UU Cores V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Kingdra + Froslass Offensive Core

Description: Kingdra is a very underrated mon, and even though he isn't the greatest thing ever, I've been running him with Froslass on a Rain Hyper Offense team and they suprisingly make a very good offensive core. Kingdra is pretty damn strong under Rain, but there are some mons that can take at least one of one of his STABs even in the Rain. I listed the mons that could live from S to B- ranks here.

Suicune
Mega Swampert
Florges
Gyarados
Feraligatr
Zapdos
Whimsicott
Reuniclus
Mega Blastoise
Shaymin
Empoleon
Snorlax
Regular Swampert
Slowking
Tentacruel
Alomomola
Roserade
Cresselia
Mega Abomasnow
Bronzong
Chesnaught
Escavalier (Only if Assault Vest)
Hoopa
Porygon2
Jellicent
Umbreon
Blissey
Mandibuzz

Those are all mons that are at worst 2HKOed by one of Kingdra's STAB moves. Out of all of these 27 Pokemon, 22 are grounded, meaning they are vulnerable to Spikes damage. This makes Froslass a great partner for Kingdra, as it's a great Spiker that fits well on offensive teams, the type of teams Kingdra fits best on. Froslass can also use Destiny Bond to potentially remove an offensive or defensive threat out of the game, helping the team. While Rain teams are usually meant to batter the opposing team with powerful moves, the hazard support that Froslass brings is still very appreciated, as it can wear down switchins very nicely so Rain abusers like Kingdra and Mega Swampert can wallbreak or sweep much easier.

Just look at this calc against an offensive Whimsicott:
252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Whimsicott in Rain: 195-230 (74.7 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now look at it after some Spikes:
252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Whimsicott in Rain: 195-230 (74.7 - 88.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Whimsicott in Rain: 195-230 (74.7 - 88.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after 2 layers of Spikes
252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Whimsicott in Rain: 195-230 (74.7 - 88.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes

The calcs show that the Spikes damage comes a big way in the long run, leading to a very high chance of OHKOing Whimsicott after some rounds of Spikes. As this core is meant for being used on a Rain team, good partners for Rain teams are recommended. Tornadus and Bronzong are effective setters of Rain, and Rain abusers such as Mega Swampert, Omastar, and Kabutops are also appreciated as they like the Spikes damage wearing down their checks and counters, and they can break down the opposing team so Kingdra or another Rain abuser can sweep. Overall, this is a really fun core to use as Rain is a super fun and underused playstyle, so I hope you like it!

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf / Dragon Pulse

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Icy Wind / Thunder Wave

EDIT: The spread on Kingdra is to outspeed Choice Scarf Infernape in Rain, you can shave off some Speed EVs into HP though as Scarf Nape isn't that common anymore.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-331416239 This is a replay of one of my friends who I gave the team to use on ladder showcasing the team and core nicely, as the Spikes damage helps his team wear down the bulky mons of the other team, like the Porygon2 and Mega Blastoise.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Here we got one of my all-time favorite cores, and one that I have been using a lot recently(actually laddering with it, and I may RMT the team I have with this core). This core was first popularized by nv , and I have loved it ever since. I think people are starting to undersell it, and not use it as much. But honestly, the synergy between these two is just so godlike.​

Mega Houndoom + Toxicroak
Offensive Core

So
lets take a look at the offensive of defensive synergy of this amazing core. Mega-Houndoom has trouble against bulky water types, and Toxicroak can soak these up with Dry-Skin, setting up against most of these mons. Mega-Houndoom also has trouble with special walls, most notably fairy and normal type walls, such as Florges, Blissey, p2, Umbreon, etc. Toxicroak demolishes all of these, with its great dual stab and physical power. Toxicroak also helps with Mega-Houndoom's rock weakness and fighting weakness. Toxicroak now, has trouble with psychic types, and Mega-Houndoom can reliably take on basically every single one that troubles Toxicroak. Because of Dry Skin, Toxicroak also has a fire weakness, and Mega-Houndoom resists fire and even can take very good use of its ability Flash Fire before Mega-Evolving. And looking at many of Toxicroak's counters, such as Doublade, Cresselia, and some bulky steel types, Mega-Houndoom can really take on those well. These 2 also can work on a variety of teams, as they can both set up, from the Physical and Special side, and have great dual coverage and pretty good speed between them.

As you can see, these two just work very well together, and are a heavenly match. Some weaknesses of this core of most notably ground types, Mega-Aerodactyl, Bulky Fire types, and flying types. But these can be easily patches with some other members of the team. This core can also work on many playstyles, but are usually used best on Balance as NV's team was, and Bulky Offense, which my current team's playstyle is. Hyper Offense could also work.

But yeah, anyhow I have actually made a successful team utilizing this core, and like I said before I am laddering with it currently, I also plan to make a RMT out of the team so stay tuned. But anyway, I hope you liked my core and this thread really needed another post because the last post was like 10 days ago haha.

Thank you!

Scooby-Doom (Houndoom-Mega) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
-Destiny Bond
- Destiny Bond -
This can also be many other things, I just find Destiny Bond very useful.
Some other viable options include Sucker Punch, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Protect, Substitute, Flame Charge, Hidden Power Grass, Pursuit, and yes even Super Fang.

