Project Underused Teambuilding Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! If I could request a team I'd ask for one built around obstagoon. Looking for a balance team but if anything else works, I'd be happy to use it. Thanks in advance!

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost

Looking for a team with this Kyurem.

<Click the Sprites for the Importable>
SpookMÆN here is your team. Ngl I have absolutely hated building around this Pokemon because it just doesn't offer a lot that other Pokemon don't already do. I changed the item to Black Glasses because I have never clicked Bulk Up to try make it sweep or break any better over just spamming its STAB combination. This extra power helps it pick off stuff like Jirachi more easily but if you prefer Leftovers then that is fine. I paired it with Heracross as just a powerful wallbreaker capable of overwhelming stuff like Galarian Weezing and Skarmory. Slowking provides a check to Noivern, Keldeo, and Cobalion. It works really well with Heracross to dismantle defensive cores for Grimmsnarl to sweep. Rotom-C provides you with Speed control and a way to handle the opposing Rotom formes like Wash. It has emergency hazard removal for you. Escavalier provides you with a more consistent check to Jirachi and gives you a much needed Kyurem check. The EVs help ease the Krookodile matchup. Finally, Palossand gives you a check to Lycanroc-D and Terrakion as well as provide SR for you. Shoutout Notily for giving me a template to help me find something I actually liked. The team is rather slow so you are relying on playing well with your defensive core and keeping Grimmsnarl and Rotom-C alive/healthy to revenge what they need to.

Here is a late-night replay of the team

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:ss/jirachi: :ss/slowking: :ss/weezing-galar: :ss/kyurem: :ss/palossand: :ss/terrakion:

Here's your kyurem team RahelGamer03 HiddenPower23. I built it for my uu wcop game against Adaam. Team is basically 6 S mons lol. Idea of the team is a balance composed of a basic balanced core which is Wish rachi / offensive slowking / offensive weezing / palossand colbur. This core covers most major threats in the tier while putting a lot of pressure to opposite teams thanks to offensive weezing, future sight slowking and iron head rachi. The offensive core is Kyurem and Terrakion. Kyurem is here to sit on most teams and spam is moves and Terrakion is here for his breaking power. Problem with the team is the lack of ghost resists. It makes you really weak to Chandelure and Poltea (HP on kyu is here to live a +6 poltea stored power) and to doublade. If you want to fix this just go for Incineroar on Terrakion but you will lack of breaking power. You can also go for Thunder on Rachi to lure the chandelure (lol). Other team option is to add bulk to Weezing / Slowking to have more reliable answer to Cloyster, Doublade, Talonflame, Heracross, Darmanitan, Mimikyu, Pangoro but without the SpA these mons are more easy to abuse. Enjoy!
Here's the WCOP replay to see the team in action :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-514011

feel free to pm me if you have any questions / feedback

Last edited:

SpookMÆN here is your team. Ngl I have absolutely hated building around this Pokemon because it just doesn't offer a lot that other Pokemon don't already do. I changed the item to Black Glasses because I have never clicked Bulk Up to try make it sweep or break any better over just spamming its STAB combination. This extra power helps it pick off stuff like Jirachi more easily but if you prefer Leftovers then that is fine. I paired it with Heracross as just a powerful wallbreaker capable of overwhelming stuff like Galarian Weezing and Skarmory. Slowking provides a check to Noivern, Keldeo, and Cobalion. It works really well with Heracross to dismantle defensive cores for Grimmsnarl to sweep. Rotom-C provides you with Speed control and a way to handle the opposing Rotom formes like Wash. It has emergency hazard removal for you. Escavalier provides you with a more consistent check to Jirachi and gives you a much needed Kyurem check. The EVs help ease the Krookodile matchup. Finally, Palossand gives you a check to Lycanroc-D and Terrakion as well as provide SR for you. Shoutout Notily for giving me a template to help me find something I actually liked. The team is rather slow so you are relying on playing well with your defensive core and keeping Grimmsnarl and Rotom-C alive/healthy to revenge what they need to.

