teams with a Sub Calm Mind set. Finally, Mega Altaria can is the teams fairy, providing another check to threats like Breloom and being the teams main win condition vs balance and offense. I've opted for a classic Dragon Dance set that outspeeds Mega Manectric after one boost. One important tip with this team is to play very carefully against Scizor. Empoleon and Chandelure check it, but make sure to keep them both healthy, especially before you've scouted Scizor's set. Rhyperior can also take a Bullet Punch in emergencies.

Thank you for coming to the lab, it was a great honor to fulfill this request!

While I would not recommend a Speed Boost set, you could try using it on this team and switching Chandelure to Choice Specs. Your stall matchup would suffer heavily and I do not recommend doing this, but if you are dead set on using Speed Boost that is what I would do. You could also try changing Latias to a Dragonium Z Calm Mind set with Psyshock if that is what you decide to do, and swapping Altaria for a different Choice Scarf user. Despite my warnings, don't be afraid to try new things on ladder and see what works best!

Last edited:

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Trick

I'd like a team built around these two mons. I like Groundium-Z Celebi for luring in Gengar's nemesis, Alolan-Muk, and killing it off so Gengar can fire off massive specs-boosted moves without having to worry about being pursuit trapped. I've tried building around these two but always get stumped. I'd prefer the sets not to be changed if possible. Thanks in advance! :D

Starmie.png
Haxorus.png

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

The sets can be modified but I like this duo a lot. Starmie is looking really good in this meta with bullet and mach punch resistances while being a respectably fast cleaner that's hard to switch in on. Haxorus is also a wallbreaker that can still put in its work against offense, more-so now with Azu's departure. I'll take any kind of team with this duo, but I think a team with these two could have a lot of good matchups without piling on too many horrible matchups.

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Sparkling Aria

I've always thought Primarina was a very underrated breaker even with Azumarill still in the tier. Now that Azu is gone, I would think this mon will come back to it's glory. Has a good defensive typing to check mons like Hydriegon, while still being able to hit insanely hard. I believe bulky offense or volt-turn supports this the best. I would really appreciate this!
primarina.gif
latias (1).gif
terrakion.gif
krookodile.gif
chandelure.gif
empoleon.gif

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sparkling Aria
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roar

I started with Primarina. I changed the spread you gave me, opting for max speed since it wants to be faster than walls. Tieing with other Modest Primarina is nice as well. My immediate thought for a partner was CM Dragonium Z Latias. CM Latias is a very potent thread in the metagame, sweeping many unprepared teams. It also appreciates Primarinas wallbreaking and has good type synergy. I thought of Terrakion for my next member because it provides rocks, another wallbreaker, and also does well against stall. I needed speed control, a good Aero check, and Pursuit support after this, so I decided to use Scarf Krookodile. The Sciz m/u was terrible, so I added Flame Body SubCM Chandelure. Chandelure + Terrakion is a neat core, as Scizor cant just click Knock Off with a Terrakion in the back. I needed a Defogger, a Steel type, and another Dragon resist: Empoleon fit nicely. I decided to use Shuca Berry over Lefties for opposing Krookodile and Aero. Hope you enjoy!

Could I get a team built around SD Guts Heracross? Archetype doesn't matter to me :]

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

There you go Smallsmallrose !

Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic
- Scald

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor @ Metronome
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

I change Jolly Nature on Haxorus for Adamant. It allows it to hit stronger while being faster than Aerodactyl-Mega after a DD. I also change Psyshock on Starmie and put Thunderbolt instead. This provides a better coverage for Starmie and allows it to threaten Empoleon. Then we have our own Empoleon with Stealth Rock. It checks some Haxorus's threats like Latias and Hydreigon Scarf. Serperior can cripple with Sub Seed some fat Pokemon + Muk-Alola thus allows Starmie to become even more dangerous. Scizor is the second check to Dragon Type and can't act as a Late Game Sweeper thanks to its Metronome. The spread allows it to outspeed Klefki with 8 EV in Speed and to Bullet Punch it before being to paralyze by Thunder Wave. Finnaly Krookodile Scarf gives some speed control to the team and can trap some threats like Chandelure and Gengar. I hope you will like it ! (if you're not a big fan of Metronome then put Iron Plate / Metal Coat instead).

Rotom-Mow.png
Moltres.png

Rotom-Mow @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

As usual, sets can be modified however you see fit, but I'd love a team with this duo. They're both very effective defoggers that among the two of them can cover most of the tier. They can also come in on a few of eachother's checks. Having double steel resistance in a tier where Scizor rules never hurt anyone either.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
1524970983556.png
1524970990124.png
stella (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Sleep Talk
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

helga (Kyurem) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Outrage
I would really like to see a team built around Kyurem and Togekiss. The sets can of course be changed how the builder likes but I'd prefer to keep the scarf togekiss set if possible, it is pretty nice with dealing with breloom atm. The two together do struggle with scizor but toge has the potential with luring it in and killing with fire blast. Thank you!

