Unhealthy love for a Poke.

NO NOT IN THAT WAY YOU SICK FREAK.
So I have an unhealthy love for Toxicroak.

I must use him on my competitive teams, must.

He's not that great either. Average Speed, Average HP, Pretty good Attack. Decent resistances, horrible weaknesses. His ability is total hit or miss, I use him on a rain dance team just because it's an excuse to. The 12% HP increase in rain doesn't really matter since he's pretty fragile. He may as well have a weakness to fire, but I love when someone doesn't realize and attacks him with Waterfall or Surf. 400% weakness to Psychic definitely isn't anything to brag about, as well as a ground weakness which usually results in a ohko when hit by EQ.

So why do I love Toxicroak so much? I don't know why, I honestly saw him for the first time in the anime and since then I can't not use him. He's usually a hindrance, sometimes he gets lucky. I really should use someone better, but I can't, and I pay for it sometimes.

What unhealthy poke-love do you possess?

I'm not sure if it's an unhealthy love, as I do not need to use him, but... Tyranitar is something I would personally mention. I WANT to use him, and theoretically, he is good. But no matter how I spread his EVs, he can either not take a damn hit, or his Speed is too slow to sweep. It really is a crisis. If anything, that 50% sandstorm increase didn't make Tyranitar Uber, it gave Tyranitar something it desperately needed.

I have a couple. Mainly, I love

Sandshrew

but it doesn't survive in OU that long :[

some others being miltank, kecleon, drifloon, and spinda. Well, those are certainly healthy. I think.

Maybe I could BP some stats with Drifloon over to my focus sashed Sandshrew? :D Id win many matches!

Charizard.

I've loved him since the days of playing Red, when he and my Butterfree swept the Elite Four (they were the only things I trained). I also managed to kill Agatha's Gengar with a lvl 2 Pidgey, but that's another story.

He's hard as hell to use these days, though, and I often pay for having him in my team. He's totally outclassed by Moltres as a special attacker, so the Belly Drummer is the only way he can really go... Which forces me to have a Rapid Spinner whenever I use him, because SR fucks him up. In fact, I've built whole teams around setting him up; It works more often than it fails, but when it fails, it fails hard.

Mine is Pikachu i swear its not in my current team because its a Sandstorm team but when i use him i built my team supporting him :P Atleast he usually kills things like ppl who underestimate 2 NP Thunderbolts thinking blissey can wall it :P.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Medicham.

480 Attack, now with Choice Scarf. Only 2 weaknesses (not like its taking hits). If Belly Drum is passed to a Life Orber/more every Pokémon hit neutral is OHKOd (except Groudon, that loser). Plus it's so awesome that my head asplode.

I find that I'm partiuclarly fond of using Lati@s, which is all fine and dandy against the AI in the Frontier/Tower, but it's hard to set him aside (for Boltbeam Latios is the norm) when I'm trying to create a competitive team. I was so unprepared for the Gamestop tournament that had they banned the both Latis, I would have just walked out because ther was my main offense (I had just beat the E4 the day before, had no time to train for anything).

Spiritomb can be awesome. The Special Attacking set shown in our Analysis can wreck whole teams that aren't prepared for it, yet its Typing is as defensive as it gets; Sableye only wishes it was that good. The first Pokemon I had notable success with, Spiritomb deserves a spot on every standard team I ever make. I'd also like to breed a good one for PBR and see how it does...:naughty:

Sandslash and Cacturne for Sand Storm and Toxicroak for Rain Dance and I'm with you OP.

I really like these Pokemon because they're average, they're designed well, and they have a unique flavor to them. I don't know much what I like about Toxicroak other than its Dry Skin. I usually run mine with Sucker Punch, Cross Chop, Poison Jab and Swords Dance with the Smogon Standard.

A frog that heals in rain, what a novel concept.

Rotom. They're so cute, especially my little shiny one that I call the Red Raindrop. Does awfully in OU environments...maybe it's just me.

I love Drifblim, and I'll use any excuse to get Rhyperior on my team.

I somehow imagined this to be something from /b/ when I saw the title, ty for not making me hunt you down.

But I have major hearts for Lucario. I've just loved him since they announced his typing and I looked at his art for the first time. It was pure bliss as I saw his wolf figure and beastly dreadlocks.

Gengar. Although it may not be "unhealthy" to use, because it is actually good, but I can't stop using it. I've been wanting to try out dusknoir, but I don't want to use two ghosts, and I just have to use gengar.

Persian.

I'm a cat person and he is soo cute. Its too bad that he only has a High Speed going for him. But I dont care I'd still use him in my team.

I've come to like csheatran a lot recently. He's grown on me quite a bit, both in playstyle and in aesthetically

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
As for one I don't think I could go without having on ANY team, CBMamoswine.

As for one I've LOVED, I've never gotten over my Scyther 'fetish'. I just love the thing. I've loved it since RYB.

Err... I use Pidgeot. Like for every game... except DP. So horribly sad that it has horrid stats other than average speed. I couldn't stop using it until I got owned by anabelle in the Emerald battle tower. Using staraptor now but it isn't the same ;_;

Jolteon.

Always, as you can probably tell ahaha.
Also, Roserade, I've been trying to fit it into every team I have.

I used to love bellosom and ampharos too, a whole ton.
Not anymore though, bella I want to use but don't know how, and amphy... I just can't.

As for one I don't think I could go without having on ANY team, CBMamoswine.

As for one I've LOVED, I've never gotten over my Scyther 'fetish'. I just love the thing. I've loved it since RYB.
CBSwine is awesome possum. The ground/ice type coverage STAB is awesome and its immune to sandstorm and hail! Thats hot.

Heatran, but I still can't figure out how to use one effectively. I suck with it. I still attempt to build a team around it every once in awhile, but those teams end up being not very effective.

Froslass is on all of my teams, but i can't call this unhealthy because she works so well. She'd be a hell of alot better with levitate, though.

I like Gastrodon alot, although I still need to raise one. Nice call and design (at least with the blue one). i don't think it entirely sucks, either, but i've never seen one used competitively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)