UU Rain Dance Team

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
This team really holds up, even in the likes of OU. It has yet to lose, which is something for an UU team.

Qwiflish @ Focus Sash
Swift Swim
Adamant
6 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Explosion
-Destiny Bond

Rain Dance first turn, plow through stuff with Waterfall and if it looks like I'm going to die Explode or Destiny Bond ghosts. Almost impossible not to take something down.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
Adamant
20 HP/ 252 Att/ 236 Spe
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Aqua Jet

No Rain Dance Team is complete without this. Hits hard on just about eveything.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Bold
40 HP/ 192 Def/ 148 Sp Att/ 130 Sp Def
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Signal Beam

Not sure it's role on the team, it's just pretty bulky and takes Electric hits for me.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Modest
6 HP/ 252 Sp Att/ 252 Spe
-Thunder
-Shadow Ball
-HP Ice
-Trick

This is one of my new favorite Pokes. I find my that the end of a game leaves me with Bliss and this, so I Trick them into Softboiling and get the Struggle win.

Toxicroak @ Lefttovers/Life Orb
Dry Skin
Adamant
6 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
Substitute
Swords Dance
Cross Chop
Sucker Punch

With Rain, this thing recovers almost instantly after the Sub. Swords dance up, then destroy.

Phione @ Damp Rock
Hydration
Modest
252 HP/ 6 Def/ 252 Sp Att
Rain Dance
Rest
Surf
Grass Knot

This thing is pretty awesome. 80 base stats all 'round may sound only eh, but not when you're only dumping them into HP and Sp Att, which will, of course not be too shabby with STAB Surf in Rain.

That's it. Rate Away!

Hmmm...

Drop Signal Beam on Lanturn. I suppose if you're using this team in OU it hits Celebi harder, but in general you'd want Toxic/Confuse ray/Thunder Wave/ Rest anything else in that slot.

You have a large number of EQ weaknesses on this team. Rotom does have immunity, but 4/5 pokes overall are weak to ground attacks. That's a lot.

Seems overall solid though.

Lanturn-
Drop Signal Beam. Substitute is better for scouting especially in OU. That and SB doesn't really hit anything that much better than Thunder or Hydro Pump does. Thunder Wave is good but it kinda screws you over if Garchomp or Celebi switches in. In UU same deal again, Signal Beam doesn't really lend itself very well.

Phione-
Still think the EV spread could do with work to make it slightly bulkier so you take full advantage of Hydro Rest. But thats a very minor issue.

Strategy wise this team is rock solid, I can't really fault too much. Typewise there is that really horrible ground weakness Cynthia already mentioned. I somewhat suspect a Swift Swim Mantine might actually be better somewhere on this team as it gives good synergy with Lanturn and Kabutops. Rotom and Lanturn deal with electric, most of your team doesn't give a crap about Ice and it helps you deal with grass better and Phione is already doing bulky water.

Quilfish - I like Taunt on the set somewhere but thats just me.

Kabutops - I would change his nature to Jolly if you use this in OU, so that you reach 280 speed for Luke. I would also drop X-Scissor for Swords Dance, cause that pretty much spells gg. If you use this in OU, keep Aqua Jet, because you can continue your sweep in normal weather or sand. In UU though, I would recommend Return to get a harder hit on Quaggy and co.

Lanturn is actually bulky enough to be another rain starter for you. I would consider replacing Signal Beam for it.

For Toxicroak, I don't really see what substitute is accomplishing for you, since you have Swords Dance. Stone Edge is a good replacement in OU, but Toxicroak has the Special Attack to actually make use of Hidden Power Grass for bulky grounds in UU, as crazy as that sounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)