Bewear @ Normalium Z
Ability: Fluffy
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Someone bless me with a team with this beast on it. I really want a team with Bewear on it and besides B- on the VR and ITS SO FLUFFY. Also I'm not sure if this calc is impressive or underwhelming but here

+2 252 Atk Bewear Breakneck Blitz (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 288-340 (73 - 86.2%)

Sage

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Could I get a team built around SD Guts Heracross? Archetype doesn't matter to me :]

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
Hey mellowyellowhd , got your request right here. Heracross has some interesting applications, while usually outclassed by Breloom offers more raw power and knock off utility. I went for a Hyper Offensive team that helps Heracross keep up the pressure.

heracross-f.gif
sharpedo-mega.gif
Klefki.gif
chandelure.gif
Latias.gif
gliscor.gif

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Liquidation
- Protect

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Magnet Rise

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Talk

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Starting with Heracross, I figured offense would be the best way to take the team. Mega Sharpedo is a great cleaner that can take advantage of Heracross' wallbreaking ability, while also helping it break stall with a supremely powerful Crunch. Adamant really helps that power boost and is preferred here, but remember that you will need two speed boosts to outspeed choice scarfers from Krookodile up now. Liquidation is chosen over the more common Ice Fang to help deal with Mega Houndoom, also catching Rhyperior by surprise at times. Klefki supports the two by switching into Latias and laying down Spikes. Chandelure is a Breloom / Scizor check, as well as bringing some much needed special firepower. Latias is the speed control of the team, providing Healing Wish support, emergency hazard removal, and great revenge killing capabilities. Gliscor acts as the glue of the team, laying Stealth Rocks, providing an electric immunity, and utilizing a slow uturn to get your breakers in for free. When using this team, idenfity the best way to let your Sharpedo win and play with that in mind. If you play it aggressively early make sure Latias is free to Healing Wish it back later. Versus Stall Mega Sharpedo and Heracross should have a relatively easy time breaking down opposing walls, with hazards constantly coming back up and Chandelure's added pressure.

Bewear @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Someone bless me with a team with this beast on it. I really want a team with Bewear on it and besides B- on the VR and ITS SO FLUFFY. Also I'm not sure if this calc is impressive or underwhelming but here

+2 252 Atk Bewear Breakneck Blitz (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 288-340 (73 - 86.2%)
What up bmacbnasty , got team #2 hot off the press for you! Bewear's definitely a cool breaker that has a surprising amount of defensive utility in checking things like Scizor. I created a nice bulky offensive team to utilize its talents. Let's get to it.

bewear.gif
nihilego.gif
scizor.gif
Swampert.gif
Latias.gif
Tsareena.gif

Bewear @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Tsareena @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Synthesis

Bewear struggles with Fire and Flying types revenging it, so something to come in on this fit nicely. Nihilego fits the job with its great special bulk letting it come in on threats to Bewear like Chandelure, Moltres, and Mega Pidgeot, while complimenting Bewear's physical bulk well. Bewear in turn is a relatively safe Scizor switchin, as well as other physical attackers like Rhyperior or Mega Aerodactyl that can threaten Nihilego. I've opted for a Pain Split set that annoys stall, with STABs + Grass Knot as the choice of coverage. Pain Split is also important in helping it soft check Dragons. Scizor traps the Psychic types that annoy our initial core of Bewear and Nihilego, notably Latias. Its Bullet Punch brings strong priority to the team as well, and can u-turn Bewear / Nihilego in safely on things they normally won't come in on. Manectric was looking threatening, so Swampert was chosen as the Stealth Rock user. Latias brings an important Breloom Check, opting for Sleep Talk and Ice Beam as coverage to ensure that job. It also revenge kills Serperior in the event that Scizor dies. Finally, Tsareena fills out as a secondary Breloom check (Power whip 2hkoes even without band this mon is bananas), a reliable Spinner with Knock Off to threaten Gengar and Chandelure the most common spinblockers, and Synthesis can restore its health while it forces out things like Hippowdon. You do have to play carefully around Dragons with this team as Scizor is the sole resist, but Nihilego soft checks a good number of them, Latias will revenge all of them, and the team generally has enough bulk to 1v1 them.

Hope you both enjoy your teams!

