Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

How to download and install:
(1) Step 1: Enable installation from Unknown sources by going to Settings > Security > Unknown sources
(2) Step 2: Go this this link: http://ns3367227.ip-37-187-3.eu/showdown/ and download file "current.apk" to your phone. File size is about 5.5MB.
(3) Step 3: Open the downloaded .apk file to install the application.

Showdown! (beta) 1.1.0 available with many improvements:
* Provide update notification whenever a new version is available
* Fix various freezes and the dreaded JSONException bug
* User can safely navigate away from battle during the match
* Join Smogon Tournament server available
* VGC battle available
I loved the in app update. I can finally other rooms. Battling is smooth. Only thing I feel is lacking is landscape support for chat, otherwise the app is golden. I haven't experienced any crashes or bugs so far.

If you can't get the apk to isntall for whatever reason, just uninstall the old app. (this will lose you all you teams, so back them up first:))

Keep in mind that the app only requires internet and access to SD card (to download the update when necessary).

Last edited:

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Nice, a new update! good job
Although I've had a few crashes from it, for example, if I try to go to another chatroom and go to the battle field, it crashes, and it's still not possible to use commands in chat and change avatars. But other than that, it's looking good so far.

I'll update this as I keep experimenting it
EDIT: Just as nitpic but it would be cool if it was possible to flip switch screen as you turn your android device
EDIT 2: In battle, when trying to make a switch, it sends out the wrong Mon, except the one in the 1st spot of the team

Last edited:
Nice, a new update! good job
Although I've had a few crashes from it, for example, if I try to go to another chatroom and go to the battle field, it crashes, and it's still not possible to use commands in chat and change avatars. But other than that, it's looking good so far.

I'll update this as I keep experimenting it
Reproduced, will look into a fix.

EDIT : Fixed, will probably be up in the next version!

Thanks for the report

Last edited:
Reproduced, will look into a fix.

EDIT : Fixed, will probably be up in the next version!

Thanks for the report
All
How to download and install:
(1) Step 1: Enable installation from Unknown sources by going to Settings > Security > Unknown sources
(2) Step 2: Go this this link: http://ns3367227.ip-37-187-3.eu/showdown/ and download file "current.apk" to your phone. File size is about 5.5MB.
(3) Step 3: Open the downloaded .apk file to install the application.

Showdown! (beta) 1.1.0 available with many improvements:
* Provide update notification whenever a new version is available
* Fix various freezes and the dreaded JSONException bug
* User can safely navigate away from battle during the match
* Join Smogon Tournament server available
* VGC battle available
* Automatic log in
* Account registration
aLl i get when i open the new app is show down has stopped working

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
The battle backgrounds have disappeared

Also, it might be me or the server but, the battles are running a bit slower, as in, command response.

But, thanks for the update, and keep up the good work.

I'll keep editing this post, if I find something else.

Update up.
The battle backgrounds have disappeared

Also, it might be me or the server but, the battles are running a bit slower, as in, command response.

But, thanks for the update, and keep up the good work.

I'll keep editing this post, if I find something else.
PS Servers were pretty slow yesterday.
Glad to see that the updater works.
We'll look for the battle background bug.

Current 1.1.1 buglist is :
- VGC sometimes doesnt work (Fixed, awaiting merge)
- Triples icons are not set correctly

- And those disappearing backgrounds (cant seem to reproduce?)
- Two or more same species not working

Will update the list when more bugs are found/fixed.

EDIT: We are looking for an web artist/wizard to make us a nice stylesheet and download page.

Last edited:
After I've downloaded the apk and opened it i can't click on install for some reason. any ideas? I have uninstalled the old version

For anyone who hasn't got an Android device, there is a new Google Chrome extension called ARC Welder which lets you run android apps on your PC. I've been testing the showdown app and it seems to install and run correctly. I've managed to watch part of a game so far, so it looks good!

You need to enable Unknown Sources in Settings > Security > Unknown sources
Sorry. Should have mentioned that I already did that. Still doesn't work :s

Edit: Nevermind. Working now even though I didn't change anything.

Last edited:
Update up.

PS Servers were pretty slow yesterday.
Glad to see that the updater works.
We'll look for the battle background bug.

Current 1.1.1 buglist is :
- VGC sometimes doesnt work
- Triples icons are not set correctly

Both of these are fixed and awaiting merging in the main branch, then a new version will be pushed

- And those disappearing backgrounds

Will update the list when more bugs are found/fixed.

EDIT: We are looking for an web artist/wizard to make us a nice stylesheet and download page.
Also a team with 2 oe more of the same specie donesnt work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)