Usage-Based Tier Update for July 2018 (jk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
Let Arcanine die in peace, ffs. Who the hell is still using it in UU and why?
Beginners that don't know better.

Seriously, Arcanine NEEDS to drop. It is way too bad in UU right now. I'd see it have some use in lower tiers since it has a good movepool that can hit bulky Waters with Wild Charge, come in on Fire attacks with Flash Fire, and recovery with Morning Sun but it'll likely be outdone by Entei in RU or Incineroar in NU.

Beginners that don't know better.

Seriously, Arcanine NEEDS to drop. It is way too bad in UU right now. I'd see it have some use in lower tiers since it has a good movepool that can hit bulky Waters with Wild Charge, come in on Fire attacks with Flash Fire, and recovery with Morning Sun but it'll likely be outdone by Entei in RU or Incineroar in NU.
not really, it would be better than both of them

Arcanine can choose between Flash Fire (being an actual Ninetales offensive switch in on RU, for example) or Intimidate. It's speed, bulk, and power is very similar to Entei's, while having superior coverage movepool compared to it, boasting Close Combat and Wild Charge to beat Rock- and Water-type resists. Not having those juicy Sacred Fire Burns isn't cool, but the extra coverage is definitely worth it. On top of it, Arcanine can do almost the same as Incineroar while having recovery (though not having U-turn or Knock Off hurts a bit) and can even be a cleaner with Agility.

tldr arcanine is broken

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
not really, it would be better than both of them

Arcanine can choose between Flash Fire (being an actual Ninetales offensive switch in on RU, for example) or Intimidate. It's speed, bulk, and power is very similar to Entei's, while having superior coverage movepool compared to it, boasting Close Combat and Wild Charge to beat Rock- and Water-type resists. Not having those juicy Sacred Fire Burns isn't cool, but the extra coverage is definitely worth it. On top of it, Arcanine can do almost the same as Incineroar while having recovery (though not having U-turn or Knock Off hurts a bit) and can even be a cleaner with Agility.

tldr arcanine is broken
Good points. I forgot about all of those. I'm typing after working almost all day in 100 degree weather and with a fried brain. Lol. That and I'm a tad biased based on this generation. It's easy for me to forget all of those great values it can give to lower tiers.

Yeah, the point is Arcanine would still be so much better if it dropped already. Hell, it might be the new best Fire-type in RU.

It might be low ladder trying to deal with scizor - "oh look it's a fire type with intimidate and recovery let's use it to deal with this annoying metal bug that's on almost every team!!!"
I think the original poster was being facetious and rhetorical. Everyone knows why low ladder thinks Arcanine is "good"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)