Hey mellowyellowhd , got your request right here. Heracross has some interesting applications, while usually outclassed by Breloom offers more raw power and knock off utility. I went for a Hyper Offensive team that helps Heracross keep up the pressure.

View attachment 113536View attachment 113541View attachment 113540View attachment 113538View attachment 113537View attachment 113542

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Liquidation
- Protect

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Magnet Rise

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Talk

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Starting with Heracross, I figured offense would be the best way to take the team. Mega Sharpedo is a great cleaner that can take advantage of Heracross' wallbreaking ability, while also helping it break stall with a supremely powerful Crunch. Adamant really helps that power boost and is preferred here, but remember that you will need two speed boosts to outspeed choice scarfers from Krookodile up now. Liquidation is chosen over the more common Ice Fang to help deal with Mega Houndoom, also catching Rhyperior by surprise at times. Klefki supports the two by switching into Latias and laying down Spikes. Chandelure is a Breloom / Scizor check, as well as bringing some much needed special firepower. Latias is the speed control of the team, providing Healing Wish support, emergency hazard removal, and great revenge killing capabilities. Gliscor acts as the glue of the team, laying Stealth Rocks, providing an electric immunity, and utilizing a slow uturn to get your breakers in for free. When using this team, idenfity the best way to let your Sharpedo win and play with that in mind. If you play it aggressively early make sure Latias is free to Healing Wish it back later. Versus Stall Mega Sharpedo and Heracross should have a relatively easy time breaking down opposing walls, with hazards constantly coming back up and Chandelure's added pressure.

What up bmacbnasty , got team #2 hot off the press for you! Bewear's definitely a cool breaker that has a surprising amount of defensive utility in checking things like Scizor. I created a nice bulky offensive team to utilize its talents. Let's get to it.

View attachment 113549View attachment 113544View attachment 113547View attachment 113548View attachment 113537View attachment 113546

Bewear @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Tsareena @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Synthesis

Bewear struggles with Fire and Flying types revenging it, so something to come in on this fit nicely. Nihilego fits the job with its great special bulk letting it come in on threats to Bewear like Chandelure, Moltres, and Mega Pidgeot, while complimenting Bewear's physical bulk well. Bewear in turn is a relatively safe Scizor switchin, as well as other physical attackers like Rhyperior or Mega Aerodactyl that can threaten Nihilego. I've opted for a Pain Split set that annoys stall, with STABs + Grass Knot as the choice of coverage. Pain Split is also important in helping it soft check Dragons. Scizor traps the Psychic types that annoy our initial core of Bewear and Nihilego, notably Latias. Its Bullet Punch brings strong priority to the team as well, and can u-turn Bewear / Nihilego in safely on things they normally won't come in on. Manectric was looking threatening, so Swampert was chosen as the Stealth Rock user. Latias brings an important Breloom Check, opting for Sleep Talk and Ice Beam as coverage to ensure that job. It also revenge kills Serperior in the event that Scizor dies. Finally, Tsareena fills out as a secondary Breloom check (Power whip 2hkoes even without band this mon is bananas), a reliable Spinner with Knock Off to threaten Gengar and Chandelure the most common spinblockers, and Synthesis can restore its health while it forces out things like Hippowdon. You do have to play carefully around Dragons with this team as Scizor is the sole resist, but Nihilego soft checks a good number of them, Latias will revenge all of them, and the team generally has enough bulk to 1v1 them.

Hope you both enjoy your teams!
thanks a lot sage, team looks fantastic. one question though, how would i get around the mega manectric mu? dont play much uu anymore so im kinda rusty :]

Sage

thanks a lot sage, team looks fantastic. one question though, how would i get around the mega manectric mu? dont play much uu anymore so im kinda rusty :]
No problem glad you're enjoying it so far! Mane is not the easiest matchup but you definitely have adequate tools to stop it. Latias is a guaranteed switch in at least twice, and will threaten out with Draco Meteor. However it's prone to pursuit so be careful about those mons like Krook and Muk. Gliscor at full health will also live the HP ice because of it's spread and fire off an Earthquake. The final check on this team is hazards, mane hates taking damage from rocks and spikes as it spams volt switch. If you get 2+ hazards up just letting it volt switch on Latias will eventually bring it to the point where Sharpedo kills it after a speed boost.

-1 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Crunch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Manectric-Mega: 181-214 (64.4 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hope these tips helped!

