Unicycle Mafia - Game Over! Internet wins!

For reasons stated in billy's first post, I don't necessarily feel comfortable advocating a lynch on P3. Chances are that mafia are the individuals that are being silent and hesitant to claim to me.

Heads up though: things are coming together pretty well, better than expected to be honest. I'm intent on giving the mafia factions a rough ride this game, and having these last few roles will make life easier from here on out. This is the toughest part of the game, let's overcome it! If you don't trust me, talk to me anyways.

I understand that time is ticking, approximately 40 hours from this post until deadline. To overcome a no lynch majority we need a solid lead, not hesitant guesswork. Claims will definitely help here! I have at least 2 suspects at the moment, and I will update on this if nothing new arises.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
whilst not inspecting p3 has merits, i also think inspecting him does too. either way, if we inspect him and then decide that he has a mole role, or something dodgy happens with the inspect (it is a mekkah mafia), we know where to point the finger and also something else about the game which we can factor into our later decisions.

really, cleaning some random vanillager would be far less beneficial in some cases than actually using this inspect to work out p3. of course, randhitting a mafia would always be better :)

either way, i'm not really too bothered, as long as the we get our man.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
For reasons that Veedrock has not shown any proof that he is, in fact, village, can we just give you flavor and alignment? My flavor makes it quite obvious that I'm not a monster, nor an armed person. I want to see some proof, be it a role or character name, before I disclose all my information to you.

At aqua guardian: If the animals that may or may not exist were playing against the knights of the round table, I think changing dragon to poodle would be negligible. This is more like changing 'Sir Lancelot' to 'Poodle.'

I really doubt this would be much different if I had said "I am [some character that is not a monster or a well armed man] with an inspection blocking ability". Me being a Dementor is not the only thing causing all of this.

I would think it'd be suspicious because even though it says I'm a villager, it says I'm something I did not claim (and in this case, says I'm a Dementor when I claimed to be something nice). That isn't a whole let better imo, but I guess I could be wrong.
I said that in one of my first posts (the one I first lynched you in). You claimed with a terrible character and a terrible role, asking for us to inspect you. If you had stayed silent for a while, or at least not claimed in public things would be different. You didn't attempt in any way to make your role more believable, you stood by your role again, in hopes of being inspected.

Veedrock has not given any proof that he is mafia, but he hasn't given anything to suggest he isn't (unlike p3). Trust him within reason, within reason changes for everyone.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Ffs its not rocket science, we lynch P3, worst case scenario is that he is what he says he is and we lose basically a vanilla villager with a stupid role that probably wont help us at all anyways. Best case scenario, we got a mafia. AKA im with billymills.

Lynch porygon3

Also Aura Guardian stop posting that much here we know how many votes there are, dont babysit us -.-

Edit: Except Veedrock cuz hes a big baby.

That's not really how this game is supposed to work rey and you know it.

Billy, I have since said that I don't care about being inspected. It's like you're just looking at my first few posts or something and interpreting them however you want. I mean I understand you're not willing to change your opinion about me here but really did you not see anything I have said recently?

I'm shocked anyone is following you here, your argument against me is pretty silly. There are even other people defending me and you're just ignoring everything and still insisting I am asking for inspection. I really wonder if you believe what you are saying or if you are just so determined to get me lynched.

You have uhhh... Shade and Veedrock standing by you.

Shade states that there's some positives from inspecting you, but ignores the possibility that you simply have an altered role PM.

Veedrock thinks you're joking.

You're backtracking. You're on the defensive. You're retracting what you said originally, but it's not that easy. You said what you did originally for a reason, when I thought it made you suspicious, you can't just pretend like it never happened.

Don't think you have everyone defending you, don't think my argument isn't valid. I definitely believe what I'm saying, and I'm also determined to get you lynched.