Frogger 2.0 (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Jolly
is also an option, but from using my team with this core numerous times, I have found Adamant to be much more crucial to some KO's and I think Sucker Punch also helps with the speed loss. Knock Off or Ice Punch is also an option, but Sucker Punch is just so much more useful

Dragon Spam Core

Here we have two Dragons and one Bell... DD Mence can sweep with ease after one free turn, Iron Tail is a good coverage move that has low Accuracy, but a high power against fairies like Florges and Whimsicott, Outrage is it's essential Stab for clean in a game without Fairies, Fire Blast can 2HKO Chesnaught and OHKO Forry after Rocks. Bronzong can block any Fairy-, Dragon- and Ice-Type threat, but he can Put-In Stealth Rock and stall with Toxic, Earthquake is Bronzong move to defeat Toxicroak and Fire-Types in switch. Scarfed Hydreigon can grant a good coverage against Alakazam, U-Turn can give a batter momentum, Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor are indispensable STAB moves, that can break all the Metagame. Fire Blast can OHKO Forry, Mega Aggron and Chesnaught after Stealth Rock. This core has two weaknesses: Mamoswine Knock Off and Sharpedo Mega, so Colbur Berry can be a nice option to Bronzong. Hydra can run Life Orb, but it will lose some Speed... Mence can also run LO, but Lum Berry is better.
Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Last edited:
Gyarados + Tyrantrum + Escavalier HO Core

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Megahorn
- Knock Off

I've used this core quite a while now, Tyrantrum + Gyarados have a really good offensive synergy. Basically the few things that can resist a head smash from Tyrantrum (Swampert, Nidoqueen, steel types in general) Have trouble with Gyarados, and some of them even allow it to setup. I've Added Escavalier as a way to deal with Whims, Alakazam and Aerodactyl, because Tyrantrum and Gyara were having problems with those mons. I also recommend spa mence as a teammate, since it can help with fire types that gyarados or tyrantrum don't like switching in (for example, sacred fire entei)
and can heal the damage off with roost.

Shoutouts Nayuki-chan for helping me build the original Tyrantrum + Gyarados core!

Kind of surprised that no one has mentioned this one yet, but

Gyarados + Mega Sceptile
Offensive Core
So everyone by now has seen this core somewhere on the ladder, and for good reason. Both are huge threats in and of themselves, and together they can break down each other's checks pretty well.
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain/Leaf Storm/Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute/Leaf Storm/Hidden Power "fuck u whimsicott" [Poison]
- Dragon Pulse

Gyarados @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute/Taunt

note: I have HP poison listed on Mega Scpetile. As far as I am aware, I am the only one who uses HP poison (tennis does too sometimes). Its only practical use is to OHKO Whimsicott, which can be a pain with Encore vs Gyarados and otherwise totally shutting Sceptile down.

The reason they work so well together is pretty self explanatory. Unfortunately, baiting the electric move is not as easily done as the good ol' no-team-preview-gen4-gyara-vire, but it can still be done vs. mons such as Volt Switch Cobalion/Forretress, Rotom-H/C, and Zapdos without Hidden Power Ice (so 90% of Zapdos).

So baiting Lightningrod boosts aside, another benefit to the core is their ability to check each other's checks. Gyarados can take on the common Ice Shard mons (Mamoswine, Donphan, and to a lesser extent Mega Abomasnow), as well as the defensive waters who opt to run Ice Beam for dragon spam (Suicune, Vaporeon, Milotic). Sceptile can really just run over a bunch of pokemon which Gyarados would not normally be able to break through, such as Roar Swampert, Roar Suicune, Non HP ice Zapdos, Mega Ampharos etc.

Unfortunately, none of them are incredible powerhouses before a couple turns of setup/some good plays with Lightningrod. They don't really have the capabilities to break through P2, and both get beat by a well played Mega Aerodactyl. But all in all, I think that they work well enough together to get some recognition as a staple UU offensive core.

Last edited:
DMT if anything id slash giga, leaf storm is extremely important for scept in rking and getting off big damage to things. Giga is a nice move in keep scept alive but isnt essential in scepts threat to opps.

Also maybe slash taunt w/ sub and lum w/ lefties since its taunt set is very effective in beating some of its checks method to get around gyra.

DMT if anything id slash giga, leaf storm is extremely important for scept in rking and getting off big damage to things. Giga is a nice move in keep scept alive but isnt essential in scepts threat to opps.

Also maybe slash taunt w/ sub and lum w/ lefties since its taunt set is very effective in beating some of its checks method to get around gyra.
Yeah admittedly I didn't do as many slashes as I could have, mostly cuz there are just so many good sets for them both. I'll patch it up later.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Rest

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Defog

Blue
A neat little core. Suicune provides a decent switch in to most physical/special attackers in the meta while serving as a status sponge and a counter to opposing Suicunes/set up sweepers with roar. Taunt cobalion can take hits aimed at mence while helping to beat stall. It also serves as a reliable rocks setter & a means of beating Hydreigon/M-Sceptile(rip focus miss). Shuca is to surprise random M-Aero's carrying EQ, Moxie Krooks & Scarf Mamoswine. Special mence helps beat annoying things such as M-Aggron/Chandelure/Chesnaught/Rotom-H/Heliolisk (without HP-ice) - it also serves to bait counters to DD mence and beat them 1 on 1. Cobalion & Mence take out & serve as semi-reliable switch ins to most things that check Suicune ie; Toxicroak/Heliolisk/M-Amph/Shaymin/Blissey/Florges/Whimsi etc - helping Suicune to eventually set up & win.

