Tournament UU Community Pool Tournament - WON BY NAVIII 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far we have 26 sign ups - need 8 more for a perfect 32 and a perfect bracket! OR 1,012 more sign ups to match the Official Smogon OST Tournament that is happening concurrently to this one! Tell all of your friends and moms to sign up!

Also, more importantly, I will be releasing the Round 1 Community Pool a few days before sign ups close, so you can start teambuilding.

Keep signing up below! Signups will remain open until January 14th. And remember: we are all winners! (except for the people that lose)

• Haha
Reactions: TMM
ATTENTION ALL RANGERS! WE HAVE RECEIVED TOP SECRET INFORMATION FROM COROCORO MAGAZINE REGARDING THE POOL FOR THE FIRST ROUND!

Our spies in Mongolia have uncovered that THESE are going to be the 10 UU Mons available to all participants in Round 1 of this Community Pool Tournament!

1610506014565.png

For those who have a SmartFridge and can't open the image, the Round 1 Community Pool Pokemon are:

Alakazam :Alakazam: , Chansey :Chansey: , Kyurem :Kyurem: , Latias :Latias: , Mamoswine :Mamoswine: , Mew :Mew: , Ninetales-Alola :Ninetales-Alola: , Scizor :Scizor: , Tangrowth :Tangrowth: , Tapu Bulu :Tapu Bulu: .

For those who do better reading on line by line basis instead of paragraph form:

Alakazam :Alakazam:
Chansey :Chansey:
Kyurem :Kyurem:
Latias :Latias:
Mamoswine :Mamoswine:
Mew :Mew:
Ninetales-Alola :Ninetales-Alola:
Scizor :Scizor:
Tangrowth :Tangrowth:
Tapu Bulu :Tapu Bulu:

NO OTHER UU POKEMON CAN BE USED IN THE FIRST ROUND BESIDES THESE 10!!!!!
You will be auto DQ if you violate this so be very careful when building your team and don't accidentally forget that Zeraora is UU and not ZU-Minus for example. (note: Zeraora is UU and not RU/NU/PU/ZU/ZU-Minus, and is not in the pool, so you cannot use it).

EDIT: Update to the rules because there was confusion: RUBL mons are BANNED and you cannot use them. They have a chance to be rolled into future pools though.

SIGN UPS ARE STILL OPEN FOR TWO MORE DAYS!!! So, you can still sign up below to be included in this awesome tournament made possible by Kellogg's Raisin Bran Crunch.

Within 24-48 hours after signups close, I will release the matchups for the first round. Remember: The Pool resets after the first round, so don't fall in love with your Round 1 team and marry it for the entire tournament.

Last edited:
UPDATE TO THE RULES BECAUSE THERE WAS SOME CONFUSION:

RUBL mons are banned, and I will roll for them in future pools to have a chance of being in the pool.

(There's only 4 RUBL mons anyways: Scolipede, Venusaur, Diggersby, Haxorus. Those are all BANNED for R1, but have a chance to be rolled into the R2 pool and beyond)

edit: Also Moute you are never too late :blobthumbsup:

We currently have 40 people signed up for the tournament!

After then, I will close sign ups unless we have an odd number of signups - in that situation, I will wait for one more sign up to make it even, and anyone after that can be a sub. (btw I have no idea how subs work so good luck if you do that).

Matchups for R1 will be likely posted on Friday or late tomorrow.

Also, remember this is BEST OF ONE, it is NOT Best of Three. So, don't make 3 teams expecting 3 fights. Just make your one dream team. Good luck!

Also, I have submitted the sign ups to the International Olympic Committee in Lausanne, Switzerland, and they have determined that we can only have 32 participants and 9 subs. They also presented me with the Official UU Community Pool Charter Rules, which enacts the "5/8 clause" establishing that the first 20 that signed up are automatically included, and the remaining 12 will be randomized from the last 21 that signed up.

If you are not included in the 32 participants, you will be a sub, and most likely we will have several subs needed if people are not responsive in Round 1.

Once I release the bracket, participants will have 48 hours to either post on your opponents wall, or 48 hours to reply to their opponents post. If you do not do this within 48 hours to schedule then you will be CANCELED and replaced with a random sub. Then the sub will have 48 hours to do the same.

Good luck amigos and enemigos.