I trust Veedrock so far, if only from what I've heard on IRC.
My role, by the way, is Jane from the Enderverse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_Game_(series)

In short, a bunch of aliens (Formics) invade and try to destroy Earth. The new International (space) Fleet raises child geniuses to destroy the Foromics. Ender succeeds very well, but in the process, the Formic Hive Queens stretch out and create a pattern, a bridge, to allow them to take over Ender. Ender is able to resist, and destroys them. The pattern was created through Ender's computer, and so forget finding me on the Internet. My role is the Internet.

Mekkah, however, seems to have merely skimmed wikipedia/book reviews/whatever. His loss. However, he is right in that I've been mostly shut down. However, I have a glimmer of hope here:

<snip>
01[19:56] <Aura_Guardian> Since I'm Jane from the Enderverse, are there any other characters from there?
[19:57] <Mekkah> i can neither confirm nor deny this.
01[19:57] <Aura_Guardian> That's an interesting answer
[19:57] <Mekkah> if i wanted you to know i'd put it in your role pm!
<snip>

Mekkah later mentioned he had no idea what the Enderverse is, so I tell you now that it is the world of the Andrew "Ender" Wiggin/Julian "Bean" Delphiki books and the fandom.

Anyway, look up Ender Wiggin on wikipedia, then find the link for Jane and you can find a great summary of my role, minus my power. That will wait until someone is clean.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ffs its not rocket science, we lynch P3, worst case scenario is that he is what he says he is and we lose basically a vanilla villager with a stupid role that probably wont help us at all anyways. Best case scenario, we got a mafia. AKA im with billymills.
But if pory3 really is a villager (which I kinda doubt, but there's always that chance) and he does have that inspection-blocking ability, does that imply that the mafia factions probably have inspectors?

Mafia factions typically have an inspector, 2 of bodyguard, hooker, silencer, persuader, martyr, and something random. Course this is a Mekkah mafia, expect something different, it's also unicycle, but I don't know how that affects anything.

Mafia inspectors are relatively common, but I don't think'd be a good idea to tell porygon3 the location of the bodyguard etc. like Aura Guardian suggests even if he does appear clean on inspection.

also lol at that mekkah/aura guardian convo.

We really dont need 4 village leaders imo
Uh... Billymills, Porygon3, Veedrock, and me? Pory3 is dubious (still not voting), Veedrock is half-dubious, Billymills I don't trust (cahoots with Porygon3, perhaps? I see a fall guy.) As for me:

<Veedrock> I hate to do this to you but I'm pretty sure you're going to have to be my backup
<Veedrock> I'm bound to die c1

I think that clears it up a bit.

EDIT: BECAUSE THERE IS SOME CONFUSION: I'm not claiming leader, and this is if Veedrock is cleaned. Contingency, nothing else.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
No it doesnt, do you seriously expect that Veedrock saying "YOU WILL BE MY BACKUP WHEN I DIE" gets you any trust? You arent any cleaner than the 22 other players in that list and rushing things so much and trying to get control of village on c1 when nobody knows anything about anyone isnt helping you at all. If ANYTHING, if you really want to be village leader and go all "I WAS VILLAGE LEADER IN MY FIRST FORUM MAFIA YEEEEAH" (because thats what it seems you want to tbh), at LEAST wait for C2 to come when we will have at least a bit of an idea of some roles.

Altair

just who is the coon?
lynch porygon3

Ok honestly I am unable to believe that a villager would have a character that could be allied with both mafias and a mafia ability.

Worst case scenario we hit a useless villager (sorry p3) and our inspect can focus on finding mafia instead of cleaning people.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
haha, i just realized that I never actually posted to lynch porygon3... lynch the false evolution of porygon2.

Edit: I'm really not sure about this lynch, but lynch is better than no lynch, no?

He did not fake that log. He is the inspector, as such leading responsibilities are on his shoulders. This does not mean he has to go it alone or even make a majority of the decisions. He's not trying to play the hero and (no offense) I'm not completely comfortable with him leading right off because of his experience level. It only gets worse by not providing him with the most complete information possible.