Last edited:
Long time player/lurker (been around since the 3rd Gen days, raise your hand if you used a CB Slaking in OU with Return/Focus Punch/Shadow Ball/Filler...)

Recently started to play again, and took a liking to UU, here's a core I have been using lately to great effect:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

A good ole' fashioned F/W/G core (although traditionally, these types of cores tend to be defensive in nature, but I digress...)

Essentially, Whimsicott provides Encore/Speed control and forms a volt-turn core with Rotom-H. It also can switch into water type attacks that are aimed at Rotom-H (and Feraligatr for that matter who hates scald burns), and can put a hurting on opposing dragons which it's partners struggle with (Priority Stun Spore will cause rage-quits and save your bacon).

Rotom-H provides wallbreaking. I chose HP Grass to lure and OHKO any Swampert that come in to ruin the fun. Between Overheat and Volt Switch/Thunderbolt you will be punching holes into the opposing team and snatching momentum in no time. Rotom-H has good defensive synergy with Whimsicott, and provides a handy ground, flying, thunder wave, and will-o-wisp immunity all into one toaster oven (Just imagine that last line in Billy Mays' voice) >_>

Lastly, Feraligatr is a force to be reckoned with. Although Gyra may have stolen some of it's shine, it can still sweep unprepared teams. That last slot can be changed out with Substitute or even Aqua Jet if you dig priority. The other two team members, through some combination of encore, stun spore, and wallbreaking can make it's path to a sweep much easier.

This core likes entry hazards, enjoys hazard removal, and struggles with bulky water types, Snorlax, and other bulky special/mixed walls. Adding another wallbreaker is a fantastic idea (preferably a physical attacker, I love Mienshao in this slot, but I'm sure you folks will find something), and maybe priority/a revenge killer if you want to go more offensive may be a worthy investment (or a special wall if you like balance). The great thing about this core is that it leaves your mega slot open, so you can built around these three pieces and conceivably have balanced or offensive team.

Happy battling.

Dragon Spam Core

Here we have two Dragons and one Bell... DD Mence can sweep with ease after one free turn, Iron Tail is a good coverage move that has low Accuracy, but a high power against fairies like Florges and Whimsicott, Outrage is it's essential Stab for clean in a game without Fairies, Fire Blast can 2HKO Chesnaught and OHKO Forry after Rocks. Bronzong can block any Fairy-, Dragon- and Ice-Type threat, but he can Put-In Stealth Rock and stall with Toxic, Earthquake is Bronzong move to defeat Toxicroak and Fire-Types in switch. Scarfed Hydreigon can grant a good coverage against Alakazam, U-Turn can give a batter momentum, Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor are indispensable STAB moves, that can break all the Metagame. Fire Blast can OHKO Forry, Mega Aggron and Chesnaught after Stealth Rock. This core has two weaknesses: Mamoswine Knock Off and Sharpedo Mega, so Colbur Berry can be a nice option to Bronzong. Hydra can run Life Orb, but it will lose some Speed... Mence can also run LO, but Lum Berry is better.
Salamence @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
I would say that you need to run phys def... it allows u to check mamo fully which will decimate u otherwise.. i dont know the calc but a knock from it on spdef zong does 60-70. Spdef doesnt make much sense when u leave ur self that vulnerable. Im gonna try this core tho it looks coo

I took a look at this thread and saw that a ton of basic cores that I find to be staples in ORAS UU were not included. I would totally add a lot of cores that I personally find effective, but adding descriptions for all of those is far too time consuming for me. So here is one Offensive, Defensive, and Balance core for you guys. I will hopefully try to add more to this thread later on when I have more time.

Offensive Core:

Mega Beedrill + Hydreigon

When I think about a standard offensive core in UU, this is what comes to mind. Mega Beedrill + Hydreigon is a fantastic core that is very easy to understand, and use. Hydreigon is a monster in UU and is mostly stopped in its tracks by the likes of fairy types such as Florges(Depending on the set, since Hydreigon can basically lure in any one of its usual counters if needed). Beedrill is a very solid Fairy resist on offense as long as the team has reliable hazard removal. Beedrill, in particular, is a very good Hydreigon partner on offense due to the speed it carries as opposed to other Poison/Steel/Fire types in the tier. Hydreigon can also run essentially any set it wants, and whatever caters to your team. A Choiced Scarf/Specs variant is a great option to form a U-Turn core or a typical Taunt+Roost variant to consistently switch into attacks, staying healthy.