ROUND 1 IS UP!

ROUND 1 WILL END ON SUNDAY JANUARY 24 @ 11:59 PM GMT-5, SO GET YOUR FIGHT IN BEFORE THAT!

Matchups:

WMAR  vs  bb skarm
SubZeroMartin  vs  Bad feeling Mygrein
Amukamara  vs  TMM
SanJl  vs  Pokeseba
Cam  vs  467 11 11p
Coryn216  vs  SOMALIA
Xinc  vs  BelgianToast
Prof.Otaku  vs  Luirromen
ExpulsoMoutemoute vs  Rawbi
Aariz  vs  Bandkrook
Estarossa  vs  Monky25
Hystrerical Weeb Flare219  vs  Celebiii
Zephyr2007  vs  MasterLeoZangetsu
Mindnight  vs  naviii 1
Miraage Doctor Scranton TotomonGang  vs  Shaad Skyel
Doomstadt HydreigonTheChild  vs  SCHEFF

Participants will have 48 hours to either post on your opponents wall, or 48 hours to reply to their opponents post. If you do not do this within 48 hours to schedule then you will be CANCELED and replaced with a random sub. Then the sub will have 48 hours to do the same.

IF NEITHER PLAYER ON A PARTICULAR MATCHUP MAKES ANY WALL POSTS WHATSOEVER WITHIN 48 HOURS THEN BOTH ARE OUT AND REPLACED BY SUBS

SUBS:
IF YOUR NAME IS ON THIS LIST THEN PLEASE POST HERE TO CONFIRM AS A SUB!!! I am most positive that we will need at least a few subs since some people will likely fail the 48 hour deadline, so be on sub duty here if I ping your name in a subsequent post, and get to it within 48 hours. Or, if you feel disrespected that you were randomly assigned as a sub, post here your your feelings about that and I will attempt to soothe you.

We are in talks with Subway to try to gain them as a sponsor.

AS A REMINDER, HERE IS THE ROUND 1 COMMUNITY POOL:

Alakazam :Alakazam:
Chansey :Chansey:
Kyurem :Kyurem:
Latias :Latias:
Mamoswine :Mamoswine:
Mew :Mew:
Ninetales-Alola :Ninetales-Alola:
Scizor :Scizor:
Tangrowth :Tangrowth:
Tapu Bulu :Tapu Bulu:

NO OTHER UU OR RUBL POKEMON CAN BE USED IN THE FIRST ROUND BESIDES THESE 10!!!!!
You will be auto DQ if you violate this so be very careful when building your team and don't accidentally forget that Zeraora is UU and not ZU-Minus for example. (note: Zeraora is UU and not RU/NU/PU/ZU/ZU-Minus, and is not in the pool, so you cannot use it).

EDIT: To be clear: RUBL mons are BANNED and you cannot use them. They have a chance to be rolled into future pools though. These RUBL mons are Venusaur, Scolipede, Haxorus, and Diggersby. DO NOT USE THOSE POKEMON IN THIS ROUND

RULES REVIEW:

:Tapu Bulu: Tournament Specific Rules :Tapu Bulu:
  • Each round there's 10 random UU and RUBL Pokemon in the Community Pool
  • You cannot use any other UU or RUBL mons except for the 10 in the community pool.
  • You can, however, use whatever you want from lower tiers in addition to those 10.
  • The Community Pool resets every round (but no Pokemon will ever be in consecutive pools).

:Grimmsnarl: General Rules :Grimmsnarl:
  • This will be a Single Elimination Tournament (no there are no "pools" or groups of players, despite the name)
  • All battles will be played in standard SS UU Format
  • All Matches will be played as a Best of One.
  • Each Round will last about a week.
  • If the battle is not played within the week, I will initiate a Kangaskhan Court to determine who made the better effort to play (so post publicly on your opponents wall, or respond to their messages on your wall, if you hope to advance).
  • Extensions are generally not granted except in extreme circumstances (e.g. you were abducted by aliens for the week), but they need to be asked for timely.
  • The winner must post the replays here in this thread. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR REPLAYS OR THE FIGHTS DO NOT COUNT!!
  • Make sure to save your replays and post them here
  • Again, save your replays after each fight, and then post them here if you win, for them to count.
  • Any tiering changes in the Metagame generally do not take effect until the following round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)