View attachment 113192View attachment 113193
Rotom-Mow @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

As usual, sets can be modified however you see fit, but I'd love a team with this duo. They're both very effective defoggers that among the two of them can cover most of the tier. They can also come in on a few of eachother's checks. Having double steel resistance in a tier where Scizor rules never hurt anyone either.
Rotom-Mow @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
rotom-mow.gif
moltres.gif
aggron-mega.gif
sylveon.gif
heracross.gif
krookodile.gif

I started with the given core. I opted for Flamethrower > Fire Blast on Moltres because imo, relying on 2 innacurate STABs is bad and Id rather have at least one accurate. I also had HP Ice on Rotom-C for Gliscor, which was otherwise annoying. I wanted a rocks user and another Scizor check, so I added Mega Aggron. I wanted a good Dragon counter, something to deal with Mega Manectric, and cleric support: Sylveon fit perfectly. I wanted a stallbreaker and a status absorber, so I added Heracross. Lastly, I wanted speed control and an Electric immunity. Krookodile fit well. Hope you enjoy!

Felixx

I'm back.
Hey Sneer just finished up your team! I changed the sets around a little bit but I really like the Bulky Offense I came out with, hope you do too! Here's the team:

View attachment 111686View attachment 111689View attachment 111691View attachment 111690View attachment 111687View attachment 111692

Kommo-o @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 168 HP / 160 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Super Fang
- Brave Bird
- Roost

I tried to make use of the Belly Drum and Calm Mind sets you wanted, but found it hard to adequately compress all the other roles a team requires. I think you will still be happy with how the team uses those two in particular though! Kommo-o has been given a 3 Attacks Stealth Rock set, which also has the capability of luring Fairies trying to get a free switch in with Acid Downpour. This can ohko Azumarill and Primarina, along with bulkier Fairies like offensive Malt and Togekiss with Stealth Rocks. Ice Punch threatens Gliscor trying to defog and Close Combat is your strongest STAB move. You outspeed base 80s such as the aforementioned Togekiss, max Attack, and rest in HP. Mega Slowbro opts for the 3 Attacks + Slack Off set as a bulky pivot for the team that can outlast the competition with Regenerator, Mega evolving when it needs to check strong physical attackers. Fire Blast and Ice Beam can catch traditional switchins like Scizor, Serperior, Hydreigon, and Latias off guard, and I find them generally more useful than a Psychic STAB move. You outspeed Doublade so you can catch it with Fire Blast, with the rest invested in your physical bulk. Next up Togekiss provides you a stallbreaker, a Ground / Dragon immunity, and a Cleric for the team, especially Slowbro. Krookodile brings an Electric Immunity, trapping, and speed control to the table, opting for Fire Fang in its last slot as another way to catch Scizor off guard. Rotom-H provides a crucial Flying resistance, hazard removal, and can spread burns and pivot with Volt Switch. Finally, Crobat eases your matchup against threats like Serperior, and also has a very nice matchup with Stall using this Taunt Super Fang bulky set. You have a guaranteed ohko on Serperior, are faster than Mega Pidgeot, with the rest invested in your bulk.

One really important tip to keep in mind using the team is to make sure Kommo-o stays relatively healthy until Azumarill has been lured or otherwise taken down. If it gets too chipped a Belly Drum Azu could potentially sweep the remainder of your party members.

I hope you enjoy the team!
Finally, Crobat eases your matchup against threats like Serperior, and also has a very nice matchup with Stall using this Taunt Super Fang bulky set. You have a guaranteed ohko on Serperior, are faster than Mega Pidgeot, with the rest invested in your bulk.

you're actually 1 point slower than M-Pidgeot

Hello! Thank you again Amane Misa for the Hail team, it was super fun to use.

Could I request a team built around Scarf Nihilego? -the more offensive the better. It's a fun revenge killer and late game sweeper. I really like Specs Magneton as a partner, both for removing troublesome steel types (mainly Scizor to be honest) and Volt Switch just being nice on offence, although bulky ground types do trouble both, offensively and defensively.

These are the sets I have been using, just standard:

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Thank you to all the builders for their hard work!

terrakion.gif
chandelure.gif

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Trick

In my time in UU, I've used these Pokemon to some success and have really enjoyed their combination in physical/special attacking. Chandelure is one of my favorite low-ladder Scarf users, having a chance to OHKO Latias after rocks, and fast Energy Ball is a great surprise for Swampert and Hippowdon switch-ins. The ability to switch in on Breloom is necessary for the UU tier, and Chandelure does a great job at hitting something else hard on the switch-in, and can threaten Blissey or Alomomola with Trick. The ability to threaten Latias helps out Terrakion immensely.

Terrakion hits so hard after a Swords Dance boost, and I'd ideally like it to be my late-game sweeper after getting rid of faster threats. I find that Rockium Z is huge in being able to OHKO Gliscor. Close Combat doesn't need explaining, and Earthquake is good (but especially reliable) coverage if Terrakion is healthy and facing down a Manectric or Darmanitan in the late game, being able to tank a hit from both.