Defensive Core:

Chesnaught + Tentacruel Hazard Stack

I personally love this defensive hazard stacking core, and have had an ample amount of success on a variety of teams using it. Hazard stack is a very effective strategy on conservative play-styles as a way to keep pressure vs the opposing team by keeping passiveness at a minimum. These two do a fantastic job at laying down hazards due to the amount of forced switches and free turns they receive because of the natural solid defensive typings both pokemon acquire. Chesnaught is an amazing counter to the many offensive and defensive water types that roam the tier as well as the natural bulk to check basically all neutral-hitting physical attackers. Tentacruel is an amazing utility pokemon that ofter a ton of benefits to defensive teams with the likes of absorbing Toxic Spikes, removing hazards, Scald, and Haze to reliably stop common Calm Mind sweepers from getting out of hand. This core is used in the best effect while paired with a Fairy and Steel type!

Balance Core:

Swampert + Calm Mind Florges

This is, in my bias opinion, the best balance core in ORAS UU. These two pokemon are some of the most splashable pokemon in the tier due to how much each of them fulfill on balance, or any playstyle for that matter(with the exception of HO). Swampert provides Stealth Rock, a Fire resistance, a Volt Switch deterrent, it walls most physical attackers that are not grass types, and access to Roar so it is not passive. Florges is the "check-all" special wall that is the team's Draco/Dragon resist, Fighting resist, Bulky Setup-sweeper roll, and great switch in to most grass types in the tier. These two pokemon cover a large portion of the basic defensive requirements for any viable ORAS UU team, and make teambuildinng extremely simple and flexible.

I hope you guys like my suggestions as possible additions to the cores thread.

Last edited:
Here's a fun, if a little gimmicky, offense core. Lets just say if you're trying to do something like this, this is one of the best ways to do it.

The idea of this core is to pressure the opponent into giving Milotic a Competitive boost, and it has everything you will need to make that happen. Before you write it off, Milotic at +2 wrecks face against most teams without Blissey, scoring comfortable 2HKOes on most of the tier's defensive pokemon, and outstalling some of the walls you can't 2HKO (like cleric Florges). Water/Ice/Electric is good coverage in UU right now. On the downside, most Defog users are difficult for Milotic to switch in against, and most Intimidate users don't willingly switch into Milotic, which is why you need a core if you want to get those boosts semi-reliably. The core is a FWG one and as such you probably already know a lot about it without me saying much. I'll stick to what sets it apart:

Entei @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed

This set is very standard and very good, and should not be a surprise to find in an offensive FWG core. Most teams are packing a dedicated counter to this, which is where the core comes in. This will draw out defensive Intimidate users such as Arcanine, Gyarados, and Salamence, like a magnet. If Entei is forcing out something slower (which is more often than not), you can double switch to Milotic; Entei will switch first and you will get your competitive boost against a pokemon who is then forced to switch away. Entei's power on the physical side compliments the special attacks of the rest of the core.

Roserade @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis / Giga Drain

The second common stat debuff that Milotic can set up on is Defog, which is why running a high-pressure Spike-stacking team is a good idea. While you can't guarantee which move a heavily pressured opponent will choose, the idea is to force them to lean towards Defog as much as possible by giving limited switch-in opportunities to their Defogger and by upping the hazard-setting ante with Spikes. As mentioned before, many Defoggers can land a big hit on Milotic, but with a combination of Spikes, Offense, and surprise, your opponent won't be thinking of Milotic at all when they go to Defog. Otherwise, it complements Entei well both defensively and offensively, as most of the Water-types it can't handle are physical and don't want to switch into Sacred Fire.

Milotic @ Expert Belt
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Recover

The focus of the core, and probably the set everyone is most suspicious of, is Expert Belt Milotic. I already spoke about this in the overview, so I'll try not to repeat myself too much. With no boost its mediocre; it has great coverage but low power, and good bulk but middling speed. Most of what it can aspire to is being a special tank / pivot, but it can't do much to the walls it forces in. I'll say it's not awful without competitive boosts, but it probably wouldn't earn a team slot that way. Competitve really does give big payoffs against most teams though. Off the top of my head, the only passive threat walling you at +2 is Blissey, and the only offense mons getting safe switch-ins are Toxicroak, Heliolisk, and Kyurem. None of these appreciate +2 Ice Beam, but your team should have answers to these, regardless. Umbreon and Cleric Florges can take your attacks, but Foul Play can be stalled by Recover and Moonblast actually gives you boosts, so you can easily stay in against those. As for set specifics, Timid is mostly for Mamoswine, but there may be other speed tiers worth considering. Expert Belt is warranted as Ice/Electric hits the vast majority of Water resists super-effectively, and Milotic needs a balance of power and bulk.

So there's the core! Hopefully someone this will give somebody some ideas. I won't claim that offensive Milotic is S-rank UU but it's certainly useable (in and around 1550-1600 on ladder it's done fine) and also quite fun and unexpected. It should be noted all of the "pressure" that helps you set up Competitive isn't useless in its own right. The idea here is that Competitive punishes certain common responses by your opponent. If they don't respond to Entei with Intimidate or to Spikes with Defog, you've at least heavily narrowed the range of options they have to deal with either Spikes or Entei. Considering that Defog is easier to pull off than Rapid Spin and most of the good Entei counters use Intimidate or Sleep Talk, this is pressure that you can really work with.

