Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I also frequently receive the JSON error when playing rated OU battles. It has made the app unusable, as I can do nothing except let the battle time out (and lose) when it happens. I don't know if the app has been updated or not since then, but I cannot install the newest APK. It just says "app not installed" when I try, with no error message.

Syberia That JSON error is really strange. I have never got it on my Android device. Im hoping it's not device-based problem. For the newest apk, have you tried uninstalling the previous version?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes, I tried that and it worked. I haven't gotten to battle with it to see if the JSON error is still there or not.

sasha the master

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this has been already reported or discussed but I can't seen to get into any room beside Lobby
When I press "room" a white band appears and it's practically stuck on the screen and doesn't move or anything
So is that a bug or something under development or its my phone ?

Not sure if this has been already reported or discussed but I can't seen to get into any room beside Lobby
When I press "room" a white band appears and it's practically stuck on the screen and doesn't move or anything
So is that a bug or something under development or its my phone ?
Yeah. Chat support is in development. Probably mostly just crafting a gui for it since earlier builds had the ability to join any official room

Alright thanks! It's a shame though, considering I have version 2.1 on my Android and I'm not sure whether I want to update (or if I even CAN upgrade my Android). Anyways nice work on the app!
My phone only supports Android 4.0.6, so that really sucks for me. xD

My phone only supports Android 4.0.6, so that really sucks for me. xD
You could always flash your device. Most devices can run higher versions, but the provider just never releases the update.

Also, any news on when an update will come?

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
A few problems I've had:
-Random freezes if the app's used too long
-If you lock your screen or minimize the app, you can no longer click on moves or switch pokemon
-Nothing stating if moves are illegal, which is more of a nuisance than anything. Not sure if actually a glitch or just something you haven't implemented yet.
-Hidden Power's typing in battle appears as Normal regardless of what it is, although the HP appears to be correct in functionality.
That's it off the top of my head, other than the obvious stuff that you haven't implemented up, great effort n_n

A few problems I've had:
-If you lock your screen or minimize the app, you can no longer click on moves or switch pokemon
-Nothing stating if moves are illegal, which is more of a nuisance than anything. Not sure if actually a glitch or just something you haven't implemented yet.
-Hidden Power's typing in battle appears as Normal regardless of what it is, although the HP appears to be correct in functionality.
That's it off the top of my head, other than the obvious stuff that you haven't implemented up, great effort n_n
I've had a similar problems. I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but the app regularly stops working (displays "Showdown has stopped running") when I lock/unlock.

This is a great project, though; keep up the good work!

hi im new here
im very happy to find this app
but i have some issue about trainier login
lets say i use "aaa" as trainer name but on the other day i tried to login as "aaa" but its said someone already use this name
i forced to make new trainer and lets said it was "bbb" and same thing happen
i dont know what causing this problem
i hope this app have a better login system like using google+ or the classic pc online game using ID and password
if we can choose trainer avatar it would be nice

hi im new here
lets say i use "aaa" as trainer name but on the other day i tried to login as "aaa" but its said someone already use this name
i hope this app have a better login system like using google+ or the classic pc online game using ID and password
Note down your passwords

Hey Smogon, brave bird and hurricane do not work on the app, both skip the select target phase and nothing happens after using either of the two

Latest .apk file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2I090TojaggRzhORU1VUjVLdWM/view?usp=sharing
To install Showdown, enable Security > Unknown Sources, then download and install the above .apk file on your Android device

Announcement #2:

Announcement #1:

https://github.com/NamTThai/PokemonShowdownAndroidClient

Showdown App is out in the Play Store! It's relatively stable now that I'm confident for a beta release. Though, take a look at known bugs below to be aware of its current limitations.

Huge shout out to TeToN and Lazloz for your contributions!

System Requirements:

Compatible with Android 4.1 and up.

This app is currently designed for small 5" phones, and maybe 7" tablets. If you have larger chopping board then you're probably better off with Showdown web app.

Battling:

Ranbats work fine for me, similarly for most Single battles. Haven't caught any serious bug for random doubles yet. You can only play one battle at a time for now.

A dialog with available moves with show up at the bottom of the screen. Switching is done by tapping the switch button on the top left corner of the following dialog. During teampreview, you get this dialog by tapping the big sprites. During normal battle, you get this dialog by taping the small icons on the left panel

Important note:
* Battling doesn't work for VGC (yet), or any other battle type that requires you to pick a sub-team (e.g. bring 6 pick 4)
* Don't navigate away from app during battle. You won't be able to get back (not yet).
* The app is currently unlikely to crash. If it fails to behave and you wanna finish the battle, tap on the Tag icon to get room id and finish the battle in your device's browser.

Utility:
Pokedex and Damage Calculator are available for your convenience.

Important note:
* Only open Pokedex and/or DmgCalc after all the animations and before you select your actions, like the one below. Otherwise, strange behaviors might happen. I'm working hard to fix this.

Teambuilding:

Beside basic teambuilding, this app supports importing teams by pastebin or QR code. Here's a web app to convert team to QR code: http://lazloz.de:9080/ShowdownExport/

Tap on the blue frame on the right to increment by 1 :) Majority of stuffs with blue fame and light blue background are clickable, try it out.

Community Lounge:

P/S: Showdown staffs and contributors who wish to be included in this app's credit, plz PM me with ur picture :)

Update: we are working on fix for the JSONException pop-up that people are seeing. An update will be ready when that is fixed.

hi im new here
Thank you for your input :) The Android application doesn't allow you to register yet but you can register on the web application

A few problems I've had:
Thank you for your input :) Those freezes are unintended and we are working hard to fix them one by one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)