UU RMT: Perfect Balance

OK, so perhaps perfect is too strong a word, but this is a balanced offense team I've been using to great effect. I got to my current spot on the UU leaderboard with it.

The team at a glance

The Lead

Valiant (Swellow) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Facade
---

Swellow scares off Roserade leads before they get a chance to set up Tspikes, and U-turn lets me scout their switch. Since Swellow has a tendency to draw out Steel types, it often provides great opportunities for Blaziken to come in and wreak havok on the opponent's team. It can also sweep once things have been weakened a bit and the opponent's Rock and Steel types have been KO'd. Quick Attack is there to revenge Scarfed or other +speed opponents.

The Special Sweeper

Lilo (Shaymin) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Air Slash
---

Shaymin is a great special sweeper, and my main switch-in to the bulky waters that tend to switch into Blaziken. It can also switch into EQs directed at Registeel. Max speed lets it outspeed most threats, as well as at least tying with other Shaymin. Air Slash is in the last slot to hit the Grass types that like to switch into Seed Flare. The only thing I have to watch out for are things like Altaria or Moltres coming in on it, but both of them can be handled by Milotic.

The Wall Breaker

Chicken Little (Blaziken) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
---

This guy just rocks. Specs Overheat does incredible damage to everything. Addtionally, Bulky Waters have a tendency to come in, giving Shaymin a way in. Focus Blast's 70% accuracy is disappointing, but its 120 power more than makes up for it. OHKOs every Flash Fire pokemon, and 2HKOs Milotic. Vacuum Wave lets me revenge a lot of things, and HP Grass rounds out the type coverage. HP Electric might be a better choice here, but its unclear. I've also considered changing this to a Mixken, as there have been circumstances where the ability to change moves would have come in handy.

The Steel Wall

WALL E (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/130 Atk/16 Def/112 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
---

Registeel's great set of resistances let it come in on so many things. SR is great for every team, and helps me deal with Moltres, who can no longer switch in on Blaziken with SR. Paralysis support helps with fast threats, and Iron Head and EQ let it attack when necessary. I don't really remember the purpose of the EVs given, but they let it take a lot of necessary hits. It's usually my goto against non-fighting physical pokemon, but it's not really a physical wall per se. Also a great way to deal with rain teams: switch it in and paralyze everything you can.

The Bulky Water

Ariel (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/58 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Recover
- Haze
- Ice Beam
---

Milotic is my bulky water, but also its my special wall. Despite this, it's got a lot of def. EVs to help it take physical hits. If I can get it burned, paralyzed, or poisoned (not Toxic), Marvel Scale makes it very difficult to take down. Haze has proven very useful, ruining CMers and Cursers. Sometimes I wish I had Toxic, though. Surf is for STAB and Ice Beam is good for predicting incoming Grass-types.

The...other thing

Aladar (Torterra) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 30 HP/252 Atk/228 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
---

Torterra has its uses. After a rock polish, it can go on a sweep, and it's a perfect switch-in to Steel types if I don't want to risk Blaziken getting Twaved. However, it doesn't have quite the brute strength or staying power I'd like it to, and it's often a bit redundant with Shaymin. It's often the first pokemon I sacrifice if I need to. I'm thinking of switching to a Jolly nature and 230 speed, to outspeed +nature Scarf base 90s after the Rock Polish, but I'm not sure if the power reduction is worth it.

So, that's the team. It has great synergy, and I usually have a switch-in for everything. It does have a problem with powerful fighting attacks, though, which is why I've considered dropping Torterra for something with a good fighting resist. Suggestions for that are appreciated.

Okay, I actually like this team quite a bit, especially because of Blaziken (you get cool Points).

I'd like to start with Swellow, but there is litterally nothing to say.

This Core of Shaymin, Registeel, Milotic and Blaziken is very good for taking out many teams, especially stall.

Torterra is decent, but I would suggest something like Misdreavus to block Fighting attacks and give you better synergy with Shaymin.

Shaymin eventually will Break Registeel, with the help of Blaziken that is, which clears the way for Missy to set up.

I also may suggest you try LO Roserade over Shaymin, as it hits a little harder but also absorbs Toxic Spikes although it isnt as physically Bulky.

The reason Missy would help is because when a Mix Blaziken comes in at the same time as Torterra, or on Registeel, even your own Blaziken after an Overheat, something WILL die to Superpower. Superpower hurts almost all of your Pokemon, OHKOing most of them, 2HKOing Milotic, Torterra and Shaymin (sometimes).

Specs Blaziken is good, but you could definately try my mixed set, you will appreciate the accuracy increase, as well as the ability to switch moves, most notably with Vacuum Wave.

Here is my set:

(Blaziken) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk/20 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
---

HP electric hits the more common Moltres. Gastrodon and Quagsire are meh.

I agree that a mixiken is needed rather than a specs one, i use the agility set, although its probably more suited for OU.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
EVs: 140 Atk/116 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Electric]
- Fire Blast
- Agility

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)