I'm looking for a balanced team that doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, but isn't necessarily strong against any one team composition. Obviously for both Terrakion and Chandelure to do their jobs well, there needs to be reliable hazard support and hazard removal. Also, having a core of Terrakion/Chandy requires some tankiness and ability to switch in to common threats to these two. Hydreigon is chief among counters, fully countering Chandelure and always having the ability to Draco Meteor Terrakion. M-Aero and Krookodile also do quite well against these mons.

I appreciate it, everyone! I love this concept and I'm excited to use whatever is suggested. :)

Celebi.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

I'll take the liberty of the first ORAS request. The set of this little guy can be modified as seen fit, but I'd love a team with some shape or form of Nasty Plot Celebi, a mon I'm starting to learn is really dumb in the ORAS Metagame.

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
View attachment 113197View attachment 113198
stella (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Sleep Talk
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

helga (Kyurem) @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Outrage
I would really like to see a team built around Kyurem and Togekiss. The sets can of course be changed how the builder likes but I'd prefer to keep the scarf togekiss set if possible, it is pretty nice with dealing with breloom atm. The two together do struggle with scizor but toge has the potential with luring it in and killing with fire blast. Thank you!

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Kyurem @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Punishment

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Sorry, I ended up changing the Togekiss set due to complications while building. I changed it to Babiri Berry, Flamethrower, Defog to lure Scizor so Kyurem can just click things all day. Togekiss also offers Defog support to the rocks weak mean that Kyurem is while checking Breloom at the same time (it outspeeds w/o scarf hehe). Scizor comes in to complete the dfs core, a lati check, and most importantly a maero answer for a core that so desperately needs one. Rhyperior gives the team a more consistent answer to Mega Manectric, rocks, and improves the maero m/u a bit more as well (scout for aqua tail though). Infernape is here to soften steels up, something that can actually switch into Bullet Punch, speed control, and a pivot to pair with Scizor to form a neat U-Turn core. Obviously the bulky water matchup and stall matchup in general is pretty rough right now, so sub seed Serp comes in to improve both of those matchups and also provide a bit of a wincon. Please be careful of common mag cores like Maero + Mag and Lati + Mag. The team heavily relies on Scizor to check both Maero and dragons like Malt and Lati, so threaten them out with Scizor and double out pretty much every time if your opponent has a Magneton and you're not sure if there's an Eject Button that can be used or not, better safe than sorry.

Lmk if you have any questions, hmu on smogon or PS im vivalospride on both. Also pls thank martha cause she built this with me and she's awesome.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Kyurem @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Punishment

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Sorry, I ended up changing the Togekiss set due to complications while building. I changed it to Babiri Berry, Flamethrower, Defog to lure Scizor so Kyurem can just click things all day. Togekiss also offers Defog support to the rocks weak mean that Kyurem is while checking Breloom at the same time (it outspeeds w/o scarf hehe). Scizor comes in to complete the dfs core, a lati check, and most importantly a maero answer for a core that so desperately needs one. Rhyperior gives the team a more consistent answer to Mega Manectric, rocks, and improves the maero m/u a bit more as well (scout for aqua tail though). Infernape is here to soften steels up, something that can actually switch into Bullet Punch, speed control, and a pivot to pair with Scizor to form a neat U-Turn core. Obviously the bulky water matchup and stall matchup in general is pretty rough right now, so sub seed Serp comes in to improve both of those matchups and also provide a bit of a wincon. Please be careful of common mag cores like Maero + Mag and Lati + Mag. The team heavily relies on Scizor to check both Maero and dragons like Malt and Lati, so threaten them out with Scizor and double out pretty much every time if your opponent has a Magneton and you're not sure if there's an Eject Button that can be used or not, better safe than sorry.

Lmk if you have any questions, hmu on smogon or PS im vivalospride on both. Also pls thank martha cause she built this with me and she's awesome.
Thank you two so much, sorry for the difficult pairing prior!

So, i want a good team to peak UU ladder so i can see how the usm uu era goes.
I'm a balance player, i don't like stall teams or heavy offense in general (especially in uu). The team i want is something that don't lose vs stalls, roarcmind cune or common statuppers (mons like sub mind chandelure or tspikes+wallbreakers are appreciated, i don't have preferences) and something with a strong speed and spA/atk like MMane/MAero/MPidgeot or non mega.
So, if possible, i want a revenge killer, wishuser+cleric, hazardcontroller and CM User/SD User in the squad.
No preferences about the initial mon or core.
Sorry for my english :( and thanks if someone is going to accept the req.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)