UU OMs Mega Thread

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Solgaleo is outclasses in bh normally compared to its necrazma counter part right? but not by much?
solgaleo has notably higher bulk than dusk mane, but dusk mane has lower speed so it can slow uturn more easily.

the reason it dropped to uu was likely because usage was split between solgaleo and dusk mane, because they compete for usage on the same team.

Changes this month:

- Arceus-Ghost, Kyurem-White, Ho-Oh
+ Garchomp-Mega, Marshadow

-
+ Victini, Donphan, Primarina, Gardevoir-Mega

- Bisharp, Manaphy, Lunala, Xurkitree
+ Lucario-Mega, Celesteela, Terrakion, Greninja, Blacephalon, Charizard-Mega-Y, Archeops

- Scizor, Suicune
+ Hippowdon, Starmie, Tapu Bulu, Naganadel, Gyarados-Mega, Scizor-Mega

These can be played on rom.psim.us, a side server approved by Other Metas.

You can also follow what Rose_Warrior said and ask others for an challenge or you can suggest for the OM Mashups roomstaff and I to create OM UU mashup tours.
‘OM Mashups staff and I’, you’re better, set apart. But, for instance, couldn’t someone just ignore the banlist or make a mistake if they hadn’t studied it carefully.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Changes in Ubers UU since March (whoops)...
Rises:
- Mega Diancie
- Mega Kangaskhan
- Mega Metagross

No new drops. Sad!

Changes this month:

- Aggron-Mega, Pheromosa, Heracross-Mega, Celesteela
+ Ho-Oh

- Victini
+ Tapu Fini, Kartana

- Blacephalon, Celesteela, Terrakion
+ Bisharp, Xerneas, Skarmory, Xurkitree

- Tapu Bulu, Naganadel, Magnezone, Gyarados-Mega, Nihilego
+ Bisharp, Scizor, Latios, Gyarados

Xerneas might end up being terrifying in MnM UU
Skarmory might be ok

Gyarados is a monster in aaa uu from what I can tell it is very strong and fairly fast after one set up of dragon dance as long as an electric move does not come within 10 miles of him.

Ivy

resident enigma
Thanks to Kris's hard work, the usage statistics for Let's Go OU have been utilized to implement visibility for Let's Go UU in the teambuilder! See what sorts of fun teams you can make; there may be a room tour later today in the showdown room.

Going off on the UU section for Let's Go OU in the Showdown Teambuilder, there's a pretty diverse cast of Pokemon to choose from that can honestly put in work, and some of them even have unique options such as Foul Play Alolan Persian, Glare Arbok, Lovely Kiss Jynx, Spore Parasect, etc.

This is by no means an official list or anything, but here's an observation I made for potentially good mons in this supposed metagame based on their roles:

Mega Evolution:

Stealth Rock users:

Paralysis users: (Glare)
(Stun Spore)
(Thunder Wave)

Sleep users: (Spore)
(Sleep Powder)
(Lovely Kiss)
(Hypnosis)

Will-o-Wisp users:

Taunt Users:

U-turn:

Foul Play:

Electric Immunities:

Psychic Checks:

Flying Checks:

Priority users: (Sucker Punch)
(Ice Shard)
(Fake Out)
(Aqua Jet)
(Quick Attack)

Setup sweepers: (Swords Dance)
(Calm Mind)
(Quiver Dance)

(Bulk Up)
(Nasty Plot)
(Shell Smash)
(Agility)

This doesn't even include other interesting Pokemon like Electabuzz who sounds like a good mixed attacker on paper, as well as Tauros who's essentially a Mega Kangaskhan but without the Mega slot and much better normal STAB in Double Edge, but lacks priority options. I'd love to play some rounds of this if anyone's interested.

