Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

How do I play Almost any ability? I can't go to any ability other the abilities that the pokemon naturally gets.

Hi I found a bug very irritating that is. I found that the app cannot register the move Frustration with 0 friendship. It says it does in teambuilder but when playing. My kang always does 0 damage. Lost lots of ladder points though. LOL
Thanks!

I have a question reguarding the hackmon metagame: Are you planning on making it possible to give pokemon any abilities if the team is built with the "balanced hackmon" or other battle types? If so, great. If not, please consider it!

First, I want to say thank you to the developers of this app for making this thing come to life. The hard work is much appreciated! I have always played PO because of the android app, which allowed me to play pokemon on the go. Now that PS has an app and a bigger community, the switch seems to be logical.

That being said, there are a few things that PO mobile offers that this app does not that prevents me from fully switching. These are meant to be suggestions, and not complaints, as the app is already quite functional.

- Portrait mode - landscape on a phone is always a bit awkward for me, and portrait is more comfortable to hold.
- Always visible battle log - having to tap the log button then tap out every turn is somewhat of a hassle. This is where the portrait mode can shine, using a similar setup like PO. Also, a small bug to note, the damage percentage done to the player's pokemon always displays as 0% in the log.

That's it really, other than that, this app is great, really great. The built in move/item/poke/ability-dex are awesome, as well as the built in damage calculator.

Again, thanks for making this app guys, keep up the good work!

Vitoran

formerly Barbows
Just found out about the app! It is amazing(or at least was until an issue happened)

I have already read something on this thread about the issue I'm having but I couldn't find an answer, so I'm asking it anyway

I chose an username and a password, but as soon as my internet connection got bad, I kinda logged out immediately and when I got back, I had to choose an username again, but it wouldn't log in back to my first username. So I chose another and it happened again!

Now both usernames show 'this username has already been registered' and when I input the password the log in box goes away but I don't log in, as soon as I try to find a battle, my username is asked again.

i'm not keen on choosing different names every time I log in, so can anyone help me? I feel like there should be a simple stupid answer for this and I just haven't thought of it yet!(plus, the bug report button says 'no bugs to report')

EDIT: the second time I tried opening the file, it asked for an update, I accepted it and now it won't even open anymore D:

Last edited:
Just found out about the app! It is amazing(or at least was until an issue happened)

I have already read something on this thread about the issue I'm having but I couldn't find an answer, so I'm asking it anyway

I chose an username and a password, but as soon as my internet connection got bad, I kinda logged out immediately and when I got back, I had to choose an username again, but it wouldn't log in back to my first username. So I chose another and it happened again!

Now both usernames show 'this username has already been registered' and when I input the password the log in box goes away but I don't log in, as soon as I try to find a battle, my username is asked again.

i'm not keen on choosing different names every time I log in, so can anyone help me? I feel like there should be a simple stupid answer for this and I just haven't thought of it yet!(plus, the bug report button says 'no bugs to report')

EDIT: the second time I tried opening the file, it asked for an update, I accepted it and now it won't even open anymore D:
If you can find the task manager on your phone have it close the application. Then reopen it. Otherwise the best solution I came up with is to reboot your phone. Granted not an ideal solution but effective.

So, I've been having issues connecting to the servers when using the wifi at my work, but no issue when using my LTE. I know we have most ports blocked in our router here, so does anyone know what port this app is using? We have 80 and 443 open.

Known Bugs:
* If application is left in the background for a while, connection is lost and won't reconnect when coming back (need to reset app)
* Bug when team has multiple pokemons of the same species. So Anything Goes doesn't really work
* Form changes for Aegislash, Castform etc. not displayed correctly
* Baton Pass passes on status

Requested Features:
* Concurrent battles
* Private challenges, private messages
* Parse HTML in Community Lounge
* Replays
* Showdown's settings
how do i receive PM in this app ?

Loving this app but there are a few annoyances.

First off, if you ever get into a 1v1 situation in VGC (haven't tested normal doubles yet) you can only use multi target moves or moves like Protect because when you select a single target attacking move it does not give the option for who you want to attack and the timer still counts down. [You can recreate this by playing normal VGC16 and purposely getting into a 1v1]

Secondly, if you use a move like Psych Up or Transform on a teammate you use the move on the opponent (pretty sure it's always the opponent on the left if you are facing them). [You can recreate this by going into a VGC16 battle with a pokemon like Smeargle with Transform, you transform and select your partner.]

Thirdly, if you use Worry Seed on Mega Rayquaza it gains Insomnia, which is correct, but if it switches out and switches back in it will still say it has Insomnia but the battle log would still say something about Delta Stream and I'm pretty sure all the Delta Stream effects where in place. I haven't had a chance to recreate this so I'm not sure if it would happen again or if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Sorry if this was not the correct place to post this or if these bugs are already known or even patched and I've been playing on an outdated version of the app, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Anyway. That's what I've found thus far.

Yo TeToN the app has been working flawlessly for a while now but I've had trouble with the damage calculator recently. Strangely enough it seems it doesn't take abilities into account at times. For example when calcing crawdaunts crabhammer vs florges, I get the same results both with and without adaptability. On the other hand huge power never seems to be a problem when calcing azumarill. So idk which other abilities(if any) aren't taken into consideration when calculating damage. Hope you're not too busy to find a solution and thanks for everything so far :]

Since yesterday i can't megaevolve any pokemon. I've tried in Random battle, unrated random, OU and Ubers, in none of these i can megaevolve a pokemon. Haven't tested in other tiers yet.
I've tried by reloggin, closing the app and opening it, and even desintall and install Showdown again but nothing changed.. hope you can fix it is annoying :(
There's a image of the problem

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)