[UU] Trap and Sweep Team

Hi everyone, I've just started playing UU, and although I've put together a few teams without much thought already and gotten some experience, I've lost nearly all my games, so I'm looking for a little advice on assembling a new team.

The goal of this team is to trap and eliminate the Pokemon that counter my sweepers with Umbreon and Dugtrio, and set up in their face. Not a totally original strategy, but I like the idea, so without further ado:

Arcanine @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
~ Flare Blitz
~ Extremespeed
~ Toxic
~ Hidden Power Grass

Anti-Lead Arcanine doesn't let most leads do more than a single turn of setup (usually an entry hazard) before dying. My team doesn't do gross amounts of switching, and I have no Stealth Rock weaknesses except for Arcanine itself, so it isn't a huge deal. Arcanine, being a Fire type, also complements Venusaur and Feraligatr.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 90 SpD / 168 Spe
~ Mean Look
~ Baton Pass
~ Wish
~ Taunt

This is the cookie cutter trap passer set. Umbreon comes in on a special attack, taking minimal damage, and Baton Passes to scout for any counters my opponent may have. Later, once those counters have been eliminated, Umbreon can come in and pass a Mean Look to a sweeper, who can freely set up. Taunt is useful to prevent status, and Wish just makes Umbreon even more of a team player.

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Stone Edge
~ Sucker Punch
~ Earthquake
~ Substitute

Dugtrio assists Umbreon in removing troublesome Pokemon on my opponent's team. It can trap unsuspecting sweepers switching into Umbreon, predicting a Mean Look and hoping to set up, and take them out.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Power Whip
~ Sleep Powder
~ Return

One of my sweepers. Its resistances to Grass and Fighting are appreciated by Umbreon, Dugtrio, and Feraligatr. It also absorbs Toxic Spikes, which hurt Feraligatr. It's a standard Life Orb Physical set, so there's not much else to say about this Pokemon.

Feraligatr @ Liechi Berry
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 238 Spe
~ Waterfall
~ Flail
~ Dragon Dance
~ Substitute

Feraligatr completes the Grass/Water/Fire core on my team, and acts as another sweeper. Substitute down to activate Liechi Berry/Torrent, and cause havoc. Dragon Dance makes Feraligatr even more powerful, and helps if my Substitute isn't broken immediately.

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpD / 176 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Baton Pass
~ Stockpile
~ Shadow Ball

Drifblim is used as a proxy for getting my sweepers safely into play. I'm not sure what else to include here. Possibly a Spinner (Claydol?), although entry hazards don't hurt my team all that much. I'm also considering a support Pokemon like Clefable/Chansey, or maybe a special attacker with a Ground immunity. Looking for ideas. Thanks a lot!

Alright, so looking at the basis of this team, you have an EXTREMELY effective way of simply removing Registeel from the face of this planet ( Through Umbreon / Dugtrio trapping. :) )

That being said, Mismagius fits the bill of what you are looking for. She probably one of the best Special Sweepers in the UU environment, and is immune to ground like you asked. :)

I personally would go with the Nasty Plot variant, shown on the following link

www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mismagius

The NP variant is my favorite.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)