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
+ fairies such as
or

idk why this core hasn't been posted yet, this core is so good offensively

it does a good job offensively as krookodile can easily threaten steel-types while kyurem threatens other things that beat krookodile. fairies work well with these cores as well because of their defensive utility and offensive synergy. pro-tip: use steel-types in combination with this core so you don't lose to fairy-types such as florges because it can easily switch-in on the dark-type and dragon-type stab attacks from krook and kyurem.

spl teams it has been used in:
week 1 mazar vs omfuga: kyurem / krookodile / whimsicott (and empoleon as its steel-type)
week 1 omfuga vs mazar: kyurem / krookodile / florges (and cobalion as its steel-type)
week 2 teal6 vs dice: kyurem / krookodile / florges (and forretress as its steel-type)

its not really been getting much attention past that point but i think its really good personally and deserves more recognition

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Superpower
- Pursuit / Superpower

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

knockers (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

OR

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-turn

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace / Super Luck (there could be legality issues)
EVs: Up to you but max HP is probably a good start
Nature: a (sp) defense boosting one and possibly minimum speed unless you want Flamethrower

- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam / Flamethrower / Fire Blast

Yanmega @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Protect
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Giga Drain / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Filler

I think this core is stolen from RU a while ago when Yanmega was legal and it might have been posted somewhere but I'm posting it again here because, if we're judging by usability, it deserves to be here. Basically no offensive team can handle a +2 Yanmega and Togetic is good as passing since it's slow and bulky. If you use Flamethrower you can beat some steel types (which also check Yanmega) that try to phaze you but losing to Taunt Hydreigon is an outright shame. You need lots of anti SR measures obviously (spin and or magic bounce since Yanmega wants SR to sweep) but honestly it's so easy to sweep. Even Mamoswine gets Giga Drained to heal off Ice Shard unless you're weakened a good bit. And stall is going to struggle with Baton Pass in general and only has Blissey to reliably beat boosted Yanmega.

I would say this team gets easy wins on the ladder but honestly it gets easy wins against most teams period, since it's just unexpected and can't be stopped by normal means (too fast to be revenge killed and too strong for BO teams).

The big problem with it is it requires a lot of support and is fairly obvious to experienced players, particularly if they played RU before, so they will try to stop it if they can. But honestly it's not easy to stop, Togetic can be EVd to absorb Nidoqueens Sludge Wave after SR (which really shouldn't be up anyways but oh well) which is great.

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace / Super Luck (there could be legality issues)
EVs: Up to you but max HP is probably a good start
Nature: a (sp) defense boosting one and possibly minimum speed unless you want Flamethrower

- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam / Flamethrower / Fire Blast

Yanmega @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Protect
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Giga Drain / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Filler

I think this core is stolen from RU a while ago when Yanmega was legal and it might have been posted somewhere but I'm posting it again here because, if we're judging by usability, it deserves to be here. Basically no offensive team can handle a +2 Yanmega and Togetic is good as passing since it's slow and bulky. If you use Flamethrower you can beat some steel types (which also check Yanmega) that try to phaze you but losing to Taunt Hydreigon is an outright shame. You need lots of anti SR measures obviously (spin and or magic bounce since Yanmega wants SR to sweep) but honestly it's so easy to sweep. Even Mamoswine gets Giga Drained to heal off Ice Shard unless you're weakened a good bit. And stall is going to struggle with Baton Pass in general and only has Blissey to reliably beat boosted Yanmega.

I would say this team gets easy wins on the ladder but honestly it gets easy wins against most teams period, since it's just unexpected and can't be stopped by normal means (too fast to be revenge killed and too strong for BO teams).

The big problem with it is it requires a lot of support and is fairly obvious to experienced players, particularly if they played RU before, so they will try to stop it if they can. But honestly it's not easy to stop, Togetic can be EVd to absorb Nidoqueens Sludge Wave after SR (which really shouldn't be up anyways but oh well) which is great.
I think that non-Mega Sharpedo would make a better candidate in some ways. There's less of a typing overlap between Passer and recipient. Furthermore, you mitigate the extremely pressing issue of Stealth Rock this core faces. I am in no way implying that your core is subpar, but I think that you should also mention LO Sharpedo.

I'm making this comment in light of the recent RU Sharpedo ban, of course.

i dislike the lack of enthusiasm for cores. so i've decided to post a few I've created and i hope the lack of in depth info isn't too frowned upon since these are a load to type. hope they're good :heart:

Offensive Core

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sucker Punch

This is a really good core since the synergy they share together is astounding and is personally my favorite Slowking core. They all form a F/W/G and D/F/P core which explains slightly of why they work well together. Virizion has been seeing a spark in usage lately with the prevalence of Water-types making it a great offensive Grass-type right now and an excellent partner with Slowking. Slowking usually falls prey to the Dark-types and Electric-types within the tier and it worth noting that Virizion beats most of them through virtue of it's movepool and in turn, Slowking is a great defensive cushion for the likes of many threats in the tier like Entei, Mega Aerodactyl, Cobalion, the former two of which pose a threat to Virizion and Mega Aerodactyl who's trouble for Mega Houndoom. Speaking of it, Mega Houndoom seems to have been getting a lot hate since there are other Fire-types in the tier that don't take the Mega Slot. I don't really understand why seeing as it's great speed tier, access to Nasty Plot, and even Sucker Punch makes it a true threat to face. Anyway it fills the gap this team has with breaking down other Grass-types and things like Doublade and Forretress while giving a nice form of speed control in Sucker Punch to pick off non-Substitute Alakazam which is a big threat to the core. Also setup spam ftw.

