Rejected - Inactive undo

sorry but rn i dont feel like typing much, but before i forget to make the post- just suggesting this possible feature.

undoing moves, so missclicks can be undone.

edit: ONLY IF THE OPPONENT ALLOWS.
like in chess, if you give a move, then if the opponent agrees, then you can take back, something similar to that.

Last edited:

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
If you mean undoing a move before the opponent selects theirs, that's already possible in formats that have the Cancel Mod.
If you mean undoing an entire turn, that allows people to completely undo a turn that doesn't go their way, which would lead to long and less competitive battles.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
If you mean undoing an entire turn, that allows people to completely undo a turn that doesn't go their way, which would lead to long and less competitive battles.
It's totally uncompetitive, but could it be something available for custom games? Maybe for people trying to replicate mechanics that require more than one or two turns but crits and rng can not go the way they expect?

If you mean undoing a move before the opponent selects theirs, that's already possible in formats that have the Cancel Mod.
it can be a thing for non-rated battles, like challenged battles, for them.

Undoing a turn means re-simulating the entire game up until that point. It would probably need to be heavily throttled if we did it.
Is that how it works? I'd assume that the simulation would be able to revert to a savestate of sorts, i.e. "Turn 42 has passed, Ditto has 252/300 health and 16 Transform PP, etc."

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
We support savestates on the server. Not on the client, which would need to replay battles from the beginning anyway, but that's less of a big deal.

It's possible to always save a save state from one turn ago. If the undo feature is used often enough, that might be worth it. If not, replaying from the beginning might still be better overall (in terms of not having the overhead from all the save states that are never used).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)