Here is a late-night replay of the team
Thank you so much, I know it must have been difficult to build around that trash gremlin, but I found myself really enjoying the team, so great job. :psyglad:

:ss/jirachi: :ss/slowking: :ss/weezing-galar: :ss/kyurem: :ss/palossand: :ss/terrakion:

Here's your kyurem team RahelGamer03 HiddenPower23. I built it for my uu wcop game against Adaam. Team is basically 6 S mons lol. Idea of the team is a balance composed of a basic balanced core which is Wish rachi / offensive slowking / offensive weezing / palossand colbur. This core covers most major threats in the tier while putting a lot of pressure to opposite teams thanks to offensive weezing, future sight slowking and iron head rachi. The offensive core is Kyurem and Terrakion. Kyurem is here to sit on most teams and spam is moves and Terrakion is here for his breaking power. Problem with the team is the lack of ghost resists. It makes you really weak to Chandelure and Poltea (HP on kyu is here to live a +6 poltea stored power) and to doublade. If you want to fix this just go for Incineroar on Terrakion but you will lack of breaking power. You can also go for Thunder on Rachi to lure the chandelure (lol). Other team option is to add bulk to Weezing / Slowking to have more reliable answer to Cloyster, Doublade, Talonflame, Heracross, Darmanitan, Mimikyu, Pangoro but without the SpA these mons are more easy to abuse. Enjoy!
Here's the WCOP replay to see the team in action :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-514011

Thanks for the team Ramolost

Alright lads, here we go. Requesting a team around the most consistent offensive duo since BW.

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail

These two have been side by side forever. Celebi slams through fat waters and grounds that Krookodile struggles with, while Krook melts through steels and other psychics that might get in the way. They’re a very consistent offensive core, and so I’m hoping to see something along those lines pop out of this here. I’m not too worried about the band on Krookodile, but it just catches so many teams off guard that it’s a cool lure if it can be integrated.

EDIT: AH I FORGOT TO SAY THIS IS FOR SM

ty build team

Last edited:
Hi I'm trying to make a team that uses a porygon-z and doom desire jirachi core. I was thinking that the Jirachi with doom desire might pretty good in this current meta game because there is a lot of current very good Jirachi sets, none of which I've seen utilizing doom desire, so I feel like it could definitely catch people off guard. Also future sight on slowking, is currently pretty good when paired with strong breakers like Urshifu so was thinking pairing it with one like porygon-z would help force mons out and make it easier to maneuver porygon-z into situations where its able to pickup a ko with tri-attack, or one of its coverage moves.
here are the current sets i came up with but I'm definetly open to them changing.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Doom Desire
- Psychic
- Moonblast
Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Trick
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Sickist here is your request. I'm not a fan of your set not having SD on it so I swapped that out for EQ. I'd rather be walled by Doublade than limit its breaking potential. You'll probably never get both boosts off so it is more dependent on, which is better in the given scenario. Slowking works really well with Terrakion with Future Sight. It provides a check to Fighting-types that threaten to revenge Terrak. Krookodile is the rocker of choice and I had to opt for a Rindo Berry because the teapot just 6-0's otherwise. The EVs have been adjusted to take a +1 Aura Sphere from CM Jirachi. Jirachi provides you with a needed Steel-type and an additional wallbreaker. Expert Belt is a viable enough option over Lefties if you want. Noivern gives you a secondary Fighting-type check and eases the Jirachi matchup. Finally, Mowtom for Speed control and a check to other Rotom formes. It has Defog to free the slot up for Noivern.

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:bw/jirachi: :bw/porygon-Z: :bw/slowking: :bw/weezing: :bw/kyurem: :ss/pangoro:

hey Jtron heres your rachi + porygon team. since rachi will probably be uubl soon and that doom desire is unviable i changed the set for utility rachi. thought it was a best option for a porygon partner. rachi can twave mons like shao coba who tends to switch in and can bring porygon in thanks to uturn on mons like doublade, incin, rotom wash etc. pZ set is classic. I changed the tbolt for psychic but eh you can go tbolt i guess i never click psychic anyway i only click ghost and normal moves so up to you on this one. I paired a slowking to this core mainly because it adds a cool fire / fight resistance, a jirachi check and it can bring pZ with teleport. Weezing is here to defog and to have a dark resistance and a ground immunity. the speed evs are here to outspeed base 70 (skarmory mainly).Kyurem offers you a super cool mon which will pressure most teams and it checks mon like the rotoms, offensive starmie which can be super annoying for the team. It can also easily weaken some porygon switchins like cobalion. Last mon feels kinda like an unmon but i think it fits well in the team. scarf panda helps you to have an out against lycan, bisharp, poltea, incin which are huge threats for the team. Parting shot can also bring pZ in against things like weezing or skarmory. Panda can also lure some mons like terrakion or cobalion which can be annoying for pZ.
hope you enjoy the team feel free to pm me if you have any question.