Offensive Core

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake / Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball / Giga Drain
- Encore
- Stun Spore

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

This has to be the most common D/F/S core in all of UU and I'm surprised it hasn't been posted yet. Basically Cobalion sets up hazards while working as a valuable check (albeit slight) to Fairies and wallbreaker with Swords Dance and Salamence as a cleaner or early-game hole puncher with its Dragon Dance + Moxie set. Whimsicott is a godsend for these two since it gives them valuable setup or switch-in opportunities with use of Encore and Stun Spore while being a beneficial check to bulky Waters.

Offensive Core

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-Turn

Heliolisk @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Again, this has to be one of the most common VolTurn cores in UU and I'm surprised it's not yet posted. I really like this one since it fits on nearly any offensive team. Darmanitan is a great Scarfer that doubles as a great wallbreaker due to the sheer force (pun intended) behind even an unboosted Flare Blitz. Heliolisk isn't as common as it used to be, but it's still effective as a great water check through Dry Skin and an excellent momentum grabber through it's naturally high speed and nice power.

this was a lot to type, but I hope it meets expectations and hopefully archived :toast: speaking of archives are you planning on updating them soon? there are a lot of good cores that's been posted

OFFENSIVE CORE

Hello this is a small core I enjoy

Crawdaunt + Tailwind Whimsicott

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- U-turn

This is a solid core for a very offensive team, these two have great synergy in every aspect. Crawdaunt is an extremely threatening pokemon, but its only hindrance is its trash speed. That's where tailwind whimsicott really shines; if you are able to freely get up a tailwind mid/late game crawdaunt usually just wins.

The two cover eachother's checks very well, whimsicott can encore fat waters like suicune and alomomola which crawdaunt then sets up on. It also beats chesnaught, one of crawdaunts biggest counters, as well as another very common threatening grass type, sceptile. Whimsicott can threaten a variety of other mons that crawdaunt struggles to beat as well, such as hydreigon and salamence as they resist aqua jet. On the other side of the spectrum, crawdaunt can muscle through pokemon that whimsicott hates, like aerodactyl, fire types in general, beedrill, etc, etc. They just have great offensive synergy, and their defensive synergy isn't bad either.

Although having some hp would be nice as whimsicott is worn down way too easily, you really need max special attack if you want to ohko sceptile and mence after rocks. Tailwind is run obviously as the main idea for this core to let crawdaunt sweep a lot easier. U turn works great as you can pivot into crawdaunt which hates taking hits, and what not. Crawdaunt runs a standard jolly sd set, if you dont run jolly you get outsped by too much so I don't recommend it.

Against the overall metagame, I'd say this core does quite well. The only problem is that whims doesn't always deal with what it is supposed to deal with all that well as it is worn down way too quickly, so sceptile can just damage you for free anyway and scald from water types can wear you down in only a few switches. However, as long as you properly maintain whimsicott and get partners to support it, it really does a great job in helping crawdaunt sweep.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before - but a quick glance leads me to believe it hasn't. This is a pretty simple core & works off the fact that Entei breaks down most common checks to Suicune ie; Heliolisk/Toxicroak/Blissey/Empoleon etc. Sacred fire spam also hurts water types that switch in to take the hit (burns) like Vaporeon/Suicune/Gyarados/Swampert. This helps Suicune to beat these combined with a few calm mind boosts.
Suicune has great physical bulk & switches in safely to almost all attacks aimed at Entei. Once most of Suicune's checks have been weakened (most teams only have 1) it can sweep quite easily.
Entei + suicune are also very great at spreading burns (scald: 30% / Sacred fire: 50%). This means physical based teams struggle to break this core & with every pokemon burned - Suicune finds it easier to set up and win. Heliolisk can compliment this core quite nicely to help versus water types - but more often than not they will be overloaded through switching into Scalds/Sacred fires so Heliolisk is not essential.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk / Roar
- Rest

Entei @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

This one is a great, well known, hazard stack core with full hazard control for more offensive oriented teams. Froslass is the lead of choice, Taunt prevents opposing mons from setuping, while Focus Sash guarantee you can setup at least one lay of Spikes. Icy Wind + Destiny Bond force switches, many switches, stacking hazard damage while also creating mind games on your opponent. Defensive Swampert is a reliable rocker, which consistently find opportunities to setup. Once you get enough hazards in the field, Roar is a great way to stack more damage for a late game sweep. Sableye concludes this core, bringing another spin blocker once Froslass is dead, preventing Defog with Prankster Taunt, and crippling opponents with Knock Off + Will-O-Wisp.

