Programming USUM Random Battles/Monotype Random Battles Damage Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

EDIT: This is now superseded by the calc available at pokemonshowdown.com/calc. Please post any bugs that you find here

============================================================================================
GEN 7 RANDBATS/MONORANDBATS DAMAGE CALCULATOR
by LegoFigure11 and Wigglytuff
(click the image or here to go to the calc)
============================================================================================
note:
We've recently had a large number of huge game-changing updates courtesy of The Immortal. There will be changes to fix the problems caused by these huge changes, changes to fix the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the huge changes, changes to fix the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the huge changes, and changes to fix the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the huge change.

For the time being, I'm going to hold off on updating the calc until the dust settles. There have been radical changes to ability and item generation, along with movepools and move generation, so consider the calc inaccurate. If, for some reason, you're playing on an older build of PS, it'll work just dandy so I'll leave it up for that.

====
After a lot of hard work, Lego and I are proud to present the USUM Randbats + Monorandbats Damage Calc! The Randbats Damage Calc takes out a lot of the hassle that comes with calcing damage in Gen 7 Random Battles + Gen 7 Monotype Random Battles, such as having to enter the level of each specific Pokemon and inputting 85 EVs for all relevant stats. All of those details are preloaded into the calc, only requiring the user to select the moves and items from a list specific to each Pokemon. It's no Amazon one-click ordering, but the process is much more streamlined for the user!

Find any issues with the calc, such as a Pokemon getting a move that's not listed in the calc, or a Pokemon/the calc not working, or a Pokemon's level not being right, or something else? Let us know with a reply to the thread!

• Open the calc and give it a second to load.
  • Under "Pokemon 1," select the Pokemon in your battle.
  • Go down under "Status" to the Ability Pool. If a Pokemon has multiple abilities in Random Battles, you can click the ability that you want to assign to Pokemon 1.
  • Go down under "Ability Pool" to the Item Pool. If a Pokemon has multiple items in Random Battles, you can click the item that you want to assign to Pokemon 2.
  • Go down under "HP" to the moves and the Damaging Move Pool. By default, a Pokemon's four highest BP moves will be loaded onto the calc, but you can click the moves in the Damaging Move Pool to assign it to the Pokemon being calced.
  • Repeat for "Pokemon 2."
  • Mark any relevant details in the middle panel, such as weather conditions or terrains.
  • Improving the prioritization of automatic ability selection
  • Load time
  • Being able to click mon's moves from the movepool This is finished!
  • OLD GENS
  • Load time
Jan. 26th, 2019: Initial release
Feb. 15th, 2019: Update #1
Mar. 9th, 2019: Update #2
Mar. 12th, 2019: Update #2.5
Mar. 29th, 2019: Update #3
Apr. 7th, 2019: Update #4
Apr. 21st, 2019: Update #5
June 9th, 2019: Update #5.5

Credits

LegoFigure11: Without Lego and his expertise in code, the calc would have been released in a much inferior state and much too late to be relevant. Biggest thanks to him for significantly accelerating the rate of progress on this project!

Pokeblade101: Dude singlehandedly compiled a list of all of the abilities and items of all the Pokemon in rands @_@. Awesome job!

ACakeWearingAHat: Cake's extensive knowledge of the format has helped to ensure the most elaborate of details (such as the specific EV spread for a Special Celesteela vs. a Physical Celesteela) are reflected in the calc. Very moist!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wigglytuff

Very cool! I'd love to see this expanded to include old gen randbats as well eventually. It's gonna be hard to go back to putting in all those 85 EVs manually for old gens once I get used to using this for gen 7!
It's certainly feasible for Gen 6 and Gen 5; those are built into the BSSF calc I based this off of. The bulk of the time for those would just be spent inputting the mons into the calc and determining items/abilities. I'll definitely consider expanding to Gen 6 and 5, not sure what I'd do after that.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Very cool! I'd love to see this expanded to include old gen randbats as well eventually. It's gonna be hard to go back to putting in all those 85 EVs manually for old gens once I get used to using this for gen 7!
The backend has most of the support for past gens (+LGPE!) in place already, we'd just need a compilation of all the movepools/abilities/items in the other gens and they could very easily be added.

Wigglytuff

The backend has most of the support for past gens (+LGPE!) in place already, we'd just need a compilation of all the movepools/abilities/items in the other gens and they could very easily be added.
I suppose Gens 1-3 wouldn't be bad either in terms of items/abilities since some of those don't even have items/abils lol

Wigglytuff

Updated to now reflect January's tier changes (yes i know its mid february), Vanilluxe's ban from NU, addition of two mons (Slowbro, Togedemaru) that didn't have sets, and moveset changes made since release.

Super fast update today: recently, ZU was more or less added and pushed the levels of former (PU) mons up 1. Just added those in, along with some Pokemon that didn't have sets (mr. Mime and Torkoal).

Last edited:
Silvally Multi Attack appears to be incorrectly defaulting to Normal type for all forms of Silvally, which means without manually changing it the damage calc won't factor in STAB or type effectiveness properly.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Silvally Multi Attack appears to be incorrectly defaulting to Normal type for all forms of Silvally, which means without manually changing it the damage calc won't factor in STAB or type effectiveness properly.
Good catch, fixed!

85 Atk Silvally-Dark Multi-Attack vs. 85 HP / 85 Def Mew: 174-206 (63.5 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
85 Atk Silvally-Dark (Custom Move) vs. 85 HP / 85 Def Mew: 58-69 (21.1 - 25.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Worth noting it'll still display as Normal when you view the move info down the bottom, but the new type will be factored into calculations.

e: Also fixed Techno Blast, which had the same issue

Last edited:

Wigglytuff

Super fast update today: recently, ZU was more or less added and pushed the levels of former (PU) mons up 1. Just added those in, along with some Pokemon that didn't have sets (mr. Mime and Torkoal).
TI reverted this change and hasn't given me a definitive answer on whether the reversion is permanent. For the time being, I've reverted my implementation of ZU levels (untiered mons being L84); we'll see if the change comes back.

edit: yeah this was added back :/ untiered mons will be l84 in the calc soon (tm)
edit 2: untiered mons should be l84

in the works: formes as soon as i can figure out how to do them :X

last time i tried, was an insta-revert. hopefully this attempt will go better!

Last edited:

Wigglytuff

Update #2: In an attempt to emulate Honko's damagecalc, which most if not all users used originally, I've essentially made formes into different mons. What this means is that instead of having a mon and its mega as 2 sets under the original mon, they are now totally different mons.

This affected:
  • All Megas
  • Meloetta and Meloetta-P
  • Primals
  • Necrozma-DM, Necrozma-DW, Necrozma-Ultra
  • Zygarde-50%, Zygarde-10%, Zygarde-Complete
  • Greninja-Ash
I misspelled "Charizard" and broke its set, please let me know if there are other cases where similar mistakes were made.

in the works: idk actually, maybe i'll go back to working on oldgens @_@

Hello! This is my first post on smogon forums. I just wanted to say that I just encountered a Heatran that did not have Air Balloon (and I know it wasn't Zoroark because I won and there was no Zoroark on their team). However, the item pool for the default Heatran from the dropdown menu only lists Air Balloon. I also don't know what the item was because I OHKOd it. Replay available upon request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)