:bw/jirachi: :bw/porygon-Z: :bw/slowking: :bw/weezing: :bw/kyurem: :ss/pangoro:

hey Jtron heres your rachi + porygon team. since rachi will probably be uubl soon and that doom desire is unviable i changed the set for utility rachi. thought it was a best option for a porygon partner. rachi can twave mons like shao coba who tends to switch in and can bring porygon in thanks to uturn on mons like doublade, incin, rotom wash etc. pZ set is classic. I changed the tbolt for psychic but eh you can go tbolt i guess i never click psychic anyway i only click ghost and normal moves so up to you on this one. I paired a slowking to this core mainly because it adds a cool fire / fight resistance, a jirachi check and it can bring pZ with teleport. Weezing is here to defog and to have a dark resistance and a ground immunity. the speed evs are here to outspeed base 70 (skarmory mainly).Kyurem offers you a super cool mon which will pressure most teams and it checks mon like the rotoms, offensive starmie which can be super annoying for the team. It can also easily weaken some porygon switchins like cobalion. Last mon feels kinda like an unmon but i think it fits well in the team. scarf panda helps you to have an out against lycan, bisharp, poltea, incin which are huge threats for the team. Parting shot can also bring pZ in against things like weezing or skarmory. Panda can also lure some mons like terrakion or cobalion which can be annoying for pZ.
hope you enjoy the team feel free to pm me if you have any question.
thanks looks incredible

AssessTheThreat here is your Tyranitar team

Choice Band Tyranitar, I went with Thunder Punch in the last slot to make it easier to break Keldeo and Skarmory. CM Hatterene is a wincon that appreciates Ttar breaking bulky Steel-types for it and it also helps check Noivern too, alleviating Ttar's need to solely do so. Gastrodon gives you a Washtom and Keldeo check, it can also blanket some other foes like certain Jirachi sets. Noivern provides a more secure Keldeo response and eases the matchup against other Fighting-types like Cobalion. Cobalion provides you with a SR setter. Chople Berry helps with Lycanroc-D and soft checking Terrak and opposing Cobalion. Finally, Scarf Jirachi gives you Speed control and another check to Kyurem. You can use Defog over U-turn on Noivern if you find you're struggling against certain playstyles but Hatterene is usually enough to try and deter hazards.

hi all, i would like a good skarmory stall :

flying jirachy (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

tagging pokemonisfun because i think he is the only one who like to build stall here :/

Last edited:
AssessTheThreat here is your Tyranitar team

Choice Band Tyranitar, I went with Thunder Punch in the last slot to make it easier to break Keldeo and Skarmory. CM Hatterene is a wincon that appreciates Ttar breaking bulky Steel-types for it and it also helps check Noivern too, alleviating Ttar's need to solely do so. Gastrodon gives you a Washtom and Keldeo check, it can also blanket some other foes like certain Jirachi sets. Noivern provides a more secure Keldeo response and eases the matchup against other Fighting-types like Cobalion. Cobalion provides you with a SR setter. Chople Berry helps with Lycanroc-D and soft checking Terrak and opposing Cobalion. Finally, Scarf Jirachi gives you Speed control and another check to Kyurem. You can use Defog over U-turn on Noivern if you find you're struggling against certain playstyles but Hatterene is usually enough to try and deter hazards.
Yo bet thank you :)

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/golurk.gif
(Click on the sprite for the set)

Hey, there I would like to request a team featuring CB Golurk. I feel like Golurk is super underrated rn being able to shred through teams and it has massive coverage. You can change the set if you want because any and every Golurk set nukes teams
:jirachi: :golurk: :keldeo: :skarmory: :dragalge: :obstagoon:
Hello sir, I did AV god lurk bc I think it's just the better set as it gives it more breaking opportunities with it's unique typing and decent bulk which is only amplified by AV being able to actually abuse stuff like Noivern for a free turn and check CM rachi sets and all that jazz, still a monstrous breaker. I went with scarf rachi to get it in on stuff like Slowking and just to embrace a more voltturn route with it. Keldeo I had in mind as a setup wincon I could smack on there p easily as my first two pocket monsters are p good at chipping things and are not gonna like any dark types spamming Knock Off, which are some things Keldeo can abuse pretty well w/ it's typing. Whenever I have a Skarmory I like to have a secondary steel and whenever I have a Jirachi I like to have a secondary steel, sooo i have skarm here as the rocker and must needed ground immunity to come in on things like Rhyperior and Krookodile whilst checking Mimikyu and offensive darks in general like Obstagoon, also getting Toxics off on waters is good for keld. Dragalge is my Keldeo answer and tspike absorber, also slow pivot and all that, rlly good mon that also helps abuse fairies like Weezing n shit. Obstagoon is a good breaker that abuses the pivoting and resists ghost and another dark resist. Knock Off is kinda annoying with poltergeist but just dont click it if u dont have to/shouldnt. Switcheroo is rlly good there as you can burn some grounds/skarm/fighting types which is rlly good for mons like Keldeo and Dragalge to get more free turns and be less overworked. I think you can replace goon with a fair number of things tho tbh, goon seems like the best but at one point it was AV Hat, ghost weakness worried me tho.​