We need the bodyguard to claim as soon as they read this. Please do not remain secret and assume you know the proper course of action tonight; you'll be a greater asset if I can contact you directly. Rey, your hesitance to claim and your immediate accusations of those around you are really pushing my buttons, as you are one of my suspects at the moment. Your reason for lynching P3 can be applied right back to you based on the skim details you've provided and it's pretty tempting right now.

No it doesnt, do you seriously expect that Veedrock saying "YOU WILL BE MY BACKUP WHEN I DIE" gets you any trust? You arent any cleaner than the 22 other players in that list and rushing things so much and trying to get control of village on c1 when nobody knows anything about anyone isnt helping you at all. If ANYTHING, if you really want to be village leader and go all "I WAS VILLAGE LEADER IN MY FIRST FORUM MAFIA YEEEEAH" (because thats what it seems you want to tbh), at LEAST wait for C2 to come when we will have at least a bit of an idea of some roles.
What I meant was, I'm not claiming leader. I'm saying that IF Veedrock is cleaned and is decided on as leader, then that is relevant. I talked to you on IRC and don't give me your IRC flim-flam that we don't care about "if." "If" is everything. Deny that, and you deny logic. Logic is what we need. And anyway, you have horribly misconstrued what I'm doing.

You threatened to lynch me if I don't prove my power. You also threatened Veedrock. I highly doubt you. I'll make that clear.

And 22 others? someone is leaving himself out. Swift unity is preferrable, of course, but Cycle 2, when Veedrock is clean (if an inspector targets him), or if I'm clean by proving my role.

I trust Veedrock. I do not trust you. You will know when I trust you.

That will be when I clean you.
My role is Jane, I get name and alliance.
If the BG could protect me, please, I'll be glad to prove my roll next cycle.
pseudo-inspect
powers limited, but still useful.

reyscarface

World Defender
Of course I left someone out, and that person is porygon3 because there is a solid reason to not believe him.

As for "logic", YOUR logic is the stupid one. "FOLLOW MEEEE IM CLEAN" dude seriously I have told you this at least 1000000 times, we dont need fucking contingency plans on c1. C1 is all fucking rands, after c1 ends, THEN start constructing the god damn contingency plan. As for me threatening to lynch you, of course I will try to direct a lynch on you if you dont prove the power you claimed to me, telling me to not lynch you if you fucked up badly is the most retarded thing ever. Now, if you are what you claim, I will gladly follow you, because THEN there will be some evidence that you _may_ be a village player, but until that its just better if you stopped creating "contingency plans" that probably wont work now that Veedrock and you exposed it completely.

I trust Veedrock. I do not trust you. You will know when I trust you.
I trust noone. I do not trust you. You will know when I trust you.

reyscarface

World Defender
Your reason for lynching P3 can be applied right back to you based on the skim details you've provided and it's pretty tempting right now.
I did not claim a monster that may or may not exist or any other terrible claim for that matter. Hell I havent even claimed because im not comfortable with claiming c1, nobody should claim c1 because nobody knows nothing. Oh and telling Aura Guardian to stop playing the martyr here is making me suspicious? Oh of course, someone wants to stop the village to claim to you until we have solid proof of you being good and hes instantly mafia right? As I said before, I dont trust anyone yet (YET, KEY WORD HERE IS YET), and I will not trust anyone until solid proof is shown, aka C2.

As for you wanting the BG to claim:

BG DO NOT CLAIM TO THEM, REMEMBER MAFIA HAS INSPECTORS AND ALL THAT JAZZ WE ARE NOT SURE THEY ARE CLEAN.

Veedrock all you need is the BG to protect Aura Guardian, and if thats what you want, sure, BG protecting him is a good idea, now asking him to claim... thats very dumb and seriously it makes you look bad because a player (this applies even more if he/she is not clean) should ask for protection if the role merits it but not for an instant claim because it doesnt make any difference on you surviving if the bg claims to you or not. AGAIN I REPEAT, after one of you is "cleaned", I completely agree on you getting the "leadership" and all the claims, but until that, im not taking any risks, do realize that I could call this a "contingency plan" like you say, Aura Guardian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)