Any offensive threat appreciate the hazard damage this core brings. Tornadus, Mega Sceptile, Entei, for example all benefit from this hazard stack. You can reliable stop any rapid spin in this tier, but be careful with Defog users. Since you won't be able to stop Defog all of the time, I recommend partners that would punish those free turns, like setup sweepers as Lucario, Haxorus etc.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
- Taunt

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Defensive Core

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog / Toxic / Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Roar

Florges @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

This is a really cool defensive core (Well, I use it on a balanced team, but it's pretty defensive nonetheless) that has pretty good synergy. Mandibuzz is a pretty good Defogger that also sponges hits from the likes of bulky Waters and stuff like Mega Sceptile pretty well, and can disrupt walls like Suicune from doing their job with Taunt, and can cripple stuff like Porygon2 and wear down the opposing team in general with Knock Off. Defog also helps against hazard stacking teams so the core doesn't get worn down by hazards. Really cool mon, you should try it out. Well, Mandibuzz has trouble with things like Fire-types and Fighting-types, especially Cobalion, who can sponge a Knock Off and get an Attack boost from it as well. Suicune checks Cobalion pretty well, especially with those Scald burns, and also walls the living hell out of most Fire-types, while also serving as a good win condition for the core with Calm Mind. Mandibuzz and Suicune both hate Electric types, and Mandibuzz doesn't appreciate status either, so Florges comes into play being a good cleric and WishPasser, as well as an Electric and Dark check and another Fighting and Mega Sceptile check. A hazard setter like Chesnaught or Cobalion works well with the core to wear the opposing team down, even if it's a bit counterproductive with Defog Mandibuzz. I guess a Rotom-Heat check would also work here, as it walls Florges and hits Mandibuzz and Suicune super effectively as well, but I haven't really had trouble with it since Mandibuzz can actually sponge a hit from non-Specs variants and Knock Off their item, it has to be wary of Trick though. Overall, this is a really cool core that works together very well to wall a good portion of the metagame, and wear down the opposing team with their attacks, potential Scald burns, and hazards if you want to use them, and it can fit well in both defensive and balanced teams alike.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-350661140 This replay shows off the core in action, eating up hits and wearing the opposing team down, and it also shows off Mandibuzz eating up an Electric STAB from Rotom-Heat and Knocking Off it's item, all leading up to a forfeit from the opponent.

Defensive Hazard Control Core

This is simply one of the best hazard control cores I have ever used and has nabbed me my first UU room tournament victory with excellent synergy between the first two mons which I'm surprised that it hasn't been poseted. Physically defensive Swampert is one of the most reliable Stealth Rockers out there in the tier and can start pressuring almost instantly with Rocks up with a myriad of opportunities to keep throwing out hazards at any time during the early and mid game and is 4HKOed with a Mega Beedrill U-turn with Leftovers recovery. Roar can be used to keep phazing the opposing mons, chipping away at their HP. Swampert can take Sacred Fires and Flare Blitzes from Entei and Darmanitan that pressure Roserade. This specially defensive Roserade perfectly compliments Swampert, taking Grass Knots, HP Grass, and Leaf Storms with ease. Along with Stealth Rocks, Roserade can also set up Spikes, adding more hazard pressure to the opponents side of the field. Giga Drain is used to force an opposing lead Swampert out which gives you a free turn of Spikes or a catastrophic Sleep Powder, rendering the foe unable to respond as you stack more Spikes. The physically defensive and specially defensive core is amazing as they both can take attacks for each other, even an Ice Beam or HP Fire does not pressure Roserade too much. Once the hazards are stacked, it is now time to stop the opponent removing them and wasting turns doing so. Sableye can Taunt any Defogger, though be wary of Offensive Defoggers like Crobat. Knock Off and Will-O-Wisp further cripple opposing mons whilst acting as a spinblocker with a Prankster Taunt. It is important to note that it will be hard to stop Defog sometimes so take advantage of this with set up sweepers like Haxorus and such.

Not sure how to do importable so I'll post the sets here:
Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Sleep Powder

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Taunt​

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Acid Spray

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

This is an offensive core that I love to use. Tentacruel is imo the best and most splashable spinner in UU due to great typing, decent bulk, speed, and utility moves to mitigate passivity. The big reason to use Tentacruel, along with Spin, is to have access to Toxic Spikes. Grounded Poisons absorb them, which is where Krookodile comes in. CB Krook 1v1s every grounded Poison except Adamant Beedrill (you can live -1 Jolly U-Turn) due to incredibly powerful EQs, and once the Poison is dead, Toxic Spikes can wreck havoc. Typing wise, Krook is immune to Electric and Psychic which hit Tenta for 2x damage, and Tentacruel switches and spins on the bulky Waters + Fairies that switch in on CB locked Krook. They pair well with literally any wallbreaker in existence, since they all appreciate Toxic Spike support.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
+
+
/

Groups of 2 of these mons have been posted before, but if you haven't seen this core around you probably don't play UU. All these Pokemon complement each other very well, as Swampert takes on Fire-types and other physical attackers, Florges can take on Dragon-types rather easily, and Forry/Esca checks Psychic-types like Alakazam and Gardevoir. A lot of people like to use Forry more because it provides a lot more utility, but I personally like to use Esca because it can provide some offensive pressure while still checking a lot of the same mons. Also, this core pairs well with stuff like Roserade so losing Spikes really isnt that big of a deal.