:jirachi: :golurk: :keldeo: :skarmory: :dragalge: :obstagoon:
Hello sir, I did AV god lurk bc I think it's just the better set as it gives it more breaking opportunities with it's unique typing and decent bulk which is only amplified by AV being able to actually abuse stuff like Noivern for a free turn and check CM rachi sets and all that jazz, still a monstrous breaker. I went with scarf rachi to get it in on stuff like Slowking and just to embrace a more voltturn route with it. Keldeo I had in mind as a setup wincon I could smack on there p easily as my first two pocket monsters are p good at chipping things and are not gonna like any dark types spamming Knock Off, which are some things Keldeo can abuse pretty well w/ it's typing. Whenever I have a Skarmory I like to have a secondary steel and whenever I have a Jirachi I like to have a secondary steel, sooo i have skarm here as the rocker and must needed ground immunity to come in on things like Rhyperior and Krookodile whilst checking Mimikyu and offensive darks in general like Obstagoon, also getting Toxics off on waters is good for keld. Dragalge is my Keldeo answer and tspike absorber, also slow pivot and all that, rlly good mon that also helps abuse fairies like Weezing n shit. Obstagoon is a good breaker that abuses the pivoting and resists ghost and another dark resist. Knock Off is kinda annoying with poltergeist but just dont click it if u dont have to/shouldnt. Switcheroo is rlly good there as you can burn some grounds/skarm/fighting types which is rlly good for mons like Keldeo and Dragalge to get more free turns and be less overworked. I think you can replace goon with a fair number of things tho tbh, goon seems like the best but at one point it was AV Hat, ghost weakness worried me tho.
Thanks alot Viv, the team is fire

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Hello everyone! If I could request a team I'd ask for one built around obstagoon. Looking for a balance team but if anything else works, I'd be happy to use it. Thanks in advance!
I know you requested a balance, but Obstagoon fits best on teams that tend to be a little more offensive, so I took a Sticky Web-based approach.

~ ~
click me for the importable!

Basic idea is that Obstagoon + Sticky Web = Lots and lots of KOs. Araquanid was chosen over RIbombee just bc it's a bit more consistent at keeping webs up atm and also having something that can kinda switch into and threaten Weezing is nice. Lycanroc-D was up next as something that can lure and beat up Skarmory and stuff for Obstagoon, and it appreciates Obstagoon being able to blow past Palossand with Bulk Up. Nasty Plot Rotom-Mow gives the team a Ground immunity that can also break through fat Grounds that this team hates like Rhyperior and Mudsdale :horse: but also is just a nice pivot into bulky waters and stuff. Mimikyu is a standard webs option that gives us a very reliable late-game cleaner and also a spinblocker bc Tentacruel and Starmie are sorta annoying. Cobalion is p much just there for rocks + steel type, you can make it a Jirachi and have better results but considering the suspect test is on, I didn't wanna do that bc I wanted this team to be valid for you regardless of Jirachi's fate.

Hope you enjoy it Flareblitzkreig! :3

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
hey id like a team with comp milo ! could be very cool !
:bw/weezing: :bw/milotic:
:bw/jirachi: :bw/mienshao: :bw/rotom-mow:

https://pokepast.es/8d53915f5b9be309
https://pokepast.es/85d0dee1c456e932 (v2)

To properly make use of Comp milo, you obviously need some form of entry hazard stacking that compromises the opponent if they don't activate Milotic's ability. Neutralising Gas + Toxic Spikes Weezing-Galar is just fantastic for this, setting its entry hazards through Hatterene, and checking Pokemon like Mienshao, Mimikyu, Lycanroc that a Competitive Milotic loses out on the ability to rly eat hits from properly. This core tends to have a lot of trouble with Keldeo, a 3 attacks Noivern provides a nice breaker that benefits from the Toxic Spikes while checking Keldeo and Kyurem, while providing a nice offensive check to non-Scarf Jirachi for Weezer. Rocks 3 attacks Jirachi pressures Rotom-Wash nicely, a Defogger that Milotic doesn't really want to try and switch in on, while providing your important Kyurem switch-in. EV spread 2HKOs defensive Washom after rocks while giving you some longevity vs Kyurem with Lefties + bulk.