Mewtwo
Melmetal
Mew
Muk-Alola
Zapdos
Aerodactyl
Eevee-Starter
Alakazam
Rhydon
Gengar
Gyarados
Dragonite
Cloyster
Starmie
Venusaur
Snorlax
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Charizard
Exeggutor-Alola
Pikachu-Starter
Slowbro
Chansey
Blastoise
Venomoth

Last edited:
Changes this month:

- Solgaleo, Blaziken-Mega
+ Aggron-Mega, Pheromosa, Kyurem-White, Heracross-Mega

- Gardevoir-Mega, Mew, Tapu Fini, Donphan
+ Zeraora, Landorus-Therian

- Breloom, Xerneas, Swellow
+ Heatran, Celesteela, Manaphy, Gliscor, Toxapex

- Latias, Entei, Salamence, Azelf
+ Suicune, Magnezone, Swampert, Nihilego

Ivy

resident enigma
Ubers UU changes from November
Rises:
- Kyogre
- Mega Sableye
Drops:
+Mega Mewtwo X
+Dawn Wings Necrozma

Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee UU changes from December:

-Poliwrath
-Dugtrio-Alola

+Pikachu-Starter
+Blastoise
+Chansey
+Venomoth
+Slowbro

Reactions: Ivy
You may have noticed that I haven't updated this in a few months. The reason for this is to switch over to using three month stats, similar to standard tiers. Based on the activity of the ladders, Balanced Hackmons shall use 1630 weighted stats, while other OMs shall use 1500. You can find the new UU banlists in the first post, based on the usage data from January to March.

I have taken it upon myself to revive this thread (okay technically TI did it but who cares), with some new sets I've had success with these past couple months.

Swampert @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Toxic / Curse
Since Suicune is above the usage cutoff, say hello to, in my opinion, our best PHealer. Its amazing physical bulk allows it to take hits from TTar, Luc, Gross, etc. and retaliate. The last slot is up to you, Roar to phaze setup sweepers, Toxic to cripple non-PHeal Mandi, or Curse to become a bulky wincon.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash / Bullet Punch / EQ / filler
Speaking of Luc, its Refrigerate set has been doing wonders for me. The ability to revenge kill weakened threats like Hydrei, Bulu, and Thundy is amazing as these pokemon are often massive threats to teams I build and having a poke that takes care of all of them make life so much easier. Last slot depends on which threats you need gone, and is mostly filler.

Tyranitar @ Pinsirite
Ability: Sand Stream
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Poor TTar. The power and speed creep of MnM OU has gotten too much for you. Worry not, because MnM UU has plenty of chances to set up and wreak havoc! After one DD from this thing, you best be switching in some ultra bulky wall like Sablenite Skarm because it can 6-0 you if you are not prepared.

Celesteela @ Venusaurite / Blue Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed / Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Flamethrower / Earthquake
Say hello to Celesteela, the new wall of MnM UU! It may have taken a hit in effectiveness due to Skarm dropping, but can Skarm use the annoying Leech Seed + Protect strategy to whittle down Cele's foes? Absolutely not! This thing can blanket check so many offensive threats, such as the aforementioned TTar, SD Gliscor (is this a viable set?), Archeops, and more. The stone choice is up to you, Venusaurite offers more bulk, a Fire neutrality, and an Ice resistance, while Blue Orb offers more attack to hit harder with Heavy Slam, as well as the ability to completely negate Fire moves. Make sure to run EQ if you run Blue Orb though.

Also, I'm not that experienced at BH, but here's a little set I've created with the new drop, Mega Zor. Don't be too harsh when judging this, as I am not a BH main.

Scizor-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Precipice Blades / idk what this thing runs

Also tagging urkerab to answer this important Q: are all the changes on page 1 implemented on ROM yet? Because once I tried to play AAA UU with a Naganadel team and it showed me an error that Nagan is not usable, even though it is below the usage cutoff.

Also tagging urkerab to answer this important Q: are all the changes on page 1 implemented on ROM yet? Because once I tried to play AAA UU with a Naganadel team and it showed me an error that Nagan is not usable, even though it is below the usage cutoff.
I hotpatched ROM's validator 24 hours ago. I've since hotpatched ROM's formats so that the /om command should show that Naganadel is no longer in the banlist (it had been previously).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)