Florges @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

+

Baton Pass Core
Ok, firstly, I need to alert you that this Core should be used only in Low and Mid Ladder, I really don't recommend you to use this core in high ladder xD
Anyway, the unique goal of this Core is: Pass +2 to Sharpedo, click Protect, and click everything. This core is JUST this. But, why a Sassh Nature with 0 IVs in Speed on Gligar? This is used to pass the stats to Sharpedo with security. Also, a Jolly Nature is essential to don't be outspeeded by Scarf Hydra or Scarf Mence.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Baton Pass

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Protect

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hey guys! LRXC here bringing you some offensive cores I felt needed to be showed for this thread. I haven't been posting in smog on as of late, but expect to see more

So first, I have become newly introduced to Hyper Offense and just forms of offense in UU, and honestly, they are my new favorite style, so here are some classic HO cores, and some new ones as well that I think need to be shown in this thread, even though there is a ton.

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Substitute

Krookodile+Gardevoir is a very effective core on Hyper Offense and regular offensive teams because of its amazing offensive and defensive synergy. Gardevoir is a great mon right now, and in my opinion is being overlooked. Gardevoir's dual stabs cause so many problems for teams these days, these teams usually calling their fairy resist crobat or nidoqueen. Gardevoir's issue however is mainly steel types, as it has a hard time breaking them down. Poison types, as well as ghost and dark types can also give Gardevoir trouble. This is where Krookodile fits perfectly, being able to pursuit trap psychic types that Gardevoir sometimes cant break. Krookodile also takes out the steel and poison types that Gardevoir hates with ease, such as Metagross, Nidoking, and Toxicroak, and can switch into dark type mons. Krookodile also sets up rocks, which Gardevoir loves because of the switches it forces. On the other side, Gardevoir fits perfectly with Krookodile in the fact that it can deal with fairy types easily, usually being able to set up on things like Florges and bulky waters that give Krookodile trouble such as non roar suicune, Alomomola, etc. Gardevoir also easily takes on the faster fighting types that give Krookodile trouble, like Mienshao, Infernape, etc. The defensive synergy is also very good, as Krookodile has good physical bulk, and Gardevoir having great special bulk coupled with Calm Mind. All-in-All, these two are an amazing offensive core, that anyone can build around and utilize on their offensive teams.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry/Occa Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge/Stealth Rock

The classic HO core right now, Alakazam + Cobalion. I was honestly surprised this hasnt been showed yet in UU cores, as it is so effective on any HO team at the moment. Alakazam is a threat in itself, and Calm Mind I have found to be so effective. This allows it so set up on many would-be defensive threats such as Florges, Cresselia, Non roar cune, etc. Calm Mind also just makes it hit a ton harder, and with great coverage in Psyshock, Focus Blast, and shadow ball to hit some of Cobalion's counters such as Doublade, Cresselia, and Slowking, its just great. Cobalion synergizes very well with Alakazam, being able to switch into and take out threatening dark types, as well as wall some of Alakazam's defensive checks such as Snorlax and Escavilier. These two, both being able to set up specially and physically, as well as having great speed and power, allow them to become a very threatening and popular Hyper Offense core.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit/Roost

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind/Stun Spore
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore/U-turn/Energy Ball

How couldn't I post my own Whimsikrow core? Whimsikrow is an amazing Hyper Offensive core, being able to take on many archetypes and apply ample amounts of offensive pressure to opposing teams, especially Hyper Offense itself. The reason I like this core so much, is that it showcases a totally forgotten threat in UU, Honchkrow. Honchkrow's ability to sweep unprepared teams is astounding these days, because just that, its forgotten. Many people then have offensive switching into Honchkrow such as Krookodile, Hydreigon, Mega-Ampharos, etc. This is where Whimsicott comes in, being able to switch into many of Honchkrow's checks, and gain momentum very easily. Moonblasting dark types, u-turning, encoring. But my favorite strategy, is with Tailwind. This allows Honchkrow to literally plow through many of its checks, such as Krookodile, Whimsicott, Hydreigon, Cobalion, Mega-Absol; just things that would come into Honchkrow for free, and outspeed it and kill it, now get taken out because of tailwind. Tailwind Whimsicott overall is just a really underrated mon, because right now, I feel that tailwind is good in this meta, because of the fact that choice scarf mons are very viable right now, this including Hydreigon, Chandelure, Gardevoir, Heracross, etc. Hyper Offense teams I have also found get destroyed by tailwind whimsicott. But all in all, checking out my RMT Second Wind: Whimsikrow Offense should give you a better idea on how the core works, and why it is so good. Even using stun spore over tailwind is very useable, as this allows Honchkrow to still break through its offensive threats, however in the middle game. This core also sort of works like Machiavelli 's core, but honestly, Honchkrow works a lot better in the tailwind aspect.
Thank's for reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)