Two versions at this point depending on whether you prefer some more offensiveness + ability to beat Reuniclus better, or prefer to have an actual consistent switch in to krookodile, since Noivern doesn't really wanna take Knock Offs.

Version 1 - Life Orb Regenerator Mienshao gives you another strong breaker that can really pressure Calm Mind Jirachi for you, and appreciates Toxic Spikes support + brings Noivern in on stuff like Palossand/Skarmory. Scarf Mowtom gives you secondary speed control outside of Noivern, a consistent check to Rotom Forms, and emergency hazard removal, can pressure some stuff like Gastro/Mantine for you too.

Version 2 - Scarf Mienshao gives you secondary speed control while still pressuring CM jirachi. Pain Split Defog Rotom-Mow gives you a consistent Krookodile switch-in since it doesn't care about Knock now. Stone Edge on Shao is for Talonflame mainly, which can be a bit rough otherwise.

Hope you enjoy Ramolost :3 I'm sure you'll prefer version one but included version 2 just incase.

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
hi all, i would like a good skarmory stall :

flying jirachy (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

tagging pokemonisfun because i think he is the only one who like to build stall here :/
:skarmory: :umbreon: :quagsire: :palossand: :slowking: :weezing-galar:
Hello sir, wanted to take this request for some mental exercise on this fine morning I hope I suffice instead of pif. Started with skarm ofc and assumed umbreon would be the best next slot bc wish + heal beller + dark type etc etc, p much the thing people use in place of Blissey/Chansey if their tier doesn't have those fatasses, checks the psychics like Jirachi/Reuniclus kinda/Celebi kinda, etc. Quagsire is self explanatory, unaware user is p necessary for most functional stalls. When you're using things like Umbreon you have to have super reliable answers to the fighting types that're inevitably gonna be getting free turns, hence the sand castle in the next slot to answer Terrakion and Cobalion pretty consistently as well as getting rocks up. Slowking glues the stall together pretty well as the regen pivot and Keldeo check. Weezing is pretty good in the last slot as it absorbs tspikes and kinda functions as something w/ knock off bc of corrosive gas, also checks the guts users and acts as somewhat of a wincon w/ tspikes. Sorry I didn't do nicknames but I'm certain a creative and smart user such as yourself can pop off in that front. Click the sprites for a paste >:O​

:skarmory: :umbreon: :quagsire: :palossand: :slowking: :weezing-galar:
Hello sir, wanted to take this request for some mental exercise on this fine morning I hope I suffice instead of pif. Started with skarm ofc and assumed umbreon would be the best next slot bc wish + heal beller + dark type etc etc, p much the thing people use in place of Blissey/Chansey if their tier doesn't have those fatasses, checks the psychics like Jirachi/Reuniclus kinda/Celebi kinda, etc. Quagsire is self explanatory, unaware user is p necessary for most functional stalls. When you're using things like Umbreon you have to have super reliable answers to the fighting types that're inevitably gonna be getting free turns, hence the sand castle in the next slot to answer Terrakion and Cobalion pretty consistently as well as getting rocks up. Slowking glues the stall together pretty well as the regen pivot and Keldeo check. Weezing is pretty good in the last slot as it absorbs tspikes and kinda functions as something w/ knock off bc of corrosive gas, also checks the guts users and acts as somewhat of a wincon w/ tspikes. Sorry I didn't do nicknames but I'm certain a creative and smart user such as yourself can pop off in that front. Click the sprites for a paste >:O​
that team look so fun, ty so much man ! <3

:bw/raikou:
Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
I haven't see any old gen teams yet so I'd like to request a BW team with CM Raikou. Raikou is one of the best mons in BW, and sub cm is really good, especially because it makes it more difficult to revenge with something like flygon, mienshao or hera and allows it to set up safely behind a sub w/out getting toxicd. I don't really know what to say this thing is just really good. Requesting some type of bo/balance/semistall thank u in advance :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)